Angels breath.

Topic Tags:

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Angels breath.

Postby rizzyrat on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm

This is a private roleplay between myself and Sweetgal.

beep… beep… beep.

That sound had become as familiar as her own heart beat. More familiar possibly. It was always there, not far away from her bed. Of course it had been worse when she was younger, when she wasn't allowed to move, to get up and stretch her body. When she was a child, if thats what you would have called her, that beeping had been attached to her, a long wire attached to her body that connected to the noisy machine. It was still connected now of course, but it had become wireless, so she was free to move around without disturbing the readings the scientists were getting.

As her pale blue eyes scanned the room Abra noticed something she hadn't expected to see, especially around her. To her amazement, in her own little white room a window had been left open. Such an act was forbidden anywhere near her for fear she would try to leave, and they had such rules for good reason. Seeing the open window, her gateway to freedom, the first thought Abra had was to jump through it, take the chance she was given and take her life back for herself. She looked around her quickly, glancing to make sure she was still alone. Once she was convinced she spread her mottled white and black wings and ran for the window. Within seconds she felt the sweet breeze on her cheeks, the air wiping through he long pale blonde hair. She had done it, she was finally free. Her victory was short lived however.

Abra hadn't thought this plan through. She hadn't really thought about the fact that she wasn't really allowed to fly while she was locked up. To her dismay her muscles weren't strong enough to cary her far. As she watched, the ground came under her, getting closer and closer. She curled her wings in, curling into a ball hoping that would be enough to stop her from greatly hurting herself. She hit the ground and rolled to her side, laying in a crumpled heap before getting herself up and taking off running.

She had no idea where to go. She had never been on the outside before. Around her people gave her strange looks but she didn't pay any attention. Soon she came to a group of buildings, what she assumed were normal homes. She ran up to one and slipped past a fence into a closed off grassy area behind. A window was open. She could hide in there! She knew she must have been followed. She had to hide fast. She jumped through the window and knocked over a vase in the process. Abra laid on the ground, scooted against the wall hoping no one heard her.

Rule number 126: I am not allowed to Declare it official hug a slytherin day.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Re: Angels breath.

Postby sweetgal on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 am

The black suede car pulled up in front of the house, with a stressed yet somewhat looking professional man. Austin halted the car, bringing it to a stop as he turned the car off pulling the key out in a hurry. He sighed stepping out the car before loosening his tie, and discarding the jacket despite the low temperatures. Austin reached out for his briefcase from the back seat, before locking the car. Working as a lawyer paid well, but the amount of work that came with it seemed to be overrated in Austin's matter. He had been fighting many cases, admiringly winning some others he had lost out on but there was this once case relating to new scientist experiments to create mutants that he was fighting. He was nearly finishing a year on that case, and his company had advised him to leave the matter but there was a sense of determination that seemed to make him want the pleasure of winning and he wasn't prepared to back down.

Austin's light brown eyes landed on the white porch, with the door as he pulled out the keys to the house from his suit pocket heading toward the door. The key rattled in the keyhole before finally allowing Austin to pass through. Being the only man in the house, in fact the only person that lived in the house, it was in no polished state especially not his bedroom. The house was a bit big for just one person but he didn't quite like stuffy studio apartments. The briefcase was placed on the side by the door, with the suit jacket sprawled on the coat hanger , as he began to head down the hall toward the stairs.

A crash sound, brought Austin to his senses as he grabbed on to the handrail by the stairs. "What the-e.." he said furrowing his eyebrows, trying to figure out what could have possibly fallen and created such a loud sound. He stepped back his feet reaching the tiled floor, as he headed toward the living room trying to see what had caused the noise. Austin played with his tie as he scanned the room, finding nothing displaced well there were no signs of a fallen object. He began to head toward the back patio of the house past the dining room.

