Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Combat Trial

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Combat Trial

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Thu May 29, 2008 8:25 am

I want to take Xaul for a test run. Who feels like a tussle?
for character: (xaul-knofker-t6315.html)

Live forever, or die trying!!
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Combat Trial

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am

Welcome to the Battle Arena TwinDeath, there are a slew of fighters gathering for the opportunity to fight for fame and prizes at the Grand Tournament, I am confidant you will find someone to test your combat skills. Also if you see a fighter here that you feel would be a good match for you or would tax your skills, send them a PM and ask them if they are willing to spar with you.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Madara on Thu May 29, 2008 9:38 am

I'll give you the test run you're looking for.

Whats the setting?
And what are the rules?

Uchiha Madara
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hellias on Thu May 29, 2008 9:52 am

I am willing. Just give me sometime to do a profile to even the fight up.

/edit.

I'll give this to uchiha.
INKING YOU.
Current RPs: Violent Cycle . Murder at the multiverse banquet . A simple Affair . Death Note . Eternia =World 1.0=

Hellias
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Thu May 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Make any changes you want, but here's what I was thinking, Uchiha:

RULES:
1) No holds barred, anything fantasy-based goes. (If one of us uses something that the other thinks is unfair, or does not work, send a PM explaining the problem and asking either for an explanation/clarification or a change.)

Here there are several choices. A clearing in the woods, a set of old stone ruins, an arena? I would like the arena, but whatever...

Oh, and what character would you be using?

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Madara on Sat May 31, 2008 12:10 am

I'm using Madara, my main character.
An arena is fine by me, and I agree with the rules so far. If something comes up, i'll bring it to your attention.

Uchiha Madara
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sat May 31, 2008 1:47 pm

((OK then))

Xaul strode into the arena, his hands easily fitting into his katars. He opened and closed the blades a few times, ensuring that they were in working order. The arena was large, with a few raised platforms scattered around to give the fighters a height advantage, and several walls for cover. Other than these few objects, there was sand. A lot of sand. Xaul squinted into the sun as he flipped onto a platform, pulling out a bag of caltrops after landing. After scattering the nasty little spikes all around the platform, Xaul leaned against the railing, appearing to doze while he waited for his opponent.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:19 pm

OOC: It's been ten days, so I am declaring the combat over, and reopening this forum to anyone who wants in. As no rules were agreed upon concerning inactivity, I will not be recording this as either a win or lost, but let it be known: an unexplained absence of more than three days will be considered a forfeit. If you know that you're not going to be on, say so and the combat will pause.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Hark Lafayette, the poor sod, will answer the call.

Lead on, and I'll follow.

Character profiles:
ImageImage

RP's I am hosting:
Lovecraft in Brooklyn

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:38 pm

TwinDeath wrote:((OK then))

Xaul strode into the arena, his hands easily fitting into his katars. He opened and closed the blades a few times, ensuring that they were in working order. The arena was large, with a few raised platforms scattered around to give the fighters a height advantage, and several walls for cover. Other than these few objects, there was sand. A lot of sand. Xaul squinted into the sun as he flipped onto a platform, pulling out a bag of caltrops after landing. After scattering the nasty little spikes all around the platform, Xaul leaned against the railing, appearing to doze while he waited for his opponent.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Oh god oh god oh god oh SHIT SHIT SHIT! Hark stumbled out of the dark arena entryway, his hair flipping around and hitting him on the face. He shielded his eyes against the sun as he rubbed at the bruises on his face. Fuck. This has NOT been a good week for Hark baby. How was I supposed to know that the thieves guild was going to rob the place the same night? I mean, I only killed like two of them. I think. He winced as he prodded an especially livid specimen below his right eye. Still, I suppose I should be thankful that they didn't kill me outright. Though, knowing them, this isn't going to be any better. The sun pounded down unmercifully on Hark's head as he squinted at the guy on the opposite side of the arena. Great. Swords. Sweet. And they took my fucking sunglasses. He gritted his teeth as a clang next to his foot aggravated his already epic headache. Squatting, he picked up the length of lead pipe some thoughtful thug had given him. "Yeah. Thanks." He scowled at the black archway, turning away as his unseen benefactor laughed a beefy laugh at his expense.

"Oye." He started walking towards what he assumed was the person he was supposed to get killed by.

