Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Apocalypse: The "New World" [OOC]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Apocalypse: The "New World" [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Apocalypse: The “New World”-OOC

It's the End of the World as We Know It.

*I do not claim this picture. All credit goes to creators of this picture.

Setting:
December 24, 2012-"It's been three days since it happened, and I still do not know how to explain it. Fear and panic is everywhere. It is unsafe to step out into the streets...so many around me have tried. I haven't seen them again. The smell of death permeates the air, and sometimes you cannot move without having to crawl over the lifeless bodies. Often they trap you and you have to--Never mind. I do not wish to remember the details. All I know, is that it is the end of the world as we know it.The sky is filled with smoke and ash, and it is too dark to see without a match. I will continue writing later, I'm finding it difficult to breathe...I just need to close my eyes----"

2062- It has been fifty years since "The Event," and things have changed dramatically. Many people perished half a century ago, but some survived. And those who survived learned to control their new world. The first few years were terrifying. People changed. Looting, fighting, murder...all things despicable took place.

Eventually, the world settled into a complacent malaise after that global event that shook the very foundation of our civilization a half century ago. Those that were alive then, too young to offer any insight; they only recall the darkness. All others who knew what occurred perished. Recently the anarchy stopped and reached some semblance of order.

New statehoods began to form, and a meeting between two influential orders at the Mountain of the Gods (Mount Rushmore) yielded a truce stretching the length of the US eastern coast. The City-State called Salt annexed the weaker state of Georgetown and the Agrarian Township of Enoch. Salt is now the largest city in all of Salzburg Proper (The old states of New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland) and where the story takes place.

The "New World":
Everyone has a niche in this new world, a job received at birth that has presently become a pseudo-caste system. Fighters, Fixers, Finders and Fathers.

Fathers: The leaders of men, eventually chosen for a power position, be it in the city-level or regional. The rarest caste, Fathers tend to be narrow minded and receptive to corruption.

Fixers: The maintainers of life. Doctors, Engineers, Scientists all are considered Fixers. This caste also advises the fathers, and by far the most intelligent of the castes.

Finders: Focus on scouting, spying, scavenging for goods, navigation and search and rescue operations. They are the ultimate survivor and guerrilla tactician.

Fighters: The muscle, they are security, soldiers and gladiators. Though lacking in overall brightness, their savagery and physical prowess are unquestioned.

There are also new terms in place in the "New World." These include:
Farms: Suburban communes, or rural townships
Bricks: Cities, any which used to have large populations and tall buildings.
Baronies: Counties, areas that contain several Bricks and Farms
City-States: Several Baronies. City-States are constantly shifting in size due to every few years of military posturing.

The land and politics in the “New World:
Land:
The “New World” is divided into Baronies and ruled by a Baron. With the inclusion of several Baronies, a City-State surfaces, governed by a Monarch. In a City-State, a communal republic is formed. Regarding food, taxes and work a representative from each Barony goes to the Senate in the capital city to vote and hear the Monarch’s decrees. In matters of the state, be in laws or military matters the Monarch has absolute say and the power of veto in all aspects. A list of the most populous City-States in the North American Continent and their Capitals measurements are approximate, yielded by Military enlistment numbers, workers and leaving margins of error for unfortunates(criminals, beggars, squatters and slaves). :

Aix – Naphtha (Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee) 12,845,202 – 323,002

405 – Vienna (California, Western Mexico, Oregon, Nevada) 9,989,765 – 576,435

Salt – Circle K (New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland); 8,643,212 - 460,400

Norman – Kohler (Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and S. Dakota) 7,403,388 – 218,669

Rain – Searle (Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Parts of Canada) 1,876, 644 – 389,077

