Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Moonlight Sonata: Chapter 2

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Moonlight Sonata: Chapter 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:09 am

Soft murmurs could be heard close by followed by footsteps.
Two people.
5’4’’ weight 115lbs.
5’6’’ weight 150lbs.
Human female.
Human male.
Female, one week pregnant.
Male, drinker.

Two light blue coloured eyes shot open rather suddenly feeling something soft brushing against the girl’s cheek. Her vision was blurry for just a moment as her eyes struggled to adjust to the brightness from the white light on the ceiling. The cream, white coloured walls were not helping with the sudden brightness.
“She’s a wake Doctor.”
English.
The girl turned to her right seeing the one week pregnant woman standing right beside the bed she was laying in and noticed she was holding a needle. Where was she? The blue eyes trailed down at the woman’s jacket stopping level to the woman’s chest as she read the logo.

Saint Matthews Hospital
Nurse Lucy

“That is good news,” a husky voice spoke from the corner of the room as her gaze quickly shifted again this time towards the doctor. As the blue eyed girl was busy staring at the doctor and breathing in his foul alcoholic smell the nurse stepped towards her about to reach out and grab hold of her wrist but it was almost like the girl knew it was coming and leapt out of the bed. She grabbed hold of the nurse’s wrist and twisted her arm around to the back with one hand and with her other she literary smashed the needle out of Lucy’s hand. Before the doctor could so much as blink and before Lucy could cry out in pain at her broken wrist the girl had the needle right up against the nurse’s neck and glanced towards the doctor.

“What do you think you are doing?”

She spoke rather fiercely although her facial expression seemed to lack any kind of emotion. “Please don’t hurt me…please…” The nurse pleaded but the girl did not show any signs of letting her go as she just stared at the doctor waiting for an answer.
“We are trying to help you, you were in an accident...how about you let her go and we can talk about it all…” she watched as the doctor took a step back from the two women which was rather strange thing to do but before she had time to react the doctor had pressed the security alarm. “Wrong move…” she mumbled underneath her breath as she stuck the needle into the nurse’s neck before pulling her closer to whisper in her ear. “I am not the type to hurt children….let alone humans…but your lover did a bad thing.”

Lucy cried out in pain again as the girl pushed her hard onto the ground, holding the empty needle in her hand by her side as she looked over towards the doctor who was holding a strange kind of medical equipment in his hand pointing it at her. “Stay back…” he spoke not very confidently as his outstretched hand shook rather vigorously. “Like I told her I never planned to hurt you, I just want to know what is going on here?” She twirled the needle in her fingers as she just stared at the alcoholic waiting for his answer and hopefully this time he would give her the right one. “I don’t know what you mean…this is a hospital, you were in an accident and you were brought in here…we have been treating you.”

They stood in silence for a moment before the girl brushed a small strain of hair out of her face. “How come I can not remember?” “Shock…it happens too many,” the doctor faintly spoke, lowering his arm a little as he was clearly struggling to hold it in place. “How come I was put into west wing then, where only patients who are in need of some sort of protection need to be?....” she spoke rather coldly as she stopped twirling the needle in her hand hearing footsteps outside in the hallway heading towards the room in a rather hurry. “I do not…they just told me to make sure you are under surveillance and protection 24 hours a day, please just put the needle down and relax,” he half smiled. “Who are they?” But before the doctor could answer the door burst open as two security guards came running in heavily armed.

The girl did not wait around to get tasered and quickly grabbed a nearly by chair throwing at the window before leaping out after the chair. Luckily for her she had calculated the location of her room perfectly and therefore her fall was not very high. She landed almost elegantly on her feet before dashing off into a nearby alleyway not bothering to turn around and see if the guards would follow. As she came to a halt in the shadows the words of the doctor seemed to be running through her mind over and over again.

