Help me decide

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

Help me decide

Postby Leif Cauldor on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 am

Okay.

To all my lovely fans...(smacks self)

I am in a conundrum. I would like your opinion.

I am writing three stories, I have been pondering posting them on here. But, I need you all to tell me if I should. (It would be page by page, chapter by chapter, paragraph by paragraph.) I am looking for help with the said stories, mainly suggestions on parts of the story, editing, etc. So, if you want, or interested in reading them, let me know. I'll gladly accept emails if it would be easier for you. Thanks.

Leif Cauldor.
As babies, mustn't we learn to crawl before we walk? Then, why as adults do we speak before we think?
Leif Cauldor
Member for 4 years

Re: Help me decide

Postby Discipline on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Sure, I'm interested in helping you with your story! ^^ You can contact me via chat or the handy-dandy PM button below my name in this post (to the right, if you can't find it). Looking forward to collaborating with you on editing, writing, semantics, etc!
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Postby libcakes on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Dood, you should totally post them on here. The more feedback, the better you and your stories will get!
Currently: a newb/online
libcakes
Member for 4 years

Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:14 am

Even if you didn't ask for it you'd probably get feedback if you posted them.
Lifecharacter
Member for 3 years

Postby Terror Mechina on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Hm... I'm intrigued.
Terror Mechina
Member for 3 years

Postby zodiak177 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm

ypu should post them here you would get alot of feed back in which if im not mistaken that what your looking for
FIND YOUR LIGHT AND LET IT SHINE
zodiak177
Member for 2 years

Postby Call me Joel on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm

You should definitely post them! It'd be great to see another author refining their skill. :) Please do.
Call me Joel
Member for 2 years

Postby Lone Dreamer on Tue May 14, 2013 8:03 pm

If my intuition is correct this place is like a big family filled with creative minds and last time I checked families help one another, mostly in a criticizing manner but constructive nonetheless. So I vote you post it, spread it, share it. The worst thing to happen is that you get criticized but do not fret this will only fuel you.

- Sincerely Dreaming
The things you cannot posses, are the most beautiful of all.
Lone Dreamer
Member for 1 years

Postby augie on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 am

post them!
I'm a full-time internet homo.
augie
Member for 1 years

Postby Sophistry on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm

you should post them :)
Sophistry
Member for 1 years

Postby RaquelRae on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Post them, I would love to help you but I would need to be able to see what the stories are like. :)
Out of the night that covers me black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms,
the menace of the years finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
RaquelRae
Member for 1 years

Postby whimsical_anomoly on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:15 pm

I agree, post!
whimsical_anomoly
Member for 1 years

Postby Dues Ex on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 am

Post them, gotta live with no regrets right?
Dues Ex
Member for 1 years

Postby Imaginary_Writer on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Definitely post them! There seems like quite a few people who would love to read them and help you out (including myself). :D
Imaginary_Writer
Member for 1 years

Postby David the Wanderer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 am

Well, I suggest that you post here, but also first have them proofreaded by somebody, so that you won't get a load of "Actually, that's spelled [insert spelling]" or any other kind of Grammar Nazism (I'm a Grammar Nazi myself, so I know how annoying we can get. :P)
Rant aside, I am always on the hunt for some good stories to read, so I do look forward to see these stories posted!
David the Wanderer
Member for 1 years

Postby theAmerikaner on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:13 pm

I don't know where you are located physically, but if you are interested in trying to publish these stories eventually and you live in America, you can copyright your works by: 1. getting a physical copy of them, 2. signing and dating the copy, 3. mail the copy to yourself, 4. don't open the letter, but keep ahold of it. IF you go that route, your writing is protected, and you can share it anywhere without worry.
I think it would be awesome for you to post your stuff, but you should protect it too, if you write because of the hopes to be able to be published one day. I suggest caution because if you write well, and put it on the web, anybody could see it, and try to steal it.
I come here to write for fun, and if you just write for fun, by all means, POST IT! Whatever you choose to do is up to you.
theAmerikaner
Member for 0 years

Postby fawnrhonu on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 am

I'll try to help
~
~~You reap what you sow ~ ~

☆ Logan Rhonu ☆
fawnrhonu
Member for 0 years

Postby shadowthelost on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Should post, for sure. I got my stories out like so. :)
Who...really cares. It's just...
shadowthelost
Member for 0 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.