Forum rules
Please be cautious about posting personal information!

Fantasy RP Wanted! (Advanced/Literate)

Topic Tags:

If you need roleplayers for your roleplay, this is the forum to post your "Seeking Players" topic.

Fantasy RP Wanted! (Advanced/Literate)

Postby ShadowWake on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 am

Right, guys. I need some help.

I really, really, really want to take part in another high fantasy roleplay - you know: magic, evil, demons, faeries, elves, dwarves, mages, dragons, monsters, blah blah blah...

The trouble is... *wait for it* ...I have actually run out of ideas. No shit. I have about a dozen different novels/short stories here at home that I haven't managed to complete simply because I miss the dynamic interaction you get with roleplaying. But as it happens, my muse has decided that she wants to go on holiday and simply refuses to create something new for me to post up here and get my teeth stuck into.

So I figured I'd post my likes/dislikes here in the roleplayers wanted section in the hope that somewhere out there is a fellow fantasy fan brimming full of cool concepts that we can splurge onto a thread together. I like helping to bring things to life. :)

Now, I am currently in a very well-developed roleplay - "Freedom Forsaken" http://www.roleplaygateway.com/freedom-forsaken-t11591.html - that I absolutely adore and so may only be able to post once a week (though I can assure you the effort will be made to post more where I can).

I'm looking for something similar I guess, in the sense that I want something that can grow and develop the more we play it. I love new maps/worlds and exploration/quest roleplays as it gives such a fabulous freedom to the storyline (in fact, I ended up with 3 more characters than expected in Freedom Forsaken because of that reason). As you can see from the previous comment, I am very happy playing more than one character at once and will play any sex/age/race depending on what I think fits. I am literate (at least I like to think so) and can't stand text-speak or poor spelling/grammar. If in doubt, paste your post into a word document and get the spell-checker on it; I treat all my roleplays as fledgling novels and just as I wouldn't have poor spelling in a book, I don't tolerate it in a roleplay. Sorry. :P

Ok, so less of the general and more of the nitty-gritty: onto what I like/don't.

Likes (in order of preference):
High Fantasy/General Fantasy = the whole caboodle. We're talking medieval magic here, elves, goblins, demons, mages, alchemists, dragons, swords, castles, riding horses everywhere - just general stereotyped fantasy.

Surreal Fantasy = alternate realities, living through your dreams... this is where the imagination really explodes. As in my sci-fi comments below, as long as things are described initially, I'm happy with pretty much anything.

Sci-Fi/ Sci-Fi Fantasy = love it, though I'm not really technological... I've watched a few sci-fi programs/films but I'm not going to understand necessarily what a dampening field will do so I'm happy with new-fangled technologies/alien races etc as long as they are simply described!

Post-Apocolypse = I really enjoy survival roleplays - though the whole zombie thing not so much - and often my favourite post-apocolyptic roleplays are those that smush futuristic "OMG, nuclear fall-out" with fantasy "F*ck, I have to kill stange monster things with my sword..."

Traditional race pairings = ok, I'm going to be quite tentative with this. I like Vampire/Werewolf and Angel/Demon roleplays (and all of those paired with Humans/Elves) but I really hate stereotypes or fan-fiction based on these. Yes, if you want to recreate a celestial war then do so, but if Templars get involved, you'll lose my interest pretty quickly. If you want to battle it out with the Vamps and Lycans, then sure, I'll jump in, but bring out Underworld/Twilight and I shall pick up my skirts and run as far and as fast as I can. Use your imagination peeps - there's so much you can do with these races that hasn't been done yet!

Modern Fantasy = modern day but with magic involved. I think the Harry Potter concept is the closest comparison - not the actual story though: as you can tell, I'm not too keen on fan-fiction!

Dislikes (in no particular order):

Fan-Fiction = I roleplay to satisfy the urges of my imagination at present. If I ever do anything based on a book, it is just that: very loosely based, similar concept, no canon characters, etc. You may be able to convince me to do one but you'll be better off twisting it slightly and noting that some of the concepts involved are from "such-and-such" to get me to join.

High-School = occasionally, yes. Over one of my likes? Never in a million years. I don't mind starting in school, but frankly, unless reality rips the school apart and sends it into another dimension where you need to slay demons for homework, I don't bother. I've done school for 13 years and university for 3 years: I've satisfied my educational urge and I don't particularly want to do it all over again in my free time...

One-on-One Romance = if two characters in a roleplay develop an emotional relationship with each other, that's fine - it's character progression. But I will not base a whole roleplay on just "boy/girl 1 likes boy/girl 2 but boy/girl 3 is always getting in the way - will their relationship survive?" Nope. Nada. Never. Bleurgh. And a relationship is a relationship: it develops. Love at first sight is fine but that does not necessarily mean everything is hunky-dory right from the off...

I have just a couple of other things to note:

- I am happy with romance in my roleplays but please do remember that this site has a PG-13 rating. Feel free to insinuate - after all, I'm not adverse to my roleplays going quite dark (there was all sorts going on in FF... bloody seductive, evil telepaths) - but no lewd behaviour, please. Subtlety is always best. ;)

- Like I said above, I am very happy to go dark with my roleplays, which means I am certainly not adverse to violence, gore, psychological horror, torture, etc. However, think of it as thus: Lord of the Rings versus the Saw series. Yay to the former, no way to the latter. I'm talking context here.

- I do swear. It's an awful habit, I know, but it can really add emphasis in the right situation (the evil, seductive telepaths mentioned above for example are often refered to as 'bitches' or 'whores'). So swearing is a yay, but don't overuse it - it can get tiring if you're too overenthusiastic and use it for no reason...

And I think that's pretty much it! If you've managed to read through the whole of this, then you're probably someone I'd like to roleplay with. I like people who take time to read and look deeply into things as often that's reflected in their character and thus the roleplay too. So, yeah: any ideas that you have/want to expand on/need more characters or roleplayers for, either pop a post here or send me a PM. :D

I look forward to (hopefully) roleplaying with y'all!

~SW. x
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Re: Fantasy RP Wanted! (Advanced/Literate)

Postby flickery on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 am

I don't have much to say except, take a look and like it. :]

written-osar-the-prophecy-t25628.html

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 6 years

Ooh, that was quick! I've read the first post so far of the IC and love the idea of it; I'm reading the OOC now and will finish reading the IC later tonight. I'm always a little nervous introducing a character this far in to a roleplay (to put it simply, I don't want to cock up!) but once I've read it, I'll know whether I can feasibly slip a character in! If you're happy with me doing that, then I'll PM you a profile once I've finished reading everything and you can then judge whether it's worthy enough, lol. :D
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Oh and as a side-note, I'll probably go for an Osarian to balance it out a bit. :) But we shall see.
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Re: Fantasy RP Wanted! (Advanced/Literate)

Postby flickery on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:31 am

We shall see indeed. :]
flickery
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.