He caught sight of an open window from far back, shaking his head as his gaze lowered to a broken vase with the pieces scattered across the ground. "What happened here?" he said out loud more to himself than anything. His first instinct was that someone had broken in but there was no evidence of it anywhere else. Austin passed the thought off imagining the wind from the window had caused the vase to fall. He took a few steps heading into the back room to close the window when he tripped on something. "Owww.." he winced as he caught hold of a table nearby. Turning back to look he had tripped on someone rather than something.

Austin's eyes widened as he caught sight of the person, with wings. He hadn't seen anyone like this, but after some thinking it dawned upon him that the figure seemed familiar but he just couldn't pinpoint who. After a moment of stunned silence he took a deep breath before taking a few steps back in caution. "What-t.. who.. are" he began to say stammering. Austin swallowed hard before twitching with his tie. "Who are you?" he asked finally. "How did you get in here?" he asked.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:18 am

Abra sat in silence on the floor, holding her breath so she could catch any nearing sound. At first she heard nothing and allowed herself to relax a little, finally feeling the sting on her body from hitting the ground when she had crash landed outside. She cast her eyes on her upper leg, where the pain was the most. It seemed she had actually slid across the ground when she had landed, leaving long rather painful scratches down the length of her thigh. She was about to try and stand when she heard footsteps. Abra was quick to look up, though it was too late. She could hear the man speak, and before she could hide herself he tripped over.

The slightly shaking woman's eyes widened when he looked at her and spoke. "Wh- who am i?" Her voice shook as she repeated his question. Her light eyes flashed around the room quickly. He wasn't wearing a white coat, and he didn't seem to be a scientist. If he was why ask such a stupid question? Unless he actually didn't know her. She pulled her wings in tight to her back and shook her head. "My name is Abra." She whispered. Now to answer how she came in. Her eyes darted tot he open window. "It was open... I didn't mean to break anything. but i have to hide!" She said, suddenly hyper aware that she could still be found.

The pain in her leg faded, she no longer cared she was sitting in a pile of broken vase pieces and jumped to her feet, leaving a small smear of blood ont he floor from where she used her hands to push herself off the ground. She looked around her, darting into a room with strange appliances. She hid against a cabinet and rested her forehead on her knees, her wings pulling around her body like a sort of feathers cocoon. She glanced down the hallway at the stil startled man and her eyes began to water. "Please don't turn me in to them. I don't want to go back." She whispered.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

Austin watched the unusual looking woman with slight fear and nervousness. He was still trying to figure out where he had seen someone familiar to her. He studied her behavior, it was as if she was somewhat scared from him. The movement with her wings, clicked something into his mind. She seemed to be of the scientist experiment. The very same he had been trying to shut down. Austin was surprised to see her and even more worried as to the consequences that could lead from this. If any scientist or anyone from that organization came to know that one of their mutants was hiding in his house, he could be sued and that was the last thing he wanted.

Listening to her introduce herself, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly wondering what step he should take upon this matter. His gaze diverted to the window as he sighed regretting the fact he had left it open. Austin jumped a little at her sudden change in tone. "Hide?.. What? Hide from who?" he said scanning the room, as he looked out the window only to see the empty garden. He was slightly scared as to what she was talking about but soon enough logic kicked in. If she were from that organization which was conveniently just a few blocks from the house they would be searching for her, no doubt.

The next thing he knew, Abra was sprinting across the room into the kitchen. He ran a hand through his hair, as his eyes landed on the patch of blood covering the floor. "Oh great.." he muttered to himself, having no intentions of clearing that up. Austin had no idea of how he was supposed to handle this situation. After careful thought he looked over at the room ahead, to see her rest against a cabinet. He headed toward her cautiously catching her few words. Clearing his throat, Austin leaned against the door frame "I'm-m.. not going to take you back.. I just don't know if I can keep you here. Like.." he said then shook his head having no idea where this conversation would lead to.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 am

The moment she heard she wouldn't be taken back her body relaxed a little. The few tears leaking from her eyes out of fear faded away and she gave a shaky nod. "I- i Don't have to stay here. I can leave. Will you let me stay until it is dark? I can hide better in the dark." Her eyes darted to the windows once more. "I can leave. But please let me stay until dark." Her wings tightened around her once more. Her leg and hands were starting to hurt much more. She had been through a great amount of stress in her life, but it seemed to be taking much more of a toll on her now. Her body ached and she felt tired.

