Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths

Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths

A band of adventurers travels in a quest to save the world. What else is new?

Owner:
Game Masters:
Tags: (Add Tags »)
This topic is an Out Of Character part of the roleplay, “Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths”. Anything posted here will also show up there.

OOC » Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths

Topic Tags:

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

[OOC] Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths

Postby Everscale on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:15 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

I would like to reserve a character. Preferably the one MARKED 'Warrior', but if that's being kept for someone, then a different character slot, please. Also, I might need from 36 to 48 hours for the submission of a character-sheet. Do tell me if it is necessary for me to submit one sooner, and I shall do the needful.
Thank you!
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Yashie
Member for 3 years

Re: [OOC] Dungeons and Dragons: Twisted Truths

Postby Byte on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 am

I am still reading through the introduction, but this is definitely something I want to join. I'd like to reserve a character spot as well, preferably Thief. Anyway, I'll finish up on reading the introduction tab, and then I'll get working on my character. Like Yashie, it'll take around 48 hours for me, to complete my character.

Cheers,
Archlkan
Byte
Member for 3 years

There will be no reservation of characters, nor is this roleplay first-come-first-served. Create a complex character, and if I like them, they will be accepted regardless of what spaces are open or closed.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Although this is not the DnD I remember, it's a DnD I would love to be a part of.

What's the chances of me being able to create a bard? If not, no big loss. It's just that I've been playing around with the idea of a bard for a while, just not in a setting like this.
♫♫♫ Take that chance, give an awkward glance and ask for a simple dance. Who knows, you might find a beautiful romance. ♫♫♫
Talisman
Member for 5 years

@Talisman - That depends on how well you do the character. Write it up. If I don't like it, I won't accept it. If I do, I will. Simple as that.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Hello! (^_^)

This is just to let you know that I'll be submitting a character sometime today or early tomorrow, and also to ensure the OOC thread shows up in my "view your posts" feed.

I'm interested to see what you have in mind for the plot.
So man cried, but with God's voice.
And God bled, but with man's blood.
Then heaven and earth creaked at the joint
Which became gangrenous and stank-
A horror beyond redemption.
The agony did not diminish.
Man could not be man nor God God
Kurokiku
Global Moderator and Scholar
Member for 4 years

Since I am unsure on the status of bardic magic, I shall just leave that area blank...
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Bards acquire magic at a later level. That is why I had you fill in level~ That is one of the reasons level is there; to determine what sorts of spells everyone gets. And to determine whether potions/items gathered on the way will actually affect them.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Postby Yashie on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 am

I just submitted my character! Hope you like (and accept) him.
Yashie
Member for 3 years

Hey Kuro... Jhani's blind, right?

Hmm... A blind drow spellcaster, where have I heard that before?

Nah, I'm just kidding, I love it.
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Hey, shut it, Talis. :P This from the guy who makes human berserkers a good half the time. He actually wasn't going to be a drow, but... then he was.

Your spoony bard promises to be highly entertaining also. (^_^)
Kurokiku
Global Moderator and Scholar
Member for 4 years

I agree about the bard. He should be entertaining...
Especially if he decides to go after Dessana. -.- That is why she carries the hunting knife to begin with.

ANYWAYS.
I shall go read the new characters~ But looking at this... blind drow spellcaster... I like.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Also, if you would, everyone should go in and read everyone else's profiles. At least their race, class, and personality descriptions. I would like to start off with some developed relationships, if possible: people who already know one another. I would also like you to be aware of any of your characters Dislikes that may come into play. Yenhand, for instance, dislikes Drows. There are two of them in the party so far.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

And furthermore. Everyone needs to READ THE RULES. The only one here who followed the instructions there was Yashie. *applauds Yashie*
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Postby Zetta on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Ooh, a DnD rp thing. Color me interested. Although, I do have one major question: What's the mage-fighter hybrid class like?

I'm assuming that it's a standard spellsword with the ability to imbue his weapon with magic, as well as some close/mid-range abilities.
fisssh
Zetta
Member for 4 years

Ah! I lied! Kurokiku also followed the instructions~

@Zetta - You are correct. The spells to be imbued with the weapons would be mainly elementally based: fire, ice, etc. However, my only concern in you asking this is that we already have a Battlemage. Kurokiku's character is the mage-fighter hybrid class. I would prefer that you create something else, so we have a wider variety in our characters.
Everscale
Member for 3 years

Postby Zetta on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:05 pm

It's alright, then. I'll just make a mage-thief hybrid specializing in magic-based sneak attacks, traps, and the like, if that's fine with you.
Zetta
Member for 4 years

I followed the rules... After I read that everyone else followed the rules...

I was on such a roll with Brett that I forgot?... My bad.

Also I knew Kuro was going to bring up my berserker tendencies... And for the record, I've only made two berserkers, both with entirely different personalities! So we're even.

There's just something about a fellow that loses himself in battle that seems so appealing, ya know?
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Ooh I like all the characters :D Been reading them (more than once) and I must say, I can't wait to get started with the RP.

Edit : Although I feel kinda left-out, everyone but me seems to be of a hybrid-class :(
Yashie
Member for 3 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.