Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Long Live The King OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Long Live The King OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Name: Garrow Barrowheart

Appearance: Garrow is a medium sized man with long blond hair and high cheek bones and a chiseled chin he has a beard that he keeps trimmed and he striking blue eyes, he is well built despite his size. he wears a sleeve-less tunic and brown or dark green trousers. his left arm has a flowing tree tattoo with names of his ancestors followed by a rune of protection intermingles with the branches. (the runes don't really do anything, but he believes they are why he has never been seriously wounded in battle) he wears black leather boots at all times

in battle he has a chain hauberk with riding slits and a coif, a conical helm with a horse hair topper and a tunic of the deepest green with a golden yellow lion embroidered on the front. while in battle he carried a lance atop a horse and an arming sword on the ground. however he also has at least 5 hand axes on his person. they are used for throwing. a trick he picks up from the jarls. his shield is round and wooden usually painted the same dark green as his tunic with a golden paint on the metal rim and center

Weapon(s): A arming sword of about 4 feet in length, 5-8 hand axes.

Bio: Garrow keeps tabs on the land and leads the military for his father who was wounded in the initial fighting with Konungr Agnarr. though his father still maintains control over the house and family affairs, Garrrow keeps an eye on everything else the matters of war fall to him as well as the matters of law within their realm. though Garrow would rather not be involved with the blood thirsty jarls he realizes his need on the battle field he has fought off raids for the last ten years of his life and has recently begun pushing anyone associated with the jarls out of his lands and further pushing back their lines. though not all that big an area isillia still has a formidable military, most of which is an elite cavalry unit. he trains all of his troops so that he can hold of the jarls with minimal losses and minimal troops. though the fighting his troops have dine the survivors of attacks that can no longer fight come home to train the young soldiers at home. Garrow keeps a Guard unit of his best soldier home to train new recruits as well as protect his family from real harm.

hows this look Irish. i know i haven't played with you for a while but this is what i have let me know what needs to be changed if anything. once i get an approval i'll post in the IC
Last edited by vasa o souls on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Remove the rapier and Garrow Barrowheart is accepted
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I have preguntas or two;

Since we're playing a game with political elements and all that are we assuming that with the decades of war no one is actually supporting anyone else. Basically, it's all up for grabs?

Also, could we get more info on the Duke of Roger? If i choose to cast my support in a direction I'd like to know about all possible candidates. ;)

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:37 pm

That is correct, the throne is up for grabs, be it by force of arms or by convincing the other character/npcs that you have the best claim to it by blood.

I plan to give a physical description to Duke Roger in my next post and then a political one after the battle/the arrival of the messenger baring news of King Gergor's death.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Sweetness.

I have a rather awkward question also. I wanted to have a spy network, but I don't want to god mod. As a more experienced rper than myself, what do you suggest?

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Well there is a very fine line there. I would say go nuts with NPCs but if theirs something thats over the top/and or you would want to work out with another PC, PM them with the idea.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Alright, danke very much

Oh yeah, if you like my posts in Long Live the King please Grade it, my empty stars make me sad.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DailyDose512 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Name:
Niseha (Ness-aye-hah) En'ess

Knight of Essyer

Appearance:
Although she was blessed with a shapely body, the young woman possesses a round, childish face. Long, cherry locks of hair which reach to just below her chest are offset by bright green eyes. Flushed cheeks and a thin nose are highlights on her face, only pronounced below her sharp gaze. Her shoulders--although usually now hidden below her armor--are somewhat small and taper to a fittingly well-rounded chest. Thin waist and wide, womanly hips are characteristics she gained from her family genetics while the muscled thighs and very worn, calloused hands are side-effects of the life which was forced upon her. Her delicate features, although quite striking, give an odd, haunting effect as she is usually unfocused... Staring into the distance or into her own imagination. The final kick to her notably odd personage is a small stature, she is just under five foot.

Weapon(s):
Yew wood longbow
Bastard longsword

Biography:
Raised to be as a woman was, it was quite a shock to the Merchant's daughter when she was informed of her fate. With a small family, she lived in the northern ends of Essyer, tending to her father's business and simply being a child. As such, she had her dolls and her little playmates. Every closing hour, she would take the short walk to her father's furnishings shop and help him clean up. The little red haired beauty was always a pleasing sight for customers and her father treated her as delicately as any wild flower he might have found growing in a field. Then, at the tender age of nine, Niseha's father passed from the living world. Left with two younger brothers--five months and two years old respectively--there was none other to appoint when the beloved King of Numinor called for the young in families to begin to train for knighthood. Although she was a commoner class, the King was in desperate need of new blood and she was put to training. That scratchy old envelope held the treacherous change to the young woman's life.

