Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

An ambush! So jumps the newbie into the fray!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

An ambush! So jumps the newbie into the fray!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Wench on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:42 am

So this site looks pretty legit. I was completely mesmerized from reading some of the front page's roleplay posts. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm clicking everything and totally pumped for some in-depth collaborative storytellig.

A few questions though. Do roleplays facilitate two IC threads? Also how much customization to the tabs can be undergone? Is there a chat or some socializing program most people flock to?

Looking forward to an exciting writing experience! <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Wench
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: An ambush! So jumps the newbie into the fray!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:14 am

Hi there, Miss Wench! Your thread title drew me in and gave me a giggle. There was a Smash Bros cutscene in my head... oh man, good times.

Anyhow! Welcome to RPG! I am sort of the unofficial welcoming committee in the chat bar that should be on the bottom of your screen if you're not mobile. But I happened across your thread and chat is dead, so here I am! Now, as for your questions, let's see what I can answer.

Roleplays do not follow a thread system, exactly. That is, unless you use the forums for such a thing. The tab system instead uses something I feel more like a flowchart... but posts can be sorted into different locations. So for instance, two people could be roleplaying in Location A and others in Location B and not have there be any interference, so long as people place their post correctly. I suppose hypothetically you could use the locations tab and mark them as different threads, though. Never thought of that before!

Also as far as customization to the tabs, I suppose that depends on what you mean. If you're asking to change the tabs (for instance, changing Arcs to another category) that cannot be done. Other than that, I'm not too sure what you might be asking. However, everything posted on this site can be edited with BBCode to make things look super pretty and neat! And as for chat, there is a chat bar at the bottom of the non-mobile page like I mentioned before. Sometimes we do TinyChats in there, but eh. There's not much in the way of that, unfortunately. The site is going to undergo some changes in the future, so we may see something!

If you have other questions, feel free to IM me or send me a reply on this thread (I'll keep my eye on it for the time being). You can send PMs after making ten forum posts, so try and get that done! Best place to do that is the Forum Games section, in my honest opinion. And though it is a read, many other questions can be answered at this link right here, written by one of our former members. I look forward to seeing your name around!

Senpai

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: An ambush! So jumps the newbie into the fray!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:02 pm

You've been noticed by Senpai!

Hello and welcome to RPG! Like Senpai I'm one of the unoffical welcoming committee and I'd like to just say hello, offer any help that you may need, and shamelessly show off the roleplay in my signature - it's targeted at newbies so that they can learn about the tab system that Senpai went into such great depths explaining.

I hope you find what you are looking for here and if you need anything I'm usually lurking down in chat!
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!