Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GT Challenge: Fantasy

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

GT Challenge: Fantasy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:59 pm

This is an open challenge for the GT League.

Rules are simple,
T1 Eden's Era
One element
Have Fun
No God-Mod
Just let me touch your mind... I'll make it quiver in it's own filth. Just let me touch your soul... I'll make it suffer worse the Hell. Just let me touch your heart... I'll break it with a grin. I am Zaltos, the slayer of gods, and the essence of your worst fears. Run while i'll still let you stand.
- Zaltos Kiraxo vs. Amen Ra

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: GT Challenge: Fantasy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:51 am

I'll submit Cotillion of my characters for this. And before the inevitable screaming of "Oh my god, it's a god!" let me clarify.

Cotillion as a god, is not an omni-anything god. He is powerful. He is smart. He will utterly can casually gank baseline humans in the thousands. But he is not invincible. He is immortal merely to time. If he has knowledge of something, it's because he's either watched it personally or scryed for it. For reference, his element is that of Shadow.

Final approval is yours.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 pm

I have a character that is on the same basis, so i'm not worried about it. I'm used to using Celestial based being. So I'll accept. I will be using Zaltos Kiraxo if accepted. Zaltos is a being designed for ascension and battle in the Celestial plane, so it should turn out to be pretty good.

http://fuego-genko.synthasite.com/zaltos-kiraxo.php

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Do you have a specific area you want to fight in?
If so, take first post and introduce the environment. If not, i'll take first post.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:38 pm

I have no particularly preference other than not just being a wide open expanse. My personal preferences are just about everything but plains and random empty stadiums. Actual terrain is preferable. Ceded first post to you.

Also, according the the OP, the fight is limited to 1 Element. Please specify which you'll be using.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 pm

OOC: Fire is the element I choose. Don't worry, I don't like wide open spaces, it makes the fight too easy and stadiums are generally the worst place for magic fights. It may be a fight, but I still find it better to make it more that "I am here. You are here. We magically showed up face to face." Going to do a Summoning style introduction. Our characters will be summoned by NPC's. You just have to introduce your character through whatever style summon you want, hole in the air, vortex, pillar of flames, doesn't matter.))

Sands stretched for miles upon miles, rising like mountains to the northwest and flowing into the sky like a sea to the southeast. The sand glistened like gold and diamonds, reflecting the massive blue suns beams through it's amber and white grains. The area's atmosphere was very harsh, unsuitable for most mortal beings. The temperature reached nearly 320 degrees at the peak of day and 105 during the night.

No clouds passed over this region and it would only see three hours of night. It was barren, having no potential for natural life. Only those who are gifted by power or protected by special armors could sustain any time here in this stretch of land.

Then what would seem empty and desolate, would begin shake and explosions of sand erupted all over. Two giant red pyramids would be seen first, standing a total height of 3,900 feet and having a base of 4,400ft x 4,400ft. One would rise in the southeast and the other in the northwest, placing one mile between the two.

In the space between the pyramids, smaller buildings that ranged from stable to caved in, resembling houses and businesses would take place. Some of these beings rose five stories into the air, while others barely reached six feet in height. There was no life in this city, just what would seem to be the remnant buildings. These buildings were built out of a yellow clay of some kind, seeming to be able to keep the insides at 180 degrees Fahrenheit and rather dime, having only three inch holes in the walls for light to come through at the top. There was nothing advanced about these structures, just solid clay buildings.

The day was in it's 36th hour of it's 92 hour day, still hanging onto a morning temperature of around 125 degrees. There was still another two hours at this temperature before the heat of the sun would begin it's dominating effect on this desert. Two beams of light would strike this desert, both landing separately on the pyramids.

Seconds after the light hit the pyramids, a two figures could be seen standing on top of the pyramids. Their forms and mass energies were concealed in golden cloaks which protected them from all magic and tech, with only one way to kill; bare handed removal of their heart and head.

"I will summon Zaltos Kiraxo for the challenge today...The slayer of gods...Master of all fire...Legend of the Heavens.." Rang out in an echoing voice from the northwest, shaking the buildings a little.

Following these words, a pillar of fire would slam into the grounds directly in front of the northwest pyramid. The sands would instantly be formed into glass and blown into the air. A massive sword was within these flames, lowering itself from the summoning vortex at the top of the pillar in the sky. Itā€™s length was almost eight feet, and itā€™s width from blade to blade is about eighteen inches. From the very tip of the blade, down the middle, to the handle, is ancient Angel symbols in a gold colored.

When this blade reached the ground, it's tip touching the first grain of sand and stopping, the symbols would begin to glow. The pillar of flames that stretched hundreds, if not a few thousand feet into the air, would erupt into a massive phoenix. The form of the Phoenix would cast a massive light of it's own, it's size seeming to be enough to engulf the whole city. Upon this eruption of the Phoenix, the top of the sands within the city would form shards of glass, nothing excessive, but enough to form into small 1/5 inch shards.

After a mighty scream from the Phoenix, it would begin to vanish. The Phoenix was drawn into the sword, as if it was merging with it. The symbols on the sword would glow immensely before bursting into a ball of flames.

The ball of fire would implode, being followed by an explosion in the exact same spot, rereleasing the energy from the sword and the Phoenix that it once consumed. These fires had created a layered, flowering structure of glass to surround the being within it as if it was their throne.

