Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

(IC) Fight or Flight

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: (IC) Fight or Flight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Alex stared down at the large bag that Niko struggled into the room and dropped on the floor.
"Damn".
"Damn is right!", Niko responded, "Mind if I stay here for a bit bro?".
"Dude, in the short time I've known you, we went through hell and back to get to this mall in one piece, if I ever had a problem with someone being around me, it sure as hell wouldn't be you, so yes, you can stay". Alex responded with a grin.
Alex unzipped the bag and emptied the contents from the main luggage onto the carpet.
"Oh...god..", he muttered.
"Told you". Niko chimed in.
The contents he dumped out look like a druggy's wet dream, pain killers, muscle relaxers, Syringes filled with Morphine, adrenaline, and cortisone littered the floor.
With wide eyes, Alex scooped it all back into the bag and opened the side pouches which held gauze, band-aids, bandages, disinfectants, anti-biotic creams and stitches, he then closed them and placed the heavy bag on the top shelf of the storage closet.
"I've got more drugs than I know what to with..."Alex mumbled as he shut the closet.
Just then, Bishop walked in.
"You wanted to see me?", he asked Alex.
"Yeah, just take a seat on the bench", he motioned to the padded bench Mason had slept on. "I just need to check your vitals".
"How ya feelin' Bishop?", Niko asked.
"Pretty good", Bishop knew Niko was concerned about him snapping again and hurting someone, and Bishop also knew that's why Alex called him in here.
Alex moved his smaller kit off the bench as Bishop sat down and opened it on the floor, taking out a small oral thermometer and his pocket flashlight.
He handed the oral thermometer to Bishop, who slid it under his tongue, then looked straight ahead, knowing what Alex needed to do with the flashlight.
Alex turned the flashlight on and held the light in Bishop's right eye, then his left. The thermometer beeped, showing it was done reading Bishops temperature.
Niko leaned forward as Alex read the thermometer.
"Whatcha looking for?", he asked the medic.
"Stim-degradation causes symptoms like raised body temp. because it screws with your brain and throws off your homeostasis, tricking your body into thinking it has an infection without the symptoms of any illness, thus insanely high body temp without cause. It also causes slight dilation of the pupils, almost like someone has a concussion, except both eyes stay enlarged instead of one, that's the adrenaline working overtime." Alex said, looking at Bishop. "Degradation can also cause flashes of rage, depression and some early cases even showed thoughts of suicide...but all your vitals check out fine Bishop, but if you feel any of these symptoms, come to me right away so I can keep an eye on you, I think you'd rather get plugged with morphine than plugged with bullets", Alex said as he threw everything back in the kit and placed it on the office desk.
"You guys hungry?", Niko said, breaking the silence.
Bishop didn't say anything, but Alex nodded.
''Lets get something to eat". Niko clapped his hands together and left the "Doctors office", followed shortly my Alex and Bishop.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Mason Steele

As Mina's lips pressed against his, the warm rush that flooded through Mason's body, shattered his cool, calm exterior, he suddenly felt like a school boy having his first kiss (which indeed, in his screwed up life, this was his first kiss). At first Mason felt uncomfortable, for he had built his hard, calculating, calm personality when his mother was murdered and he killed his step-father, it was a way to keep his raging torrent of blood-lust and insanity locked away for when he needed it. When Mina's kiss unlocked that cage, Mason was afraid it would be like unleashing a wolf on a lamb, it had been so long since he had been his true self that he didn't know what to expect. To his relief, he found warmth and something deeper...maybe it was the beginning of something more than friendship?
As Mina slowly pulled her lips away from his, Mason opened his eyes and found her smiling at him.
"That wasn't a dream," , she said to him.
For awhile, all Mason could do was sit back and smile. He knew he probably looked ridiculous, but it was almost euphoric, the feelings he had, feeling he hadn't felt after his mother died, and yet again, feelings he had never felt before.
"Uh, I feel like I should ask you on a date...", Mason said, scratching his head and still smiling like an idiot.
Mina just giggled.
Mason decided that no matter how many degraded stood in his way, he wouldn't let anything happen to Vilhelmina, he had already lost someone close to him before all of this.
He wouldn't let that happen again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 am

Roland stopped again when Alice turned and called out to Skulls. What the hell? He couldn't blame here, though. Her sincerity about him staying with them, that is. Unless he missed his guess, he had saved her life. He could understand her wanting to keep him alive, too. Even if they had been the greatest of enemies before all this madness caused by Stim, they were now on the same side. They both were survivors. But from how he was talking... Skulls was getting to the end of his rope. A year or two of slaughtering zombies, more or less, after many years of being the baddest bad ass of the modern world... Skulls had to be exhaust. Physically, mentally, any way one could be. However, Roland had an idea. He hesitated at first, but as Skull's finally drew near his schpiel, Roland was able to manage his thoughts aloud half-heatedly.

