Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Calisma {Open: Shaman, Paladin}

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Calisma {Open: Shaman, Paladin}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

What?
Calisma is a guided, literate roleplay of the high fantasy genre. It will be an active roleplay with a limited number of characters that will be selected on an "as fits" basis to attempt to ensure both long term and strong character dynamics. It has just opened to character submission. Have a unique, awesome idea you think will add to the plot line or questing party? Please, feel free to share!

Synopsis?
In a realm born from chaos one man has united the masses and regulated magic. Now, thirty-two years later, the First King has fallen gravely ill. With no cure at hand, and the world on the brink of chaos once more, a band of adventures have decided to seek out an item of legend thought to be able to heal anyone. Does it exist? Are they working for the greater good, or does each have their own agenda? Will they succeed?

Rules?
As well as the common rules for roleplaying there are a few additional ones that you will be expected to uphold:

- Minimum 300 words per post.
- Post at least once per week.
- Please, no anime pictures.
- Adult characters.
- Use bold to denote speaking and italics to denote thinking.
- Write in third person past tense.
- Magic is reserved for Mages, etc.
- Clerics channel divine will.
- Please avoid characters who have lost everything, are royalty, etc. Flaws add interest.
- Calisma is primarily Human. If you are something else, you will be ostracized. Humans are strongly preferred.

Please feel free to make suggestions for new characters classes, plot lines or twists, or world building either in the OOC thread or via PM. If for some reason you feel you should be an exception to one of the above rules please contact Modesty in private.

Active Classes
First Prince - Modesty
The only living son and heir to the throne.
Royal Captain - Carlos_Joaquin
The Prince's second in command, a loyal follower of the royal family.
Warrior - Celedia & The Adversary
A rough and tumble fighter, well-versed in the art of war.
Ranger – Something? & conor
Familiar with rough terrain and wilderness. A survivalist.
Cleric – Romaneck
A healer gifted with divine light from their chosen Gods.
Mage – percy book nerd2 & tainted twinkee
A certified magic user with a seal from the Guild.
Rogue – Flieslikeabrick & KuroRyu
Versatile and stealthy, a person of opportunity.
Bard – Slcam
A traveller with a love of arts and knowledge, with a gift for song and gab.
Monk - Deallo
A morally strict person committed to their beliefs.
Druid - Northern Soul
A communicator with nature; beast and tree alike.

Open Classes
Shaman - Open
Someone who is guided by spirits and can evoke their will.
Paladin – Open
A holy knight crusading for their God and King.
*duplicates may be accepted depending on the character

_________
Begin Questing
_________
Last edited by Modesty on Sun May 06, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Calisma {limited spaces. high fantasy, guided roleplay}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Ladies and Gents, we are still accepting! Feel free to ask questions or run character ideas by me either here or in PM.

:)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

New classes added!

Needed: Warrior, Druid & Shaman.
And maybe another Paladin.

We're just about ready to start.
:)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm

*face palms* I read this entire thread twice and was about to ask if this was a Tab RP or Thread RP.... Then I saw the link. I think I need to get more than 4 hours of sleep per night. Holy mother.

I am going to possibly submit a character. Calisma looks like it has insane potential to be a captivating RP.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(īž‰â—•ãƒŽâ—•)īž‰*:īŊĨīžŸâœ§

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Haha. I'm a college student, I know the side effects of sleepless nights all too well.

Alright, sounds good. And thank you!

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:43 pm

This roleplay sounds very, very interesting and I would very much like to become a part of it. I am thinking of submitting two characters: a female druid and a male warrior.

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Thank you!

You're welcome to apply. From now on (for others) submissions are closed. Thank you everyone for your positive response! If characters die or players become inactive, I will open submissions again. If you have a to-die-for idea, however, I probably won't be able to resist.

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Re: Calisma {3 Open Spaces}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Three positions have opened due to inactivity:

Paladin, Druid & Shaman.

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm not sure how they choose the roleplays for the front page, but we're top on the list. Go team!

Feel free to join OOC or message me with your character ideas. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm

The quest is about to begin. Adventurers are at the gates, getting ready to leave. Who will join them?

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Re: Calisma {Open: Shaman, Paladin}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon May 28, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm pleased to announce that Calisma is well over 100 posts and remaining active! We've got a great arsenal of writers and characters alike.

Inactive members are warned and then removed. Spots are still opened for Shaman and Paladin. I'm open for additional classes or duplicates if you're struck by a brilliant idea. Feel free to PM me to discuss an ideas you might have.

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon May 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Updated Character List
(because I can't seem to edit my original post anymore)

Active Classes
First Prince - Modesty
The only living son and heir to the throne.
Warrior - Celedia
A rough and tumble fighter, well-versed in the art of war.
Ranger – Something? & conor
Familiar with rough terrain and wilderness. A survivalist.
Cleric – Romaneck
A healer gifted with divine light from their chosen Gods.
Mage – percy book nerd2 & tainted twinkee
A certified magic user with a seal from the Guild.
Rogue – Flieslikeabrick & KuroRyu
Versatile and stealthy, a person of opportunity.
Bard – Slcam
A traveller with a love of arts and knowledge, with a gift for song and gab.
Monk - Deallo
A morally strict person committed to their beliefs.
Druid - Northern Soul
A communicator with nature; beast and tree alike.

Open Classes
Shaman - Open
Someone who is guided by spirits and can evoke their will.
Paladin – Open
A holy knight crusading for their God and King.
*duplicates may be accepted depending on the character

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 am

Hello Modesty; I'll give the Paladin a shot! :D It's currently 2:42 am at my place... so I'm gonna resign to my bed and take a crack at the character later, is that alright? Cool.
And for future reference: is this Image too "Anime"?

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagination Spark on Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 am

I will be making a shaman while I am slacking off at work.

Imagination Spark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 am

Thank-you very much for the interest, I am flattered. I'm glad interest is shown to both open classes.

They will remain open until the characters are accepted, it tends to be a working application, so please do not be put off if it takes a bit of work. I look forward to reading them. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Closed for now, thank you.

(Imagination, don't let that deter you.)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!