Leitmotifs and Scene Music! Rigel's Composing Services

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

Some of you already know that I'm intending to be a double major Music Composition and Music Performance (incidentally, if any of you were wondering, on the violin). What you probably don't know is that I'm offering my composition services free of charge for anything you might want for your roleplay. Need a short (3-10 second) leitmotif for your character, just to give her that extra spark? Maybe you want some elevator music for an otherwise uneventful scene? A string orchestra playing tremolos for a scene in battle, with harrowing trumpets proclaiming a dark theme?

... I jest. I'm can't pull that off. But I can try! XD

I compose in the classical and contemporary 'classical' styles, by the way. So all you people expecting rock beats and a guy wailing on a guitar, sorry for that. I'm limited by my software and my field of interest.

To put it precisely, I can compose for a full symphony orchestra and some miscellaneous percussion. I refuse to use Finale 2009's "voice" samples because, quite frankly, no one's voice sounds like that unless you sound like a car horn toned down. Just... no. I won't.

Also, I can compose scenes anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 minutes. A 15 second work might require two days to compose. A ten minute work will keep me busy for at least a month, probably more. Remember, I'm not getting paid for this, and I need to finish my homework as well. So don't be stressed if I can't finish a piece as fast as you'd like. Just wait, and if you can't wait, just ask me how long I think the piece will take until finish. I'll be sure to give you an answer.

And if the piece isn't up to your standards, I'm sorry. If you send me a PM noting directly what's wrong with it, then I'll fix it if I have the time, energy, and inclination too. It won't be a promise.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Rigel, dearest love and darling!

I'm a 1st year film student caught up in pre-production jazz for my first short film. Read more about that HERE but the basic point I wanna make is that I could really use some background music for this three-minute short.

Read the above thread, that gives you enough information about the background.

As for what I might need from your lovely self specifically, we can either talk about that on here, on PM, or in the chat as I know you're there now.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

As for what you said about a constant score .. I might have to show you the script once I get it locked down this week. The introduction could definitely use a smattering of music, and I have a few really brief character moments with random superheroes walking in -- heroes that need to be accompanied by some heroic sounding jingle.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

ViceVersus wrote:As for what you said about a constant score .. I might have to show you the script once I get it locked down this week. The introduction could definitely use a smattering of music, and I have a few really brief character moments with random superheroes walking in -- heroes that need to be accompanied by some heroic sounding jingle.

That can be arranged. Just give me a week or so after I get the script. What if my music is too long or short for the scene?

If you don't mind, I'm going to be indulging in a little bathos when I do scenes involving the superheroes. Seeing as how this seems like a pretty sarcastic movie in of itself, I'm going to give maybe a couple trumpet hits in the hero leitmotifs if that's okay.
Will each superhero need their own leitmotif, or can I write up just a stock one?

After I submit my music to you, can you provide feedback on how it fits and how it sounds?
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

You know what? I'm going to get you a .pdf of the script right now.

It's rough, it's ragged, but hey! That's what the rough draft is for. I need to update and edit it this weekend anyways -- so it's entirely plausible that by the time Sunday or Monday rolls around, it'll be changed.

So check your inbox in a second because I don't think I can attach files in the post itself. I tried it in the designer forum, and there was blazing fail all around. Standby.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Got your script! I'll check it over promptly and start composing after I run through it.

Thanks, Sato! :3 I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with this. If you want to credit me, just credit me as "Rigel Lake" or "Sol" -- either is fine, for purposes of interwebz licensing.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

I'll make your signature. :D
MrMurdoch
Member for 4 years

And I've got your piece! <3 Well, a rough draft, anyway -- I'll be orchestrating this for string quartet. Possibly in D Major.

Stuffs be here. Here it be.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

An Anthem for the Aschen Confederation, something strong, that conveys military strength and unity, lots of brass, and drums.
Nip it in the bud.
barney_fife
Member for 5 years

Rough draft of the Aschen's Anthem. Name it what you like. If you want to take it in this form, that's fine. I'm planning on working on it further when I get moar jooce.

Aschen Anthem.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

It's not working.
barney_fife
Member for 5 years

I can't attach it via posting -- the site's buggering out. You might have to sign up for box.net to access the file. Sorry for the unforeseen inconvenience.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

I can't even get it on box.net
barney_fife
Member for 5 years

Try it again, with this url. I think I've located the problem. Pressing buttons is your friend.

Likewise, Drac, try these links again. The music and the pdf.
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Sato. I love you.

Magmus' Theme. That's the music. This is the pdf score.

Zach's Theme. That's the music. This is the pdf score.

So. Like. Feedbax me.

... C:
Discipline
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.