Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Greetings, from Not Batman

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings, from Not Batman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daleeria on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:30 am

Hello there!

I am the vengeance of the night. I am BATMAN!!!

Hah. As if. I'm not quite that awesome. My name Daleeria Mae Chaotica (or Dal for those who become familiar with me)! I'm new to the site (obviously). Daleeria was my very first character that I ever made back in 2002, and I've been quite content to spread her name across the interwebs in hopes one day all will know her name!

I found this place through an in depth Google search about two weeks ago and have been staring at the page sine then wondering if I really want to join a community or not. I've been roleplaying since 2002, roughly 12 years now, though my last two years have been mostly focused on college, work and trying to survive. I'm a little on the rusty side, so please bear with me as I try to readjust to actually replying to people. Beyond that I also play Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering, a multitude of video games from first person shooters to RPGs, and write novels in my spare time.

I've noticed my writing has become lacking as of lately. While previously I was RPing with my mate, due to work constrictions, lifestyle changes that sort of halted and I'm now looking for new RP partners. I don't remember what I look for when looking into new Rps and new people as it's been so long since I've had to search out for these things. I have a plethora of characters willing to be played and character creation tends to be my strong point in my story telling. I tend to stick to fantasy based Rps, though I've been delving more into psychological stuff as of late.

In real life I'm a full time cook at a restaurant and am going for my Bachelors in Web Design and Development. Most of my days are spent loitering around my house with my roommates playing video games and watching YouTube videos. My special skill is being able to come up with a song for pretty much every thing that gets said to me.

I'm very musically oriented and honestly the best way to get me in whatever type of mood you want my post to be in is to send me a couple of songs to listen to while I write. I'm always open to new music and the only music in this world I don't enjoy is dubstep.

I'd really appreciate any hellos or suggestions while I peruse the site and figure out how everything works around here!

Thank you for your time and hope to get to know you soon!

Daleeria
OPEN RP SLOTS: [3 out of 3]
OPEN COLLAB STORY SLOTS: [1 out of 1]

Currently Inspired By:
Still Learning :: Halsey
killing boys :: Halsey
Under Pressure :: Queen & David Bowie
Fast Talk :: Houses
Bang Bang :: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daleeria
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Greetings, from Not Batman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Greetings & Salutations Daleeria (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

First & foremost, I'd like to warmly welcome you to RPGateway. My name is ibecameinsane, or simply insane. Whichever you prefer. I think I can speak for every Moderator and Admin on this site that we're glad you found it. Without a doubt this is probably the friendliest community out there, but that's just my own personal experience. My condolences about losing touch with your former roleplaying partner, the same thing has happened to myself a couple of times. If a partner is all you're searching for, I'd recommend the Interest Check forum. It's a great place to get attention from other members of the site while stating exactly what you want in a partner. I've even made one myself. If you're looking to put your characters in a group setting though, we've got a lot of roleplays open that just might work for you.

Here are some helpful links to show you around:

You'll see all of the newest roleplays here but if none of those strike your fancy you can always go to the Roleplayers Wanted forum. There are a lot of great ideas you can look into there. The Roleplayers Wanted forum, on the other hand, is for roleplays that already exist and have character slots that need to be filled. Here's a guide to the tab system on the site [x]. If you're looking to jump into something right away, that's where you should start. If you need any help assembling a character sheet, I've created a tutorial in the Help forum for everyone to use.

Before you do anything, I implore you to look into the site's rules, just to understand the foundation of what this site is built on. You'll need to post in a total ten forums in order to send a private message but there's no limit to instant messaging. If you need any help getting started feel free to PM me or send me an instant message. I'm almost always available.

If you're having technical issues you can check out this forum or the FAQs.
      If you still have questions, our lovely Moderators are always available.

I do hope you find what you're looking for, Daleeria, and if you need any help getting introduced to the site don't hesitate to contact me and I'll do my best to oblige. Hopefully I've been of some assistance already but I'll be checking on you in a day or two to see how you're doing. Welcome to RPGateway c:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you so much to the beautiful and talented aurei for making this signature for me!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Greetings, from Not Batman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 am

Hey there! :D

I'm just as new as you (well, okay not as new. You're a day more experienced than me, therefore you MUST be more experienced! Why? Because logic!) and I felt like it was proper to say how do ya do!

You're a cook, like Videogames, and music? Holy crud, forget Batman. You, my friend, are AMAZING! Truth be told, I'm hoping to become a cook if a future as a cartoonist doesn't seem plausible, or as a second job. Either way, I really like cooking. Videogames are awesome. Music is awesome. Videogame music is awesome. Much respect to you, Miss Daleeria)

Anyways, I hope we get to RP together soon, and even become RP partners. :)
Hope to see you around!

HumblePopinjay
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!