Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

London Burning

London Burning

a part of “London Burning”, a fictional universe by Jerred Alain.

A band of desperate and weary survivors struggle against the odds in a world succumbing to a deadly disease, it's victims driven only by a desire to kill. Survival is all that matters (2 spots open, grab them while you still can!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “London Burning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] London Burning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "London Burning"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] London Burning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm certainly interested. Was there some 28 Days Later inspiration behind this perhaps?
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Mnn... Would you rather pictures be realistic, drawn, anime...ect? It doesn't matter one bit, but I'm just wondering.

Also.... Hiya Vitamin!
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Aye a fair bit of 28 days in the flavour, but the setting is quite different in that it's a world struggling to cope and ultimately failing, as well as the plot for the characters will also take them on very different paths to anything in 28 days.

In terms of characters I'd prefer real pictures: it'll be a fairly realistic RP. If you just have to do anime though I won't stop you ;)

EDIT: I'm holding out on creating my own character to see what you all come up with, so whatever I play can fill in the gaps!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Jerred nice to see you again, and yes you are fond of playing other people's characters (cough cough, torque) but I don't mind because he's more of a filler, and you play him well, anyway ive strayed off topic. I'm very interested, I've partcipated in several zombie survival projects that all seem to die a horrible death I believe vio was in one with me....(grenades poping from nowhere 0.o)
Ah yes so I'd like to be in this one and will have a charecter submitted shortly.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Ah! Yes, hello, smrtazz13! Good to see you again! Well, I'm not going to carbon copy one of my characters from that particular roleplay, but I will sort of...fit her... to this one. I do hope she's approved, even though I'm quite skeptical.... Though, I am a lot of the time.

But yes, good to see you again!

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nici-kitty on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Sounds interesting! I'll certainly try and submit a character as soon as possible :)

nici-kitty
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah i've done a few zombie survival RP's before on L4D411 (left 4 dead fansite), entitled 'Elmo's RP' if you want to check it out. Elmo is my forum name there before you ask :) All bar the last went down a damned storm, so this should do pretty well I've got no doubt. Now, lets be looking at the submitted characters...

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syn Hikari on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Do you want us to submit characters here or actual characters tab? :)
It's a dream until you write it down, and then its a goal. Image
ImageImage
The Abstruse House-Are you ready for the fright?

Syn Hikari
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Edit: Scratch that. Nevermind, apperently....

Reedit: Crimony. It's not letting me edit my little 100x100 image. QQ
I uploaded the wrong one....
Last edited by Vio-Lance on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm interested so I'm gonna make a character. Hope he's up to par :3
At first, I was all Image but then I serioused Image and was totally like Image

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Syn: Use the character tab please! :)

Just so you all know I'm in tomorrow but out of the city over the weekend. When I'm back on Monday I'll possibly post up the first part of the RP depending. Possibly Tuesday.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nici-kitty on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 am

OK. Looking forward to starting :)

nici-kitty
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Should get time to start the RP tomorrow. Remember to check this OOC thread regularly to see any plot direction I might give out to help steer the RP somewhat. Best of luck!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:44 am

Chapter 1: Dissolution

In this chapter we'll be introducing our characters, taking them through am entire single day. The country has not yet fallen to pieces but the cracks are starting to show even more. You can meet up with other players if you wish, but all 6 characters will not form a 'group' till about chapter 3.

Have fun!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 am

Started my post, but I'm super tired. Will post it in the morning :D

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm

No problem man. Let's make this a good first chapter :D

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 pm

I really hope you're still acepting characters, just submited one. (:

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I was going to have Sol run into trouble with the law early on, and I read Thomas was being transfered. I left it open so they could interact if you'd be okay with that. If not, just let me know and I'll have them continue on without him to the prison. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds by bumping into your storyline Jerred. Just let me know whats up :)

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 am

No problem at all, good inclusion to have them meet early on. It'll be a passing encounter and no doubt the two characters will meet again later, but I like it!

Just so you all know I don't mind players occasionaly speaking for other characters and getting them to do actions, go places etc etc - as long as it's in character, is within reason and makes sense. What deathfromabove just did is an example of something that's totaly acceptable. It sure helps things move along quicker too.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!