They just told me to make sure you are under surveillance and protection 24 hours a day. They? Who where they? Why was she in an accident? What kind of accident?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Cool chilling air blows through the open window. A flickering candle is the only source of light in the dimly lit room. A small black bat, hardly bigger than a thumb, lands on the cracked windowsill.
“Ah, Dante. Already home,” whispers a faint voice before pale, bony fingers reach for the animal. Otto leans back into his creaking wooden chair while his forefinger is gently scratching Dante’s belly. “Tell me, Dante, what thall we do with thith naughty bathtard?”
His eyes wander to a picture on the ale-bench before him. It shows a man, perhaps fifty years old, in a very compromising position with a slightly younger woman. A grin spreads over his lips. “Finally we got him.”

The candle is nearly burned down to the socket when Otto scratches the last notes on a piece of yellowed paper.

…Although the old homeless shelter may be the perfect place for a new gas station, it would be a shame when those people are forced to sleep on the street again. Think of all those bums bothering you on your way to your beloved new honey. It would be a shame if they spoil the fun for you. Therefore, I highly recommend reconsidering the plans of your company.
PS: your wife makes absolutely delicious cakes. I could not resist tasting a small slice last night. Please, I did not want to wake her, could you pass my compliments to her?

Satisfied, he puts a copy of the picture into the envelope and seals it with red wax, puts the letter on his desk and closes his eyes, listening to the sounds of the night: the yelling of drunken teenagers, the swelling rumble of approaching trucks and the fading siren of a police car. Somehow Otto misses the old, quiet days.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

"Finally night time arrives..." Ryoko thought slightly annoyed at having been stuck in the abandon house all day. "I think we totally missed Jo, so I guess I'll wait for her to find us.." he shot over to Miyu as the two of them got into the car and rode off down the slick, salted road. Ryoko's mind wandered slightly as his hot blue gaze partly glanced out of the window. *CRASH!* He took a double take as a chair fell from the window of a hospital, suprising the people below.

After a moment or two a young leapt out of the same window, landing softly to the ground and running off. "Something is always wrong in this town..no human could hop out of a window that high without walking funny. I guess I'll check it out; usually folks don't check out of hospitals with chairs or broken windows..Miyu take the car to the other side of that alleyway, I'm dying to run around after being stuck in that hell all day.."Miyu simply nodded and got into the driver seat as Ryoko sprint off into the dark alleyway. "Hmm..she's a human by the smell..probably has some augments by the look of that fall. They probably showed her the bill..." Laughed softly to himself as he followed her the scent of her blood. Trying to look more inconspicuous, he immediately began to whistle. Scrutinizing around him carefully as he slowed down to a walk. "Miyu should stop her around the end of this alley..I can take my time.."

He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling a sudden migraine appear; he had been so preoccupied with been stuck he didn't even feed. He feel a bit nauseated but shook it off and kept walking.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 am

"This is Fire Chief Wayne Roderhouse of the Dansol fire department. This apartment is now being evacuated. Could please have all inhabitants leave if they are able?"

Otto awakes with a start. Evacuation? What is going on? Worried, he turns the old TV on.

”It seems that what was originally though to be a chemical spill has now been identified as a deadly strain of virus called the Black Hind Virus, the first reports of this…”

Interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------

Crouching in the shadow of a chimney, Otto observes the street below. The hospital was quite large and with the plague and the ongoing evacuation humans teemed like ants in front of it. It will not be easy to get inside. Still, he had to know more about this plague. It affects humans and vampires alike. In over 500 years such a thing never happened. He was sure the Black Hand Virus was artificially crafted by the government. But first, he needs first hand information about the disease. Silently, he waits for a good opportunity to enter the hospital.

Suddenly, a window crashed and a young woman leaps out of it. Fleeing, she runs into the next alleyway. Another man, obviously no hospital security guard, follows her. Perhaps he was an agent? That girl most likely pissed the government off. She may know something they want to hide.

A few seconds later a huge, white bat is flying over the alleyway, following the strange woman and her pursuer.
Last edited by Darkane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 am

Brian left the convenience store as he hung up on Aaron. Apparently Aaron, and the superiors demanded he patrolled the hospital districts, which was right next to the quarantine zone. In truth this got Brian slightly nervous. He checked his watch, and rubbed his eyes. ugh why couldn't they just find a random patrol car.

