Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

More Than Ever Before

FAQ & Updates|| More Than Ever Before

a part of “More Than Ever Before”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

Tons of chumps speculate what comes after life, but I'll bet they weren't expecting this shit.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “More Than Ever Before”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

FAQ & Updates|| More Than Ever Before

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:02 am

LINKS: Tabβ‡žβ‡ž OOCβ‡žβ‡ž FAQ & Updates β‡žβ‡ž People
STATUS: Accepting β‡žβ‡ž Full β‡žβ‡ž Open β‡žβ‡ž Complete β‡žβ‡ž Dead

Alright, this is gonna be an archive of all the roleplay related questions you guys have thrown at me so that we can spread the wealth of Average info. It'll also be where I'll say what powers other roleplayers are thinkin' of (as far as I know) so you know not to write a whole character on that same exact power. That's like wearing the same dress as your frenemy at Prom. And what happens next? She's dancing with YOUR boyfriend and they become the Queen and King by the end of the night, leaving you to walk home in the rain as they ride past in a limo. Yeah. That bad. So anyway, this obviously won't contain stuff regarding the content/plot of the story because, welp, that's hidden like Maid Marian's virginity. As in I've literally locked them into her chastity belt.
Last edited by Averagebear on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: FAQ & Updates|| More Than Ever Before

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:11 am

QUESTIONS ASKED AS OF 11/27/11 AT 11:20 am

• Q#1) Hi, quick question. Are we all to be recently dead?
    Well, it's much easier that way. If you're up for me hassling you with extra info and the such, you could probably be someone who died a while ago and for some ungodly reason is deciding to work with Griff by choice. Basically, it could be worked out if you reeeally wanted it.

• Q#2) You threw me off in the character sheet by saying, 'a drawn piece of art.' By this, anime will work, right? I got thrown off because when you say that, I think of a sketch or something. I'm sorry for being dumb about this. >< It's probably really obvious, but I had to ask.
    Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Anime most definitely will work. It's not EXCLUSIVELY anime, though. I didn't want anyone to see me say, "anime images only" and then feel too discouraged to put something that's been illustrated but isn't gloriously animu. I really could've worded that better...

• Q#3) Even though my character will be technically dead, is it still possible that he have a condition; like, for example (or not so much), colorblindness?
    I don't see a problem with it as long as you're okay with my characters tricking him into wearing clothes that are hideously unmatched. >:) NOTE: Answered more thoroughly in next question.

• Q#4) Oh, kind of going with the colorblindness question, do their new bodies carry over any scars they got in their last life? Or are they all shiny and new and undamaged?
    When they first cross over, they'll be pretty much exact replicas of their old selves, scars and freckles and unfortunate lumps included. After a while of being in Ever, it sorta polishes everyone into being their most ideal selves (physically, at least) and these marks'll disappear the same time their bodies become less translucent.

• Q#5) Is Ever a pure fantasy setting? Does that mean no technological marvels like the modern firearm? Thanks.
    Ever isn't purely fantasy, but "technology" is certainly stunted in the electronic sense. With magic and the such around, advances in that sort of stuff weren't as necessary as on Earth, and actually rather subpar to other forms of technology (and I mean that in the broad sense, now). However, you could definitely find a gun or two for your character to wrangle with. It's not obsolete- just not boomin', if that makes any sense.
Last edited by Averagebear on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 am

POWERS BEING CONSIDERED (THAT I KNOW OF) AS OF 11/27/11 AT 11:20 am

• Inter-dimensional Weapon Closet: You see, this ability allows someone to pull a weapon from an inter-dimensional arsenal with infinite space. Anything classified as a weapon can be stored into it by the person. The limitation to this power? You must be touching the object in order to store it.

• Clairvoyance: For that to work though, I'd need some assistance from you, seeing as I don't know what's going to happen in the roleplay. I was thinking to start off with visions and being able to locate the other members of the "team" by concentrating, and as she grew to include gaining information from touching people or objects. I was hoping, if you agree to it, for you to occasionally send me a PM with snip-its of upcoming events, or things she could see when touching certain objects? Obviously I'm not asking for you to reveal the entire plot or ruin any fun surprises you have planned, just enough to make her power seem plausible and not completely useless, hehe. Maybe use her as a tool to send the characters in a certain direction?

• Turnin' things into other things: That is to say, she can turn stools into bubbles, or doors into jell-o, or a cup into a rock, stuff like that. If (I'm pretty sure I read that it is so, but as I said, I am tired) powers are progressive, then I was thinking she would start out only being able to change inanimate objects into other inanimate objects, about the same size. Then towards the peak of her powers she would finally be able to turn animals into other animals, pebbles into boulders, ecs., though the bigger the difference between the original and the final, the more energy it takes from her, and changing living creatures almost always completely knocks her out.

• Animating: As in, I guess you could say, he can bring things to life. He gives inanimate objects like a teapot the ability to think, feel, move and all that fun stuff of its own free will. Again, if power are progressive, I was hoping he would eventually be able to draw things and give them life, in a way that would basically make them able to walk right off the page and into reality, so to speak. This of course would take a great bit of practice, not to mention experimentation for him to even be able to figure out, let alone do with much skill, or even any. Also, the objects he gives life to only have the amount of energy he gives them, and obviously, that energy is taken away from him. Once they run out of that energy, they go back to their original state- in the drawings' case, they just kind of disappear and end up back on the paper, looking like they've been half erased. Basically the guy just kind of hopes that whatever he animates will obey him/be on his side, or at the very least that they'll run out of energy before doing any real harm to him or the cause.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 pm

QUESTIONS ASKED AS OF 11/28/11 AT 12:57 pm

• Q#6) -If they die nekkid, will the apper in Ever nekkid?
    THEY SURE WILL.

