Battle of the Upper Kingdom [IC]

Topic Tags:

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Battle of the Upper Kingdom [IC]

Postby Mitsuhide Akechi on Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I gave a quick nod and moved quickly away to burn the scrolls. I went out to the training courtyard and dropped the scrolls into a bucket and grabbed a torch dropping it in after them it took seconds for the scrolls to burn.

i looked around and saw all the soldiers training for a second it made me smile but i then moved away and back to my quarters on hmy way there i grabbed my fathers Sythe. "Gaurd, Please tell our lady if she wishes to see me that i'd rather be left for some time." i said as i entered my quaters as the guard walked off to deliver the message.

"Father? What are my options? i don't want to waste the lives of countless men again in meaningless war. surely you would know the best route to take?" i held the sythe in front of me knowing i wasnt going to get an answer. I threw the sythe to the floor and stood. Angry at not only myself but the progression of the steps being taken. "I guess....war is our only option" i sat in a chair and didnt move for several hours.
Darkness Is A Mystery To All But Me. You Will Soon Find Out What Creeps In The Shadows.

Because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever - R.I.P Grandad, you are missed greatly :'(
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Ken Shiro on Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 pm

*As i reached Upita i expected to see a normal city like any other in the land, but since its fall in our last war and the rise of Uni it seems that everyone has moved on. This city was still in ruins every building was nothing but a pile of ashes and rubble. The only building left standing was the citadel, i made my way inside and found the remains of soilders and villagers that had died trying to defend the city. I kept looking around the city and eventually found myself at the docks. I looked around trying to find somthing to help. I went and sat down next to a fire pit, i remembered sitting here just before we set off. Visions on people sitting around the fire and building the ships were all around me, the laughter of the soilders and Rains voice in the background. I suddenly saw a shade of Snow exiting the ships and placing somthing on some crates at the side of the ramp, i quickly ran over to the crates and lifted the sheet that was covering them. I found somthing all too familiar, her old swords. I could still sence her within the swords.*
This is the best complication video i could find of Kenshiro, forgive the corny english dubs;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqYK33E1oo
Ken Shiro
Member for 5 years

Postby Snowdrift on Tue May 10, 2011 12:19 pm

I sat in my thone and let out a deep sigh as I place my fingers to my temples, massaging them slowly. I sense the guard come in and I flick my wrist dismissivly. "Go away from I need some time alone as well. Tell General Mitsuhide that I thank him greatly today." I lean my head back against the throne and look up at the white marble ceiling. "So, I suppose war is our only option. May the Gods have mercy on our souls." I whispered before closng my eyes.
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

After several hours had past a guard knocked on the door.giving me the message from Snow i nodded him away. "Action is needed, war is on the horizon and we must prepare and act quickly" i looked over at the Sythe laying on the floor. "I know now what must be done." i stood and walked over to the Sythe and picked it up then walked to the courtyard Sythe in hand as all the recruits stopped and looked at me "As you were i need to pick the strongest so dont stop until your opponent gives in or you knock him unconscience." i walked around them as they now picked up the pace of their training.

i waved for a guard. "Please tell Lady Snow i wish to see her in the courtyard." the guard moved quickly as i contined to pick off the weak and select the strong.
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Ken Shiro on Tue May 10, 2011 6:01 pm

*I wrapped the swords in the sheet they were on and stapped them to my back. I mounted my horse and followed the river down to Brana, following the vision on the ships untill i saw Mitsuhide standing at the gates. He slowly faded away and i saw myself shooting out of the city towards Linai, i followed myself to Linai. Just as i reached the city i lost sight of the vision and made my way inside the city. It was still a small trading city with people running stalls, the arena in the middle of the city had been closed off, i stepped into the arena floor and looked around seeing dry blood stains apon the sand and spikes around the walls. I knelt down and rubbed my hand over the sand, the visions came back, flickering through time as i fought Hiros trials ending with an eplosion that blinded me for a mintue. As i watched myself fight against the beasts and men put against me i mind began to thrash painfully, years of my child hood were flashing into my mind. Then i saw what Mitsuhide had done for me that day risking his life to save mine. The pain stopped and i looked down at my hands, seeing myself master basic techniques had brought it back to me. Not everything but i should now be able to fight with honor. I quickly mounted my horse once again and sped off towards Uni.*
Ken Shiro
Member for 5 years