As Brian got into the car he was beginning to think he was getting all of the life threatening details just because someone in the chain of command had a personal vendetta against him. The random, and paranoid thought startled Brian. He quickly dismissed the thought, and focused on driving. He made a left turn, and continued to rumbled down the slums, occasionally meeting a glare or two when the road wasn't too busy.

He made it to the quarantine zone, and watched as the civilians rush out of the apartments. He silently stepped out of his car, and leaned against it as he watched the commotion unfold. He quietly yawned with his hand over his mouth, and after a while of standing there, he soon became frustrated when a street camera swiveled over to Brian. He crossed his arms, and gave the camera a stern glare before checking his watch again.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 pm

The blonde haired girl’s mind went blank as she smelt something sinister in the air. She could hear his footsteps coming from behind her, the street she had come from but he was not alone. His partner in crime was in front of her, blocking the exit with a car. But that wasn’t all, the sound of flapping wings could be heard above her but she did not bother to look up. She could tell they weren’t here to just say ‘hello’ or passing by, they had seen her leap from the window. But what was so unusual from her leaping from a window, don’t most people do that? Unless of course these were the people the doctor was talking about.

She shook her head to get some of her hair out of her face as she took in another deep breath.
Vampires.
Her pupils instinctively dilate a little as her face hardened.

---
Meanwhile Two miles away…
“Sir, sir look....we have found her…Geno 472 has been activated.”
“Well don’t just stand here send out a team.”
The man leapt out of his seat with excitement like a little boy on Christmas morning hoping out of his bed to find the presents underneath the tree. The man quickly hurried towards the alarm to set it off, while the Doctor just grinned happily at the computer screen.
“Soon you will be home again,” he mumbled underneath his breath.
---

The blue eyes trailed towards a drain pipe before she vigorously kicked at it pulling of parts of it to use, just in case. She casually walked closer into the alleyway not in much of a hurry and looking almost like a robot. She came to a halt seeing some dumpsters. She glanced back for a moment seeing the outline of the vampire coming towards her as she stepped behind the dumpster. The girl pressed her body up close to the cold cement wall, gripping the pole in her hands tightly as she waited for the scum to come into full view.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 pm

It was hard to keep up with their breath-taking speed. Had he stayed in his human form, Otto would not have been able to follow them through the alleyways. He was determines to help her, dead people only pose riddles, they rarely unravel them. Though watching her pursuer, he doubted he would be able to confront him in combat.

“Don’t be bloody stupid. I did not bless you with immortality and nursed you through your first years as a vampire to watch you throwing your life away. Heroes die, you fool!
The candle of a hero burns bright. It consumes the flames of those surrounding them, leads them to glory. But it burns short. They die young and are forgotten, while those who survive write history. They determine who will have eternal life. They choose whom mankind will remember.
Think, do not throw your life away and most of all, let others fight your war and embrace the shadow, for you cannot fight the invisible.”

For nearly 600 years this council of his tutor, the demon that cursed his soul, never betrayed him. He cannot fight the man, but he can search for other ways. With the keen senses of a nocturnal predator he observed them, scouted for escape routes or fatal deadlocks. Watched the streets for backup he could alarm.

Then the girl stopped. It was almost surreal how confidently she grabbed the metal rod. Her gaze was cold where others would have panicked. For the first time, Otto realized that the blonde woman on the street below him was no normal human.

With widely spread wings, Otto silently swooped down to a gutter about twenty feet above her head. Hanging upside down, he melted with the shadow, embraced the darkness as his master taught him an eternity ago. Unseen he watched the scene.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Ryoko knew what the situation was, in 600 years he had easily gotten ambushed 100 or more times, and the sound of something being hit pretty much alerted him to where she might be. "Listen up, I know you can hear me!..put down the pipe..I can hear you, so there's only so many places you can be. Were not he to hurt you, I was just wondering what you were doing hopping out of hospital windows? Any besides that..there's another vampire on your tail.." He looked around, feeling the presence of another vampire, but he was blind to where he was. "I was only going to ask some questions, and believe me, I don't like surprises..and unless you have an army, you won't get a hit off.."