A being stood there in a set of armor, it's base color being a purple and outlined in green. The armor would give him the appearance of an Angel clad in war armor. The armor had a heavy appearance despite being made to fit the form of Zaltos, a 6'2" being inside. This armor was made precisely for him, crafted by the hands of God to slay all those who are growing near to challenge his power. This armor would not hinder his movements all while keeping his body protected from even the mightiest of dragons jaws.

This armor was capable of disabling any mental abilities from an enemy. A lime green Star of David would begin to glow on the beings armor in different places. This armor would draw upon the sun and heat, turning it into fuel for Zaltos.

Zaltos would open his eye's, revealing an ice blue iris. They would shift from side to side, as if he was surprised to see something. A large flame erupted from the right hand of Zaltos, extending eight feet in length. The flames would turn into the previous sword from the pillar.

"Phoenix...Our lives will never see peace, no matter what we do for Him..." Zaltos spoke to the sword as he lifted it to his face, looking at his reflection in the blade.

Zaltos was a very powerful being, hosting the ability to create and control many form of fire. His natural abilities, such as strength, sight, and hearing were enhanced. Zaltos was a being created to kill gods by God. Very few have ever withstood his flames, and it would seem as though he was going to have to cast them upon someone else on this very day.

And then a voice rang out over city, booming the first one did. It would seem as if the being in the southeast was preparing to summon someone itself. Questions hit Zaltos's mind; Why was he here? Who was this being summoning? How was he even found in his chambers below the throne of Heaven and restricted by the chains of Brimstone? All he did know was that everything had it's reason, he just had to comprehend this reason.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:00 pm

The voice that boomed over the southeastern pillar was invoking, imploring. A summons cast into the void, yet it seemed from the lack of response that it was failing. Growing more urgent, the thundering voice demanded, threatened, howling its cries across the field with nearly tangible power. Still no response.

Falling silent, as though pondering, a voice sounded on the peak, behind the summoner.

"Intent was enough, that and merely ask." The speaker stood a scant pace from the summoner, a figure of above average height, built lean, thin. Ancient leather armor was his dress, the scars of past damage, the worn patches of long use plain to see. Bared arms bore scars in the hundreds, lines of white on pale skin, gloved hands unveiling fingers. One hand rested on the hilt of an unusual weapon, what appeared to be a knife about 2' in length, sheathed in an unadorned scabbard. Around this enitity's chest was wrapped a length of rope, for all appearances but a mundane length of material. His face was...difficult to determine, wreathed in deeper shadows than should have been possible in this morning sun. A day's worth of stubble, the hint of shoulder length, lank, midnight hued hair. Sharp features, but what stood out most was this figure's eyes.

While darkness shrouded his face, his eyes seemed to nearly burn with inner lights, a penetrating gaze that left the one viewed by this man, this...god, feeling as though he could read the thoughts within their heads, read the emotions within their hearts. It was the gaze of one who could calculate and read another with unsettling accuracy. This god had a name, a place in the pantheon. While his place was that of the Lord of Shadows, his place had a secondary title...

The Patron of Assassins.

As the summoner moved to speak, Cotillion held up a hand to still the words. "I know. You called on my name, invoking it for the summons. You put power in your words. And it didn't do a damn, since you kept calling the wrong name. But don't fret. I feel him. I feel the godslayer."

To determine the speed of Cotillion's shift, the simple absence of presence he left at the top of the pyramid to when his boots strode out along the sands at it's base, striding into the ruins of the city between the two mammoth edifices, was to witness and not fathom. Slipping within shadow at a pace that defied logic and comprehension, the god stepped within the inner of the field, hand about the hilt of his blade.

"I feel the godslayer, and now I go to end him."

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Zaltos was almost humored at the summoner's troubles. What didn't humor him much was the power that was growing closer in the distance. Zaltos knew instantly why he was here when the energy was fully present in the desert lands. The Summoners had found this being to have potential for the next throne in Heaven if not dealt with before.

"Damn it! I was hoping for my freedom." Zaltos spoke as he chuckled at the thought.

It had been awhile since he had been brought out. It was time to engage this problem and defend the Throne of Heaven all while defending his chance to take to throne of the Lake of Fire. He knew that every being he fought and lived, he was one step closer to his goal.

Zaltos's armor was heating up rapidly, fueling his power with every sun ray that hit him. The heat grew around Zaltos at a steady pace, nothing to really feel at the moment. The more that would hit him, the faster it would heat, and after awhile, it would become very noticeable.

Zaltos began to step forward, moving into the outskirts of the city. His steps would force the sand into a glowing red, super heating it. His figure produce no shadow. His presence was no more than light in the distance, preventing him from being spotted at long distances by most mortal eyes in the hot desert city.

Zaltos would stop a few yards in and stab his sword, the Phoenix Blade into the sands. The sands turned to glass for many yards, keeping the sand super heated and pure liquid. Zaltos took a few more steps forward before stopping again.

Zaltos would take his formation, sliding his right foot backwards. This would place his left knee at a 90 degree angle and lower his body. He would point his left foot forward while turning his right foot outwards. His upper torso would be directed towards the road pointing directly into the center of the city.

Zaltos would bring his right elbow back, following it with the extension of forearm and hand. His left hand would extend forward, parallel with the ground. He would take his fingers on his right hand and extend them forward with his palm facing the Phoenix Blade. His left hand would form a fist, extending his index finger to point down the road.

Upon the tip of the index finger of Zaltos's left hand a ball of fire the size of a golf ball appeared. The fire swirled in an ball like manner, as if a a crimson dragon around a red sun. In the palm of the right hand a ball of fire appeared, mimicking the one on the right finger tip, but this one was the size of a baseball. The fires raged at a 2,275 degrees Celsius in his current control.