Postby Snowdrift on Sat May 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Sitting in my throne with y head against the throne, I had closed my eyes and fell asleep. It wasnt until the guard enter the throne room that I had woke up instinctively, my hands reaching for my blade but they wern't there. I sigh and shook my head. My habit to reach for my blades was their but my habit to carry blades had disappeared. I look at the guard as the guard told me that Mitsuhide wished to see me. I nod and dismiss the guard with a flick of my wrist. "I'll be there." I stood up slowly and press my hand to my head. "Please let it be good news. Please let it be good news." I whispered then I walk to the courtyard over to Mitsuhide, ignoring the recruits as I did. "Yes General?"
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

"Ah my lady thank you for joining me on such short notice." I looked at her and smiled. "These people here are now fighting to to tire their opponent out, the persons standing after will become our frontline, I wish for you to help me choose one worthy of carrying this" I held the sythe in front of her "I know this is my fathers but I wish for it to be used again."

"Also..." I paused for a moment "I think I know what needs to be done and I think you do to. I'm not going to tell you how quickly we should act. I do wish however for your forgiveness."

I turned to look at the recruits and found many unable to continue, it made me smile to see such devotion.
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Snowdrift on Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 am

I watch the recruits almost with no interst. My mind weighted heavily on what was to come. I look at Mitsuhide. "General, you will always be forgiven. I trust your words and advice. If it wasn't for that we would not have been where we are now. As of the moment, my mind is very scattered and unfocus. I believe that with war so soon it would be best to go see if my skills have not rusted." I smiled slightly at the recruits. "Care to join me for a friendly spar later on tonight General?"
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

I chuckled "it would be an honour my lady" I looked back at the recruits and dismissed them knowing war was around corner and they needed rest. I turned my attention back to snow "please rest a while my lady I think you need it more than most here, have someone get me when you are ready to spar and i will meet you here" I smiled
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Snowdrift on Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 am

I shook my head slightly and I walk over to the weapon rack and took a nice dual blade sword from the rack. "Mitsuhide. I really need to talk to you about the war that is to come." I said as I study the sword and made my way back to Mitsuhide. "By the way, if I don't spar with you now I'll get really stress. I suggest you talk and dpar with me General. It would really help me." I point the tip of the sword towards Mitsuhide. "So tell me my friend and general, do you see anyway that we can possibly end this war as quickly as possible? I would hate to send out men only to have to lose them over some idiotic decisions made by a foolish ruler like myself."
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

"As you wish my lady" i said as i walked over to a pillar and placed the sythe against it then walking back i unsheathed my blade slowly savouring the sound then faced Snow. "This war needs only a handful of expert trained me and that it what i am trying to acheive here. i felt as though i may have got some aid from Lord Xin but i guess i was wrong." i held my blade down by my side in my right hand with my left still holding on to the sheathe. Smiling i walked and clashed swords lightly against Snows signalling the beginning of the session.

"The only way this was can end is if we can use that Sythe. Believe me or not i think its the only war for history to not repeat itself." i rushed Snow forcing her to block.
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Snowdrift on Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 pm

I quickly put the sword up blocking Mitsuhide swiftly before countering with a rush of my own. "Indeed history repeats itself as do war. I fear it is inevitable." I fake the rush at the last second and I swiftly scoop down in an attempt to leg sweep Mitsuhide. "I can see the lack of experience in out army by the number of recruits and I fear that our young army may not stand a chance avaunt the harshness of war."
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

I quicky jump from Snows low sweep and hopped back "the recruits are far too young I agree however that the sythe will help, I think i see some logic in my father when forging such a weapon" i lowered myself down and and sheathed my blade I was ready to bring the spar to a higher level. "Like my father I was a master of the blade however these passed years have been cruel and I can feel my understanding slip, I'm sure you feel the same my lady, with the blade you currently hold."
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Ken Shiro on Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 pm

*I took a step out of the shadows next to the door in the courtyard.*

"Your forms would suggest otherwise."

