Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Battle of the Upper Kingdom [IC]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Battle of the Upper Kingdom [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Vega

I lean back in my throne letting the darkness consume every part of my body but my legs. "And the head of Queen Keniko." I said then flick my wrist. "Dismiss!"

Keniko

I sat alone in a tent that was put up for my by the fellow soldiers and I kneel down on the ground, my beck facing the entrance of the tent. I close my eyes and pray quietly for my son. I knew that I was worry about Ken and everyone back in the city of Uni. My worrying soon made me question about leaving to return back to the city and letting Mitsuhide and Shiro handle everything.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Hiro smiled a small amount "I've been dead. Thus explaining my current condition." he bowed as she explained everything and turned to Sion and nodded. "Lead the way." he followed Sion.

"Sion. A strong name you were given, Does it mount to the battlefield aswell?" Hiro asked curiously.

-----------

Mitsuhide

At the camp i sat quietly in the background holding Reapers End in one hand and Reapers Sythe in the other. I had brought my fathers sythe for a reason but couldn't place why. I had a hunch something was coming, something more than he or any of them had faced before, and that something was returning. Nothing was every certain and i knew that but i could be sure about this, at least this time i could.
Darkness Is A Mystery To All But Me. You Will Soon Find Out What Creeps In The Shadows.

Because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever - R.I.P Grandad, you are missed greatly :'(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Sion

*I led Hiro to the outskirts of the city where a small unit of men were waiting for us, a scout came and told me they had found Queen Kenikos emcampment near out borders. I turned to Hiro.*

"Im sure we will find out soon enough. I have heard your name around the lore of the battlefield, a great warrior of the clan that fell to the alliance in the last great war. It is an honor to fight along side you."

*I jumped ontop the back on my horse and looked down at Hiro.*

"But do not mistake kind words for friendship. You do not enter another mans home to spit in his face. I've spent my entire life working and fighting to earn where i am today, you on the other hand fall to our enemy and hand them your masters kingdom. I respect you as a warrior and nothing more, your arrogance already cost you your war. I will not let it lose mine."

*I turned around and signaled the men to move out heading towards Snows forces.*

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Hiro

I smiled a small amount at the kind words then frowned as Sion seemed to almost have a go at me. I shrugged and climbed slowly onto the back of a horse and followed Sion.

"Your will is strong Sion, you will not lose this war. I bet my life on it."

I made a promise i knew i couldnt keep but hoped it wasnt picked up on, knowing my life was already on a second chance.

---------------------

Mitsuhide

"Shiro why do i feel as though we have bitten off more than we can chew this time?" i laid the two weapons down and moved towards Shiro.

(( sorry about my absence ))

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

((Alright, let's get this thing back up, shall we?))

Snow

I walked up behind Mitsuhide with my arms across my chest and sighed. "Because we probably did. We are close to a kingdom that we have no knowledge on and this war...I fear that it would be even harder than our war 9 years ago against The Broken Clan."

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Mitsuhide

I chuckled as i turned to a some what unamused Snow. "Very true but did that ever stop us from trying?" I gazed at her before gazing at the weapons i had laid down. "Snow, I know you have a bad feeling about what is about to come and i fear that you doubt your ability to shine in combat once more but we have been through too much to call it a day now. Times have changed since we last fought a major war but we will prevail."I looked back up at her.

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Snow

I looked down at Mitsuhide. "Your right about everything General and you are especially right about the times. Yes, times have changed and things have changed as well. You must understand General, I have a child, a son and to even want, no, have to go to war against anyone while leaving my child back home is..." I had spoken quite sternly, calling my friend 'General' and speaking to him as a general rather than my good friend. I sighed softly, collected and controlled emotions. "..I worry about him. My mind will not be focus on the war but rather on him thus, I do doubt my abilities in battle because of that." I looked away from Mitsuhide and towards Uni. "I want to go back to him." I said in almost a whisper. "I gave up fighting just so I can take care of my child and my kingdom. Mitsuhide..." I looked at Mitsuhide sadly, tears gather at the corner of my eyes. "..I don't want to raise my swords anymore. I just want to take care of my child."