"I guess curiosity killed the cat..." Ryoko thought to himself. "Luckily, not too much can kill me.." he laughed in his thoughts again, waiting to see what the girl would do. He slid his hands into the pockets of his long coat.

Meanwhile Miyu stepped up after blocking the only way out of the alley with the car. And she had simply leaned up against the nearest wall, not bothering to get into the whole thing.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Brian continued to lean against his vehicle, and with every second his agitation towards the people that had tagged him with this detail, grew. He was nearly about to get back into the car an leave, but just then his cellphone vibrated once indicating that he had just received a text. He dug through his suit pocket until his hand grasped around his cell phone. He flipped it open, and continued to read the message written across the screen.

'Across the street, and to your left for around 50 feet.' The message ended there. Brian flipped it closed as he followed the directions with his eyes until it rested on a car blocking an ally way. Along with that he noticed a familiar looking woman leaning against the wall next to the car. more precisely, it was the woman from before with that other vampire.

Great, just great! Brian thought as he glared at a street camera. He wasn't a damn parking meter. He was a detective. He shook his head in disappointment, and waited there trying to decide if he should confront the Vampire, and his companion again.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 pm

The presence of the bat like creature was close by as she quickly gazed above to see if she could see it but it was pitch black. Her gaze stayed there for a moment, staring blankly into the nothingness before hearing someone speaking. The voice seemed very calm and in control although when he spoke about another person being around who clearly wasn’t part of his crew he seemed a tad worried.

“…unless you have an army.”
That word seemed to somehow trigger something in her mind as random images flicked up in her head, like a flashback. Her head started hurting bounding and aching as she dropped the pipe to hold her head as it bounded while images kept popping up in her mind. “Please make it stop…” she cried out before falling to her knees. “I don’t want to do it….” But as quickly as the ‘headaches’ began they stopped again.

The girl’s head popped up again, looking blankly again like before and like nothing had happened. She rose to her feet picking the pipe up again before stepping out from behind the dumpster. The girl walked towards the vampire still wearing the white hospital gown before coming to a halt a couple of metres before him. She looked straight at him before opening her mouth to speak. “That’s what they all say...I just want to ask some questions…I won’t bite…don’t give me that bullshit.” She spoke rather coldly but with no facial expressions at all, almost like a robot who is only programmed to say a few words.

“I’m guessing you just want to ask questions two…” without warning she spun around and throw the pipe up towards the roof top, although it didn’t hit anything and just dropped back to the ground. She just wanted to show that bat thing that she knew that he was up there watching. Her attention was drawn back to the vampire standing before her. “I’m guessing your bitch will be joining us soon since you filthy things never play fair…” She took a step closer and just stared, not showing any signs of fear, her heart seemed to beating the same as she walked right up to him. “Why don’t you take a quick bite now just in case you aren’t able to get any when we fight.” She titled her head to the side to open her neck up towards him as she just waited for what he would do.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm

While listening for her answer, he heard the girl speak, but she obviously wasn't talking to him. She actually sounded like she was having a couple of problems even. At once she stepped out from behind the dumpster, and walked toward him, soon stopping a couple meters in front of him. “That’s what they all say...I just want to ask some questions…I won’t bite…don’t give me that bullshit.” the girl shot at him coldly. He cut her off for a second. "Well, I wouldn't say I don't bite.." She spoke again, cutting him off, throwing the pipe up towards the roof top, and looking up as well.

She could feel the other guy, presence too it seemed, but he didn't budge or back up, her saw in her calves and arms, she was alot stronger than she looked, but her muscles weren't tightening like she was going to attack. “I’m guessing your bitch will be joining us soon since you filthy things never play fair…” He took a hand from his pocket and scratched his chin softly, poking behind her at Miyu, directing her attention to her. "Well, we wouldn't fight dirty for one; two, she's a asleep right now." He chuckled a bit. They hadn't been able to sleep while trapped in the house because of crumbling walls and they were of course tired.