His body was in position now, placed in the open stretch of an intersection. The Phoenix Blade covered his back, preventing a surprise attack from behind or above. Zaltos had all three other roads covered, carrying a perfect sight on all three as if looking directly down them. He was now ready to release an unforgiving assault on any being who would show their face. Whoever was nearing him would see what it means to be a true master of flames, and that means more than making fire.

"Bring me your head...make this easy for me." Zaltos spoke as a smirk crossed his face beneath his helm.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Cotillion's travel through the city ceased to be one easily tracked, for mere footsteps within its confines, his presence vanished. Tracks ending, scent twirling away on the wind, leaving nothing. His power, his aura, vanished without trace. He had made the shift from this physical realm to its echo, his own dominion, the plane of Shadow. Meanas, in his original tongue, a realm of illusion and deceit, a place that could be used as the wielder willed...if their will exceeded that of Meanas own. His godhood had many followers, all who blessed the shadows and those fragmented worships of aspects. As well, every life taken of his patronage, was worship without words. His temple was unbuilt, his scriptures unwritten. But his congregation existed, and it was vast.

His travel, likewise, accelerated, flickering through the city within heartbeats, casually studying his summoned foe through his absence. All things cast shadows, and those shadows existed as features within Meanas bounds. That this other held no shadows made him all the more easily found, the absence of a portion of the realm like a sickened wound to behold. Yet Cotillion studied this absence, indeed, came within arms reach of it, beyond the realm it stood in, less than a ghost. He needed not fear attack, for he was not merely intangible, he was not merely invisible. He did not exist, in the sense that Zaltos might perceive to act against him. Of course such a method made this godslayer immune to his own actions, for he held no shadow with which to manipulate. Zaltos was as much untouchable to the god, at the moment, as the god was to he.

Cotillion had done this to gain a measure, and with the speed of his travel, to observe the preparations he made, as he made them. And now he set about countering it.

A gesture of one hand fragmented shadows from shadow, a twist inverted them, brought them within the spectral city and then into the real city in which Zaltos stood. His will alone shaped them, illusory mimicries of his person, a breath of his own power pressed into the shades to give them his divine scents and presence. These he dispatched to cross the city, to approach Zaltos as decoys, using the terrain to close the distance as far as possible without unveiling themselves to his counters. Three in total, and he judged they would suffice.

Himself, he drew his long-knife with a fluid motion, the grace of his actions a testament to the lifetimes, mortal and immortal, that he had preformed the action. His other hand drew the rope from his torso, its coils flicking into ghostly sands, twisting without wind, sensing his intent to use the potent weapon it was. Beginning to manipulate the rope in curving cycles around himself and the absence within Meanas, he allowed his decoys to approach Zaltos, their swift passage taking mere minutes to cross the buildings and paths, taunting his foe with glimpses along the avenues leading to him, too swift for definitive actions to kill them at range. Mere blinks would miss their flits across the roads. All the while, Cotillion's rope began to whisper, flickering through the air faster, faster, faster still. To a human's eyes, the rope was scything through the air faster than they could perceive, an invisible length who's only clue was the end held in the god's hand, sawing back and forth as his body fluidly undulated and writhed, pressing the weapon faster still.

And that was when Cotillion struck. Decoys three bolted from alleys at most ten yards from Zaltos, lunging inwards with horrendous speed, capable of reaching him from their positions within only two seconds. In their hands were long-knives of woven shadows, these illusions could, and would, inflict very, very real damage should they make contact. Stabbing and cutting for face, neck, heart, lungs, and inner thighs, one each approached from a different avenue covered by Zaltos.

And it was a feint.

Everything cast shadows. Including the sands around Zaltos feet, minor things, but combined the sands of a desert cast a desert-wide shadow. Cotillion's rope tore through Meanas's veils like a knife through cloth, a scything whirlwind born of a god's hand that would strike at Zaltos from literally every possible direction, coils boiling from the echo of Meanas while Cotillion remained within, safe from reprisal unless his foe could enter into his domain. The coils of Cotillion's rope could cut with the power of an axe in the hands of a giant, and they lashed for every portion of Zaltos' being, from above, below, right, left, forward, backwards. They tore through the air and sands, a black tide of attacks so fast that it could strike four times simultaneously, on completely separate portions of his foe, and do so three times within a second.

Cotillion observed the results of his onslaught without passion, his only thought a chiding of the follies of yielding initiative to a god.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:14 pm

The Meanas was nothing new, just one variety of the realm of Illusions and Shadows. To Zaltos, the Meanas was just a realm created to follow the commands of his fire and light into the Lake of Fire. The essence of the Meanas began to fill the area with itā€™s presence. This presence seemed to be intertwined with another, the energy most likely intertwined with that of Cortillions.

The three Decoys would find themselves in for a hurting when they made their initial attack. Anything powered by the shadows would curl back in fear as the beings reach about twelve foot from Zaltos. Shadows, regardless of where the shadow or it's power stemmed from, could not penetrate Zaltosā€™s divine presence. This effect would render the Decoys and their weapons useless on Zaltos. Even if somehow their figure could make it to Zaltos, it would take an outstanding amount of power to break through his armor.

ā€œSo the Meanas has bore yet another being to try and infiltrate Heaven and deny it's rightful place beneath thee decay of the Lake of Fireā€¦ This Meanas pawn might stand a chance, but that will not happen so long as i'm here and he is there...ā€ Zaltos thought to himself as the Decoys were repelled.

