Machines of War

Machines of War

The year is 2257, with the world in three parts and humanity at its peak, who will rise to the top of the world stage?

Owner:
Game Masters:
Tags: (Add Tags »)
This topic is an Out Of Character part of the roleplay, “Machines of War”. Anything posted here will also show up there.

OOC » Machines of War

Topic Tags:

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

[OOC] Machines of War

Postby Elrith Eldwind on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:49 pm

I am still getting the RP up, but if you have a character already submit and I'll reply ASAP.
Elrith Eldwind
Member for 4 years

Re: [OOC] Machines of War

Postby Elrith Eldwind on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:29 pm

okay, your clear to begin posting. And bring some friends, we need more ppl!
Elrith Eldwind
Member for 4 years

Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 pm

hey, sorry it took so long, my computer messed up, but i should have a character up soon

i do have a couple of questions though...
1) i am assuming that for the most part mechs will have normal ballistic weapons, aside from the blades? IE lasers and such won't be very common?
2) would it be possible for you to make a sort of chart or list or something for the nations? i am a slow reader, so going back reading through the rp to look for the nations and who they are with and against and where they are is a bit of a bother for me. it isn't a problem so much as it just takes me a while, so in the rp my posts might come slower...
'Everybody lies.' -House

Konoha Chronicles
Chronicles of Fate

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 4 years

Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Well, as I gather, the UWP and NAC are actively against each other, Liberty, Japan, and former EU are neutral, but I guess UWP has attacked Liberty...so far, the pilots are Vincent 'Red Menace' van Matteus (really Elrich von Richt) for the UWP and Gabriel 'Harbinger' Hierarch for Liberty
Soviet Rei
Member for 4 years

Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

okay, the main thing is i just need a way to come into the story i suppose then, cause i don't really see any reason for my guy to just walts into combat since he's a mech...that and i was thinking of where his base/house might be...i guess somewhere in Liberty
Soul_Alchemist
Member for 4 years

Postby Soviet Rei on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Well, I thought beam technology was really new and experimental, but after seeing the latest character's weapons, I guess not :P So I'll edit my mech's arsenal.
Soviet Rei
Member for 4 years

Postby Alexius Valentine on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 am

Um I sorta don't know how to join into the roleplay? Can you give some suggestions please? -_-''
Alexius Valentine
Member for 4 years

Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:06 am

Well, the situation currently is that the UWP has essentially defeated Liberty at Anchor. You're a freelancer, so I suppose you can act as if you're in employ by whichever side you wish :/ We have no NAC pilots, I suppose you could be employed by them since the Red Corps (me) will be on their way to fight the NAC soon
Soviet Rei
Member for 4 years

Postby Alexius Valentine on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:12 am

Oh yeah...the way I joined the rping in mecha wars...your other character in that rp drove me nuts. xD
Alexius Valentine
Member for 4 years

Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:23 am

You had a character in Mecha War? I don't recall that...perhaps you're thinking of a different RP. Having checked I don't think you were in Mecha War. Unless you're Metsumi or someone who created another account :/
Soviet Rei
Member for 4 years

Postby Alexius Valentine on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:27 am

I was on my sister's account for a few days on that rp until it went dead. -_- Was pretty fun thought messing around with you charcter.
Alexius Valentine
Member for 4 years

Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:45 am

Yeah, it was...pity that CoboAngel apparently went inactive >_>
Soviet Rei
Member for 4 years

Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 pm

working on a character, should have it up by the end of the day at the lastest. posting this here despite the PMs so i can keep this place in my subscriptions
Soul_Alchemist
Member for 4 years

Postby Elrith Eldwind on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Yes, the RP has reset an im going to post in the RPers wanted Section to try and drum up players. Anyone who has friends who may be interested please pm them and enjoy. This rp will hopefully be nearing completetion soon, immediately after that will be the next of the three part RP and so on. Anyone with any idea on cannon rps should PM immediately please, i really enjoy hearing others thoughts.
Elrith Eldwind
Member for 4 years

Postby elloit on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry the picture I put in the description isn't anime, but it's taken me three hours just to find that one. If I see a better picture, I'll update it.
In the meantime, I'm just going to make my first post now. :)
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...
elloit
Member for 4 years

Postby Elrith Eldwind on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Its okay, i'm hoping some more ppl will join so we can move on soon to the UWP battles and then to the NAC saga but that means that we have to advertise, and post when it suits you, i'm not enforcing a strict post order, not with this few ppl.
Elrith Eldwind
Member for 4 years

Postby Jacob Winchester on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey Elrith will you be handling the npcs or do we each run our own? Reason I ask is like to have alittle more insight to the UWP and the NAC before I try to do anything with them other then my own character.
Jacob Winchester
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Postby Elrith Eldwind on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm gonna Leave the UWP all to you and you have your own NPCs, as I'm sure that you can make your own Corp to run like how Soveit Rei did, i would like her to come back but she hasn't been on for aw while so yeah, do what you will, i'll make an NPC thread
Elrith Eldwind
Member for 4 years

Postby Jacob Winchester on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Ok so I understand I'm handling any npcs I create. What about the random nameless npc, will you be handling them for when and if there is a random encounter between the UWP and NAC? As to the random encounters are you handling those or is it up to each player to come up with and handle their own?
Jacob Winchester
Contributor
Member for 3 years

Postby Oblivian on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:51 pm

This looks interesting, but I wanted to ask first if it was possible to create a character that was a victim of the war's destruction and can be part of a seperate group that is just trying to defend the people that are caught up in this mess.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends
Oblivian
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.