Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Galactic Picasso

A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

a part of “A Galactic Picasso”, a fictional universe by TatersAndTots.

The universe is a dangerous place. Pirates, monsters, stellar phenomena... it seems it everything is trying to kill you! Despite the danger, many flourish. You, if you choose to join, will become one of these great nations. What happens next is up to you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Galactic Picasso”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 am

The Gm event is up! It is an excellent chance for some Spec Ops awesomness, while avoiding my fleet, which will be totally fucking up the system while your teams are frantically dodging pirates and each other. Its gonna be awesome. I will be playing both the pirates and my self btw. I think this will be fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

Oh yeah! Just as my Starcraft fever has started up too. That'll be interesting. Pirates Vs. Pirates too.
Umm, I have a rather cool, and i think unusual idea. Would that count to good posts as long as i Don't use it as a way to win. It does kinda seem slightly overpowered depending on how I play it.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 am

The point is a good story and not just to win. Have fun and be smart and I won't care. This basically means no godmodding or powerplaying, which are bad. There is a decent chance that the one who gets the Key will never even get to use it, with the things I have in store.
*evil face*

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:16 pm

There hasn't been a lot of activity lately...just curious why that is so as I'm eager to continue with this RP.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking the exact same... maybe its scary to post. You do need the right inspiration ad mood etc to write a good post in this i've realised. Maybe people are busy too.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

yeah, true, however it is better to at least say, "I need inspiration to post, or "Social life, need to work for a little while," so we know what is happening and can wait, and as far as for being scared of posting...Well it doesn't count for me, I find it entertaining.

Well, I'll be damned to see this RP go down this easily, it far too much fun!
Anyways, I'll see if I can keep some of the interaction between you (skyflying-falcon) and me going, as I have a good idea for what is going to happen, and if you want me to send u a pm with the basic things that ur spy can find in the society of the Maunkee, just let me know

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 am

right now friends and homework (6 hours of filming for a spanish project) tend to pull me away from posting, but I always check the OOC. Every day, no matter what. So... im still here even if I don't post in the IC.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah thats true Saxious. However not everyone thinks along those lines or something. I find it fun... probably the funnest part however is scaring little Tau people ha ha. That and making up a whole civilization. I wan't to make a new one now *smile of a little kid who has just been given more Lego*.

If this goes down I'll probably throw a virtual PM brick at anyone who let it... :P. Umm well we'll see if my spy actually makes it. BTW, your post says both transports are to the right... Just pointing it out if it wasn't intentional.

Thats good to know TNT (he he, new nickname... explosive) If we do anything wrong we know you'll point it out.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am

ah, cheers Skyflying-falcon, no it wasn't intentional, I just wrote it and then went back to add more details to the environment and the present characters.
Fixed it now.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Sorry for not posting, the number of posts I make is inversely proportional to the number of parties I attend. I'm also having trouble adapting to the new tab posting system, and I've had some trouble getting myself into the Qujoray mindset (it's really... REALLY hard to make everything threes when all you know is twos) So figuring out a way to react based off of their belief systems has drained me of my creative energies, so sorry if my posts turn out very boring for a while...

I think I can get into the groove of things at some point...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Sorry all that posting keeps me so long. I guess i have to leave this roleplay, since I fell like a answer would take me about a month to complete. I have a hard time concentrating on putting sentences together lately. You may still use my nation as an npc, smash it into pieces or adapt it, whatever you like. I admire your great roleplaying skills and hope that this roleplay won't die any soon. Maybe we see each other again in a "easier" roleplay or later.
Sorry again for not posting this earlier,
Tsoibe

