Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Epic Quest

Epic Quest [it's begun!]

a part of “Epic Quest”, a fictional universe by Astro_B0Y.

“8-Bit City, it’s a town full of dreamers, gamers, musicians, crooks, dream stealers, bastards, and maybe even a few heroes. I just want to know if you’ve got what it takes to fight for it. Don’t dissapoint.”

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Epic Quest”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Epic Quest [it's begun!]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:03 am

Ok cool.

BTW all, this is what the creature/thing/rifhopper (Demetri's words for the monsters that come through), looks like, before I butcher it with some terrible description and ruin it's badassery.

Totally not my drawing by the way.

Why not Enter Galactic?

"Yes Master" Don says as he bows before Astro.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:40 am

So Aemyle is technically a rifthopper, unless it only applies to monsters. XD I had her fire a shot at it, hope that's alright.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 am

That's all good, I just edited my post around a bit no worries. All the normies are going to get their powers very soon.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

OK so...I guess when you guys are fighting and whatnot...I'll just...jump in. Since my character already gained her powers but she's still pretty weak. =.='
And you know...I just realized that in everything I post in the rp, things happen to Lilli that sort of make it seem as if I hate my character. Like when she got kicked...I laughed a lot. Is that like some indirect way of being masochistic?
Wow, I say some weird stuff. O.O
Fruity Loops of Pain: The epitome of self proclaimed awesomeness.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 am

No, that's a way of being sadistic, unless you styled Lilli after yourself. XD Heck, it could be both, since she's not you yet she's an expression of yourself.

I've done mean things to my characters before. One time I had a character who's somewhat phobic of change and he was in a Kingdom Hearts roleplay. He totally broke down! I felt so sorry for him.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Lol, no way. Lilli acts nothing like me. I don't have a split personality disorder where one minute I'm happy then the next I'm pissed and screaming, cursing, etc...

Strangly, I've always found it hard to play characters that have a personality like mine. I'm quiet, friendly yet unintentionally not, and I have a bit of a sadistic side. :D

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:51 pm

lol I put one of my characters through a lot of crap too, and he's like 12, so maybe I hate children deep down -shrug-.

I think it's fun to make your characters go through break downs, good character building! xD

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:00 pm

The only time I've actually made one of my characters go into serious character building is when their in some kind of life or death situation and their super scared and they want to run away, but then I just be mean and make them fight and have some serious life affecting injuries. Then, they can be all traumatized over it later. It's hilarious. That's some serious character building lol. I don't even think I liked that character.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I love building up a good character! I take an odd amount of joy in creating a good, multi-faceted, character, whether it's a hero or a villain. That's part of why I love roleplays. I get to see how my character will turn out when faced with other characters. It's especially awesome when a post is somewhat dramatic. I love describing my characters' thought processes during posts like that.

My favorite example of how a character took on their own life is my character Chelsea. She was the only completely normal human in the gifted roleplay I put her in. Now she's got a new name, she's an empath, and she has the ability to see into time, all because she was made the guardian of the last of the lycan race! I didn't even plan any of that. The GM just made it happen. ^-^

EDIT: XD Lol! I totally burst out laughing when I read Xavier's reaction to meeting Aemyle. I know I said she was a singer, but I totally didn't expect a big reaction from anyone. I mean, 'she's even cuter with a gun in her hand'? XD That was great!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 pm

LOL! The minute I read she was a singer, I knew Xavier had to be a groupie. I'm sensing reoccuring joke haha.

And that's sick about Chelsea. My character Taro grew like that (the youngster), only his future kind of sucked, but eh that's another story for another time xP

Fruity Loops I think you're just mean lol, you treat that character like a dirty step child.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Well how nice of you lol. And it's not like I do that to all my characters. I actually like Lilli. She won't be dying anytime soon...hopefully.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Sorry guys, I gotta get off for a little while, seriously starving and there's nothing in the house. I'll be back in like an hour & a half at the latest though.

But yeah, Lili's pretty badass.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Yep . . . I'm lost. There's no way I can get to a computer until maybe four or later now, and the site won't let me check back to see the older posts.

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm attempting to keep an archive of posts on my computer. I would be happy to post them on a new OOC forum. I've done it for another roleplay, and it worked out simply enough.

EDIT: @Astro: I guess having a groupie makes it interesting. ^-^

Who wants to guess what songs Aemyle sings? Hint: Not all of them will be originally English. :P
Last edited by EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm

@Adversary:
Yeah I hate when that happens. Anyway, if no one else does it before I get to a computer, I could try to summarize what happened. If you want me to. And your signature made me lol. Yeah lol. I use text speak.

@Astro:
Thanks. I can wait till someone/something pisses her off again. I like it when she's pissed off. :3

((oops. Never mind Adversary. :D))

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

@Adversay (about your signature) I agree with your siggy, however, l337 Speak does make for excellent passwords. *nods*

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toaster on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I should probably pop into this more often to see some updates, I want to be in the loop seeing as how this is one of the first roleplays I have actually been interested in. Well, I've been interested in quite a few, but this is the first one in a while that I've stopped being lazy long enough to partake. Haha! Sounds pretty pitiful...

Toaster
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist

I should probably pop into this more often to see some updates, I want to be in the loop seeing as how this is one of the first roleplays I have actually been interested in. Well, I've been interested in quite a few, but this is the first one in a while that I've stopped being lazy long enough to partake. Haha! Sounds pretty pitiful...

Toaster
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist

Toaster
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Sorry guys, I'm back and junk.

@Adversary along with what Eikou suggested, I was gonna do a day by day report of the events from Demetri's perspective, but that wouldn't be until the end of the day though -_-.

@Tobinator XD well, I'm honored that that you're here anyway.

I'm gonna post in like five minutes.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!