"Why don't you tag along with us anyway... I'm sure eventually, you'll find your perfect place to rest... until then, well, she wants you around," he said as he looked over and locked eyes with Alice for a moment. "And you're one hell of a fighter. If she, me, or any of us is going to survive, having you around will certainly help out..." There was a brief silence. "Anyway, we'll be scrounging up something in the food court if you want us." With that, Roland turned and began to walk away in the direction they'd been heading.

Since they'd gotten back to the mall, Roland had gradually been gaining more and more caution and disdain for this Skulls, guy. He hadn't really been bothered by him before their arrival. He assumed his blow to Bishop was to smack him back into unconsciousness to save them all, and perhaps Bishop as well, which is exactly what happened. However, he meant what he said, even if it was hard to say. Roland would win one and lose either way Skulls chose. So Roland decided not to care too much whether he stayed or left. It wasn't up to him anyway. It was out of his hands. He decided to forget about it for now, since the topic irked him so much, and focused just on getting himself and Alyssa some food.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina and Mason listened as best they could to the strange conversation in the mall. They didn't hear a lot but they got the gist of things. It didn't really matter. Mina was just curious to hear about what was going on down below. When it finally stopped, Mina went ahead and responded to Mason. She was going to, but the outburst from elsewhere in the mall caused her to stop and wait.

"Well," she said as turned back to face him with a smile. She noted the slightly confused expression on Mason's face and giggled mentally. "You can always take me to the food court, right?" Comprehension returned to Mason. Mina persisted to smile. It had been so long since she'd had a reason to be this giddy and smile this much. She could probably count the times she smiled in the past couple years since the Stim collapse on her hands. She didn't know a whole lot about this man yet, but she wanted to. So far he was pleasant, and he had taken such care of her before. [Go ahead and add to this. In my post, I'm jumping to when they leave.]

Mina stood up after Mason did, and she wobbled over. Fortunately, Mason was there to fall onto. "Thanks," she said as she stabled herself on the bench. She must have gotten up too fast, or something. She'd barely been any amount of recovered at all before the craziness and exhausting-ness of the Police station and the events after. She was trying to do too much, too early on. She' really need to focus on giving her body a much needed, long break. Hopefully she'd get it. Mason needed it, too. Even if he didn't admit it, she could tell. They were both recovering together from being thrashed about and running for their life.

The two slowly made their way to the food court.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 pm

On the way to the food court, Niko bumped into SKulls and insisted that he come down to eat with them. Which took a while, but in school Niko was known for his persistence. Once inside the Food Court Niko noticed Mina and Mason walking up behind him. Alice and Roland already sitting down. He threw his hands up. "Looks like a party! Who brought the beer?" He pulled a chair up to the table where Roland was and sat down. He winked at Roland and gave him a playful punch in the shoulder. Looking at everyone, he was amazed. At first it was only him, Alex and Daniel in this mall. Now there were eight! He'd spent so many months alone up until a couple of days ago. He didn't even think there was this many people still alive in the world. Even if he did, he never thought they'd ever find each other. Though he was grateful, he felt sad. How many people had he lost already? His brother. Daniel. Who'd be next?

"So, what is this? An impromptu Mall Rat meeting?" he kidded.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 am

Roland looked to the sprightly young man as he chewed with a questioning expression. He swallowed and then sipped some water before answering. "Not that I'm aware of," he said, still wearing a visage of perplexity. Most everyone was here, but it wasn't meant to be a meeting. Just a happenstantial gathering for food. However...

Mina had noticed that almost everyone in the mall, except Alex and Bishop, were present. She'd been pondering something this whole time while she ate. She would need to tell them at some point or another, and in some way or another. She might as well now. "Well," she began. Everyone looked over to her and she paused while she thought of the words to say. "I do have something I need to bring up to everyone... something to discuss..." Roland raised his eyebrows in wander.