As she watched the man a sudden thought came into her head. Her attention shot back to him and she narrowed her eyes. "You haven't said anything about my wings. In fact, you don't seem surprised at all." Her eyes widened. "Do you work for them?" She pushed herself further against the cabinet, afraid of the answer. If she had managed to get herself into one of the houses of the scientists then her escape had been pointless, and would certainly never come again.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 am

Austin watched her carefully, he hadn't thought he would actually encounter a meeting with someone like her. Though he knew a little about the experiments, he was never disclosed to the in-depth explanations. He blinked a little watching her, as she spoke nervously. Running a hand through his light colored hair he shook his head. "You-u.. can't... like leave now. I'm sure there must be someone trying to find you. I guess if your good at hiding you could stay here." he said quietly. Austin knew keeping her in his property was a large risk, but it was a sense of humanity that actually made him take such a step and also the fact he could learn more about her and the experiments as a whole which might benefit his case.

Austin jumped a little at her question, as he straightened up playing with his tie a little. "No" he said plainly and shook his head. "I don't work for them" he said trying to use a softer tone, but there were mixed feelings running through his body as he spoke. Austin didn't know if he should disclose his identity to her. "I'm Austin, a lawyer. I've been trying to shut that organization of theirs for quite a while, it's a tough case" he said trying to make her feel at ease. "Trust me. I won't harm you" he continued to go on.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:17 am

She nodded, relaxing more as he spoke. Her wings slowly lowered until they were limp and practically hanging off her back. It took too much effort to keep herself bound up in her own feathers. She tilted her head slightly and her hair fell into her eyes. "You are trying to stop them?" She let the faintest hints of a smile touch her lips. Abra stood, shaky on her weakened legs and moved a little closer to the man, the paper dress she wore from the scientists keeping he body hidden.

"Thank you for letting me hide. I wont get caught." Her voice still shook, though she was slowly calming down. "I will not let myself get caught and taken back. I will stay hidden very well." She said, a tone of promise to her voice. She glanced down at her hands as she spoke. "Do you have anything i can use to make it stop?" She whispered, showing her cut, bleeding hands.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 am

Austin watched her adjust her posture along with her wings. He actually found it quite mesmerizing how the scientists had manage to create a mutant like her, with human features but large wings similar to a bird or whatnot. He blinked a few times before listening to her as he slightly shrugged his shoulders leaning against the door pane "Trying.. that's the word" he said his hands sunk deep into his pockets as he lowered his gaze before looking up. Seeing her move, made him slightly fidget as he watched her closely.

He listened and nodded, trying to get used to the reality that was facing him here. He hadn't expected anything like this, but then again the only reason he was keeping her were probably minute measures of humanity and the fact he needed something to help him in his case. Austin looked toward her hands, as she brought them to his view. He had noticed the blood, meaning he should've known she had hurt herself in the process but it seemed to have slipped from his mind. Austin wasn't ever fond of gory stuff, even just blood "Hold on a second" he said quietly, moving from the door to enter and retrieve the first-aid kit.

He placed the kit on the counter "Does it hurt?" he asked merely making conversation while he took out a bandage, along with some cotton buds. He didn't exactly have an idea of what to do, as he turned back to face her. Cautiously reaching out, he stepped forward taking both her hands lightly "Erm-m.. I just have to wash the cut, then I can bandage it" he said quietly, already sensing the awkward atmosphere as he waited for her approval before moving over to take a step.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 am

She glanced down at her hands. The cuts were thin, but painful. She nodded once, her light hair falling in front of her face with the motion. "It hurts." She said softly. She looked back up at him and gave a faint smile. "Clean it?" She looked around. "Go ahead." She said softly. She kept her hands up, watching her hands. She kept her eyes on the man, waiting for him to wrap her hands.

