F.E.A.R. - Beta Force

Topic Tags:

For any roleplay based on video games.

F.E.A.R. - Beta Force

Postby Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 am

The F.E.A.R. squad was sent out to investigate disturbances at the Armacham Technology Corporation (ATC), and to capture and take into custody Paxton Fettel, an escaped madman. Fettel is located by means of a satellite tracking device and hunted by F.E.A.R. and Delta Force over several locations. While tracking and pursuing Fettel, F.E.A.R. squad witnesses unexplained, and occasionally life-threatening, paranormal phenomena, including hallucinations that frequently afflict them, all of which are centered around a red-dressed little girl named Alma. Laptops found in the course of the mission, remotely hacked by Commissioner Betters, provide details regarding the background story; the "Point Man" learns how Fettel was raised to become a telepathic military commander, that he is the son of Alma, who is described as being a powerful psychic as part of Project Origin, and the existence of another child of Alma, who was born before Fettel.

All clues lead F.E.A.R. to believe Fettel is under control of Alma, who was locked in the Origin facility when ATC closed down the project owing to the danger the woman posed; Fettel is searching for that same facility to free his mother. The "Point Man" goes to the abandoned structure, fighting back both the clone soldiers and ATC guards, who have received orders to cover up the whole affair. When the protagonist comes to finally face Fettel, he is drawn into a hallucination where the "Point Man" learns he is Alma's first son and thereafter kills Fettel himself. The story does not end here however, as Alma is nonetheless freed when her storage chamber is opened by ATC researcher and leader of Project Origin, Harlan Wade, who felt guilty over the company's treatment of Alma and who actually was her father. The "Point Man" is then called to sabotage the structure's reactor, running a gauntlet against Alma's ghosts before the whole location explodes. In the aftermath of the detonation, a Delta Force Black Hawk helicopter extracts the "Point Man" from the rubble, rescuing him. While the "Point Man" and the survivors of the F.E.A.R team survey the results of the explosion from the helicopter, Alma makes one last sudden appearance over the side of the helicopter, preparing to pull herself up into the cabin: the destruction of the Origin facility has not stopped her quest for revenge.

Delta Force is deployed approximately 30 minutes before the explosion at Armacham's Origin Facility, and their helicopter goes down in the city.

Beta Force, however, is deployed after the explosion and must battle Alma Wade as well...

How will the story go? Will Alma terrorize the world for eternity? Or will Beta and Delta Force be enough to stop her?

Skeleton:

Name:
Weapons:
Armor:
Personality:
Short Bio:

Here's who we got:

Name: Grayson Montague
Weapons: Assault rifle and shotgun, as well as shock and incendiary grenades
Armor: Standard Kevlar body armor and tactical pants.
Personality: Montague is quiet and prefers to keep to himself.
Short Bio: Montague was a member of the Special Forces in the Army before signing up for Beta Force. He never anticipated the events caused by Alma Wade, but handles it well and will fight to the last breath.

Name: Guy "Cap'n" Reeves
Weapons: Assault Rifle, Semi-Auto Rifle, 40 Cal. Pistol, And Grenades.
Armor: Standard Issue Kevlar Armor W/ A Cap Turned Backwards.
Personality: Talkative, Sick Humor, And Highly Intelligent Making Him a Great Plan Maker.
Short Bio: Guy Was One A Marine For About 5-6 Years, Being The Reason He's Such An Asshole And Has Such A Sick Sense Of Humor. After Hearing Of The Events Of Alma Wade, Guy Decides To Contribute To The Beta Force To Fight For All.

Name: Rebecca "Revy" Harlington
Weapons: Assault rifle, sniper rifle, gernades
Armor: kevlar vest and that's all with a gaskmask/helmet
Personality: explosive and belives she can solve everything with a gun
Short Bio: A part of a mercenary group until the FBI stormed the place and she was given the choice to 1. Go to prison. 2.JOin beta Force
Last edited by Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Re: F.E.A.R. - Beta Force

Postby Captain Sleepay on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:35 am

Sounds Nice.
Mind If I Hop In?
As You're Falling Down ]]]
My Heart Beats The Same
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:40 am

No problem.
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 am

Name: Rebecca "Revy" Harlington
Weapons: Assault rifle, sniper rifle, gernades
Armor: kevlar vest and that's all with a gaskmask/helmet
Personality: explosive and belives she can solve everything with a gun
Short Bio: A part of a mercenary group until the FBI stormed the place and she was given the choice to 1. Go to prison. 2.JOin beta Force

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind
Comrade Vacilli
Member for 6 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:52 am