"Really?" Roland said. "Well, now seems to be the best time, so... shoot."

"Alright..." Mina began. "When all this happened... when everything fell apart..." those present expressed some sort of understanding at the second comment." I was on tour. We were performing in Tampa, Floria. I got away with a close friend and fellow band member...-"

"She is Mina Hilden from Covenant of Fire, for those of you who don't know." Roland added. Mina smiled at him shyly before continuing. Roland just kicked back smugly.

"Anyway... he and I escaped and we headed always in a Northward direction. He had told me that he had gotten reliable information that heading as far north as possible was what we should do to survive..." There was a silence for a few moments as the group took this in. "That's how I stumbled into this city. I've been following the river for most of the way, and have always been heading North."

"Well," Roland started. "It does make some sense, too, that there would be fewer people in the harsher environment, as well as the harsh environment itself..."

"You have to be smart to live way up there," Bishop added as he staggered over and sat down. Roland grinned.

"That you do."

"Yes," Mina continued. "And I plan to go there. I only planned to stay here a night, two at most. I was in desperate need of supplies. I stopped here to restock."

"You'll, at least, be better suited for the North," Roland said to her with a wink. The Scandinavian reference was not lost on her, causing her to smile warmly, but she also was reminded of home. The melancholy was ever so slightly present in her expression. Several moment later she continued.

"So, if there is anyone who wants to come with me, you may do so. I owe it to him to try and survive, and I believe in his words. I will understand if anyone wants to stay, but I am going regardless of anyone's decision." Mina looked around from face to face. "That's all... you don't have to decide right away. Due to recent events. I'm a little unfit for travel. I will stay here a few days until I'm back to full strength. Then, I'm continuing North."

Mephisto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm

"So, if there is anyone who wants to come with me, you may do so. I owe it to him to try and survive, and I believe in his words. I will understand if anyone wants to stay, but I am going regardless of anyone's decision."Mina said, "That's all... you don't have to decide right away. Due to recent events. I'm a little unfit for travel. I will stay here a few days until I'm back to full strength. Then, I'm continuing North."

Mason was stirring a plastic bowl of some kind of alphabet soup with a plastic spoon as he listened to Mina explain her plans.
"I'm going with you", he said, still staring down at the soup. "I don't know how you'd survive the trip without me", he continued, grinning at his jest, then spooning a mouthful of the now lukewarm soup into his mouth.
Mason looked up at her.
"Sorry to disappoint you, Mina, but your stuck with me", he said, smiling.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 am

"i don't know about that..."Niko piped up. "I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything, but we kind of have everything we need here...clothes...food-more or less-, electricity- though it could run out soon- SOAP! This hair.." He pointed to his head, completely serious. "Cannot survive without conditioner. I don't know how I've managed this long..." to himself he wondered...wouldn't it be worth it to escape the Stims though? He'd have to risk giving up the gadgets for a simpler life...but wouldn't it be worth it? "I-I just don't know about it..."

Alyssa on the other hand was a bit more eager to jump on the idea. She'd been awake in this post apocalyptic Chicago for a couple of days and she'd never wanted to get away from this city more than she did right now. Those people...the Stim-crazies..they scared the hell out of her. She wasn't one to lay down and let someone else kill her, but she didn't feel at all comfortable with killing anyone else either. "How far north do you intend to go? If You're heading towards Canada...we can get there by boat. My parents owned a decent sized sail boat. We used to sail around the bay with friends and family. It was too big and slow for the Chicago/Mackinaw sailboat race...but I'm sure it could fit all. If everyone decided to go at least." Her eyes strayed towards Skulls and Niko. "A hunter..it only has two bedrooms, but it has a bathroom and a kitchen....Well, if it's still even there." The fact that some time had passed since she was a young cop trying to calm a riot was still hard to accept for her. "How much time has passed since this all happened anyway....."

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:04 am

Mina smiled at Mason's words. She didn't really mind being stuck with the man who saved her life. "Oh, rats," she said at his last statement. She said it with mock and exaggerated disappointment. Then she listened to Niko and Alyssa's words. She could tell Niko still needed some time to work things out for himself. That was good. To her, that meant he wasn't stupid. That was obvious regardless, though, since he had also survived this long to have this conversation. Alice, however, we much more eager. And she even had a boat?! This would prove to be most beneficial. She was glad she brought this up.