Finally, there are the areas known as “No-man’s land” often referred to as the Dragon’s Causeway. These areas stretch over large areas, sometimes around city states, or within decayed and destroyed bricks. Any place dubbed as No-man’s land is populated with the remainder of the savage population. It is in these areas that no order is kept, and people off all types gather. They are generally savage, violent people, and it has been rumored that to survive, the inhabitants of the Dragon’s Causeway have resorted to cannibalism. Whether these rumors are true or not, no one wants to find out.
Economy:
Trade between baronies and city-states is how the people of the ‘civil’ lands gain their goods . Farming and a small bit of ranching are still prevalent in the “New World.” Large game animals have mostly disappeared from the country. Smaller game animals such as rabbit, squirrels, and turkey can still be found. In some areas, sheep and goats have also been able to be raised and contained in small numbers. They are very valuable.
Weaponry/technology:
Since “The Event,” development of technology has come to halt. No further advancements have been made, and it is unlikely that any will be made in the near future. Therefore, all weapons that are attainable in the Salzburg Proper are what were available in 2012. These can be found/stolen/bought now. The two most plentiful guns world-wide are the archaic Mauser Bolt-Action Riffle, followed by the AK-47. Every militia or paramilitary organization to date utilizes these weapons. The Mauser has a slight advantage in terms of versatility. It can be shortened by sawing off the shoulder stock and most of the barrel to make a weapon the size of a pistol but the fire-power of a rifle. Inexpensive single shot, 12 or 20 gauge shotguns are also commonplace. However, simple melee weapons are prevalent regardless of caste or region.

Note: If you have questions about weaponry, please direct them to Smokescreen. He knows a considerable amount more than I do about this. :)

Plot:
This will take place within the city of Salt. The Fathers within the city have determined that a new scouting mission must be completed. They gather together a group of Fixers, Finders, and Fighters and send them forth in Salzburg Proper. Unfortunately for these poor souls, they will have to pass through Dragon's Causeway. What will happen to them, and will they survive the journey?

So, the plot is fairly open-ended. I want this to be mostly character driven, though Smokescreen and I will occasionally throw plot twists/complications in to advance the storyline. I really want to see some good character struggles, not only external but internal as well, okay? :)

Rules:
  1. I shouldn’t have to tell you, but I will. No godmoding. No controlling other characters, the usual stuff. Please keep it as realistic as possible! No character is not going to not get hurt. This is far from a peaceful community.
  2. This is a mature roleplay. Cursing, violence and gore will be incorporated. However, please do use common sense. If you are unsure about posting it, then you probably don't want to. While I define this as a mature roleplay, there is to be no sex of any kind, and there should be no reason to 'go there.'
  3. This is a literate roleplay! To me, this means good grammar and spelling is required! Please try to write a good two to three paragraphs a post. I understand if you have writer's block, if you do, sit out until you have something to write about. At no time should I ever read a one-liner. However, this does not mean to make posts filled with unnecessary details either. Please use good judgment here and we'll be okay.
  4. As GM, I reserve the right to deny your character/posts, or kick you from the RP should you not follow my rules. Please be respectful of this. I don’t bite, and I will try and be as helpful as possible before denying you.
  5. At this time, I am only accepting eight characters not including mine and Smokescreen's. One character per person please.
  6. Please have fun, and if you are unsure about anything, you are always able to send me a PM. I will work with you!

Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[color=#800000]Application[/color]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Caste/Job:[/b](Father, Fixer, Finder, Fighter)
[b]Physical Description:[/b](Please use your words here! NO posting pictures only.)
[b]History:[/b](short and simple, please. I prefer to let most of it come out in the roleplay.)
[b]Weapons/Equipment:[/b]

Accepted Characters:
  • Jason Palmer (Finder) - Smokescreen
  • Tally McDaniels (Finder) - xNightxElfx
  • Dr. Saunders Rinn (Fixer) - DeathByChocolate
  • Artus Castus (Finder) - ValaunDae''Voth
  • Jace Tanner (Fighter) - Pencil_Me_In
  • Jim "Sheriff" Brownwater (Freelancer/Fighter) - Darkane
  • Isobel Yeager (Fighter) - { Awesome }

I, Night Elf, am the GM of this roleplay, and Smokescreen is the Co-GM! Please respect us. <3

I hope that I have provided you with adequate information that you will need for this roleplay. If I have not done so, or you feel you need more info, please do not hesitate to PM me! You may also PM Smokescreen and he will also try to help you out with whatever you need. I really want this to be a fun, long-lasting, epic roleplay, but I need your help to make it so!
Last edited by xnightxelfx on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I tried to do handstands for you but every time I fell for you. I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Apocalypse: The "New World" [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 am

Ah, awesome, I like it so far :)
I think about a character and send you my application until tomorrow (German time). I can imagine that in order to secure their farms against the savages, the larger cities have a small number of scouts guarding the borders. Or some sort of Sheriff who enforced the law of the fathers in more outlying areas of Salzburg? I would be interested in this role.
Do horses still exist?

