Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hello everyone. Back into roleplaying after two year hiatus

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!
Hello! My name is Atlas. I roleplayed on myspace from 2004-2010. My character was an OC Advent. He was the elder brother to Sephiroth and used for advancing stories. My character was not a fighting character, as due to his origins and abilities, it would be complete cheating for me to use him in a fight. So I used him to help other characters advance their stories and such. I have come here to not only roleplay, but to find my old friends! I miss them ._. If you have ever heard of Advent Death, Oblivion, Elite, Desideria, or Sephiroth Valdea, or the Ebon Knights please let me know. On myspace I had two main names people called me. I was Ancient; The Wicked Crow and The Advent Blood. Please feel free to message me and talk! I'd love to roleplay more often.

I don't know what else to say now.

._.

Edit, forgot to mention my other characters.

I have also used a vizard named Kayden Masurao, a demon warrior named Stryker Magnus, a prince named Alistair, a vampire named Victor Leonite.

They are all fully developed and were used daily from 2004-2010 just as Atlas was.
I will sit upon the throne of heaven. - Alastor Fortuna

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello everyone. Back into roleplaying after two year hia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Hiya Atlas!

Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here on RPG! I have to say, I didn't know you could roleplay on Myspace. :D But if you have any questions about this site or need help finding anything just let us know!
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(īž‰â—•ãƒŽâ—•)īž‰*:īŊĨīžŸâœ§

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Haha! Many don't. The owners of myspace didn't like that we did, but we did anyway. It was actually very nice. We were able to make groups, set up our profiles with layouts that reflected our characters, and send bulletins that members of our clans/families/kingdoms could see. What wasn't so good about it is that there were a lot of cheaters on it. Godmodding was a common infraction on myspace. There were probably.... 300? yeah. There were around 300 people that didn't cheat during fights there. There were around 10,000 roleplayers on myspace at the time I joined it in 2004. When I left that number had gone down to about 500.

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm

You learn something new everyday! I have to say that I'm glad you came our way! :D I... didn't mean to rhyme. Really.

*coughscoughs*

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Question! :o

I can't add a character to my character thingy! How do I do that?

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

First you need to pick a Tab roleplay in which to add a character. If you want to use them for Chat roleplay in the Multiverse then you need to head over to The Multiverse and there are a row of Tabs at the top. Click the one that says "Characters" and there will be an option to create a character.

You will have to add a name at the very least or you can fill out the whole thing.

If you want to add a character to a specific roleplay, it needs to be a Tab roleplay in order to set up a character profile. If it's a Thread roleplay then they usually have a system for you to submit your character skeleton. For instance, creating a Multiverse character and linking it to the OOC thread or just posting a skeleton in the OOC thread.

Does that help?! If not, I can provide links to visual guides!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Oh! So i pick a place I want to post and will be prompted to submit a character application?

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Yep! The guide I am going to link deals with Chat (Multiverse) but like I said, it can be used for any Tab roleplay. Scroll down to after step #7 for how to submit a character!

Chat Guide!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Awesome. Thank you.

One more question.

On myspace I believe we called this platform crossing. It was where you could, for example, use a Final Fantasy character in a world that was in no way related to Final Fantasy(Naruto for example)

Do you allow that here?

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm

In the Multiverse, definitely. The Multiverse is best described as a world that seems to be a train station between other worlds. All sorts of folks end up there from pokemon, werewolves, vampires, soldiers, etc. It takes place on a world called Terra with an in depth history and landscape but it welcomes all forms of characters!

As for any other tab roleplays or forum roleplays, it would be best to check with the GM or GameMaster. They set the rules for their own individual roleplays!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Awesome. Thank you :) You're very helpful.

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

You're welcome and thank you for the compliment! A lot of people here at RPG are helpful, I promise! We'll get you settled in quickly.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

I'm sure I will. It's just really awkward for me. I've never been on a forum for roleplaying before. Myspace is worlds different. Everything here is really complicated haha >.<

Ancient; Wicked Crow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Oh no! Don't feel overwhelmed!! Any other specific questions I can answer for you!?

Celedia
Member for 15 years

I am on Aniroleplay.com. Find me there.

Sephiroth Valdea
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!