Roland and Bishop were also supportive. Alex must be on his way down since he sent Bishop out. Hopefully he'd see reason in it, too. Mina now waited for Skull's answer, though it really didn't matter in the long run. Everyone was either undecided, or down for the plan to try and survive elsewhere. After all, their supplies would deplete eventually. And they would all ultimately die at some point. And another cold fact was that they really weren't safe in Chicago. They were in this mall, but maybe for a week tops. That's when they'd need to risk much danger and seek supplies. They all might as well try what had been serving Mina well these past couple years. Scavenging as you go along. Not staying in one place very long at all.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Alex had walked up behind the group in the food court, eating a package of stale saltines and heard the back-end of the conversation.
"Huh?", he said through a mouthful of crackers, drawing the gazes of the group.
"Mina is planning on continuing farther north", Mason explained, "She's willing to bring whoever wants to come, which is most of us".
Everyone continued to stare at Alex, he was the field medic and doctor for this little group of survivors, the one with the most medical experience, meaning his decision would weigh heavily on the survival chance of all of them.
Alex chewed slow, then swallowed.
"I suppose I really don't have a choice, seeing as most of you are planning on accompanying Ms.Vilhelmina....Looks like I'll be going to", he finally said.
"Besides, you'd all get sick and die horrible deaths if I didn't come along", the medic jabbed at them in an attempt at humor.
Alex sat down beside Mason and looked at the others. He was too jaded by the horrors he had seen, both at war and back home, pre and post apocalypse, to admit he was attached to this little group.
This little family.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 am

“Screw the North I’m headed South. If any of you have the basic understanding of survival why so few people live in cold areas is because food is scarce…and you require heat to not die where as in hot areas you can survive in the shade. Though I don’t give a shit about where your all off to I have a nation to see and thus I shall see it… and face shit like a man instead of cowering in the icebox.” Skulls said standing up he started walking out of the food court. “One must walk through the Valley of Death to know salvation. They must face it head on… with out fear or doubt one must have accepted their life is but a flip of a coin and push forward unhindered by the pathetic existence of fear… I can’t stand this shit… cowards all around.” He walked off kicking in a window to the Sporting store to acquire himself some good old long lasting camping ration before laying down in a hammock. Kids… he remembered when he was a kid these were nothing like the ones back home… they lived and died like men, fighting.
And… Here… We… Go..!

If I kill you in a forest and there isn't a law against it... is it murder?

I got 99 Souls but a Witch ain't one.

Need more players for my newest role-play World War Five If interested please join.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 am

"Exactl-" Mina was cut off as the crazy mister Skulls continued. She waited till he stormed off. She kept her disbelieving eyes on him until Mason brought her back to the rest of them.

"So," he began, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You were saying?"

"O- oh, yes." Mina re-situated herself and then looked up to address everyone. "Well, as he just said there is a lack of food and it's not as comfortable of an environment... and as Bishop said, you have to be smart to survive there..." she paused. "We are smart. They... I refuse to believe there will be that many living up there, especially since less people live there to begin with. Ideally, we'd want to get to Greenland, but that might be way later down the line, if at all..." she ended and there was a silence for a bit while everyone thought it over.

"Well, it makes sense to me," Bishop said. Roland nodded as well.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:01 am

"Goddammit!" Niko exclaimed. "Then I have to go if Alex is going. I'm not looking after myself when I get sick." Alex going was a plus. Niko had actually reached the conclusion on his own. If everyone else was moving on then there would be no reason for him to stay there on his own. He wasn't even native to Chicago. All the hopes he had and the dreams he'd looked forward to accomplishing in the previous years had all been washed away by a little chemical formula called Stim. With everyone gone, there would be nothing left for him here. There would be no point.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Alex reached over and gave Niko an apologetic pat on the shoulder.
"I guess it's settled then", Mason said after draining what was left of the soup, "So whats the plan? We spend a couple of weeks resting and gathering the supplies we need before heading out?",
"We'll need a lot of food for the journey...and medical supplies", Alex added, "Thanks to two of our new friends, we have a surplus of medication and first aid", he continued, nodding at Alice
"So that's covered...it would also be wise to bring plenty of weapons and ammo", Bishop said.
"We can find plenty of food, weapons and ammo here...we haven't even explored the rest of it, and there are still storage rooms we need to bust open", Alex said, looking at the others.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 pm

"We will spend about a week, then, recovering and preparing for traveling." Mina began her conclusion." We'll need to pack light for obvious reason, but we can spread it out through all of us. I'm sure we can find some sturdy packs for all of us and start divvying up between then the supplies we have. Everything we find as we go along we can divide up as well. Bring everything you find that could be useful to the security booth, since it is apparently out unofficial base of operations. Hopefully we'll be out of here between seven and fourteen days." She paused for a bit before continuing.