• Q#7) OKAYSO, am I right in thinking that, though there are all sorts in Ever (ghouls, witches, etc.), our characters are to be strictly human?
    To answer your question, not EVERYBODY has to be a human. There can be, I'll say, two exceptions (and one of them is already filled by someone whose writing abilities I'm very sure of). If you have an idea, shoot me a PM!

• Q#8) For armor, can we use a picture or do you require description?
    If you have any at all, just a picture will definitely work. I personally am not filling that portion out very long, ahahaha.

• Q#9) I'm not really sure how to find the weight for the swords I'm using as her main weapon. I did some major googling but to no avail. Do you have any reference sites or something you could link me?
    Meh, I'm not very good with combat either, truthfully. You can just... guesstimate. I seriously doubt anyone will know, hahahaha. Or you can write in there "Average hereby grants me permission to keep this slot empty, MOFOS!"

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 pm

POWERS BEING CONSIDERED (THAT I KNOW OF) AS OF 11/28/11 AT 1:05 pm

• Phasing: Not sure what to call it but in essence - Ghost like abilities, or phasing rather. He'd have the ability at first to make smaller extremities of his body, such as just a hand or arm intangible. He could use this for example stick a hand through a door and unlock on the other side, or even through perhaps a person and damage them internally. As it progressed, I figure he could make more of himself intangible and at his peak even possess other's bodies for a short time while leaving the shell of himself somewhere where it is extremely vulnerable. The intangibility would eventually if he could focus on it, make him imperceptible by all the senses. Ect

• Super Strength: Maybe the quirk to the super strength is that it goes in time with her heart beat? Not entirely, I mean, but when her heart's beating faster, she gets SUPER strong (and accidentally breaks stuff if not in combat). Awwwww, that makes me think of her being around a crush. She'd, like, go to open a door for him/her and tear it off its hinges and therefore make herself all flustered and junk. Hahahahahaha. Vice versa could be said about when it's beating slower, though. So if anyone wants to foil her plans, they just gotta get that sucker DRUNK. Mwuahahaha.

• Morphing: The abilities to transform, or morph into anything she wishes. It does have quite a bit of a weakness to it at times, but it is there all the same. It is simple to understand, let me explain. In order to do this she must have the right mindset. Her power consists of imagining something, and then becoming what she imagined to become. Anything, from inanimate objects, to people, to things she's written down in words, to creatures she's drawn on paper and in her mind. This is the reason for her black journal. This calls for an intense amount of concentration, if she does not concentrate on every single detail of what she is becoming, it could turn out very... Very… Badly for her. If she is creating something she can become, she must think about it for more than a few seconds. It doesn't just go. BOOM! I'm a unicorn! She has to think of the weight, the height, and every single physical feature. It is easier for her to turn into things that are already created, like humans that are alive, or already have pictures... If she stays in the guise too long, she'll begin to forget who she is, so she always makes sure to stay in it for only two days, forty eight hours. Her journal is her way of becoming things she has created, if she loses it she'll have to start all over again, it is extremely precious to her. The power is called, "Illuse", she is not sure why, but that is what she named it.

• Sin Eater: Sieben doesn't smile often but those around him do. He is a joy to talk to and just being around him makes a person feel good. In conversation he offers insightful, poignant interjection that makes sadness and insecurity melt away. But if you have a true problem, something awful and heavy that is a cross to bear; Sieben will hear your plight and take hold of your burden for you. In truth he takes the negative emotions that plague a person and stores them in himself giving the person great emotional wealth. The more you are around him the more you would go out of the way to make sure he is always there to solve your problems and if a person has to be hurt to make it happen, so be it. Side effects of letting Carl take your sins can be giddiness or even elation with after-notes of bravado and lack of personal safety.

• Reflexes: Zuzu is very agile with almost ninja assassin like reflexes, she favors the use of anything with strings, something quiet that that she can come in close and take care of what ever foe she may face. Her childish appearance and nature throw people off and they believe her to be harmless, so it makes it easy for her to get in close to someone and their dead before they know the wiser. Zuzu enjoys this part the most the art of deceiving someone. She loves that they think she is a harmless little girl and feeds of it, making her want to do it even more. It's an adrenalin rush to her, and give her a euphoric feeling every time she experiences it, like a drug to a junky she can't get enough and if she doesn't it can cause her to go into an almost state of withdrawal.

• Barriers: I was thinking I'd go for creating barriers. It'd be command-oriented and based on details; for example if my character doesn't specifically say she wants the barrier to stop/deflect bullets, it won't. Likewise, If she said 'stop everything!', oxygen, radiation and all that life-sustaining jazz wouldn't make it through, so she'd pretty much die of suffocation and stuff. She'd also have to specify how long the barrier stays up and visualize it's shape/size. If she runs out of energy to keep it running (but had said to keep it up longer than that) she'd end up fainting for whatever time left until it disappears.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!