Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Does A Fancy Title Really Matter?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Does A Fancy Title Really Matter?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnanonymousDX918 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm not overly fond of introductions but oh well. I'll just go with the program.

My name is Reginald but everyone calls me Joel, which is a nickname that originated from my middle name, Joseph. That or UnanonymousDX918 and any other nickname as long as it comes from the username itself. Now, let me jump into some relevant information that you people actually care about.

I'm not new to the world of roleplaying but neither am I a veteran. I got started out back in March of 2014 in this website called "RpNation". My first roleplay was one called "Pokemon: Prism University" in which I submitted my character sheet on April 20th, 2014 and began roleplaying on that very same day shortly after it was accepted. So yeah, you can say that is my official date of when I began roleplaying. And, to be honest, that is the only roleplay I have ever participated to this day.

I'm pretty finicky when it comes to roleplay's, as I am with pretty much everything in life. That Pokemon roleplay I mentioned earlier, despite Pokemon roleplay's being pretty popular and plentiful, that one in particular was finely crafted. Needless to say, I enjoyed it.

I left RpNation a few weeks ago, mainly because I was disappointed with the roleplay's being put out, and many other things. Many, many other things. But, it was fun while it lasted.

What else can I say... oh yes! Preferences. Any genre and any setting is fine with me as long as it's done right and it makes sense. No science behind that, pretty straight forward. One example is the fantasy genre: it leaves the opportunity for a lot of "well, this happened because MAGIC" scenarios which are just not my thing. My fantasy has to make sense. Same thing with science fiction, same thing with everything, y'know? When stuff like that happens it leaves the impression that the person is rushing the content out. Is not being original. And that really bothers me.

But, yeah, that's just me.

I think I'm going to cut it here. If you want to talk to me then, well, I don't know. I have to wait until my PM restriction is gone. You know the 10 posts thing. Until then, I guess I can lurk in the chat? Yeah, I'll do that.

I'm a relatively lonely person. Too many fake people these days, if you know what I mean. At school, internet, everywhere. Hopefully, just maybe, I won't encounter that here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UnanonymousDX918
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Does A Fancy Title Really Matter?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Hello and welcome to RPG! A fancy title totally matters. :P

I'm Saken and I'd just like to offer any help if you need it! We're a pretty large community and I'm sure you'll find some RP's to your liking. We also have a -huge- poke-roleplay community, with Qbsuperstar being a good person to talk to if that's something you are really into. I'm not into it so much, but I've heard that the ones he knows about are well written and full of amazing plot goodies.

We also ahve a ton of other stuff, too, though!
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnanonymousDX918 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I can tell a fancy title matters now...

I appreciate your offer of help, I will surely keep it in mind. Indeed, I've already seen a couple of roleplays that do interest me greatly. I will get around to joining them later on when I ain't so lazy, and when I've learned the ropes of how roleplaying works here (which I might do so in your Mentoring roleplay). I've already met with Qbsuperstar, really nice fellow there. I'll probably be roleplaying with him soon. xD

You shouldn't worry, I do have many other tastes in roleplaying as I said earlier.

UnanonymousDX918
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Welcome to RolePlayGateway! (I'll let you in on a secret of mine and tell you that I don't really care for fancy titles.) I'm glad you've decided to join RolePlayGateway, as I have found that it's a really awesome site for roleplaying. I've checked out a lot of other sites in the past and, although I'm biased, this one is one of the best.

There are a lot of RPs here that extremely creative people create daily, so I'm sure there will be multiple opportunities for you to RP. Your avatar is killing me, by the way.

I hope to see you around!

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!