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Xaul watched the man walk in, smirking at the weapon. A lead pipe? That was all the man had? This was going to be easy, and fun. Xaul pulled out an incendiary grenade, and waited until his opponent got closer. the second the man was in range, Xaul primed the grenade and whipped it as fast as he could, directly at the man's feet. The grenade hit the ground, and Hell visited the Earth. Ten seconds of roaring fury, straight from the mouth of an erupting hurricane.

"Now that's one Hell of a way to start this off," muttered Xaul. His tattoos were showing now, and he could feel the madness seeping in. Xaul's smile got wider, and he chuckled without any humor as he watched the sand of the arena turn to glass.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 am

"Dude, I know we're suppsed to be fighting or whatever, but I'd really like to settle this through pea- FUCK!" Hark had a moment of pure panic as he watched what was obviously a grenade arc towards him. Instinct taking over, his outline blurred for a second before suddenly expanding, clothes exploding everywhere. Hark, now huge, scaley, and bright yellow with panic, dug in his claws and launched himself backwards. Slamming into the wall of the arena just next to the portal he'd come from, he dug in with the claws of his two feet and left hand. Hanging there, he watched the firestorm in front of him and considered his chances of survival. The extra 250 lbs of muscle he'd gained from the change were not going to help him if he was facing a fucking wizard. Dropping to the ground, he concentrated, and his scales faded from eye-searing yellow to dull sandstone, rendering him nearly invisible against the walls and floor. Hark lobbed his lead pipe up, aiming for where the pyro had last stood, and then loped around to the left, crouched low against the ground.

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Xaul threw himself to one side as the pipe flew through the fireball. For once, he was not quick enough, and the spinning pipe thwacked into his side. The impact was mostly absorbed by the armor, but it still hurt. Swearing, Xaul dropped off the platform, moving under it and watching carefully. There. A slight movement in the sand. Xaul flung a knife at it, only to discover that Hark was not there, that it was only the wind. Swearing more, Xaul stepped into the light, sheathing his weapons.

"You want to talk? Settle this peacefully? I'm game," screamed Xaul, glaring at the cheering fans. They were ruining his hearing. "Come out! Face me and we'll talk!"

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Hark quickly scaled the large pillar, claws scrabbling against the stone. He reached the top and hauled himself up, standing to his full height and allowing his coloration to shift back to his current emotional state: orange for annoyed. "Oye. I'm up here, and I don't feel like getting any closer. And yeah, I'm the same guy you saw before, just bigger and with more teeth." His tail lashed impatiently. "Look, I got into this because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Is there any way we can resolve this without one of us ending up dead?"

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 am

"That depends," called Xaul, palming a throwing knfe. "Do you have 200 gold pieces?" As he spoke, he began to walk slowly towards the pillar, keeping his voice calm. "I'm being paid 100 Gold to kill you, and I'm always open to a higher offer." He reached the bottom of the pillar, and began to climb onto the first platform. "What do you think, Worm Boy? Do we have a deal?"

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 am

Oh lord. 200 gold pieces. Where the HELL am I going to get 200 gold pieces? He smiled broadly. "Sure! I can get them to you as soon as we're finished here. But, uh, I think one of us needs to get knocked out." Hark dropped out of sight, clinging to the side of the pillar opposite his opponent. "How can I trust you not to kill me and have done?"

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:06 am

"How can I trust you to pay up?" Xal smirked at the cowardly seeming Hark. "Tell you what, Let's fight to a knockout only, and the winner spares the loser. After the fight, we meet at Strangefellows bar, and settle all debts. Agreed?"

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfessorM on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:12 am

Hark let his colors shift back to the stone hue, and grinned broadly from the other side of the pillar. "Deal. My name is Hark, and I'm here because some people aren't happy with me." Scraping a handful of sand and pebbles out of the cracks between the pillar blocks, he let them fall to the ground, using the sound to cover his movement back around to his opponents side of the monolith. Hark crawled lizard style and lurked underneath his opponent's platform, waiting for a reply.

ProfessorM
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 am

Xaul grinned back, and released himself to his madness, his kounnar. "Xaul Knofker. I'm here to kill things," he rasped, the madness making it hard to speak. Xaul drew Haingre, smilin at the noxious fumes coming from the blade. In one swift, brutal movement, he slammed Haingre into the wooden platfom, and chuckled as the wood began to rot and wither. Xaul drew Drshil, and slammed his foot into the wood, shattering the rotted section. He dropped to the ground and spun, waiting for Hark.

"I know you're here, worm," said Xaul in an insane singsong. "Come out and plaaayyy..."

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!