Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 am

Ahhh good luck with that ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myviewing on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 pm

I've got my power rewritten, he's now down to G score of 40. I'm mostly curious if the story of my character and the character himself is acceptable though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myviewing
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Having reviewed it, unfortunately not. The zero gene is an utterly anomaly in genetic development, which is why the subjects are hunted so, your character story and direction would take too many liberties, so I'll have to reluctantly say no to it.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Am I the only EPC member?

Alvaron, permission to use this fact to further my creative ambition?

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Kronos, I've been poking a few people to make people for the more under represented groups, I'll also be juggling a few characters too when I post up the profiles. Either way i'll be limiting access to certain groups if numbers get too high.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myviewing on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Third times the charm hopefully?

Name: Hugo Berkhard
Alternative Name: Dr. Berkhard, President Berkhard of Shroud Inc.
Faction: Shroud
Appearance: Image An aging man with a face that shows, but has a great amount of charisma behind his voice.
Personality: Deceitful and cunning, this man uses Shroud to his own ends in order to gain power and wealth. He will attempt to win someone over before ever considering having them killed. Before taking any chances for himself though, he will always send out one of his bioweapons to gather information on the subject beforehand.
Bio: Dr. Hugo Berkhard was considered to be a genius by his employers for his discovery of the Zero Gene. He saw himself as the next greatest Scientist the world would soon know. However his success would also begin to drive him to what many would call insanity. He began to desire this power for himself, thus resulting in preformance of experiments that man would not have dreamt of preforming before. Many ESP users were killed in his research, and Hugo eventually came to the conclusion that he would need much more resources than what he has now. He would need the resources of a Corporation.

Developing technology that would result in Shroud's Bioweapons heeding his every command, Hugo soon had an army of ESP users to bend the corporation to his will. Having siezed control of the Shroud Corporation, the company now engages in the many practices that have made its image what it is today. He is very uncaring of the human condition, seeing humans as nothing more than mere animals to be tamed. Now in the year 2301, Berkhard sees a great oppurtunity to slip under the nose of the current Coalition Government and engage in what would be defined as inhuman acts.

Today however, he is very rarely ever seen in public. He spends most of his days in his underground lab, still searching for the correct method of claiming one's Zero Gene for himself. With the resources he is constantly swindling from world governments and even fellow corporations, he may have all the time in the world at this point.

Myviewing
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheKillers on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:31 am

Name: Rillian Seer
Alternative Name: 8
Faction: Project
ESP Type: Defensive
ESP Level: C-14 G
Neutral Abilities:
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Telemovement
Defensive Abilities:
Barrier
Neutralizing
Psychic Wall
Masking

Custom Defensive Abilities:

G Find - Rillian can see ESP in a physical form emanating out of the ESPer's mind. Based on the size of the aura around any ESPer's mind, Rillian can detect what their Gs is. Rillian doesn't have to perform this and autmatically sees it everywhere.

Weakpoint - Finds where an opponent's defense is weak, allowing Rillian to find the best way to defeat them. Once again this happens wherever he goes, automatically pointing itself out, unless the person's Gs are higher than his.

Drain - Drains opponents Gs by a small margin, only works if opponents Gs are one more than Rillian's or less.

Custom Offensive Abilities:

Advantage: Taking advantage of Weakpoint, Rillian can create a sharp pain wherever that may be, as long as enemies Gs are equal or less than Rillian's.

Appearance: Rillian is 5'11, but looks shorter than that because of his weak build. Rillian is very lanky looking, and has brown hair, done up in a fohawk, a mohawk without shaved sides. He usually wears a jacket over a t-shirt, usually something with contrast. His eyes are an incredible shade of lime green, completely overpowering his black pupils. He always wears blue jeans, and black and white Converse with green laces.

Personality: Rillian is happy, outgoing, extroverted, and usually agreeable. He is very funny at times and doesn't usually go over the edge. His temper is slow to rise, but when it does the dam breaks. Rillian isn't usually a follower, but because defensive ESPers are never seen as leaders he has toned it down and will usually follow unless he feels his opinion is very important in the current situation. He gets distracted by: the colorful birds, the flashing lights, the scientists, the ocean, the lava, and the stars, all figments of his imagination usually.

Bio: Rillian can see more than you. He cannot tell the difference between reality and his imagination at times, but this has a plus. He can see an aura of power around everyone, even civilians, although their's is much less prominent. If their G's are lower than his, or 1 over, the aura turns into many shades of color, the cooler it is, the weaker the area is. Rillian can't remember the horrific events at the lab, but they were enough to make him find a hiding place in his own mind. He now roams around, amazed by what the world has to offer. Whenever he sees another ESPer if they are higher than him, he turns the other way and runs, or rather, uses telemovement to get away fast. Avoidance is the game when you're being hunted.

TheKillers
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dinocular on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:58 am

Alvaron : ACCEPTED PROFILE

Looks like you guys could use a biochemist! Let me know if I need to adjust anything.

Name: Adeline Harvey

Alternative Name:

Faction: EPC Biochemist

ESP Type: Defensive

ESP Level: Class C (barely)

Abilities: Addie’s abilities are rather weak. Her mother lived quite far from the fallout, and Addie had a hard time mastering even her modest capabilities...at least up until this point in time. She can create a psychic barrier, but she cannot maintain it for long periods. Her most common use of ESP is telepathy, and she communicates this way far more often than she speaks out loud.

Appearance: Addie is a tiny little thing, a mere 5’1” and probably not 100 pounds soaking wet. Her hair is wildly curly and flaming red, but she usually wears it in two conservative braids to keep the wildness out of her face. Her skin is pale and covered with freckles from head to toe. Jade green eyes peer out from behind the red rims of the glasses that Addie did not need until she became so hooked on staring into her microscope day in and day out. She's so small that she appears childlike and fragile, especially with her tiny form dwarfed in her lab coat while she hunches over her work.