"So, How long can i stay?" She asked softly. "I don't want to cause any trouble." She said softly. "I... I can help around the house." She added, looking around. She didn't really know how to do housework, but she could learn. It would be better then sitting around taking up his space. "I would like to do something to make up for your help." She gave a light smile, her wings fluttering slightly behind her.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:46 am

Hearing the approval, Austin smiled lightly before taking the cotton and wetting it lightly from the tap before turning to hold her hands once more as he touched the cuts lightly with the wet cotton expecting some sort of pain "Sorry" he apologized before hand as he cleaned the wound setting the cotton down as he took the bandage to wrap around her hands. He finally finished off both hands and stepped back quickly, with a small smile "There you go" he said quietly turning back to clear up.

He listened to her, and shook his head a little "It's not trouble, in some ways.. I guess" he said shrugging not knowing how long he planned for her to stay. "Stay as long as you want" he said trying to be friendly as he put the kit away turning back to look at her. Austin smirked at her comments, since he never did housework "It's okay, I have a maid" he said, then remembered that the maid might spot her causing problems "Actually with the housework I might need some help" he said shrugging not wanting to make her work. Austin looked up at her, becoming more intrigued by her wings once more.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:00 am

Abra winced when the cotton touched her hands. She smiled lightly, keeping herself from jerking backwards. It stung, but it wasn't the worst pain she had ever felt. When he finished she smiled lightly and pulled her hands back. "Thank you." She said softly. She watched him and nodded to the rest of his comments. "I can help however i can." She said softly. She watched his eyes on her wings. "Do they... bother you?" She asked lightly. She knew it wasn't usual for most people to have wings like she did. She fluttered her wings a little bit, fluffing the soft down that covered the top half of her wings.

She looked down at her leg. "Can i see that kit?" She asked, pointing to the first aid kit. "I hurt my leg too, but i think i can clean it myself." She said with a small smile. She looked down at her leg. It wasn't bleeding but it stung from her landing.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:10 am

Austin merely nodded at her 'thank you' as he smiled a little his mind filling with thoughts as he studied her behavior. It was quite rare to experience something like this, he was just trying his best to keep a calm posture. When she noticed his uncertainty he shook his head looking toward the ground slightly embarrassed "No.. it's not that" he said and shook his head once more "Just trying to get used to it" he said truthfully looking up at her with a weak smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Letting his arm drop he looked over at the first-aid kit she was pointing to, when she explained the reason of wanting it he peered down at her leg not seeing any sign of cuts "Are you sure?" he asked leaning over to grab the kit before handing it to her slowly.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:16 am

She nodded and relaxed her wings, stretching them out behind her a bit. "Oh. Yeah i guess it would be a bit weird if you aren't used to it." She shrugged slightly. "I have been around it since i was young. We were all experiments there." She glanced towards the window, looking through it, but not seeing the window itself. She took the kit when he handed it to her and moved to sit down, pulling the paper dress up far enough to get a good look at the road burn. She winced and grabbed a wash rag, cleaning it off. She put a little healing salve on it then passed the kit back. "Thanks again." She said softly.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 am

Austin watched her wings once more, before listening to her as he nodded "Oh right..." he said "So how does this experiment stuff work?" he asked cautiously knowing it was in fact confidential information, and he felt a little guilty for using her right now, but he did want to know further about it.
His attention was diverted from her wings to her leg while she pulled the paper dress up, the first thing reeling his mind was her clothes, if she was to stay he had to get her something more practical. In thought, he hadn't noticed her finish treating the burn and flinched when she passed the kit back. He took it back putting it back in his place before shrugging "Don't worry about it" he said in an equally quiet tone.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:32 am

She glanced up. "Well..." She shrugged. "I was in the avian department. The angel experiment." She smiled lightly. reaching up to pull on her hair a little nervously. "I guess they took an unborn child, which was me, injected me with avian DNA and i was born with wings." She said lightly. "Or... i guess i wasn't really born born. I was in the lab my whole life. Even before birth." She sighed.