“I’m guessing you just want to ask questions two…” He nodded. "Yeah, I was curious so I wanted to ask, what the hell happened in the hospital there to make you jump out of the window?..Did you get a really high doctor's bill? I was just a bit curious. And most people don't go around smashing windows..and of course you can feel the other guy here. I thought he might be after you. As you can see, I actually might give a damn about people getting attacked by vampires and the like."

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:04 am

The girl’s head twitched rather oddly.

Two miles away…..
“Doc….the Geno472 appears to be malfunctioning; all our data and codes are mixing up with each other.”
“How far before the team arrive at the destination?”
“Um, there about 15-20 minutes out…what shall we do?”
The doctor rubbed his temples for a moment trying to work out what to do. “Let me try something…” The Doctor quickly took a seat in front of the computer and started typing away at the keyboard.

Her head straightened back up before without notice she pushed him hard by the shoulder, shoving him a few footsteps away from her before she turned away and walked a little forward. “I do not answer…I just….I just….clean up.” She clenched her fingers together to form fists by her side before turning back towards him. “Stop playing games…stop acting all nice and pretending that you actually care about the safety of a human. You are all KILLERS…..bloodsucking murders that need to be killed. Now stop fucking around and do what you do best….attack me, so I can finish you off and move on to that freak sitting up on the roof top and then smash sleeping beauties face in.”

The girl blinked for just a second but when she looked back at the vampire, he looked different. He was dressed in a white lab coat, wearing big black glass and holding a bloody scalpel in his hand. All of the sudden she started to feel rather angry and pissed off but on the outside she just looked blank. “What the hell did you do to me?” She then heard laughter, mad and loud crazy laughter coming from the figure before her but every time she blinked she would see the vampire again but then she blinked again and it was the strange figure. “STOP IT!!!! Stop laughing…” The girls grasped her ears turning to make the laughter stop but it seemed to only grow louder and louder. “SHUT UP!!!!!” The blonde girl picked up one of the dumpsters although it wasn’t really such a big one it was still very hard for a human girl her size to lift one of them. She threw it straight towards the vampire, she knew he would easily be able to dodge it but that wasn’t the point she just wanted the laughter to stop.

The dumpster smashed onto the ground spilling its contents all over the floor and the laughter came to a halt and everything returned to looking they way it did before. The girl stood there breathing heavily as her pupils seemed to return to their normal size. “What do you people want from me?” She gazed back towards him this time she clearly looked confused with what was going on.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:38 am

“…there's another vampire on your tail.."

The white bat gulped. They did not know where he was hiding, or even that he was a bat right now. It was the ability of prey feeling the presence of a lurking predator. The thought of himself as a beast of prey made Otto smile innerly. This deer would most likely chew the clawless, feeble wolf. But there was no reason to worry yet. They did not know who he was and if the guy was a criminal or really one of those government agents, he would not break the law with unknown witnesses. Silently, Otto waited what would happen next.

The rod landed on the ground with a metallic clank, echoing through the narrow passage.

What the fuck?! Did she just throw it at me? How…?

“…attack me, so I can finish you off and move on to that freak sitting up on the roof top and then smash sleeping beauties face in.”

What the fuck?! How…?

“STOP IT!!!! Stop laughing…”

Otto was not aware that the hospital also treated mental disorders. But he knew that the guy who gave her augmentations was really sick in the head. He could not do much but wait what will happen next. It was the second time for tonight where he wished the old days back, where disturbed humans had no augmentations… and where he still possessed his old knight’s armor.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:05 pm

At once the girl pushed him hard by the shoulder, and he stumbled back a bit. He was for attacking people random, so he was going to wait until she decided on it first. She was freaking out, but he only heard the last bit of what she said.. "..smash sleeping beauties face in.." As she finished, Miyu got back interested and woke up to watch, which was NOT good. She suddenly gripped her head and began yelling. “STOP IT!!!! Stop laughing…SHUT UP!!!!!” Then she grabbed a trashcan...or rather a dumpster, and threw it at him. He immediately stepped back to open the distance, and his right leg snapped into a kick that completely stopped the dumpster and "caught" it in a sense, and with a lift of his leg, sent it behind him, nearly leaving it out of the alleyway completely.