"We should try to take it easy on our supplies while we're here to leave as much as we can for the trip. We should eat the most perishable things first." She paused again and looked around at the battered bunch who were listening to her intently. "And please, remember, everyone... rest. I know we have a lot to do, but really take it easy. We need to be as close to 100% as we can be before we head out."

They had all been straining themselves so hard lately, including herself. Everyone was forced to hyper-exert themselves frequently and often right as they were recovering from injury; once again, including herself. She could feel it really started to catch up with her. She decided the first thing she would do after this meeting would be to find a nice place to take an even nicer coma.

"That's it," she said after a brief silence." She grinned shyly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roland was definitely paying attention, however... he just couldn't shake what he felt between he and Alyssa. As well as Bishop, which he didn't realize until Alice came along. And he also felt it from Mason, too?! He must have been Stim-altered as well...

Midway during Mina's talk, Roland subtly signaled to Bishop in the system the marine had taught him early on in their partnership that he wanted Bishop to stay after with him and Alice. Bishop just nodded slightly.

Once Mina was done, she made to leave. Mason, of course, did as well. "Hey, there, uh... Mason, right?' Mason turned to Roland. "Can you stay behind for a bit?... It's nothing to worry about."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone was gone, save for the four positively affected Stim patients, Roland spoke softly. "Alright... so, up until I met you guys," Roland pointed energetically to Alice and Mason. "I didn't think anything of the kind of... bond that Bishop and I share. I figured it was normal of two guys just making their living in this shit-hole world we all now live in." He paused. "However, now that I've come in to contact with two other Stim-positives, I'm thinking that there is something far different going on here."

"Indeed," came Bishops usual simple, low response. "You're a police officer, " he said o Alyssa. "And you are another civilian patient, like Sven, here."

"Right," Roland said. He noted the slight surprise on Mason's face. He was no doubt bewildered. Roland paused a bit before pressing further. "So, is it just me? Or do all of you fell it, too?"

"I do," Alice replied. Roland knew that much. So he looked to Bishop, who was nodding as expect. Next he went to the one he was really curious about. Mason Steele.

"What do you feel?" Roland asked him curiously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina finally stumbled upon a bed store, which appeared someone had already found, but she didn't care. It was definitely the best choice for a place to sleep in the entire mall. Her expression brightened immensely and her mouth dropped, letting in a rush of air in audible disbelief. She excitedly went from mattress to mattress, not a care in the world, stroking the top of every mattress. She plopped down on some of them and rolled around. It had been so long since she had really even seen a bed, let alone slept in one. Sure, she'd come across them occasionally in her travels. But these ones were more or less brand new beds, and top notch.

She finally found herself on some super fancy, queen-sized one in the back corner of the store. She pulled back the comforter, sat down, removed her boots, and climbed inside. She let her unbelievably weary body settle into the soft, comfortable cushioning, and was out in under a minute.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

With being unconscious most of the time he had met Roland, Bishop, and Alice he hadn't felt much of anything, but now that he was alone with the other three stim-users, he did feel something, a slight pull at his consciousness, a sort of attraction...but different from what he felt towards Mina. This was more of a closeness, he felt like he had known them much longer than just the day or two he actually had.
Mason was quiet for a moment.
"Yes", he finally said. "I can't really describe it, but there's a pull I feel towards all of you". He ran a hand through his hair
"What do you suggest this might be? We're all stim-altered, I find this interesting...and a bit unnerving." Mason continued.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex walked to his temporary "Doctors" office, near the security room. Once inside, he immediately went to the large bag he placed in the storage closet and dumped it's contents on the table, and grabbed a pen and a roll of medical tape. He organized the different medications into respective groups: Syringes, pills, and liquids medication's then, placed each in a different pouch on the bag and wrote the contents of each pouch on a strip of medical tape and taped it to the front of each, labeling them. Following that, he labeled the main pouch in the middle of the bag , FIRST-AID, and neatly placed the stitches, medical tape, gauze and anti-bacterial creams in said pouch before zipping the bag up and placing in on the floor next to the desk chair he was sitting in.
The medic leaned back at the chair and sighed up at the ceiling.
It's been a long day, he thought to himself And in a week or so, we finally get to escape from this urban-hell and see the country, the thought made him...happy, something he hadn't felt in awhile.
Alex closed his eyes, wondering how much everything had changed, and remembering the things he wish hadn't. Before long, he was asleep.