Personality: Addie is quiet, shy, and nerdy. She prefers to communicate with others telepathically, if at all, but when she does speak her voice is a mere whisper. Most people think that she laughs far too often, almost crazily so, but she seems to be unable to prevent the almost inaudible giggles from escaping her, even at highly inappropriate moments. She absolutely craves science. She loves all disciplines of science, but she was hooked on biochemistry since the moment she entered the course as an undergraduate. When she focuses on something, she blocks out the rest of the world, and she often goes days on end in the lab without eating or sleeping, until she finally passes out from exhaustion. Despite her reserved nature, she is ambitious and extremely driven, excelling in the field despite her young age and lack of social skills.

Bio: Addie never really knew her dad, but she grew up with her mom in a great home. She was never really interested in her slight ESP abilities, and it was obvious to all that the only ESP related activity she would ever master was telepathy. It was also obvious that Addie was destined to become a great scientist one day, in whatever field she chose to focus on. She did her senior thesis on the Z-gene and managed to make a significant breakthrough; from there, the EPC offered her an immediate position working with the Z-gene, and Addie took it gladly.

dinocular
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:16 pm

This is the 'current' list of accepted applications or pending spots, those unlisted may need to consider reviewing their profiles and adapt accordingly.

(Please note, certain people are on "pending" spots, due to unfinished profiles but previous discussion.)

Subjects

Saken (Pending complete profile)
Myrin (Pending complete profile)
Zael Arkan
CriminalMinds (Pending complete profile)

ECP

Kronos
dinocular

Primus

Pride
Conumbra

Shroud

-None Currently-

Freelance/Merc

Parabola
Gabriel_Whist
Lamentations (Pending complete profile)

European Government

Combatant876

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMadHatter44 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Name: Null Kazan

Alternative Name: Kold kill

Faction: Mercenary- He works for anyone with money but with in reason.

ESP Type: Balanced

ESP Level: S-60G+

Abilities:
Neutral:
Teleportation
Telemovement

Defensive:
Barrier
Neutralizing

Offensive:
Psyche Wave
Omni-Eraser**

Custom Offensive
Compressed Wave- By compressing a wave of energy he can change is form and power by adding energy. There are many draw backs to this because it takes so much time to add power to Psyche wave to make it stronger and if he adds to much power he will be left with little energy to much else with. He can also add elements to the wave like fire water or air but only if he is near it at the time.
Using elements is dangerous and can be risky because elements are unpredictable.

Psychic Implosion- Using an energy filed he can surround an enemy and can compress it to the size of a marble. Depending on the enemies power it takes more power to use so he can only hold ESPers in it for a short time and can't compress them at all unless there power is under 5G. This power is used sparingly because it zaps the user of much strength.

Custom Defensive
Psychic Shield : Psychic Shield is a basic power that gives the user a thin layer of reinforced energy that can block bullets and weak offensive attacks. It can be given more power to make it stronger but the more power place on it the heaver the user becomes. It is the easiest skill to maintain for most.

Appearance: Image
He is built like an athlete and has a runners body. He has scars that cover his back and chest from fights and jobs he had to do.
His eyes are a jade color with yellow specks trough his eye. He wears his jacket all the time because it suites him so well.

Personality: t's been said that when the character of a man is not clear, one must only look to the company he keeps. Null Kazan has enough personality quirks for two people , and it's the relationships he's forged, the places he's seen, and the experiences he has taken to heart -- good and bad; unfortunately, mostly bad -- that have helped to make the man that stand before you now.

Bio: Born in a small town, he grew up blind and helpless. When he was born he was sick with an unknown virus that took his eyes. Over time he started to develop powers and after sixteen years he could see without site. He feels the energy of people and from that can see not just people but objects people had touched. At the age of eighteen he left his home to travel abroad and study the world. He came back to find his mother was killed and he became a mercenary as a way to gather info on his mothers killer.

Anything of Note: He uses old style weapons like swords and daggers. He hates guns and missiles and find them useless. He also is and expert martial artiest.

TheMadHatter44
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheKillers on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:30 pm

What's wrong with mine? I'll fix whatever it is. ;)

TheKillers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:30 pm

TheMadHatter44, please refer to the initial post on power restrictions. Profile rejected for now.

TheKillers, your profile needs some tidying up, your custom abilities in particular, i'll go over.

"G Find" - Already capable by most ESPs, larger levels of power are easier to detect and lower ones are harder, think of it as an aura that emanates.

"Weakpoint" - Would be power playing against players and wouldn't work.

"Drain" - Hard to quantify.

"Advantage" - Same as Weakpoint.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaro Sarashi on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey Alv. Bad News. I got grounded...for being late to class. I'm using my phone to post/keep up with things but I won't have my profile up til computer is back. Aka in Two Weeks. Soooo yeah. I'm sorry D: But that gives me time to write it with the time I now have not playing video games. So expect it to be really good <3 See you in two weeks~ Ciao. (dun ask. wanted to.)

Mikaro Sarashi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Nooooooo Mika don't leave me D=

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:06 pm

My profile is nearing completion, and will be done in the next few minutes.

Pride, I like the character appearance you used, btw.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Uhhhh thank you?

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Don't know how to take a compliment? I wasn't referring to the description but the picture really.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 pm

I know I just found it odd that you would compliment it lol and that last reply could have been taken as an insult, but meh I admit it was not that good.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 pm

I didn't mean it as a insult, sorry about that.

Alvaron: ETA 15 minutes.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 pm

No problem and do I know you Lament?

Pride
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!