"Careful, you could totally messed up my hair with that..I'm sure it sucks to be laughed at, but mess up great hair will only make everyone angry." she began to calm down at this point, at least as calm as she would get in his mind. “What do you people want from me?” he thought for a second. "Well, I wanted to know about the hospital..Miyu probably wanted a fight, cause she woke up, the folks that gave you a dose of crazy probably want there crazy back, and the other guy, probably wants a donation. I'd say thats about it really.."

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Jo let the pale horse into the warehouse not taking the time to make sure it was not followed, in truth she didn't really care. The animal pranced in and took its place not far from the metal door, grain, hay, and a bucket of water waited for the animal as Jo slid the saddle, the bridal, and the rest of the equipment from the beast. She brushed the horse down cleaned her hooves before turning her attention to Gespie. Finding him was always a problem, for the most part he never was quiet long enough to get lost, but his illusions made it nearly impossible to know for sure if you had the real Gespie. She moved to the warehouse's security system control panel and activated the entire system on full alert. The massive building groaned slightly the cameras and security weaponry came online. One of the advantages of being the daughter of an overly paranoid leach was the fact that they took every opportunity to arm and update every possible piece of technology and weaponry they own.

It helped also that Jo's sister had kept the warehouse in good repair, and that the family used this particular building to secure some of their most prized possessions. Scrolls from Alexandria, Babylon, Egypt lined the walls in pressure sealed containers and humidity controlled lockers. The entire warehouse was filled with antiques that were considered rare and valuable even in 324 BC when Alexander the great took them from the vaults of the countries he conquered. Jo's family had protected his treasure for generations, more out of respect for history then respect for their late Sire. They had all helped Jo kill the man so his wishes were not something that any of them voiced valuing.. though killing each other was a normal practice as well.

The read out from the scanners flashed over the screen before Jo's blue eyes the entire warehouse was then drenched in darkness as she turned out the lights. The red glow of the screen before her flashed creating the only light in the huge warehouse as her fingers slid over the image magnifying it. She found Gespie and smiled as she locked the security consul and darkness blanketed every corner of the huge building. Gespie wouldn't hear her advance but he might sense her, Jo was not one to keep her emotions in check and because of it he might often become almost overwhelmed by the intensity of her feelings. She slid her fingers over Gespie's face and then scooped him up caring him to a corner of the warehouse; she sat the small boy down and then pulled up the trap door that revealed the coffin she slept in. Along with Jo's family’s age, they had a particular weakness; they had to have soil soaked in their sire's blood in order to maintain their youthful appearance. The coffin held such soil and even when she didn't have it she carried parts of the soil with her at all times. Even just the light touch of her fingers against it would allow the demonic energies that created her to renew her strength and immortality.

"Le'ds 'ave a look a'd yar face boyo?" She slid his hood back and gently ran her fingers over his face. "Ya need ta keep ou'd of the sun Lad." She would attempt to pull Gespie into a tight hug and then pull him into the coffin with her, closing the trap door but leaving the coffin open for now. "I'd will 'eal.. I'll try ta 'unt down someone fer ya ta feed from tonigh'd boyo." She would curl her small form around him hugging him close as she pulled the coffin closed above them. The soil smelled sweet, oddly it had a deep soothing fragrance much like Jo's blood, it had an allure that many vampire's blood possessed. The security system would keep the entire warehouse locked down tightly, waiting for the command to stand down from the small woman that held Gespie hidden beneath the floor.