At which point will the RP start? Are we already on the mission?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 am

Application
Name: Jason Palmer
Place of Birth: Town of Fourteen, City-State of Salt. (Germantown, MD)
Caste/Job: Finder
Physical Description:Tall with a slight build, Jason has light brown hair and grey-blue eyes, covered by mirrored aviator styled sunglasses. He is quick to smile but in his eyes, he holds a terrible secret. He is clean-cut, relatively speaking. He often has a few days growth of beard on his face and does not seem to mind much. His clothing is a patch-quilt mix of several different styles; military black boots, Khaki cargo trousers, a t-shirt with four cartoon turtles and a rat for some reason. He found it in a bunker and since no one else wanted it he took it. Jason also wears a vest that holds magazines of ammunition, olive-drab green, with his name written in grease on the back neck brace. He wears a red beret with a green patch on it, on the patch there is a tiny silver metal bar rank insignia.
History: : Jason, like most was an underweight, premature birth. Also like most, not expected to survive the night in the disgusting conditions. He was fortunate to be in a town that had a hospital and a fixer that was sober most of the time. From youth to age he had his eye to the ground. He was always searching. His finds of copper, granite and water keep his name on people's lips. At 13, he discovered a bunker containing food, literature, maps and weapons; which was talked about for years. He is level-headed and duty-bound. His skill even drew the attention of the Warrior-King Michael II, who used him in a reconnaissance mission to a rival City-State. For which he received high accolades, the title of Pathfinder-Lieutenant and a commission in the Military of Salt.
Weapons/Equipment: : (1) 1938 Pattern Turkish Mauser, 50+5 rnds 7.92x57mm, turned-down bolt, barrel shortened to four inches. Stock removed and replaced with a metal hook made to wrap around the forearm so the weapon can be fired single-handed. (1) Spanish CETME, 160+20 rnds 7.62x51 (.308 Nato) Standard bluing and wooden stock, added leather sling, no other modifications. (1) Knife, matte black, seven inch blade, wire cutting teeth opposing cutting edge.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 am

@Darkane: Good, I'm glad that you like it thus far! Yes, the Fighters would be the guards. They would probably also be employed to guard borders against savages/wanderers. This will start at the beginning, just before the team sets off on their mission.

@Smokescreen: Yay! He's awesome. :)

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm pretty sure the antagonist(s) will be an NPC(s) but if someone wants to play said antagonist just ask xnightxelfx.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Application

Name:Dr. Saunders Rinn(Hates her first name. People Just call her Rinn.)

Place of Birth:Searle, Rain

Caste/Job:Fixer

Physical Description:Rinn's father is what was once called Asian-American, and her mother is Caucasian. Rinn has taken on more of her father's traits than her mother's, with light olive-toned skin and long black hair. Her eyes are a golden tawny and rather catlike. She does, however, sport her mother's high cheekbones and rosebud mouth. She is short, no taller than 5'3'', and she weighs 122 lbs. Though her frame is petite, she keeps it toned. She is a woman of discipline, if nothing else.

History:Born the daughter of the Monarch of Rain --her mother, though it was extremely rare for there to be a female Monarch-- it was assumed that she would be chosen as a Father herself and later take her mother's job. She was, however, chosen to be a Fixer. This angered her mother. After Rinn's birth, the doctors told the Monarch that children were no longer possible, and as Rinn was her first and only child, there would be no successor from the family.

The Monarch held this against her daughter, believing that the deficiency lied with her daughter. Rinn was often treated coldly by her mother, and thus grew to hate her. The name she had been given --Saunders-- was her mother's last name, and she grew to hate it as much as her mother. No one calls her by her first name now.

Her father was her only ally, and it was he who helped her discover her calling. He was a Fixer and a doctor himself, and he had longed for a child to impart his knowledge to. Rinn loved her father very much, and strived to follow in his footsteps instead of her mother's. She trained to become a doctor under his tutelage, and she became a great one. Sadly, her father did not live to see it.

After her father died, she moved to Salt to get away from her mother. She has no contact with the Monarch besides the news she hears from third parties.

Weapons/Equipment:Rinn dislikes weapons, but in this day and age everyone is taught how to use them. She doesn't own any, but if the situation calls for it and she is outfitted with one, she knows how to use it.

