Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hellloooo RP!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hellloooo RP!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onesix16 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:07 am

Greetings! I'm onesix16 (I know, the name's weird, but I like it)
I'm really really new to RP. This is the first RP site I've ever gotten the guts to sign up at and I'm still trying to get how the system works! But not to worry, I'll learn.

So, a little something-something about me.

I've got experience in writing and it's my passion. I've written in FanFiction(dot)net for some time and I get the do's and don'ts when it comes to character(especially the dreaded Mary Sue).
I stumbled upon RP when I was browsing through the Internet and came across a nice little epic involving this dude and his story in an RP forum. Well, I really like to escape reality, so I asked myself: "Why not try them RP forums?" After that, I immediately cranked Google and tried to look for some RP sites and that's when I came across this site.

I prefer Fantasy more than anything but others are fine, even Horror will do. I just like the fighting and heroic duty going around but that does not mean I can't play the villain! I'm fine so long as action and adventure's involved.
Though I have some disinterest for Realistic types, I'll get along with it so long as the story's okay. I usually like playing a knight or a mage, but a sneaky-type of guy is alright. In Sci-Fi, I usually go with guns or special powers. Blasting things or slicing things, that goes a long way for me.

I say, there's a lot of talented and experienced writers here and a lot of imagination running around. I really like how things are all laid-out and organized here in this site, makes the RP a lot more easier.

So I'll be practicing both my writing and imagination here with some good people in worlds and realities that I can only hope to exist. Even though I'm very new, I'm looking forward a nice and enjoyable experience in this RP site.

Cheers.
"Man is condemned to be free" -Sartre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

onesix16
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hellloooo RP!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lux Et Tenebrae on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:03 am

Hey onesix, I'm Lux. Welcome to the site and I hope you find it easy enough to wrap your head around.

Seeing as you're first dipping your feet into this kind of thing I think it might be best to offer some advice. You see, roleplay is slightly different in the sense that whilst you may control the scenery to an extent around you and your own character you are unable to perfectly manipulate any other character as I'm sure you understand. As such, actions and fighting are left open ended along with speech. For example, were you initiating a handshake you would say that your character "reached out towards xxx, presenting xe's hand to shake it" rather than saying your character "reached out and shook xxx's hand" though the later would be an appropriate response to the earlier. It's a menial difference but in fighting as I assume you mean to do it changes things quite a bit as the difference between slashing towards someone's ribs and cutting them open without a chance to respond is fairly significant and people don't take well to it here.

Essentially your posts are designed to allow the other person to respond and comment, not to take control of the situation yourself without allowing the other character the opportunity to do so. Bear this in mind and you should do fine. Oh yes and you need to make a character for any roleplay you wish to partake in which is essentially all the details you wish to outline about a character in going into a roleplay. Third thing, if you're looking to join the Multiverse, Qbsuperstar03, Tiko, Patcharoo, Moonscar and Princess_Awinita are probably some of the best people to ask for pointers. They are some of our older users and are typically rather helpful though Tiko can be rather busy with her duties as administrator. So either way, I'll pass you on this this with hopes it will help you to find your way around the site.

If you need to know anything feel free to just ask us. We don't bite, well, most of us don't at least. Look forward to seeing you around. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lux Et Tenebrae
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!