The fire that was present flared one time and went from a natural look to a Black Flame. This Black Flame was a flicker off the tips of fire from the Lake of Fire. This fire was very present in the Mortal Realm as well as any that intertwined within it; at this point, it was the Meanas. This fire produced no heat, but come in contact with it and the Black Fire will eat through soul and flesh. This was just one of the many flames Zaltos used, master of all fire from the Lake of Hell to the steps surrounding the flames upon Heaven's Throne.

Although Zaltos himself was not capable of walking in the Meanas in his current form, he could attack in it. The rope was creating an effect on the fire, stirring itā€™s presence in the shadows. The force was eerie to feel within the flames, as would probably surprise Cortillion. In the ropeā€™s first burst of assaults, the spherical flames would lash out on the lasso, hitting it with a force that blow the tip of the rope off all while offering a sear on the rope from contact with the flames. Following the flames denial of the first burst, Zaltosā€™s hands were ready to take grasp the second strike.

The movement of Zaltos was as if a flicker in a flame. When Zaltosā€™s armored hands took hold of the rope, an initial jerk was felt as the rope tried to retract for itā€™s second strike in it's second burst. This time, the rope wouldn't move five feet. The presence of Zaltos was withering away any hold the powers of shadows and illusions could cast on the rope. As an added side effect, the Black Fire would begin to burn through the rope as Zaltos began to pull on it.

Zaltos was literally killing the rope, making it nothing but a burnt rope that had no shadow from being in Zaltos's presence.
If Cortillion couldnā€™t pull his rope back into the Meanas from the Mortal Realm, a path would be created for Zaltos to enter into the Meanas, even if it meant entering into his Shinigami form. In return, Cortillion could also be pulled from the Meanas if Zaltos won the battle.

ā€œCortillion, I am designed to slay godsā€¦ If you think your shadows can touch me, youā€™re wrong. If you want to have a chance, come out and join me here. If not, iā€™ll walk through your false realm and kill you there.ā€ Zaltos spoke out loud, knowing Cortillion could hear him.

Where Zaltos stood in the Mortal Realm, a mass of Black Fire stood in his place in the Meanas. This form could allow Zaltos to communicate or launch an attack within the Meanas if he was close enough to Cortillion, but it would be an auto-response from the Black Fire in the Meanas, Zaltos having no control of the mass. For now, there was a Tug-o-War between Zaltos in the Mortal Realm against Cortillion in the Meanas. Still behind Zaltos was his sword, liquefying the sands, making a larger pool in the ground that continuously grew.

Both combatants still stood on equal ground. One wrong move and the other was there to catch it. Zaltos was focused on the rope and itā€™s connection to the Meanas while his sword kept watch and would defend him if possible. If Cortillion wasn't careful, he would find himself susceptible to be attacked by the Black Fire in the Meanas. It seemed to Zaltos as though this was a blind fight between the two, both beings holding the upperhand in the realm they were fighting from. A middle ground had to be found for this fight to become epic.

All this was going while Zaltos and his armor continued to absorb the sunlight. With no initial attack from himself, he had exerted nothing except what it took to take hold of the rope and pull on it, his natural presence doing it's work with no draw on his actual magic or powers. His armor was beginning to radiate, superheating the surrounding ten feet with what felt like a raging inferno ready to snap and take hold of the area. So long as Zaltos was not having to exert any magic or super capabilities for an attack, he would continue to draw in the power of the Sun.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Out-of-Character: Judgement Request
For the immediately prior post of my opponent, I request formal judgement on the grounds of automatic connection, in violation with the Connections actions of T1 Eden Era rules, as well as perceived "god-modding" in the forms of defenses used within his post.

I do not feel as though his defenses are adequately described to successfully ward the attack sequence I performed on my prior turn, nor am I satisfied by his declared immunity to an entire portion of my attack sequence. He has failed to give adequate reason for his ability to perceive my character and the methods my character wields his powers, and his time scaling falls utterly short on his methodology to handling the attack sequence in the proper order of events. Additionally, I have indentified points within his post that directly affect my character's actions or equipment, without properly formatted means of open-style combat (written in closed-style form with automatic connection and descriptions of damage).

Finally, his interpretations of how the representations of my post are as they stand I find brutally false.

The original form of the post has been quoted below this request, in the event of alterations by the author, and I can provide transcripts of the initial warning message I provided as to my personal analysis of his post and why I felt he had erred and his and mine responses henceforth.

This is a formal request for judgement and adjudication,
Lobos

The Meanas was nothing new, just one variety of the realm of Illusions and Shadows. To Zaltos, the Meanas was just a realm created to follow the commands of his fire and light into the Lake of Fire. The essence of the Meanas began to fill the area with itā€™s presence. This presence seemed to be intertwined with another, the energy most likely intertwined with that of Cortillions.

The three Decoys would find themselves in for a hurting when they made their initial attack. Anything powered by the shadows would curl back in fear as the beings reach about twelve foot from Zaltos. Shadows, regardless of where the shadow or it's power stemmed from, could not penetrate Zaltosā€™s divine presence. This effect would render the Decoys and their weapons useless on Zaltos. Even if somehow their figure could make it to Zaltos, it would take an outstanding amount of power to break through his armor.

ā€œSo the Meanas has bore yet another being to try and infiltrate Heaven and deny it's rightful place beneath thee decay of the Lake of Fireā€¦ This Meanas pawn might stand a chance, but that will not happen so long as i'm here and he is there...ā€ Zaltos thought to himself as the Decoys were repelled.