She does, however, carry a large medical kit complete with everything she needs for medical aid.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Name: Artus Castus
Place of Birth: The Dragon's Causeway
Caste/Job: Finder
Physical Description: Artus looks very true to his heritage,wearing frayed leather garments,with a hooded cloak. Everything is held in place by belts and buckles and despite the shabbiness of his clothes it is all kept well conditioned. He has steel gauntlets over his forearms,but the most astounding thing about him is the tubes coming from his back that connect through his hood to a plate-like mask covering his face.
History:Being born in the wastes beyond civilization,Artus has become a cold,independent individual baptized in violence and bloodshed. Nothing effects him very much,having died inside long ago,he simply wishes to survive,which led him to leave the wastes and offer his service and knowledge to those in the cities,and has made a good living in doing so. Despite his young age,he is an incredible guide and fierce foe to those who earn his ire.
Weapons/Equipment: Artus carries a vicious hook and chain,as well as multiple daggers,and a .306 rifle,with a sidearm of a nearly antique C96.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey Val, I'm the weapons expert here on this Role Play Journey and just wanted some clarification. When you said a .306 calibre rifle did you mean a .308 or a 30-06, both are pretty common and I've never heard of a .306 I am willing to be wrong if you could just either send a picture of the cartridge or a model/make of the rifle you are trying to use that would be very helpful and add to the authenticity of the RP. Also, for the C96 - great choice I am a big fan of Mauser weaponry and just had a question, is your pistol chambered in the standard 30 cal (7.63mm) or the 9mm variant. I'll let you use either but if you plan to be cowboy with it I would suggest the 9mm. Your choice though.

Smoke

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 pm

That was a mistake on my part I meant .308.
And as for the C96,that's fairly surprising,no one else I've even mentioned it to has even known what I meant,I had to refer to something along the lines of Resident Evil,but being an American setting I would go with the 9mm variant since it's a common round.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Excellent. DeathbyChocolate and ValaunDae'Voth, you are both accepted!

I'll *hopefully be posting my character tomorrow. My family is in town so I kind of have to be sociable and visit with them so no guarantees though :/ Lol

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Application
Name: Jace Tanner
Place of Birth: Searle, Rain
Caste/Job: Fighter
Physical Description:Standing at an intimidating 6'5, Jace is of obvious German heritage. With broad shoulders and a muscular physique, he fits the role of Fighter perfectly. His dark brown hair is long enough to graze his shoulders and he generally skips a a few days shaving, giving him a thin beard (though he keeps it neat). His dark blue eyes he got from his mother, but the rest of him he most certainly inherited from his burly father.
History: Jace spent most of his life living in the northern parts of New World. When he was 20 he recruited into a southern division and has been working his way through the ranks ever since.
Weapons/Equipment: Jace carries your standard AK-47 and side arm when on duty, but for his own personal pleasure he keeps a nine inch hunting knife on him at all times. Just in case the ammo runs out.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 am

Pencil_Me_In you're accepted. I like him. :)

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 am

sweet, thanks! do we have an ic yet?

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 am

Hey Pencil, no IC as of yet, We are still in the logistic planning phase waiting for the group to fill out. Also are you planning to be a part of the Military of Rain or the Military of Salt (where the story takes place)?

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 am

Sheriff

Name: Jim “Sheriff” Brownwater
Place of Birth: Brownwater, rural area around Pittsburgh
Caste/Job: Freelancer (Fighter / Scout)
Physical Description: A long, worn out brown leather coat covers Jim’s tall body. A black hat with a broad brim casts a dark shadow on his sunburned face, which seems almost harsh with its grey three-day stubbles. The bright, blue eyes are a strong contrast to his dark skin. His long, crow-black hair covers his shoulders. A leather bullet necklace dangles in front of his broad chest. Two large pistols are strapped around his hip.
Perhaps some women would even call him handsome, if he could force himself to smile once in a while or convince himself to talk more than the absolutely necessary.
History: Jim was born in the surrounding area of Pittsburgh. His parents were part of a small community of survivors who tried to avoid the chaos, rape and murder of the large cities. Perhaps two dozen people, they occupied a small village and tried to start anew on the abandoned farms.
Of course, gangs from the cities and raiders from No-Mans land were a common threat to them, so everyone had to learn how to shoot, even the small kids once they were old enough to use a gun. Jim always liked shooting. At the age of ten, he was better than Grandpa, a fifty year old member of the community who was by far the oldest survivor of them all.
At the age of fifteen, the attacks became more common. The food reserves withered in the cities and the newly forming states drove the gangs out of the cities. Hence they focused their attacks more on the outskirts and rural areas. After two survivors died because of a raider attack, it was decided that someone had to patrol the surrounding area to warn the community and drive smaller bands away. Because of his outstanding shooting skills, at least compared to the rest of the survivors, Jim was picked.
Four years later the farmers were included into Salzburg Proper. Of course this did not change much for their lives. The city military was too far away to really help them. When they asked for protection, the Fathers only shrugged and told them that they had not the resources to protect the large countryside from all raiders.
When Jim reached the age of 22, the inevitable happened. A large band from No-Mans land attacked them at night when he patrolled another area and killed every farmer. When he returned he only found what remained of two cannibalized bodies.
Driven by hate and the hunger for revenge, he hunted the tribe for two months, until he finally found them. Twelve savage warriors camping in a ruined church.
He never told anyone what he did this night. Only two long scars on his chest prove the massacre the old church witnessed on its once holy ground.
Unable to live on his own, but despising the Salzburg Proper nearly as much as the raiders from No-Mans land, we worked as a freelancer in the rural areas of the state. Protecting merchant caravans traveling between the cities, guarding scientist who searched the outskirts for old technology, and bounty hunting criminals for the Salt was the way he survived from that day on. After a few years he became a known expert for the surroundings of the cities, someone who knew how to avoid raids and savages, and some rumors even told that he entered No-Mans land from time to time to fulfill a mission.
Weapons/Equipment: Two .45 Colts, one Remington 700 hunting rifle, a hunting knife, grey horse, equipment to make his own lead bullets for the colts.
Last edited by Darkane on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:29 am

