Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Long Live The King OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Long Live The King OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheunholybondZ on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:05 am

Name: Darvon Pacer

Appearance: He is a thick man with short brown hair and a short chin strap beard. He is not the most handsome man in the world but he isn't bad looking, His eyes are a pale gray color, He wears heavy set armor and has no shield. The armor has his family crest on the inside near the neck Which is two dogs siting by three swords. He has a black cape and rides a white horse

Weapon(s): 2 Long swords both strapped to his belt on the right side. He has 4 daggers on his belt.
He also has a knife in his boot just in case.

Bio: As a child he was raised in the heart of nobility but always dreamed of being a knight. At the age of 14 he meet a knight named Onxy Chives who thought him the ways of the sword and trained him in the art of combat. At 16 he became a strong willed fighter with speed and strength almost unmatched but the deaths of his parents forced him to move in with his uncle who had taken all his money that his parents left him. At the age of 17 he ran away from his uncle finding the home of Onxy Chives who took him in as a son and a apprentice. At the age of 20 he became a well known knight who wonders the land saving people from thieves and bandits. He joined the Knights of Beth-horon at the age of 25 to protect in the right and the just.
" Time is but a limitation put on the mind of those who think immortality is an impossibility truth be told that immortality can be reached by what you say in do in this life. It may not be physically possible to be immortal but being remembered is a step in the right direction."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheunholybondZ
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Uh-oh

Um, I'm flattered that you want to join the ranks of Beth-horon.....but the problem is there aren't any =P

The knights were disbanded a decade ago (I'm checking up with the plot right now because I'm going to have to adjust some of my numbers) which is why the bandits popped up. And nobody fights the bandits, ever, they've never killed anyone, they just steal stuff, lots of stuff, and rarely from the populace.

When I finally get my post out there (half way done!) you'll see Beth-horon's only help to the war effort is supplies and weapons. While our culture still honors the cavalry and the majority of the populace are able riders we mainly stay out of violence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheunholybondZ on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Well thanx any way its cool i might come back with a another character.

TheunholybondZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sas911 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Sorry man, but I'm finding that this RP isn't exactly the type that I was looking for. I hardly started posting, and I'm leaving already.. All of you roleplayers are good too, so I'm sure that this roleplay will do awesome without me. Again, sorry for leaving so soon.

sas911
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:29 pm

0.0 What happens next? Anyone about to post or waiting on something before they post?

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:42 pm

I've just posted, waiting on DoD.
Advisory; User is not responsible for any rambling or discontinuity within the above post. Any such behavior should immediately be reported by way of forum post or Private Message. That is all.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DailyDose512 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm not sure I have what I want to post again so I'm going to wait just a little bit.

DailyDose512
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:42 pm

Well sorry to see you go sas911 and I'm waiting for either Iceheart or Saint Michel to post.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 pm

It seems we have a bit of a problem.....neither of those people have logged on in nearly 48 hours....

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Well, not totally, I have their AIMs. I was talking with Iceheart this afternoon, his Internet Explorer is working up and he lost a 600 word post and Saint Michel is currently finishing up a book he's been writing on forever and the end is in sight. I think we'll have a post from either of them soon.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:48 am

Good. I didn't want to lose two people =)

Backstabbing politics is better with lots of people.... ^.^

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 am

LOL That it is, i'm likng where this is goin so it would suck to loos any more people.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey! Backstabbing? That's a harsh word, I try to be polite when I twist the blade.

So, yeah. A broken computer sucks. It might be a few days to a month before I'm posting steadily again. I will try to put more into this thread on a weekly basis, I've invested the most interest in it. And frankly, I don't think you guys could live without the Marquis. I'm doing it for you fans out there! Let me hear a "MARQUIS!"

Hurrah! Hurrah

MARQUIS!

*gasp!* It seems that an rp I was involved in gave my spot away... What is the world coming to when you can't mysteriously disappear for a few days without coming back to Armageddon? You know you've been gone a while when you have over 200 Facebook notifications.
Last edited by 7achary on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 pm

lol

Welcome back 7achary

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 pm

On the topic of backstabbing politics when will the little political spin come in? When will we find out that the king is dead? Also since we're dealing in vast distances and whatnot how are we going to handle the time affect? It can take weeks to move armies, and even simple commands and information would take days at least.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:01 pm

The plan is for the messenger to arrive after the battle is over (with either victory for the Numinorians or another tie), who will announce that the good king is dead, with noble X having taken the capital city (because he wasn't with the army for reason Y) and that everyone will need to head to the capital to pledge their loyalty. Nobles A B C and D will then start barking that they had a better claim to the throne then anyone else, sword will rattle and then the army will break apart, being too tired to fight each other after the great big battle against the Northmen. Backstabbing politics ensues, as everyone either makes a claim for the throne or supports someone's claim to the throne.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:14 am

O....the army is going to break apart......teehee ^.^ Then unfortunately I have a bit of a lead on everyone.....mine broke apart 10 years ago =P

Will the northerners still be playing a part in all this? Not only do I imagine they'd have their preferences in the new king, I also figure they'd take the chance to strike with all the turmoil. Would that be an appropriate assumption?