She was thirteen years of age before she became a squire. Eighteen years of age before she even gained enough stature and training to be appointed to the Knightly class. Nine years of training had led her to a person she hardly knew. When she was little, her mother had held hopes of her as a Duke's wife... Some far off fantasy which Niseha never accomplished. Unlike what her mother had hoped for her, Niseha had grown into a woman in a man's world. Although well shaped in a most feminine manner, she was muscled. Her thighs and arms showed the labor she had put into thousands of hours of wielding swords and being knocked to the ground.

Now, she was called. The post had gone out to call all Knighted men and women to fight for the freedoms of Numinor. Still barely five months a Knight and just barely reaching her nineteenth year of life, Niseha travelled to her calling and to whatever Goddess-forsaken blood trail she must be pulled upon.

DailyDose512
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am

Niseha is approved

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:53 am

Name: Bazil of Albedam (Pronounced ALB-duhm).

Appearance: Tall at six and five and broad of build to boot, with pale red skin long tanned under the sun stretched over hard muscle. His hair is dark, though not black, allowed to fall to his shoulders in a short braid favored by certain Northern warriors. He has the thick forearms of a practiced swordsman, but the somewhat hunched shoulders of a farmer. His features are short and broad, with a thick nose with a nick taken out of the bridge where it meets the brow, and large, dark eyes that are usually narrowed slightly. His expression is generally that of a hard man, with his mouth drawn down some at the corners, and he has a tendency of leaning back and crossing his arms when speaking.

Equipment: Two handed 'claymore'-type sword, buckler and arming sword (Swords used separately), longbow, and lance. Wears a thigh length chain hauberk over a wool gambeson, and an iron nasal helm. He owns two horses, a large courser and smaller rouncey, the latter being his remount for travel and luggage.

Barony: Albedam is a moderately large Barony that forms a sort of peninsula into the territory of the North. It is situated in a mountainous area in which all travel for a few hundred miles has to pass through the Barony, protected by a garrison of the Baron's personal troops as well as a fortified manor and small, stone walls. As one might expect, it comes under attack by brigands and Northerners quite often, breeding a hardy people who are used to difficult living. Since the war began, the Baron's Albedam have begun taking in tithes from less well positioned counties and baronies to take even more precautions that outlaws and Northern raiders do not make it through. Many send gold and troops to aid in this, and Albedam has grown wealthy from the war our of it.

Now known as one of the more wealthy, if less trust worthily managed, baronies in the area, with many large groups of troops and trade caravans moving through the area for most of the year. These have slackened in the past couple of years, since news spread that the Baron was now little more than a stripling who pretended knighthood. Still, Bazil has tightened his hold on the pass in response, securing it even further by patrolling the area outside the pass and cleaning out any camps that hope to ambush people coming or going.

Bio: Born and raised in the Barony Albedam, and Jorin of Albedam's second son, Bazil inherited his title and land after the first war saw his father and brother killed at the hands of the Northerners. Due to Albedam's position guarding a strategically valuable pass between North and South, Sir Jorin has been fighting raiders and bandits most of his adult life. Trained first by his father and brother, then his Armsman, his military education is well fleshed, added to by both his voracious hunger for knowledge and his desire to be ready for the oncoming way. Though literate, his library consists mostly of manuals and treatises on war and strategy, with little space for art or literature. Having been too young to fight in the first war, he is eager to prove himself worthy of his land and title.

He has no wife or children, though he has courted the same lover for three years now; the daughter of a neighboring baron, who hasn't received her protective father's blessing as of yet. It is in his mind that glory attained on the front will loosen the older nobleman's grip, thus allowing him to marry her properly. With this in mind, he has been training hard the past few months, using every second not spent actually fighting, eating or sleeping to practice with sword, lance and bow. He is used to fighting alone or with a contingent of men-at-arms, and is unsure of how well he will take to fighting as part of a larger force. Now, he and his retinue of twenty mounted men-at-arms, cook, and blacksmith have left their home in search of honor and plunder.

((I took a few liberties with the terrain, but I can change that if need be, as well as the Barony's wealth and status. Just holler if there's any questions you need answered or information that was unclear.))
Advisory; User is not responsible for any rambling or discontinuity within the above post. Any such behavior should immediately be reported by way of forum post or Private Message. That is all.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:54 am

May I have a second character? I wouldn't ask, but my character is very removed from the day to day happenings of the world and what-not, so...