Darkane wrote:

Weapons/Equipment: Ok, I need help here :P

I thought about something in the Desert Eagle league, but I guess those are too valuable and the ammunition is too hard to get? It should be something with large impact but easy to obtain bullets at the same time. Perhaps even old revolvers where you still can make the bullets on your own provided you have the material?

The second weapon should be some sort of sniper rifle. A carabiner with an attached scope perhaps?

And last but not least, I would like to have a grey horse, but I am not sure how common those still are? What do you think?

Yea if you want something that would put holes in people the size of teacups a .45 would work, just make the bullets out of lead instead of the jacketed rounds for velocity and accuracy in modern rounds. Soft lead would work, if you were willing to have something unique and cool you can just maintain yourself, what about a (or two) huge flint-lock pistols? Obviously they could be reproductions Armi Sports does some nice ones, and they are modern age, so you're not walking around with 400 year-old guns. But if you want something demoralising having a .69 calibre soft lead ball slam into you pretty much ruins your day. Just a suggestion.

A carbine is a shorten rifle, in German it would be a lower-case 'k' as in kurz, personally if you wanted a sniper (i.e. long-range/high velocity) I'd stay away from anything shortened. Now granted seeing enough film people put scopes on any damn thing, a colt commando (a gun that looks like a M4 but fires 9mm round, lame) for instance. What with you cutting your teeth in a rural setting and being basically an outdoorsman, any hunting rifle would fit with your character. Remington 700 can be chambered in a tonne of different rounds so avoid anything exotic like a .300 Winchester mag or .375 Holland and Holland. .308 (7.62 NATO) or 30-06 would be acceptable.

Horses are fine, grey or otherwise.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks, that helped a lot.

I think the .45 revolver suits best then. I liked the idea of some sort of cowboy in an apocalyptic setting, to some degree like the gunslingers in King's "Dark Tower".

Hm, I thought carbines are those long WWII rifles I used in Day of Defeat :P
Remington 700 sounds fine. Searched for a bolt-action rifle, nothing military.

The color of the horse was not the main point :P

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Carbines are usually a shorter rifle, in respect to the longer rifles of the time period (1820-1940's) To keep with my Mauser theme, the Gewehr 98 was the WWI father of the Kar98 , or Karabiner model 98 It was about 7 inches shorter (42 inches Approx) than a Gewehr 98 (49 inches Approx) Now during the Great Wars sometimes a rifle would be called a "Carbine" in name only, it was like adding "2000" in a name to make it seem more futuristic. Most of the time a "long-carbine" had upgraded sights and different superficial augmentation.

But yea love the Dark Tower books so a gun-slinger is fine by me, I'll just wait for conformation from Night Elf but I assume she's going to be fine with it as well.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Gah, to much gun talk for me. XD

Anyway, the important part is good job, Darkane. Accepted. :)

Horses are okay, but would still be considered slightly uncommon. So keep that in mind everyone.

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby {Awesome} on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 am

Are all the slots filled? I'd like to play but I would hate for you to make me a spot

||Better Than You||

{Awesome}
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!