Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stand By Me

Q & A's and just all around good info to know

a part of “Stand By Me”, a fictional universe by Scarlett_Rose.

Stand by me is a interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stand By Me”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q & A's and just all around good info to know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Will add more as question are asked.
Thanks to lovechanningforever for giving me the idea for this)

What is the plot?
Stand By Me: a role play based on life has no plot, per say. It is an interactive role play in which the characters create the problems, solutions, relationships, and overall story line. Our characters are basically living life, and something like that just isn't premeditated...no matter how hard we try to make it.

How should i make my character?
For now only show your character as a CHILD. Younger than a teenager, but old enough to talk and think for themselves. We will add to our profiles as our characters grow and change.

Where does this role play take place?
In a small town in the US. Where exactly? Well, that's for us to decide in the OOC before we get things started!

Will this be limited?
As much as it pains me to do so, yes, this role play will have a limit on players accepted. Although you can create however many characters you are able to handle, I just can't have too many different thoughts and ideas going into this. I have to ensure my dedicated role players are receiving the attention and responses they deserve.

I will allow a maximum of eight role players at this time.

How will you accept players?
This is the most important process, and yes, I can be picky when selecting. I will choose my role players on the bases of four categories:
Literacy. I can not stress this enough. I am extremely tired of reading short and choppy sentences. Not everyone can write five-eight paragraph responses, and that is perfectly fine, but I promise you, it is possible to write an amazing post with a minimal of three paragraphs if you know how.

* Commitment. It doesn't matter how many role players I have, everyone plays an important part. I beg you, if you join this role play, stick it out through the end...or at least tell us if you will no longer participate.

And yes, I will be looking to see if you are active in the OOC as well as your post in other role plays

*Willingness to come up with ideas of your own within reason. Do not play your character(s) off of another. Be creative.

*Imagination. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Also, I placed something really important in the introduction section that MUST be present on your profile to be accepted. Without that, you are wasting my time.

Lastly, incomplete profiles that are submitted will not be accepted...there will be no exceptions.

Will there be limits to what can happen?
Of course. Your character can not be the center of attention at all time, nor can they be "perfect". This is life, let's keep things realistic. I know bad things happen, but please do not make your character a sob story.

Is romance a factor in this role play?
I'm sure romances will work their way into a plot, but once again keep it realistic. I urge dating among the group, as well as outsiders. There is no "forever" from childhood til death, at least not in this role play.

They will be break ups, betrayal, love triangles...or squares, and anything else you can think of. Do not have a fit if your "love interest" moves on to another sometimes or just ends things. THIS IS ABOUT LIFE and it does happen
Last edited by Scarlett_Rose on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Q & A's and just all around good info to know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 am

Please, post all questions here to be answered.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:35 pm

I am afraid that the language I use for my character will be un child like at some situations, I plan on using the persona of a character I acted in one of my theater projects on whom I worked for quite a while as i developed his character and behavior. The character was a little kid in a play based in a kinder garden and while my character for this Roleplay will be different I think I shall use the same theme that character had. Do you have any tips on roleplaying kids to share? would you be able to give me a heads up if the language or thought process is quite simply too complicated to be that of a child?
/

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Depending on your child's age, the way they talk really shouldn't matter.

Now, don't get me wrong, a six year old can't think and act like an adult, but once a child reaches around nine or ten there really isn't that much of a difference from...let's just say.... a fifteen year old ( other than maturity and words used...but even that can be argued)

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!