Name: Tomas

Appearance: Tomas has long black hair held in a pony tail. He stands a little taller than the norm and is either in his uniform, or a light leather tunic. His callused hands are the product of years with a bow.

Weapon(s): A good yew bow that is six feet in length and a dirk he found on a battle field once.

Bio: Tomas is the son of a cooper and his wife. Luke the Older doesn't look a thing like his second son and some say that his wife slept with a man from a troupe of actors and that Tomas was the product. Tomas' older brother, Luke, inherited the cooperage and has some of the best barrels for miles around the village of Yellowton. Never one to sit still, young Tomas would find himself exploring the hills and forests around Yellowton day in and day out. Eventually he caught the interest of some poachers who taught him the skills of the trade, which Tomas was exceptionally good at. This would catch the attention of someone else, though not as fortunate an encounter, and Tomas was offered the choice of service in the military or a hanging. So now Tomas is an archer for the King. He is part of the King's Legion, and for now serves the Duke of Stormpeak by the King's decree. Very valued by nobles for his ability to provide a decent pheasant or a good sized slab of venison no matter the territory, Tomas often finds himself putting food on various lord's tables.

I wanted to branch out and write from another point of view while I write the Marquis. It'll be nice to take a break from politics in an effort to drink and roll in the hay.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 am

Bazil of Albedam is approved.

Peasant archer secondary character for 7achary, approved.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Greetings, new recruits. It's nice to have another fair lady on board (DailyDose), and a writer that does not skimp on description (Anzuth)!

In the meantime, while I should be writing about her, I painted a portrait of my Countess instead:

To zoom a little closer:

http://laurasmuse.deviantart.com/art/Co ... -127969605

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Nicely done.

I hate to do this to you, Irish, but I find I don't really want to play a peasant archer after all. Thank you, and I apologize.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Thats perfectly okay my good rolepayer.

And I hate and yet love your artistic still dod.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sas911 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Name: Kasther Stoack

Appearance: Kasther has a relatively muscular build. Years of training and brutal warfare, has given him very large, broad shoulders. His dark brown hair is cropped short, as he believed longer hair would be a nuisance, an unnecessary burden to have. His long, yet large nose is a dominant feature on his face. A scar runs down his chest, along with many other wounds. He wears a dark tunic, gray chausses, and leather boots. When preparing for battle, he wears a faded gray mail hauberk - undoubtedly due to the fact it has seen with him, 7 years of combat. He also puts on a conical helmet, with a light green surcoat with the emblem of Scardinata (where he was born) - A dark blue arrow and bow

Weapon(s): An arming sword, a small dagger, and a lance

Bio: Kasther was born into a moderately wealthy family. His father had been a reputable military commander, and Kasther was eager to follow. However when Kasther turned 9 years old, his father was sent to secure and protect the nearby town Claustir. The troops succeeded, but it had taken a toll to the soldiers. Kasther’s father, Larist Stoack, had lost his leg after an enemy solider he had assumed dead, suddenly plunged a lance through Larist’s leg. Kasther’s father did not die because of the wound, but soon after, he caught a fatal disease and died.

Kasther’s former eagerness to join the war with his father, was now replaced with vengeance and a sense of justice. Though his reasons to join the army were now of revenge, he did well in combat and was a decent tactician. Joining at the age of 15, he had the ambition to be the best. He fought with great brutality, and was merciless on the field. Some of the men thought he was going to far, even stabbing at quivering bodies to insure their death. Kasther didn’t think that, whenever he stabs a body that seemed to have slight movement, he remembers how his father lost his leg, how the enemy had used such a dirty trick to fight.

sas911
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Kasther Stoack is approved.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:51 pm

My posts might be few and far between for a few weeks to a month, computer troubles.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Well thats a bummer man, I hope it gets cleared up quickly for you.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Lords and Ladies,

I made a map of our fair lands and the boundaries of our political domains. I'm all pooped out after this... I hope it's pretty self-explanatory! I took some liberties, like making Durenham and Armenor into counties and baronies. A lot of Numinor is unaccounted for... in case new folks sign up, or... perhaps our noblemen make new conquests? Anyway, some of the placements were random, but I also tried to think of who should be next to whom...

By the way, Anzuth, I approve of interaction with Bazil. I will be excited to post a reply!

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!