Name: Guy "Cap'n" Reeves
Weapons: Assault Rifle, Semi-Auto Rifle, 40 Cal. Pistol, And Grenades.
Armor: Standard Issue Kevlar Armor W/ A Cap Turned Backwards.
Personality: Talkative, Sick Humor, And Highly Intelligent Making Him a Great Plan Maker.
Short Bio: Guy Was One A Marine For About 5-6 Years, Being The Reason He's Such An Asshole And Has Such A Sick Sense Of Humor. After Hearing Of The Events Of Alma Wade, Guy Decides To Contribute To The Beta Force To Fight For All.
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 am

We will start tomorrow, alright?
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:24 am

Sounds Good To Me

EDIT
Guy Gets Up Off The Ground Dusting His Self Off Slowly As He Cusses Out Loud, Obviously Out Of Anger. "Son Of A Bitch Helicopter", He Brushes The Dust Out Of His Air "Aint Good For Nothin' ".
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Grayson Montague of Beta Force stood up from the wreckage of their helicopter. He had seen Delta Force's chopper go down before theirs had, so he knew that they were also on the ground. Surveying the area, he noticed a little girl in a red dress standing a few feet away from them. What was she doing at the site of a helicopter crash?

"Hey, sweetie. What're you doing out here?" Montague asked, staring at her oddly pale complexion and raven-colored hair. She seemed to be eyeing him warily. In that moment, a street lamp flickered overhead, and she vanished with the light. Grayson rubbed his eyes once, wondering if he was going crazy. Not more than a moment ago, a little girl had been standing near the wrecked chopper, and now she was gone.

"Very weird." He said, gathering up his equipment. Guy seemed to be alright; he was already cussing at their squad's misfortune. The man wasn't bad - he certainly had skill with a rifle - but his consistent whining always got on Grayson's nerves. Looking around, he started to get worried.

Where was Revy? She had been on the chopper with them, but that didn't necessarily mean that she survived, did it? Screaming her name, Montague began to rummage through the scattered pieces of metal plating. He sort of had a thing for the girl, though their profession would never allow him to admit it. Still screeching the woman's name, he searched, frantic to find her.
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Revy's hand popped out and she pulled herself out quite angry. " Who the f*** did that! Whoever tell's me, I'll only kill 3/4 of you! OK!?" She pulled out her sniper and shot randomly in fustration. " Stop yelling like a sissy Greyson, "I've lived gang wars and a FBI raid, I can live something as minor as this." But she dragged her leg as if it was broken behind her.
Comrade Vacilli
Member for 6 years

Postby Enigma121 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 pm

"Right... Sorry..." Grayson said, muttering something else about her being overly cocky and confident. Who was he to worry about her?

Following after her, Grayson hefted his shotgun. The alleys around them were too tightly packed for anything else, so it only made sense that he use the close-range weapon. Frowning as they walked, Montague looked around, noticing that the sky was a strange red color. When had that happened? Hadn't it just been blue an hour ago?

Finding a collapsed wall, Montague motioned for them to follow him in before hopping through. Inside was dark, but it wasn't anything they hadn't been through before. Looking around, he noticed movement in the back corner of the room. An instant later, his com-link crackled to life and the voice of one of Delta Force's squad members came through.

"I just received word from H.Q. that the clones are awol. Keep on your toes."

Grayson breathed a heavy sigh, wondering what else could go wrong on this mission.
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Cussing At Rocks As He Made His Way Over To Grayson 'You Gray, You Saw That Damn Ghost Bitch" Guy Said Snickering.

"This Place Freaks Me Out Lots Man" Guy Added On. "HQ Givin' Any Help?"

Hopping Over The Wall, Guy Turns On His Flashlight, "I Got A Bad Feeling Guys!"
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby Enigma121 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Grayson nodded his head, looking around through the dust. There appeared to be movement in the back of the room, but he couldn't be sure. Perhaps it was just a rat, rummaging through the boxes that lay strewn across the ground? That seemed unlikely, but Montague could accept that as a possibility. Taking a step forward, he turned on the flashlight that was mounted to his gun, and found that the noises were not being made by a rat, but by two fully-equipped clone soldiers.

Montague ducked behind one of the shelves nearby. It was obvious they hadn't seen - or heard - his team come in, which was one of their many advantages. Unfortunately, Grayson wasn't the type to shoot first and ask questions later. Instead, he called out a warning to the soldiers.

"Hey! We are members of Beta Force, a F.E.A.R. squad, and our helicopter was downed after the explosion. Would you help us?"