She looked at him and smiled softly. "You keep looking at my wings. You can touch them if you want. I mean... In the labs everyone wanted to." She shrugged. "I guess if you wanted to." She tugged on her hair a little again. She watched him carefully and stretched her wings out. In the right light she did have the appearance of an angel.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:39 am

Austin listened to her, his attention this time plainly on her speech. He kept a straight face, trying to understand what she was saying "That's interesting.." he said as she finished speaking, having no idea of what to say further in response to the matter. "This means, you now permanently have wings, so you can't like hide them or anything?" he asked wanting in depth information, as he fought the slight emotion of guilt inside him.

Her next comment, took him by surprise as he smiled nervously "I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to be uncomfortable" he replied looking down, adapting his nervous emotion "It's fine" he said not wanting to make it any more awkward. When he finally looked up, he seemed to find himself studying her face, and human features more.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 am

She nodded. "Well i can hide them." She straitened up and pulled her wings against her back. The almost seemed to disapear behind her. "If i wore a big enough shirt or coat, no one would be able to see them." She smiled slightly. "I can hide them that way." She shrugged and let her wings relax again. "The other experiments there, there was one more angel like me. He's just a little boy. And i don't know about the others. I never left the lab room where we were kept." She shrugged.

She nodded and smiled softly. "it's alright. I can't imagine it is normal to have someone with wings in front of you." She gave a sheepish smile. as he watched her she felt her cheeks heat up.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:02 am

Austin watched closely, as she attempted to hide the wings behind her. Leaning against the counter he nodded listening to her go on further "That's quite cool" he said with a small smile trying to keep a light mood. If she could hide her wings in some way, he wouldn't have to worry too much. When Austin heard about a young child, he furrowed his eyebrows "You guys grow from babies to adults?" he asked wondering how the process worked.

He had a nervous look on his face, as he ran a hand through his hair nodding lightly at her comment "I guess" he said. While watching her, he stared into her eyes for a while before blinking and stepping out of the trance as he moved away slightly. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" he asked quickly, then remembered that her species might have a different food source "Do you eat human food?" he asked cautiously not sure how to ask her about the matter.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Postby rizzyrat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:12 am

She nodded. "It's pretty neat. It aches after a while though." She shrugged. "I like being able to stretch my wings." She smiled and proved her point by stretching her wings out behind her. She then nodded. "Yes. We are taken from donors and grown in the labs. They brought Laddie in 5 years ago." She shrugged. "He is a five year old boy now." She smiled softly. "They wanted to see if male genes worked as well as mine."

She tilted her head and smiled softly. "Well... yeah. don't you?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "It is normal food isn't it?" She smiled softly. "Do you have any food?" She asked, suddenly feeling rather hungry. It had been a while since she had actually eaten anything.
rizzyrat
Member for 3 years

Postby sweetgal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:23 am

Austin nodded in an understanding manner "Whatever your comfortable with" he replied watching her expand her wings as he smiled at her. He listened to her propping himself against the counter. "Oh and you have no problem living like this?" he asked trying to see if he could bring something out that would favor the case in his side.

Austin sniggered a little at her comment, watching her as he smiled and nodded "Yeah normal food" he responded moving off the counter as he looked over around the kitchen "I don't cook.. like rarely so let me see" he said before moving over to the fridge as he opened the door of the fridge. It was quite bare except for a few fruits, some take outs, and ready-made foods. He took out two pasta pots "Like pasta?" he asked.
sweetgal
Member for 3 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.