The fire that was present flared one time and went from a natural look to a Black Flame. This Black Flame was a flicker off the tips of fire from the Lake of Fire. This fire was very present in the Mortal Realm as well as any that intertwined within it; at this point, it was the Meanas. This fire produced no heat, but come in contact with it and the Black Fire will eat through soul and flesh. This was just one of the many flames Zaltos used, master of all fire from the Lake of Hell to the steps surrounding the flames upon Heaven's Throne.

Although Zaltos himself was not capable of walking in the Meanas in his current form, he could attack in it. The rope was creating an effect on the fire, stirring itā€™s presence in the shadows. The force was eerie to feel within the flames, as would probably surprise Cortillion. In the ropeā€™s first burst of assaults, the spherical flames would lash out on the lasso, hitting it with a force that blow the tip of the rope off all while offering a sear on the rope from contact with the flames. Following the flames denial of the first burst, Zaltosā€™s hands were ready to take grasp the second strike.

The movement of Zaltos was as if a flicker in a flame. When Zaltosā€™s armored hands took hold of the rope, an initial jerk was felt as the rope tried to retract for itā€™s second strike in it's second burst. This time, the rope wouldn't move five feet. The presence of Zaltos was withering away any hold the powers of shadows and illusions could cast on the rope. As an added side effect, the Black Fire would begin to burn through the rope as Zaltos began to pull on it.

Zaltos was literally killing the rope, making it nothing but a burnt rope that had no shadow from being in Zaltos's presence.
If Cortillion couldnā€™t pull his rope back into the Meanas from the Mortal Realm, a path would be created for Zaltos to enter into the Meanas, even if it meant entering into his Shinigami form. In return, Cortillion could also be pulled from the Meanas if Zaltos won the battle.

ā€œCortillion, I am designed to slay godsā€¦ If you think your shadows can touch me, youā€™re wrong. If you want to have a chance, come out and join me here. If not, iā€™ll walk through your false realm and kill you there.ā€ Zaltos spoke out loud, knowing Cortillion could hear him.

Where Zaltos stood in the Mortal Realm, a mass of Black Fire stood in his place in the Meanas. This form could allow Zaltos to communicate or launch an attack within the Meanas if he was close enough to Cortillion, but it would be an auto-response from the Black Fire in the Meanas, Zaltos having no control of the mass. For now, there was a Tug-o-War between Zaltos in the Mortal Realm against Cortillion in the Meanas. Still behind Zaltos was his sword, liquefying the sands, making a larger pool in the ground that continuously grew.

Both combatants still stood on equal ground. One wrong move and the other was there to catch it. Zaltos was focused on the rope and itā€™s connection to the Meanas while his sword kept watch and would defend him if possible. If Cortillion wasn't careful, he would find himself susceptible to be attacked by the Black Fire in the Meanas. It seemed to Zaltos as though this was a blind fight between the two, both beings holding the upperhand in the realm they were fighting from. A middle ground had to be found for this fight to become epic.

All this was going while Zaltos and his armor continued to absorb the sunlight. With no initial attack from himself, he had exerted nothing except what it took to take hold of the rope and pull on it, his natural presence doing it's work with no draw on his actual magic or powers. His armor was beginning to radiate, superheating the surrounding ten feet with what felt like a raging inferno ready to snap and take hold of the area. So long as Zaltos was not having to exert any magic or super capabilities for an attack, he would continue to draw in the power of the Sun.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Yup, he's upset because Zaltos grabbed his rope and his shadows can't touch Zaltos. No attack has been made, just a defense. But if you can launch two attacks in one post and one of them be with a weapon that,

(( The coils of Cotillion's rope could cut with the power of an axe in the hands of a giant, and they lashed for every portion of Zaltos' being, from above, below, right, left, forward, backwards. They tore through the air and sands, a black tide of attacks so fast that it could strike four times simultaneously, on completely separate portions of his foe, and do so three times within a second.))

As for the discussion on your Dopplegangers and their nearing of Zaltos, for them to be successful, since as you stated, they are illusions. For an illusion to actually inflict damage, Zaltos would have to believe in them and engage them. As for their shadows, even if they did reach close to Zaltos, in order for a shadow weapon to contact, the being would have posses a shadow. Zaltos has no shadow, which means he is immune to shadow weapons and attack because their is nothing for it to hit and inflict damage.

((In their hands were long-knives of woven shadows, these illusions could, and would, inflict very, very real damage should they make contact. ))

I didn't state that his presence stopped the Decoys, simply that the shadows would curl back.

((Anything powered by the shadows would curl back in fear as the beings reach about twelve foot from Zaltos.))

Which is supported by the declaration of his presence in the beginning without fully telling it's effect until necessary, which was activated by your Decoys.

((His steps would force the sand into a glowing red, super heating it. His figure produce no shadow. His presence was no more than light in the distance))

As for the defense to the first burst of attacks from the rope, the fire obviously was using force to defend Zaltos, and it's heat was stated in the post, which would generally be enough to leave a burn mark on just about anything. Also, fire is energy, the hotter it is, the faster and stronger it is. So imagine fire that eats through flesh and soul on contact, it would have to have a high amount of energy which would give it a force to knock back an attack. All you had to do was state in your next post that the heat would not be enough to burn it.