The reply was less than cordial or helpful; Grayson's question was met with a hail of bullets let loose from one of the soldier's assault rifle.
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm

"Oh Hell No" Guy Said Running Towards The Commotion "Not Another Homie!"

Guy Slid Across The Rough And Dusty Floor To Gray's Location, "You Good Man"
Guy Gave Long Deep Breaths As He Loaded And Cocked His Rifle. "GUNS IT IS" Guy Yelled.
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby TheWalrus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 pm

My character has already been approved by Enigma121, and by Character Profile is thus:

Name: Teletha "Tessa" Attucus
Weapons: Sumak RPL Submachinegun, Rakow AT-14 Pistol, Medical Injectors
Armor: Standard Kevlar body armor over BDU.
Personality: Friendly and generally happy, but will buckle down during combat, becoming very serious and unflinching. Speaks with a Irish accent.
Short Bio: Recruited into F.E.A.R. from United States Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), due to lack of trained field medics.

Now that we've got that out of the way, on with the show!

*Crawling out of the twisted wreckage of the helicopter , Tessa stands up slowly, draws her SMG, and surveys the area: She sees the rest of the team move through the ruined wall and runs over to join them. She reaches the wall just as the clone soldier lets loose with his rifle, quickly ducking down to avoid the fire, she quickly moves to join the rest of squad behind the shelf...*

*yelling over the gun fire* "Noice to see ya'll made it out okay! I'd reckon that we should give them our response eh'?"
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
TheWalrus
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 pm

*Great To Have Ya Walrus =]

Guy Looks Over To See Tessa Made It Out Okay, "Boy Am I A Happy Son Of A Bitch To See You Up And Livin'" Gun Shots Fire Over Guy's Head "But Now Is Not The Time Obviously" Guy Says Snickering

"Let's Give It To These Twised Sickos Shall We" Guy Raises His Rifle Over The Top Of The Temporary Blockade And Begins To Blind Fire.

"Give Em' The Bloodiest Damn Response Known To Man Tess, Respond Hard!" Guy Says Loudly
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby TheWalrus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm

*A smile spreads across Tessa's face* "Alroight! 'Ere comes a wiff of the ol' brimstone!"

*Tessa leans out while crouched, and fires off a few quick bursts at the head of the closest clone before coming back behind cover...*
TheWalrus
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm

"YEAAAH! There We Go, Give Em' That Irish Rage" Guy Yells Loudly.

As He Brings His Rifle Back Over The Blockade, Guy Smiles At Tessa's Success In Taking Down One Of The Clones "Damn Good Shooting" He Says To His Self.

"Time To Do It Marine Style Baby!" Guy Yells As He Hops Over The Blockade Quickly Charging And Diving At The Last Standing Clone"
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby Enigma121 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Before Guy could massacre the remaining clone, a single bullet took the soldier in the head. Blood splattered, brain matter exploded outward, and the soldier's body fell to the ground. Blood poured from the headless stump, and the muscles spasmed for a few moments before settling into the unmoving state that they would remain in for the rest of time.

Grayson lowered his rifle and looked around to make sure none of his squad members had been hurt. Revy seemed fine, considering she hadn't taken part in the conflict, Guy was screaming about the loss of "his kill", and Tessa seemed to be fine aside from a few minor lacerations on her legs and arms. He assumed those were from the helicopter crash, dismissing them from his thoughts. Smiling, he looked to his team and said, "Let's move on, shall we?"
Enigma121
Member for 5 years

Postby Captain Sleepay on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

"Goddamit Gray, Come On Bro! I Coulda Gave Em The Old Marine Ones And Twos" Guy Said Chuckeling

"Damn Good Shot Though" Guy Said In An Assuring Voice As He Dusted Hisself Off From His "Marine Style" Dive. "Who Does A Man Have To Slaughter To Get A Damn Smoke" Guy Said " Oh" Guy Smacks His Self On The Forehead I Forgot The Most Important Question

"You Guys Fine?" He Said As He Licked Dust Off Of His Cheek.
Captain Sleepay
Member for 5 years

Postby TheWalrus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:25 pm

*Tessa stands up from behind the barricade and dusts herself off.*

(@ Grayson) "Sir, yes, Sir!"

(@ Guy) *sigh* "Yea, I'd guess so, I'll live ta be sure." *Pulls out two black cigarettes from a pocket on her BDU, lights one and takes a drag* "Care for a fag there Cap'n?"

*Tessa looks over and sees Rebecca's limp* "Oy, you okay there 'becky? Let ma' take a look at that."
TheWalrus
Member for 5 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.