*I moved towards Mitsuhide and Snow but kept my distance so they could continue to spar.*

"Lest we forget, we are men and women of combat. Thoe we differ on our paths we remain the same, Mitsuhide a Samurai of the land. Snow an assassin of royal decent. Do not forget your roots my friends and remember our pasts, it may make it clear to you why we are here now."

*I began to move towards the door again.*

"I would have words when you are avilable Snow."
Ken Shiro
Member for 5 years

(bump)

Turning to Shiro for a split second and smiling i replied "Thank you my friend, i see you are feeling better."

(sorry i thought i best post something.)
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Snowdrift on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 am

(sorry i had to prepare for my trip to China. I have arrived in China and finally have internet.)

I nod to Shiro then I turn to Mitsuhide. "Thank you for this friendly spar, my friend." I twirl the sword skillfully in my hand then I threw the blade into the ground, embedding the blade int he ground. I turn and walk after Shiro. Once I have caught up with him I look up at him and smile. "Mitsuhide was right. You do look like you are feeling better. So what is it you have to say to me, Shiro?"
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

Postby Ken Shiro on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 pm

"It may be true what Mistuhide said about the last years being hard, for you most of all. However we must not let doubt fill our minds, with war at our door we must make our mission clear. I may not have all my memories back yet but i remember what i fought for all those years ago, and i still fight for you for the same reasons. Honor, dutie, respect and promises made to one we lost and one we still have."

*I removed the bag from my back with Snows old Katanas in and placed the bag infront of her.*

"If you have any reason to doubt yourself, take these and remember why you dident when it mattered most."

*I kissed her cheek as i passed her and headed towards the training ground.*
Ken Shiro
Member for 5 years

Postby Snowdrift on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I took the bag and look at my old, chipped katanas. "Strength, Virtue, and Loyalty." I whispered their names before hugging them close to my chest. "I never doubted myself, I only fear of what I may have to face in the future." I walk to my room and place the three katanas on a rack hanging above a marble sculpture that had my family insignia engraved in gold. I bowed down before the sculpture and whisper a prayer. Little Ken walk into the room and tap me on my shoulder. "Mother...." I sat up straight and I look at Little Ken and smile softly. "Ken...Come here and let me hold you, my son." I sat him on my lap and we both look up at the old katanas.
Snowdrift
Member for 6 years

Nodding at Snow i stood up and stood in place for a moment while Shiro took Snow with him. Making my way to my quarters i sat down and unclipped my armour and placed my blade on the desk in front of me. "Time is near i can feel it. Father give me strength to fight, give me the will to carry on with what we started." he slumped down in the chair and slowly feel asleep

(( sorry about the slowly and stuff been a bit busy ))
Mitsuhide Akechi
Member for 6 years

Postby Ken Shiro on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:29 pm

*As i reached the training grounds i called over two guards and asked them to bring a torches and as many candles as they could find. Before long the guards returned and i instructed them to set up all the candles in a large circle about 9 meters wide at varying heights and light them all. As the guards set to work i stood in the middle of the circle with several meters between myself and the candles, and prepared myself for a long night. After all the candles had been light i closed my eyes and began swaying my body in a smooth motion repeating a small routine. Every few seconds i would quickly throw out one of my fists out towards a candlestill being in the center of the ring before swinging it around back into the routine. The candles went out one by one as i continued onwards. Once all had been extinguished i asked the guards to relight them and repeated the routine.*
Ken Shiro
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.