Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Crash Queen's Comic Corner

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Crash Queen's Comic Corner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 am

The artist formerly known as Mars.
So I'm in school for sequential art.

I just finished out my first term, and so I want to share some projects I've completed, as well as some sketches I've done in my free time.
I primarily upload my work via tumblr, and so to save bandwidth I'm going to be linking to those in here.

First up is a 5-page colored comic I completed for a visual storytelling course. It's my first real attempt at colors and lettering/bubbling, but I think it's pretty good.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

And next is an unlettered, still working out the kinks, preview for a webcomic I want to work on.
You can click through these since there's nothing to read

I also have been quite enrapt in toying around with the world presented in MCR's concept album: Danger Days. You've likely seen these characters before.

Exterminator Delta
Delta sketches

My Killjoy alter-ego, Sand Shark

I'll try to update this thing more often. Wanted a new thread with my new, sequential-art based direction.
YEAH.
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Crash Queen's Comic Corner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 am

These are FABULOUS, Mars! I love the final on the seance project. Very nicely done!

You're gonna go far, Kid, and I can't wait to say "I knew her when..."
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Crow on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 pm

lol @ Saviarre. I bet she'll give you her autograph if you say please, too. XD But, yes, the comic is very entertaining indeed.

Mr. Crow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skeleton Key on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Hey, these are pretty cool! The webcomic looks interesting too, please post when you've finished it!

Skeleton Key
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spiral Thoughts on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 am

I absolutely adore the art style present within the ghost comic short you made. But then, the actual script for the comic is equally enthralling! Are you going to start a webcomic? I'd love to see that, if so!
Sooner or later, every writer births a killer.

Spiral Thoughts
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh, wow. I didn't expect people to be interested!
I've been pretty busy lately, keeping track of an ask blog on tumblr to coincide with one of my RP characters.

Here are a few more scribbles:

Some fight poses between my Exterminator character and Party Poison a la Danger Days.

Let me tell you about my Homestuck fantroll, Phoros Racida and her lusus Dododad!

I'm working on a bunch of sketches and character turn arounds for my webcomic, but since I have no scanner while traveling, I'll get those posted later.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Heya! Nice to see you back around posting again. I'm really loving how your art style is. To my untrained, stick-figure obsessed eye, the expressions and whatnot are just so perfect. They really convey a sense of the scene, of adventure. Loo-ooove it!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spiral Thoughts on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

I look forward to reading/admiring your webcomic!!! :D ku ku ka chu!

Spiral Thoughts
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:50 pm

More Killjoy scribble
Delirious Trigger.
I really just wanted to get this out before my cold meds kick in.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Omgosh, he looks like Robin. :D

I am digging this style of yours. :)
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Some more sketches for my webcomic!

Kevin: The protagonist. A hipster douchebag, more or less.

Boombox Jones: A snarky creepy spirit that possesses a boombox that has come into Kevin's possession [still working on his design a bit]

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Today I redrew more Killjoy shit.

Redesigned Sand Shark

And my Exterminator again.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spiral Thoughts on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! LOVE IT ALL!

*worship worship worship*

Spiral Thoughts
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 am

Awesome work, Mars. You're finally getting into it I see, I remember when you told me about this project, keep going so I can claim I'm the reason behind your success. Just kidding.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Scar placement for a character.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:06 pm

More!

Exterminator again.

And fanart from a comic I read called CHEW which is about a detective who can get psychic impressions from what he eats, so he's often called in to eat pieces of homicides. This is the detective, Tony Chu.

I have a Wacom Cintiq now so my drawing is off the hook.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 am

And they just keep coming!

Character sketch for another Killjoy character. Alias Hungry Ghost.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:04 am

I love how distinct each of these are! I look at every new post you make, I just don't know what to say besides "oooh!" and "aaah!" sometimes. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Nanananana Kobra Kid!

Did I mention I kind of have it bad for MCR's Danger Days album?

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Have some more art.
I'll link it this time because it's HUGE

Cover for an anthology I'm doing

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!