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Skulls had assembled everything he needed from the Sports store dried fruit and nuts, dehydrated meals, powdered energy drinks and milk were great for a little luxury in the shit storm that was life… after that he walked up to where they entered locating his second bag he had dropped knowing full well this group would probably be digging through what ever he didn’t hide away. From it he took out several knew guarded and wrapped kitchen knives adding them to one of the duffel bags along with a multitude of bottled water. He decided to leave the chocolates as Florida was suppose to be hot… goo even chocolate goo was a bad thing to have all over your belongings after all. Once he was done picking at his old food supply bag he dropped it off in front of the security office… the others could get what they wanted from what was left. He then proceeded to open the door to the security room to pack what he wanted from the medical supplies he had brought with him.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:45 am

Alyssa wasn't sure how she was supposed to feel about what they were discovering. "I wonder what this all means..." She thought out loud. She knew that it was Stim that drove everyone crazy, but apparently Bishop and Roland had been using it for as long as the plague had been going on. If what Mason just said was true...that they had some kind of Stim-altered biology. Then that meant that it couldn't change their state of mind. Her minds eye suddenly switched to the moment on the roof when bishop was thrashing around on the floor. "Maybe being stim- altered just meant that our limitations with that stuff exceeds those of any average person. I wonder....if we could make some kind of anti-stim serum and return some people back to normal...."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the impromptu meeting he returned to the Apple store and dryly tapped away on a Mac in daze. Before doing anything he'd always tried to envision the turn out. Get a clear image in his head, so that he'd have something to work toward. Even in High school, he'd sit up alone at night staring at ceiling trying to picture what his future would be like. He wouldn't see anything. That still hadn't changed now.

"Tumatauenga e karanga e te iwi e," He sung quietly to himself. It was a song that his grandmother would sing whenever someone would pass away. She'd turn off all the lights and electronics in the house. Then she'd light candles and quietly sing that song. It was an old Maori tradition to sing it at funerals. But to Maori, much like christians, funerals were considered to be Home Goings. The moment when a soul returns to the universe and becomes reborn. 'E Karanga' is a song about love and revering those who died in battle. It's a song about survival, struggle and the will to continue forward. "Kua eke mai nei, kua eke mai nei---" He paused. He came upon a site with a strange web address.

http://cs.r2.com//l_v3

The site was pretty bland, but something about it interested, so he decided to dig. He hit a page with a list of Dates. Starting back from the year after the whole world went up in smoke. He hit the first entry. At the top left was the word 'ALIVE!!!" in bright bold bright red letters. The Bloggers name, Niko assumed. The rest of the page was filled with a few paragraphs. The first line began with:

I'm alive...I lived...I'm not going to die. I'm going to survive. I don't know if anyone else is, but I'm going to lay it out and tell you my story...

Niko finished reading the entry, thinking to himself. Toronto...North York...Scarborough... They seemed somewhat familiar...but he couldn't place it. Niko opened up another window and googled those names. He slapped hos forehead. "Of course!" He didn't understand why it didn't occur to him sooner. Those were cities in Ontario. There were survivors in Canda.

Well, a survivor at least.

Niko skimmed through a couple of the other entries. The guy was obviously a conspiracy theorist scrolled. Each entry was full of a million ideas about the governments involvement with Stim distribution. Niko finally scrolled down to the last entry Dated: 8/23/2020. That was only a couple of days ago. The entry was short and brief. He'd met up with other survivors "...one of them is a scientist from the CDC in Atlanta?!" He decided to read the rest out loud as if just reading it wasn't enough to believe it. "He told us about a facility in Thunder Bay where they're trying to restore...the human race..." Niko paused. Could what he was reading be true? Or had this guy gone completely nuts? "We'll be leaving in a week....wish us luck. -ALIVE!"