((The fire that was present flared one time and went from a natural look to a Black Flame. This Black Flame was a flicker off the tips of fire from the Lake of Fire. This fire was very present in the Mortal Realm as well as any that intertwined within it; at this point, it was the Meanas. This fire produced no heat, but come in contact with it and the Black Fire will eat through soul and flesh. This was just one of the many flames Zaltos used, master of all fire from the Lake of Hell to the steps surrounding the flames upon Heaven's Throne.

Although Zaltos himself was not capable of walking in the Meanas in his current form, he could attack in it. The rope was creating an effect on the fire, stirring itā€™s presence in the shadows.

In the ropeā€™s first burst of assaults, the spherical flames would lash out on the lasso, hitting it with a force that blow the tip of the rope off all while offering a sear on the rope from contact with the flames.

As stated earlier about the presence, it would effect your rope because your rope extends from the Meanas, and by taking hold of it, Zaltos would cut off it's shadow in that section. The more rope he pulled, the more rope would lose it's control from the Meanas because it was pretty much being cut off from the rest of the rope. It wouldn't strike the whole rope, just where Zaltos touch. Of course, when the magic is cut from that section of the rope, Zaltos would be able to burn the rope, or at least have a better chance at it.

((The presence of Zaltos was withering away any hold the powers of shadows and illusions could cast on the rope. As an added side effect, the Black Fire would begin to burn through the rope as Zaltos began to pull on it. ))

Anyways, as you stated earlier in the fight,

((That this other held no shadows made him all the more easily found, the absence of a portion of the realm like a sickened wound to behold. Yet Cotillion studied this absence, indeed, came within arms reach of it, beyond the realm it stood in, less than a ghost. He needed not fear attack, for he was not merely intangible, he was not merely invisible. He did not exist, in the sense that Zaltos might perceive to act against him. Of course such a method made this godslayer immune to his own actions, for he held no shadow with which to manipulate. Zaltos was as much untouchable to the god, at the moment, as the god was to he.))

So any of your Meanas based attacks would fail. You stated it. Zaltos doesn't exist within Meanas, so anything involved with it's power would hold no effect on Zaltos because he wasn't there to attack. :)

So...That's my case.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:40 am

Since you decided to be blatantly in the open, I guess everyone can see this next section of counterpoints. Enjoy.

EDIT: Due to quote code failure, I will underline the quoted portions of Zaltos' post I am responding to.

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]Yup, he's upset because Zaltos grabbed his rope and his shadows can't touch Zaltos. No attack has been made, just a defense. But if you can launch two attacks in one post and one of them be with a weapon that,
(( The coils of Cotillion's rope could cut with the power of an axe in the hands of a giant, and they lashed for every portion of Zaltos' being, from above, below, right, left, forward, backwards. They tore through the air and sands, a black tide of attacks so fast that it could strike four times simultaneously, on completely separate portions of his foe, and do so three times within a second.))

You declared that this was a T1 Eden Era battle. Yes, I have issues involving your defense, as if fails to properly expound on the Defense-type Turn action of detailing the means of defense. On the inverse, my attack properly forms an Attack-type turn, as it is a synchronized series of actions that constitutes a single overall assault. If you had clearly read through the timing, you would have understood rather plainly that the attack was a simultaneous frontal rush by clones, combined with Cotillion's rope assault.

Your defense, on the other hand, consists of just "noping" the clones, ignoring the flexibility of shadow to form solid, tangible weapons (hint, look all over fiction and you'll find them), which while formed of shadow, are just that. Made of shadow. The damage is physical type. Furthermore, your character sheet does not list "immunity to shadow based attacks" as a feature of the character, rendering your defense against the clones as "shadows can't touch me" moot and void.

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]As for the discussion on your Dopplegangers and their nearing of Zaltos, for them to be successful, since as you stated, they are illusions. For an illusion to actually inflict damage, Zaltos would have to believe in them and engage them. As for their shadows, even if they did reach close to Zaltos, in order for a shadow weapon to contact, the being would have posses a shadow. Zaltos has no shadow, which means he is immune to shadow weapons and attack because their is nothing for it to hit and inflict damage.

((In their hands were long-knives of woven shadows, these illusions could, and would, inflict very, very real damage should they make contact. ))

This is precisely what I just addressed. You have taken literal interpretations of my prose, and used that base assumption to construct your defense. In this context, illusion refers to the fact that they are false copies of Cotillion. They are clones, which is further reinforced in an earlier section of the post you omitted for the sake of ignoring context. Which I will now provide my own quote of.
A gesture of one hand fragmented shadows from shadow, a twist inverted them, brought them within the spectral city and then into the real city in which Zaltos stood. His will alone shaped them, illusory mimicries of his person, a breath of his own power pressed into the shades to give them his divine scents and presence. These he dispatched to cross the city, to approach Zaltos as decoys, using the terrain to close the distance as far as possible without unveiling themselves to his counters. Three in total, and he judged they would suffice.

As you can see, these were shaped shadows, quite similar in fact to dopplegangers. But repeating descriptors in writing makes it repetitive and boring to read, and so I attempt to make my writing more intriguing through the use of alternate nouns and descriptors.

Finally, addressing this point, the statement "Zaltos has no shadow, which means he is immune to shadow weapons and attack because their is nothing for it to hit and inflict damage" is not only incorrect, it is a poor form to approach a competitive match. It would mean that you chose your character specifically to attempt to be blatantly immune to my own, as a subtle form of cheating. Additionally, again, throughout fiction there are many examples of shadows being solidified to do physical damage completely separate from that of shadows (Shikimaru's Shadow Strangling Jutsu and others apply here), which only use one shadow to cause slashing, piercing, crushing, or alternate forms of damage via methods such as suffocation.

