The setting of the story will be set in an alternate universe. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi or any other cannon characters will not be used in his story! However, you can create characters that are from a cannon bloodline like Aburame, Uchiha, Hyuuga & such. NO CANNON CHARACTERS*
Here's the basis of the thread :
There's a tournament held by the Hokage in an attempt to bring together each of the villages. The tournament is of course held in Konoha, in which the best & worst ninja from each village will be sent with the guidance of no one. The ninja will be expected to endure the journey & any obstacles that come with it on their own. Each Kage will be present at the tournament for the treaty signing at the end of the tournament. Kage's are also welcome to show their skill in battle by competing in the tournament against another Kage only & only another Kage! The winner of the tournament brings their nation great pride, is revered as a hero & will receive a large sum of kyo for themselves.
The journey to the tournament & the tournament itself is just to start the play up, we will be branching off from this. [As a little spoiler, we're simply using the tournament to create tensions between nations & as a beginning point or our plot.]
Our OOC will serve as our meeting room where we discuss actions in battle between two opponents & what to expect in the story to keep everyone up to par on events.
The Akatsuki will be the main antagonist in this play. Not the only, but the main*
I do have a few rules of my own that I should make you guys aware of :
-Head GM's: Me [as of now]
1. No GodModding, PowerPlaying, MetaGaming, or AutoHitting in this play.
2. GM's word is law. Each GM [in the future] has the power to overrule player decisions and will resolve all conflicts.
3. No flaming or spamming.
4. All the other basic stuff you guys should know by now . . .
5. I don't mind cursing. I do mind if you're insulting people. "That was fucking cool!" is perfectly fine with me. "Fuck you asshole" is obviously not!
6. IC cursing and romance should be kept to a minimum. With cursing in the IC, just don't go overboard. I understand it's part of some character's personality to be vulgar and rude, that's fine with me. But don't go dropping the F bomb every line of your text. Romance should be kept down. We don't want people cybering, now do we? I've never really had a problem with this but I feel it should be stated.
You don't need to include cannon jutsus in your character's bio. Basic academy jutsus like shadow clones and such we assume are already known by our characters. If your character has an elemental affinity for fire, you don't need to include basic jutsu like Fireball Jutsu in your bio. We assume the basic cannon jutsus for that element are already known by your character. All non-cannon jutsus used by your character MUST be included in your bio or me & others will assume you're you're pulling 'em out of your ass just for the specific situation you're in.
You're raining down lightning & at the same time , you're running around casting other jutsus using barely any chakra? That's a big NO! I want techniques to have drawbacks to them. If you can't think of how to make your jutsus not OP, ask me or use some of the obvious drawbacks to powerful cannon jutsus. I.E. Preparation time/time limit, forced to remain stationary while channeling/using jutsu, large amounts of chakra used, physical stress/pain, or a sacrifice of some kind. There are obviously other things you can think of to make your jutsus costly yet effective!