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I claim:
Walhalla System (15; Rich)
Njörd - Agri-World - About a few thousand people
Freya - Population World - About 9 billion people
Loki - Mining World - About a few million people
Heimdall - Agri-World - About 3 billion people

and

Cerberus System (15; Rich):
Sija - Industrial World - About 3 billion people
Jases - Industrial World - About 3 billion people
Hedas - Population World - About 12 billion people
Hedas Moon - Pleasure World - About 300 milliard people

if no one will mind then...Of course, I'll write a few posts about how the Maunkee Empire eventually declares war on these systems and takes them with force, and I'll leave the rest for you guys to take.
Oh and hey, if anyone wants to claim any territories that I already claimed, just speak up and we can get to an agreement.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

I don't claim anything except plunder. Which i will acquire at my digression. Lets say during our diplomatic talks you mention something about a recent takeover attempt? I'll make the most of it, which probably means attacking your convoys... unknown to you however... hopefully.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

Sure, no problem, as long as I get the planets and their capabilities...and technology.

Just be aware that the raids will cause the Maunkee to heighten their security in that area, specifically (which will be explained later in another post)

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Well my nation isn't very interested in taking ground. I don't know if TNT will let you do that, if so I guess I'll be able to get some.
My nation would guess, they wouldn't actually know. So that would be a bit ill advisable to say that. Btw, you mentioned PMing what i could find with my spy. Could you? He is only on the space station and won't attempt to get anywhere difficult or raise attention to himself.
I'm going to wait a little while before i reply. After all we need to let others catch up, and I for one don't like having to read 2 whole pages of posts every time.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Apologies for not getting any posts sorted out (or finishing my char sheet, for that matter), RL got in the way (what was meant to be a trip down to london to see my mate for one last piss-up before he left the country turned into a long, and very messy, weekend, putting paid to catching up over the rest of the weekend ;)).

Baphomael
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

The Siridar Imperium claims:

Corak System,
Corak I - Population World - About 21 billion people
Corak II - Agri-Worlds - About 6 billion people
Corak III - Population World - About 15 billion people
Corak IV Moon - Research World - About 5000 people, sciencists + families

Furthermore:

Oni System,
Akrel - Mining World - About 6 billion people
Mephon - Agri-World - About 1,5 people
Lathand - Agri-World - About 3 billion people

I shall follow Saxious' example and post a 'capture'. I expect there may be a few clashes across the borders with the Maunkee.

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:27 pm

expect?! There WILL be clashes....he he he he

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

*prepares pimpslap hand*

are you adding new systems? I don't mind, but do not, I repeat, DO NOT use it to make a bigger nation to kill others. Such systems would take months to stabilize and years to become fully functional members of your nations. What with damage to infrastructure and integrating a totally alien system with your own will turn those systems into financial DRAINS instead of profits. Be prepared to waste ships and troops with garrison duties and tons of capital and supplies fixing the things you break.

You get experience so it is a pretty good trade off, but such expansion would make the other nations... worried to say the least.

P.S.- im reading your posts now, eveyone. I'll have to post tomorrow though...

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Well go ahead and read my post, I gave thought to it and explained that the people were already starting to resist the Maunkee Empire.

Also, as I believe I have descriped (not 100% sure) so far, it is only the people, and the military personal that has been killed, as the Commander declared them "Semi-Hopeless" and thus a "smaller scale genocide" began, well, for now.

I'm going to continue with writing about these systems and planets for a while, still, as it is understandable that rebellions, even revolutions will rise up, and the Maunkee, once they deem someone 'semi,' or even completely 'hopeless' they will not show mercy for those that resist them.

P.S LoL! @ " *prepares pimpslap hand* "

:EDIT:

Oh yeah, have anyone ever heard of "Buffer States" ? These planets can be used as such a thing!...Well, you sort of need to read about the end of WWII, at the Eastern Front, and the Cold War to understand Buffer States if you have never heard the military term before, but for those who are interested I can give an in depth explanation of what it is and how it can be used (I know...I'm a history geek...).

:EDIT 2:
I can't post tonight, as i have some school work to do for the next couple of weeks, and the 20th of march i won't be online save for the morning and afternoon. (China Time) (There's a good party happening on that day :D )

Saxious
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!