Niko was skeptical...but he decided to leave a comment. He didn't mean to make it so long, but he explained his situation and told their location. He was forcing himselt to not expect to much, but his entire body was shaking with hope. he decided that he needed to tell someone. Maybe they could meet up with them and head to that facility together? A second after he hit send and scrambled out of the apple store, looking for Roland.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:36 am

Roland paused for a bit. "I suppose it is theoretically possible... though... I don't think so... They took what we were and then gave us a serum which was a gene therapy that permanently altered us to have conscious control over a subconscious survival ability... our chromosomes are completely change. Our brains forever altered. It would be near impossible, in my thinking, to go back." He paused. "I mean, this isn't some kind of infection that can be cured." He knew what she was getting at. He'd seen those stories, too. "However, we might as well try, right?..."

"If they can some how catch one of the bastards... Bishop mumbled.

"...where there's a will, there's a way, right?" Roland concluded, trying to raise morale back up by ending on a hopeful note. Several more moments past, wile everyone thought about it all. "Well," Roland finally said while raised up out of his seat. "We'll figure everything out, especially this... thing, between all of us, in time." And hopefully, especially between us, Roland thought as he made eye contact with Alice last before leaving.

He then made his way into the mall with no particular goal. It wasn't long before he heard his name, causing him to whip up and look in the direction of the summoner. It was Niko. "Dude! You've got to see this!" Niko's pace slowed until he was in front of Roland. The boy was slightly winded. "Come with me," he said.

"Sure..." Roland said, unsure. He was calming down from his million thoughts that arrised from the initial cry. He had been prepared to flee since he thought that was maybe what Niko was doing. Perhaps the degraded had made their way in somehow. Fortunately, this was not the case. And so Roland made his way to the Mac store with Niko.

Upon arrival, the pair stood out front. Roland just stared at the place, stoically. "...here? Roland said after a few moments. Niko looked up at him. Roland didn't move. "Really, Niko? Heeere?"
Last edited by Mephisto on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:49 am

"Uhhhhhhhh NOOO!" Niko jumped over to the Mac. "Here!" Niko pointed at the blog. As Roland walked over, Niko explained. "I was just surfing and then I came across this site. Some guy who signs himself as ALIVE! has been writing this blog every since the whole Stim thing went global. It's scary, but the way he describes it in Toronto is exactly how it happened, here, in Chicago. Anyway, look at this. It was posted a couple of days ago." he pulled up the last entry. After Roland had a chance to read it, Niko began to talk again. "I know I sort of jumped the gun by commenting on his blog...but I was thinking...since we're going to be heading North anyway...we could check it out?"

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:29 am

Not sure what he meant by no when the kid was clearly taking him inside, Roland sighed and followed Niko into the typical plain, bland, pristine, Apple store. However, once Roland saw what Niko wanted to show him, he forgot everything else. He started reading with complete focus. His face was expressionless except for his slightly widened, and intensified eyes. After several long moments lost in thought, Roland finally responded to Niko.

"...yeah," he started. "If we are able top swing by there, it most definitely will be something to look into." He then stood erect again and stepped away from the laptop. "Good work, Niko," he said plainly as he momentarily put a hand on his shoulder as he pivoted to leave. He made his way out of the store and then headed out, en route to their makeshift headquarters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bishop sat in with Alex in the surveillance booth. There they could monitor the mall, inside and out, while they went through all the weapons possessed, making sure all were clean, functioning, and ready for action. There was the occasional comments and banter, but mostly silence.

Suddenly, Roland burst in and silently strode over and began to pull something up on a monitor. Niko was right behind him. The two soldiers sat their, stunned. After several moments, Roland backed away. "There you go, boys," he said as he turned to leave.

"The hell's this?" Bishop asked.

"Some light reading material," Roland called over his shoulder.

Roland then made his way to the bed store, where he spotted the lovely Mina, his star crush, sleeping in the back. With a gentle smile, he stopped and sighed. Oh how he'd dreamed of such situations. Now she was here before him, but he knew he most certainly should do nothing about it. Instead, he took to a queen on the opposite side of the store. He lay there for about ten or fifteen minutes as his body relaxed and his thoughts slowly calmed down. Then, he was fast asleep.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!