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]I didn't state that his presence stopped the Decoys, simply that the shadows would curl back.

((Anything powered by the shadows would curl back in fear as the beings reach about twelve foot from Zaltos.))

Which is supported by the declaration of his presence in the beginning without fully telling it's effect until necessary, which was activated by your Decoys.

((His steps would force the sand into a glowing red, super heating it. His figure produce no shadow. His presence was no more than light in the distance))

This is part of my issue with your defense, as "his presence was no more than a light in the distance" has in no way, shape, or form any bearing on defensive purposes, such as "anything powered by the shadows would curl back in fear as the beings reach about twelve foot from Zaltos". What makes them curl back in fear? What mechanisms of a power are involved? In short, how does it work? This portion of your defense reads as "Zaltos lolnoped the shadow clones, just 'cause."

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]As for the defense to the first burst of attacks from the rope, the fire obviously was using force to defend Zaltos, and it's heat was stated in the post, which would generally be enough to leave a burn mark on just about anything. Also, fire is energy, the hotter it is, the faster and stronger it is. So imagine fire that eats through flesh and soul on contact, it would have to have a high amount of energy which would give it a force to knock back an attack. All you had to do was state in your next post that the heat would not be enough to burn it.

((The fire that was present flared one time and went from a natural look to a Black Flame. This Black Flame was a flicker off the tips of fire from the Lake of Fire. This fire was very present in the Mortal Realm as well as any that intertwined within it; at this point, it was the Meanas. This fire produced no heat, but come in contact with it and the Black Fire will eat through soul and flesh. This was just one of the many flames Zaltos used, master of all fire from the Lake of Hell to the steps surrounding the flames upon Heaven's Throne.

Although Zaltos himself was not capable of walking in the Meanas in his current form, he could attack in it. The rope was creating an effect on the fire, stirring itā€™s presence in the shadows.

In the ropeā€™s first burst of assaults, the spherical flames would lash out on the lasso, hitting it with a force that blow the tip of the rope off all while offering a sear on the rope from contact with the flames.
))

Except for one problem with your reasoning is fire alone is merely thermal energy. Thermal energy has no kinetic properties, such as the important bit about how plain, if magical fire, stopped the purely kinetic energy it struck, aside from incinerating the source of the kinetic energy being used to attack with. A fireball, for example, includes a concussive element which creates the explosion when it goes off, which then contains both thermal and kinetic energy.

Additionally, in this section, you connected the fire attack on the rope as evidenced by the section "the spherical flames would lash out on the lasso, hitting it with a force to blow the tip of the rope all while offering a sear on the rope from contact with the flames." You announced a hit, you also announced the damage, and the phrasing thereof clearly defines a connection of a defensive counter-attack.

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]As stated earlier about the presence, it would effect your rope because your rope extends from the Meanas, and by taking hold of it, Zaltos would cut off it's shadow in that section. The more rope he pulled, the more rope would lose it's control from the Meanas because it was pretty much being cut off from the rest of the rope. It wouldn't strike the whole rope, just where Zaltos touch. Of course, when the magic is cut from that section of the rope, Zaltos would be able to burn the rope, or at least have a better chance at it.

((The presence of Zaltos was withering away any hold the powers of shadows and illusions could cast on the rope. As an added side effect, the Black Fire would begin to burn through the rope as Zaltos began to pull on it. ))

Firstly, your failure of logic in this section if that you automatically confirmed grasp of the rope. The second problem you have is that your failed assumption that the rope is being moved in the method it is moving via Meanas control, which is simply not stated about the rope portion of the attack at all. The magical properties of Cotillion's rope are not automatically synonymous with Cotillion's wielding of shadow magic, which renders this section of your post moot and void as well. It is being sent through tears in Meanas into the material world, but the attack itself is purely physical in nature, and is not a product of shadow manipulation. That portion of the attack is attacking with a weapon across the planes.

[Zaltos-Kiraxo]Anyways, as you stated earlier in the fight,

((That this other held no shadows made him all the more easily found, the absence of a portion of the realm like a sickened wound to behold. Yet Cotillion studied this absence, indeed, came within arms reach of it, beyond the realm it stood in, less than a ghost. He needed not fear attack, for he was not merely intangible, he was not merely invisible. He did not exist, in the sense that Zaltos might perceive to act against him. Of course such a method made this godslayer immune to his own actions, for he held no shadow with which to manipulate. Zaltos was as much untouchable to the god, at the moment, as the god was to he.))

So any of your Meanas based attacks would fail. You stated it. Zaltos doesn't exist within Meanas, so anything involved with it's power would hold no effect on Zaltos because he wasn't there to attack. :)

So...That's my case.

Again, a gross assumption on your end that is also false. I made no statement that my Meanas-derived attacks would fail, I was referring to my inability to reach out and gank Zaltos by virtue of stabbing his shadow-echo in Meanas and transferring that damage from his shadow into Zaltos' physical body.

