Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fresh out of the womb & looking for direction / Hi, I'm new!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Fresh out of the womb & looking for direction / Hi, I'm new!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JadeCharn on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Well, I'm new here, and ecstatic to be!
I suppose a little info on myself might be nice..
I'm Celi, and I love to roleplay as I've loved creative writing and storytelling all my life. :) -(my childhood basically consisted of jotting down character backstories and plots into spiral notebooks but always running out of room or perseverance to ever finish anything (which was fine by me!) :) )

Unfortunately, when I began roleplaying on one site I lacked enough self-motivation or courage to seek any real place for it, so my first/past 4 years have been on a dying flash game with a single RP lobby XD... It's what got me hooked on RP when I stumbled upon it in the end of its prime years, but everything since then hasn't been the greatest experience. Godmodding, altering other people's characters histories/genders/identities, permanently killing off characters and trolling them every time they tried to return.. Not too fun! (Miserable, actually, and I hated it but couldn't stop coming back for any source of RP I could get XP )
Not knowing anything different I just accepted this as the RP style I would have to deal with as my requests with my braver RPing 'real life friends' for recommendations of good RP sites for me didn't prove too fruitful.

Anyway (sorry for the weird backstory!), I'm thrilled to meet the wonderful people I've seen creating and commenting on this welcoming site, and with a new level of resolve and self respect I hope to join some legitimate RPs and build worlds with people I can really enjoy creating art with! ^_^

Super excited and grateful for this awesome fresh start!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JadeCharn
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Fresh out of the womb & looking for direction / Hi, I'm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 pm

It''s nice to see someone with a well formulated introduction and not a few sentence fragments peppered with emojis. I think as long as you go in to this site understanding that not every single roleplay will be gold, you'll do fine. Sometimes the characters don't click, sometimes boredom creeps in and lingers like a scary ghost. Keep at it, make friends and find people that are on par with your writing acumen. Have fun and welcome to the site!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!