Vega

I looked over at a scout and motioned him to come to me. "Where is Queen Keniko's army located and how many soldiers do they have?" The scout whispered in my ear and soon the thin line on my lips grew into a sly grin. "This is just too easy. Double our men and send this to our generals. Now, go!" I commanded. The scout bowed his head and took the paper. He quickly ran out of the dark castle and summoned the soldiers. After the soldiers were behind the scout, the scout ran towards General Sion and General Hiro as quickly as possible.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Mitsuhide

"I'm sorry my lady, i know you wish to look after your son but we need to finish this so your son may live in a world without conflict. To raise your sword is to protect." I noticed the tears in her eyes as i walked up beside her "Please my queen if you wish to return you may but we need your expertise if we are to win." I smiled and looked at the floor before walking back to the weapons i had laid on the floor. I picked them up and holstered them appropriately.

I breathed in heavily. Time was coming to a close on the first battle.

Hiro

A messenger approached me before i rode off after Sion. I opened the parchment. "SION! HOLD A SECOND. WE HAVE BACKUP." i laughed. "There are only that many men with Keniko's army. This war is over before it began"

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Shiro

*I tried to wrestle my thoughts into line, everything was moving so fast it was hard to keep it all inside. I didnt know what to do next, there are so many things I need answered. But I don't think I even know the questions yet or if I even want to know the answers. Who was I before all this? Is it wise for Snow to leave? Should we even be at war? Even the simplest of choices left me with more questions. From what I have read, remember and have been told my fighting used to be more 'graceful' how would the men react to see me fight like a monster...How would Snow react? If I could only remember who and what i am the rest would surely come naturally. I stood up and moved behind Snow placing my hands on her shoulders.*

"I'm sorry. Sorry for leaving you alone and making you live out these past years in pain. But your hope and strong will kept you going, kept you a great leader to the people and led you back to me."

*I moved in front of her and wiped the tears from her eyes. I place my hand over her heart.*

"Always listen to what your heart tells you, and you will always make the right choices."

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Mitsuhide

I smiled as Shiro. "I will allow you time friend"

I walked away to mount my horse and to wait patiently. unsheathing Reapers Sythe and holding it beside me i looked ahead into the distance. The sky was turning grey and time was passing quickly. "I think we should set up camp here my Lady, The chances of the enemy being clever enough to mount an attack at night would be slim."

Turning to my men i ordered they make a camp.

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:05 am

Snow

I nod to Mitsuhide and Shiro before looking down at my swords. "I suppose your are right." I forced a small smile. "I raise my sword to protect and I pray that my heart leads me to make the right choice for everyone." I exhale rather deeply then I nod to Mitsuhide. "I do not think the enemy would attack us tonight so yes, we'll camp here tonight. Hopefully all will be well in the morning."

The message wrote:

Dear General Sion and Hiro,

There is a slight change of plans. Keniko is not your target as of now but rather the city, Uni is. Your mission is to raid the city and burn down Uni's castle. Return back to me when you complete this mission and I shall reward you greatly.

Signed your queen

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 am

Shiro

*I sat by the camp fire in silence thinking to myself untill i came to the conclusion that I would have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity to get my answers. As for the battles that lay ahead, I would have to fight along side the men even as I am now. There is nothing graceful about war, I will have to hope the men understand.*

*I waited and read the message from Vega and frowned.*

"This is not how a battle should be fought."

*Still Vega has never steered us wrong and I should continue to trust her judgement. I signalled the men to move on to Uni.*

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Mitsuhide

I slowly feel into a deep sleep, waking several hours later with my weapons by my side. I rose slowly yawning and scratching my head. "Morning everyone, How did we all sleep?" I smiled as i looked around, everyone was still fast asleep. "Hmph fair enough i guess that answers that question." I stood and grabbed my fathers scythe before walking out onto the plains a small distance. No enemy advance. "Somethings off. Something is definatly....UNI!!!!" As i looked round i noticed smoke in the distance. I rushed back and woke everyone. "SHIRO, SNOW WE HAVE TO MOVE NOW.UNI IS UNDER ATTACK" I grabbed Reapers End and mounted my horse as i clipped the majority of my armour into place.