What I noted was due to Zaltos not casting a shadow, he was a visible ghost to Cotillion while within the shadow plane, just as Cotillion would be intangible to Zaltos on the material plane, for the same reason. By this reasoning, I cannot directly attack Zaltos while being in Meanas, which led to the attack sequence occurring on the physical plane that Zaltos was on. This does not render automatic immunity to Zaltos by virtue of casting no shadow, this just means that I couldn't have Cotillion literally tear off Zaltos' head from the shadow plane while Zaltos couldn't see or perceive Cotillion. It does mean to do so, I would have to attack Zaltos from the physical plane, which is precisely where I attacked Zaltos with the clone attacks and the cross-plane rope assault.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 am

Without a proper prep post to be able to strike across planes, it would be voided. So I'll say I'm wrong, if you say you're wrong.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 am

This fight is closed and judgement will be served henceforth as spelled out in the sticky thread. (Also, thanks, Lobos, for coming forth with the logs. Headaches like these are what drove me out of the arena...last night I was rereading my fight with Total Brave five years ago, and that got ugly, though nothing on the level of Nonpareil-Master.)

I'll be using Johnathan Alexander's rubric, where fight posts are graded on character presence, tactics, mechanics (spelling and grammar) and description. Max 5 points per category.

Round 1:
Looks like some kind of "my god can beat up your god" setup. Rival summoners (priests, servants of these powerful figures? It's never entirely clear) call forth their patrons to settle things once and for all. Zaltos seems to have an edge here, since he's a fire element and it's a damn hot day. Then again, that's what you get for being allowed to set the stage.

Tactics: Not applicable, since they're intro posts.
Grammar: Lobos slips here with "enitity" but I'm willing to overlook minor typos so long as they don't impede comprehension. It's clear what word was intended. Johnathan is not so forgiving as I in this regard--count yourselves lucky. Another wash.
Presence: Zaltos scores big here with WHY he got this ornate armor, but Cotillion's quips give us a valuable insight into his mind. Good job both of you. Zaltos definitely feels like a man on a mission, given the tools to succeed in said mission, while to Cotillion it's just another contract.
Description: Edge to Lobos. Zaltos is only 6 foot 2 yet he has an 8 foot long sword. We've all seen this shit before, come on man.
Overall: Lobos, 14-13

Round 2:
Zaltos makes the first mistake here on a tactical and grammatical level. "Zaltos would stop a few yards in and stab his sword, the Phoenix Blade into the sands. The sands turned to glass for many yards, keeping the sand super heated and pure liquid. Zaltos took a few more steps forward before stopping again."
I referred Akira K. Sakurazaki, aka Metzgermeister, to this thread, and he had a huge issue with this part. How can sand be both liquid and glassed? A quick Google search reveals that sand (mostly SiO2) liquefies at about 1700 C, which Zaltos's fireballs exceed by a good amount. Glassing requires higher temperatures than that. So the sand would liquefy first, and since Zaltos doesn't seem to be able to levitate, he would sink into the sand and then the glassing would freeze him in place. Also, overuse of the conditional would. Pet peeve. Bad crutch word. Grrr.

Lobos fares a little better, scoring in the tactics department by using the lack of a shadow to find Zaltos from his home in the plane of shadow, for lack of a more easily accessible analogy. Here Cotillion can only attack by proxy, and he does this with three clones that lunge at him with long knives, all to distract from the assassin himself re-materializing and pouncing with the rope. I'm not liking the shadow clones, the rope prep and swing, and the sudden gangbang all in one post. But from what little I know about high-tier combats, this is considered acceptable by most practitioners, so I'll roll with it. Seems like there could have been a fun mini-game of Pac-Man in here somewhere.

As for the strike itself, it says it COULD strike with the power of a giant's axe, yet makes no mention of what Cotillion is actually swinging with, nor the intended wounds inflicted. Cotillion also says it strikes four separate areas simultaneously, at the rate of three times a second. When I saw the logs, I thought it would be a rapid 12-hertz barrage of lashes. The shadows fare better here, each with a dagger looking to cause some serious puncture wounds...if they get through the joints and seams of Zaltos's armor.

Tactics: Lobos the clear winner. "the folly of ceding initiative to a god"
Presence: Okay, we get that Zaltos the character is a sarcastic asshole with aspirations to rule, though Lobos expands upon his character's resources--WHY he's a god. Another easy call for Lobos.
Grammar: Bad leanword. No "would." Grr. Lobos wins again.
Description: Zaltos went to great lengths to describe his character's ready stance. I appreciate that. Points. Lobos hits back with a description of the Meanas and his aspects that he throws at the dude. Zaltos still takes this round because it's not often you get to physically take up a character's stance to understand what's going on.
Overall: Lobos, 16-12
Total: Lobos, 30-25

Round 3:
And this is where the trouble started. Zaltos tries to use the Lake of Fire mastery to create black fire and smoke out Cotillion from his hiding place in the Meanas, but everything else is suspect. Even if you grabbed the rope (which Lobos called an auto-hit, but grabbing in T1 is hard) which one of the four SIMULTANEOUS hits did you defend against? And where did the other three hit? Also, the whole bullshit about the aspects being unable to penetrate within a 12-foot radius. Did you miss the part where they have fragments of Cotillion's power and knowledge? Once again you've been outsmarted in the neutral game, are on the defensive and are forced to pull stunts like this to try to stay even, which won't fly.

Judge's Comments: Man oh man. This is everything wrong with fighting in the modern day, in three convenient posts. You make me remember why I hung it up after my second-round exit from GT 2011. Stick to having Ryand fight your space battles for you, Zaltos, because you're clearly out of your GT League. The winner is Lobos.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Lol that was one of my first fights when I came back after six years. I don't think I did too bad for starting back up. Been at it a year practicing my T1 and RP skills. Things would probably be a lot different if the two went at it again.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!