Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anyone want to RP with a newbie?

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Anyone want to RP with a newbie?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:25 pm

I just joined, and I'm not sure where to start, so I thought I'd just throw myself out there. I think I'm a pretty good writer, but I'm new to RPing, especially original characters, and I'd like to try a one on one with someone first to see where my skills are.

As far as genres, I'd like to try werewolves, or at least supernatural, but I'm open for whatever you want to do if you have a plot in mind already. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marzo
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Anyone want to RP with a newbie?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Hey Marzo! Welcome to RolePlayGateway. I'd love to try out a supernatural RP, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Wow, thank you ViceVersus (what do you prefer to be called, by the way?). Can't wait to get started. Is it okay to start a board for a 1x1 RP, or should we do it over PM? I still need to do a few more posts before I can, but it shouldn't take too long for me to do it.

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:24 pm

We actually have a tiny little subforum called Growth that's intended for exactly this purpose. You can call me Vice, Vicey-V, or Sato (a shortening of my old username) -- honestly, I don't mind anything, haha.

I see you posted in the Werewolf Preference thread! I posted in there, as well. So, a werewolf-themed RP .. I haven't had much experience with werewolves, but I welcome the chance to test them out with you.

I am sure I could whip up a plot pretty quickly. Otherwise, I don't mind an open-world type setting. It would give us a lot of flexibility in terms of what areas we want to focus on. If you want to keep it more broad in terms of story, that's fine, or we can take a little bit and try to hash out who's who, that sort of thing. Totally up to you, and what you're comfortable with.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:44 am

Well, in terms of plot, I did have something I thought of.

I have two characters I wanted to try RPing together, sisters. One of them has been bitten recently and is trying to hide it from the other, who is not a werewolf. What I was thinking was, maybe my werewolf meets yours, and ends up coming to them for help?

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Sure, that has a lot of potential. I'm down for it.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Awesome. Which one of us should make the board then?

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:54 am

Hmm. Why don't you make the post to set the scene with your characters, and I'll figure out something to add to it, or reply with? :)

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 pm

It's been made! It's in Growth and titled Roleplay Practice with ViceVersus. Thanks again for RPing with me, can't wait to see your reply. Here's the link just in case you can't find it:

roleplay-practice-with-viceversus-t92344.html#p2021869

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:27 pm

I got my post up! Sorry it took so long. :)

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!