Hiro

Two units joined in our advance towards Uni. "Sion, i know this isnt what you would have done but what better way to start a war without facing an enemy of any strength. Think about everything the main officers within Snows army have been through. surely you know of them? Surely you know what they are capable of. Attacking Uni is one of the best ideas I've ever seen"

Several hours later we had reached Uni and began our attack. I sat back and allowed my main units rampage through the city one by one destroying everyone and everything in sight. It made me smile, for the first time in a long time i smiled, War was so fun.

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Snow

I was sleeping rather uneasily but sleeping nonetheless. It wasn't until I heard Mitsuhide's scream that I woke up, grabbing the swords on my hips as I did. My eyes widen and I ran outside of the tent and looked towards where the city of Uni was and all I saw was smoke. I gasped and whistle for my horse, who trotted over to me quickly. "Mitsuhide! Shiro! I don't care what you two wish to do with yourself or the army but I am going to Uni. I have to make sure my son is alright." I whipped my horse and took off full speed towards Uni, hoping to make it there and I prayed that Ken was safe and well when I make it there. "Please be safe Ken. Please, be safe my son." I whispered over and over under my breath.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:01 am

Shiro

*I quickly stood up from meditation and sprinted over to Mitsuhide seeing the smoke rise from Uni, I turned to Mitsuhide.*

"My friend, you must lead our army against Vega. We can not risk her getting a foothold on anymore of our land, you must strike while her defences are down. We will catch you up my friend, good luck."

*I quickly took to my horse and sped off towards Uni.*

*I lent back against the outer walls of Uni as the men ransacked the city. I shook my head and looked down. One of the men came out and bowed infront of me.*

Soilder;"My lord the city is ours, but we have yet to penatrate the inner sanctum of the castle."

Sion;"Bring me anyone you find of importance."

*The soilder bowed again and left.*

This is not how battles are fought.

*A scout cam rushing into the throne room and dropped to his knees before me.*

Scout;"My king, the city of Uni has been taken by Vegas forces."

*I stood form my throne and paced for a minute before shouting to my commands.*

"MEN! Ready the army. War is apon us!"

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 am

Mitshide

"Very well friend I shall see you soon" I nodded as Shiro rode off after Snow, I then turned to the men, swiftly pulled Reapers End from its Sheath "MEN TO WAR! WE MUST ADVANCE ON VEGA NOW!" All the men shouted back at me as I finalised my armour and began moving out.

War is all we have known, in the time we haven't been fighting we have grown weak but maybe this will prove our worth as a force to be reckoned with I thought to myself. I wish you luck Shiro, Snow. For if I don't make it, I died knowing who my friends were

Hiro

"Sion why the long face? Surely this will bring who we want back. Think about the possibility of Snow leaving Shiro and The wretched Akechi behind and think that you will have the head of the queen herself. But there is still the other possibility that the two of them would have followed her back to Uni looking for whoever did this."

"Maybe we should swing round and get back to Vega before they attack her, you forget you are her elite guard." I chuckled

"You also forget that I know who these people are. You would be wise to listen to what I have to say every now and again."

Soldier: "Sir we have ransacked the area and found nothing of importance, withdrawing now would be wise."

I turned to the soldier who had addressed me "Very we'll pull back for now, we have to make arrangements for another meeting.

I brought attention back to Sion "Even my army feels withdrawing would be wise." I laughed and them coughe, The excitement was too much.