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:38 am

Well, what the Northmen will be doing remains up in the air at this point. We'll see.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurapika on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:55 am

It seems like an immersive introduction you have there my friend. Cheers for the spectacular plotline.

((I'll write my character up after dinner.))

Name: Ein Un'Draiven

Appearance:
His figure quite lean and hunched. One might say that a lean body cannot carry or wield strength, maybe it's true and all the majestic kings of old believe it too. But in the case of Ein this statement is false. He's not the strongest of boys but his strength can protect him. He's been faced with novice Viking Raiders and bears from the farthest north. He's never been defeated. He carries his strength in the lower part of his arm so he can have more power as he strikes. As he is lean, he's also quite slender as the leanness may suggest.

His hair is a pale brown. Scraggly and Dishelved his string-like locks run down over his ears to his collar, he has quite a fringe that sweeps off to the side. His face, looks quite malnourished; although his face tanned as his mother had the Norsk sun to bless her. His eyes a turquoise entrancing blue, his eyebrows lengthy enough for passers-by to comment. His nose is angular and fits his facial appearance beautifully. His mouth is small and he always looks as if he was pursing his lips in disgust. His cheekbones raised slighty above the top of his nostril and despised his malnourished appearance his cheekbones don't stand out at all.

Weapon(s):
Two Daggers, Carved from Walrus tusks.

And a long sword as the etiquette suggests.

The daggers are his priority in terms of use, his skinny physique makes him quite agile and his dual wield comes as an advantage. Although he has the power, he uses his ability of points in which can decapitate the body’s nerve systems. Pressure points do him well.

A Long sword as the King commanded resides on the back of Ein's back, it's rather futile to place ein with a powerful sword as his daggers are his strongest link. Not a very interesting two-handed sword; probably smithed by a journeyman.

Bio:
Ein was an accident according to his father, but a gift according to his mother. Chirsten-Gardens welcomed Ein graciously as they should. Housewives gave flowers and admired the stunning baby, but there was one person important to Ein's wellbeing that despised of Ein; His own father. "Why! You told me we couldn't produce!" Yelled Mr. Un'draiven two months before the birth. He through a wooden plate at his missus and heaved the table to the floor. Maybe it was the mistreatment of him that made him angry. No-one would know. Despite his father’s despicion, the boy lived.

Ein was never smart, not genetically. He could've had the potential but all his time at school was used thinking and worrying traumatically at what his father might do next. It got out of hand and Ein's father abused Ein and his mother; leaving his mother with a bruised eye and Ein with a broken ankle. One night his father slapped his mother so hard she fainted and hit the floor awkwardly. Ein through his fork to the stone floor he punched his father square in his nose. Leaving Ein the only one conscious. Ein couldn't take it. The traumatic flashbacks and the pressure. So he left. He gave the norsk knights notice of his mistreatment and left his mother a kind note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He resided north a few villages above Chirsten. He started at a butcher at the age of 14 and created enough money for himself to buy a small peaceful stone cottage. His residence was often broken-into but never nothing Ein couldn't manage. One day. The handsome untroubled seventeen year old Ein caught his eye on a roll of parchment nailed to a tree. His initial though was that it was a bounty for some troublesome peasant who kept stealing cutlery. Except it was a recruitment notice. Konungr wants loyal knights for his army. Ein snarled into a cheeky smirk. "Konungr eh? He's dat one what faces Numinor. Not a chance." Ein's wording was off a bit but he was still able to comprehend most things especially the body.

As he was stroding sleepily into the Greedenvale butcher; he caught his eye on something quite suspicious. "Of c-c-c-ourse I payed for the bread." one of Konungr's Lackeys was threatening an old women. Ein thought of his dreadful past asnd stepped in. He jabbed the Knight in the ribs and pushed his thumb unto his shoulder. Which left the knight on the floor unable to move his right arm. The old lady thanked him and ran off. Early in the morning the next day; Ein got a knock on his flimsy wooden door. "Pshh what a peasant why are we recruiting this scum," Said the knocker in disgust. Ein opened the door unaware of what was going to happen. "Ha-ha! Welcome sunshine."

The people turned out to be Konungr's Knights; Ein was observed as he assaulted the guards yet instead of anger; they were pleased. They were in Dire need of men and without reluctance placed Ein as a baron. He needed a place to resolve unspoken, unresolved anger. Now he had found where his heart belonged.

(( Hopefully that was okay. I have probably composed something terrible but I ask that you could please let me in!))
Last edited by Kurapika on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurapika
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:57 am

Um, is power like magic? Also is this our first non-Numinor character? 0.0 Yippy!

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!