Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings from a complete noob!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings from a complete noob!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExpiredGuacamole on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello all! My name is ExpiredGuacamole, and I'm new round' these parts! New, as in the I've-never-actually-roleplayed-ever sort of new. I was introduced to the idea of online roleplaying about a year ago on Nationstates (if any of you have ever heard of it), and have recently decided to try my hand at it. I've done a bit of research on the basics of character development, how NOT to godmod, RP plot lines, ect. so as not to be completely clueless, but that obviously doesn't teach me much if I don't learn to apply the skills. Because I have no clue what I'm doing, I am willing to try out any sort of RP, be it realistic, supernatural, historical, or any other genre. I also apologize ahead of time for any bad stories, characters, reactions, ideas, or anything else that might bug more experienced people. Either way, I'm happy to be here, and hope that I will someday become a productive member!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ExpiredGuacamole
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings from a complete noob!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Clockwork Legend on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:53 am

Hi! I'm new too, to this site as well as to roleplaying, so we can practice together :) I've a few fantasy 1x1 ideas I'm looking to play:
Dreamscape: Two characters at opposite corners of the world visit each other in their dreams and can communicate that way. One night they find themselves in a neverending dream, and they don't know which of them is dreaming it. They must fight to get out, back to reality... or not, as the case may be :qt: This would be fun because anything is possible in dreams so they can have all manner of adventures: parties, epic battles, the stuff of nightmares, etc. Could be MxM romance.
------------
Rented Heart: Based off the manga one-shot of the same name. One character becomes assistant to the proprietor of a shop that rents out hearts (of any person in the world) to anyone willing to pay the price. The keeper doesn't question his ethics and is ready to let someone's heart starve or shatter if they can't pay the price or renew the rent on the heart they crave. The customers that visit are sad, desperate, lonely or lovesick, with their own stories to tell. Who knows, how many hearts in this world are true, and how many are rented? Could be MxM between the assistant and keeper.
------------
An Alice in Wonderland RP:
Wonderland had always been weird and wonderful, for its inhabitants a place perfect for crazy capering, and magic always abounded. The magic was what kept everybody's wonder at the world intact, because not even the most well-versed sorceresses and warlocks could understand or control the mysterious power underlying everything. Even if the people faced unhappiness they never felt like the world was dreary, that life was pointless.
But now, frightening legends were spreading like wildfire, too fast to be completely curbed by the efforts of the Queen of Hearts. Everywhere, it was being said that the Age of Order is approaching. When nothing would happen that couldn't be explained by fundamental laws. Everything would follow rules. Everything would be 'ordinary'. Life as the inhabitants of Wonderland knew it, would be transformed- and not in a good way.
Some people said that the Queen of Hearts, who was currently ruling, would establish the Age of Order by the end of her rule. These people were swiftly executed by lopping off their heads. In these days when the citizens should have been treasuring the last days of the Age of Wonder, they were instead despairing. Their only hope was that the legends that sprung up in answer to those about the approaching Age of Order were true: Someone called Alice would traverse a dark portal to reach them. She would lead them in a revolution to overthrow the Queen of Hearts before she could muster enough power to curse the land with Order. The Age of Wonder would be saved.

I know it's suited for a group RP but if it's Alice X the Queen of Hearts it could work well as a 1x1. I've profiles for each of them too so you have the option of adopting one of them to play, if you don't feel like making an OC:

Character Name: Alice Liddell
Personality: Dreamy, philosophical, restless, aloof, artistic. Thirsty for adventure. Costantly wanting to escape reality. Likes attempting to thin-slice people, and analyse them as she gets to know them.
Appearance: Image
Bio: She was brought up with few stories available, apart from fairy tales. However she and her sisters often went to a man called Mr Dodgson, a mathematician who was once involved in the clergy, and he told them crazy, delightful tales. He wrote her stories for Christmas in which she was the heroine, exploring a quaint place called Wonderland. It made her long to live her life as spontaneously and wonderfully as in the stories, and wish she could live her life off the beaten track and have adventures.
Likes & Dislikes: Likes nature and open spaces, fantasy, contemplating ideas on philosophy and psychology, literature, art, stories and literature. Dislikes dull daily grind, closed or congested spaces, narrow-minded people, the feeling of being alive but not living.
Extras: She has a pet rabbit. She likes him in an indulgent way but takes him for granted. She doesn't know he's no ordinary rabbit, but is soon to find out ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Name: Zefanya
Designation: The Queen of Hearts
Personality: Passionate, ambitious, impatient, cautious and doesn't readily trust people. Has very strong opinions and ideals that she will defend at any cost. Afraid of romantic love. Values efficiency and productivity.
Appearance: Image
Bio: She was born the daughter of her father's fourth wife. She grew up watching her mothers in constant conflict due to jealousy, always vying for the King's favours. They shared his bed and wealth but could never grab his heart and win his love so completely that he stopped acquiring new wives for them. Zefanya resolved that she would marry a crown prince, and make sure he wouldn't even want another wife- and in this she succeeded. Her marriage with the King of Hearts was perfect for her- he disliked the affairs of state and worshiped her. Effectively, she was the one ruling the kingdom.
Likes & Dislikes: Likes efficiency, things getting done quick and properly, eating healthy food in large quantities, people who fight their way up. Dislikes meat, extreme heat and humidity, bad hygiene, clumsiness, gambling, repression, discrimination, dismissal of someone without giving them a chance.
Extras: She doesn't like cooking, except for baking tarts. She likes making the crust heart-shaped and filling rose-essenced jam in the middle. She has a constant craving for them. (She's also in love with the Knave of Hearts, but suppresses it very well, because she thinks venturing into love is like a moth flitting into a flame. Plus she's quite fond of her husband.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Clockwork Legend
Member for 9 years
Conversationalist

Re: Greetings from a complete noob!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello and welcome to RPG! My name is Saken, and I've been here for seven years now (roleplayed on another site before this one, though). I'd like to offer my help, if you have any questions or concerns or anything, feel free to shoot me an im or a pm!

I am also trying to garner interest in a zombie RP that is -for newbies- to learn as much as they can!

Take a look!
mentoring-classification-zombies-t95489.html
Again if you have an questions, need any help, etc let me know!
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!