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Snow

Riding full speed to Uni, It did not take me too long to make it to my now burning city. I rode to the castle, quickly jump off my horse and ran inside. My own safety was no longer of my concern. My castle was burning and everywhere I looked were large flames and black clouds of smoke. I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Ken! KEN! Where are you?!" I yelled as I ran around the castle, my eyes searching desperately, my ears listening intensely. Then I heard a faint, weak voice. "..Mommy..." I looked up. It was coming from upstairs. I ran up the stairs quickly. "Ken!" I yelled and heard his voice again. My son's voice led me into the king and queens bedroom. I found him on my bed, hugging onto my old blue scarf. I grabbed my son and hug him tightly to my chest. "Oh Ken! Thank the gods your alive!" I smiled and kiss his forehead. At that moment, I didn't see or hear anything around me. My eyes were locked onto my son's face. "Let's get out of here." I grabbed my old scarf and put the scarf over Ken's head and face to protect him from the smoke. I ran out of the room and too the stairs but I was quickly stopped in my tracks. The stairs were burned and they crumbled and fell to the floor below. I gasped and look around while holding Ken, looking around desperately for an escape.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 am

Sion

*I spot Snow ride into the city and head straight for the castle. I turn my head to Hiro and smirked.*

"It would seem your men missed something."

*I headed after her at a slow pace, and entered the castle. I waited on the stair case untill Snow came running back down with a child in her arms, she stopped in front of the flames looking for a way out. I stepped through the flames in front of her and slowly slid my blades down my arms as I slowly made my way towards her.*

"Good day my lady, it would seem you are lost."

*I quickly raise my right arm and point the blade at her.*

"perhaps I can offer you a way out?"

Shiro

*I entered the city shortly after Snow and saw nothing but destruction and chaos, i grabbed the nearest villager*

"Take all the survivors you can find North to Inu and keep them safe."

*The man quickly ran off around the city, I turned my attention to the castle i saw the flames bursting through the windows. I made my way up onto the rooftops and headed towards the castle, as I approached I saw Snow at knife with another man. I yelled up to her.*

"SNOW TAKE COVER!"

*I threw myself into the air towards the castle wall aiming between Snow and the stranger.*

((The map incase anyone is interested; http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299 ... Track1.png ))

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Snow

I gasped as I saw the stranger step through the flames in front of me. Steeping back, I drew one of my swords with one hand while holding Ken tightly to me with my other arm. I held up my sword defensively. "I don't know who you are but you won't be seeing the last of me."

Hearing Shiro's yell, I quickly jumped back. It was nice to see Shiro. Even after disappearing for years, he still manage to keep his instinct of being at the right place at the time time to save me. I turned and looked around for an escape while Shiro held off the general. I spotted the large stained-glass window down the hall. I went to it and hitting my blade against the window, the glass shattered and fell. I looked out of the window, looking for a way to get to the ground safely. My eyes traced every inch of my surroundings until I found it. The stables was directly below me and next to it were several large post with ropes connected to each of them. I put a foot on the window sill where the glass once were and looked back at Shiro. "Shiro! Let's go!" I yelled.

Vega

A scout ran to be and bowed before me. "My queen. The city of Uni has fallen under our rule. Keniko's army continues to advice towards us. What are your commands?"

I looked at the scout and smiled. "Good. Set a perimeter around our general territory, 30,000 men strong. If the army continues to advice then we are going to war."

The scout nod his head. "Yes your highness." He turned and ran out of the castle while Vega soft chuckle grew into a loud, crazed laugh.
Last edited by Snowdrift on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Mitsuhide

"FORWARD MEN! WE ARE GAINING MORE AND MORE GROUND. DO. NOT. FALTER.!!" I encouraged my men more as we covered more ground than i has expected. But something still felt off, it was as though i was playing straight into the hands of fate.Shaking it off i glared in front of me with sheer intent.

Hiro

"Oh?" I watched as Sion moved into the building. "Well more fool him. MEN RETREAT! We have a samurai to catch" My eyes narrowed as i moved away from Uni and Back to Vega, my army not far behind. "Come now Akechi, We have a fight to finish" I cracked my knuckles as skin fell away from my hand bearing the bones beneath "Dammit! To be expected i suppose. "Men Forward!"

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!