Night slid through the deepest reaches of the city, it seemed like even the buildings themselves huddled against the cold. Most people hid within their homes or in their cars as the streets teamed with life. People bundled in thick coats and long jackets slid around the sidewalks, however not everything huddled from the cold, some seemed to embrace it. Jo's hand slid about Gespie's as they walked down the sidewalks. Jo herself was dressed in a black tank top and blood stained tight jeans. Her long red hair bounced against her small curves as she walked at a casual pace. Walking she was not much taller than Gespie, and her bone structure was far lighter then the boys. Her eyes scanned the area around her as she looked for Ryoko and his half leach blood doll. Her eyes slid about the streets until she heard a panicked voice that caused her to pause and listen.

Her blue eyes closed as she focused in on the sound, it sounded like a woman’s voice.. panicked disturbed.. and others. She frowned as she looked down at Gespie and then seeing his face she smiled brightly and gave his hand a light squeeze, ”Le’ds ge’d ya on me back then we can ge’d something fer ya ta ea’d ok?” She pulled Gespie up onto her back and then dashed off through the streets her form blurred sending paper and debris flying this way and that. She slowed upon seeing the cause of the screams and heated words only to find a woman in what looked like a hospital gown with Miyu not far away. Jo grinned brightly and then peaked over her shoulder at Gespie, ”Boyo.. why don’ ya feed off of the half leach ovar thar and maybe we can ge’d ‘er ta leave tha’d poor ‘uman alone ok? … Don’ ge’d too close though ok?” Jo let Gespie slip to the ground if he wanted her form hidden in the shadows of the alley though her glowing blue eyes were a definite indication of her presence. Letting Gespie feed off of Miyu’s emotions seemed like a good choice at the moment, she had no doubt the woman was up to no good anyway. Her eyes slid about the alley and street looking for her master though.. at the very least he would make a nice midnight snack for herself. She caught sight of Ryoko right next to the agitated human. She frowned and tensed as she realized him and Miyu had the excapes routes for the human blocked. Her eyes continued to watch the scene before her play out not wanting to act until she was sure that the human was actualy in trouble.
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Brian tapped the roof of his car as he itched his shoulder without really noticing he was doing so until pain finally lanced up his shoulder, and down his left arm all of the way to the fingertips. His left hand tingled slightly until he rubbed the feeling back into it with his right.

He heard hysteric raised voices emanating from the depths of the dark ally-way, of which was blocked by a vehicle. Instantly this raised a red-flag in Brian's mind. Aaron didn't have audio capabilities in the section of the city yet, so it was safe to say that if Brian got into any trouble, Aaron would be hard-pressed to call backup.

Brian sighed, and crossed the street, Brian imagined how this would seem. A man in a suit with a somewhat loose tie, looking as if he had just weathered a hurricane walking sternly under the illumination of one of the streetlamps. His police harness gave a barely audible click as his pistol rubbed against one of the clips holding it into place. His brown eyes drilled into his destination as he continued to walk with purpose. He calmly stopped very close to the car, and took the time to examine the scene. A woman appearing very flustered, and a vampire with some parking issues.

He cleared his throat still contemplating on what to say. Brian adopted a somewhat sarcastic tone, and spoke.

"You know, something doesn't really seem right about this situation here.... but I cant really put my finger on it." He said as his left hand rested on something inside of his suit. "I'm a little slow here, so would you care enough to explain?" Brian said with a tone of authority.

(Sorry for the short post)

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyavi mortifiedmoon on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Gespie chewed lightly on his bottom lip, half zoned out, but not calm. As his mother approached his sleeping form, Gespie's aura manifested a vampire behind Jo Mcgreggor. The being's face was cloaked in the darkness, Gespie's blood compelled his words as his nose wiggled at the familiar scent, "Father". Gespie slipped far back into his slumber as his mother's hand washed over his face. The darkness in Gespie's subconsciousness embraced one area lit by a single bulb. There sat a orange haired man carrying the scent of decay to those who had the heightened sense to smell it.

"Mr. blithe ", The orange haired vampire stood up as he spoke to Gespie, at the flick of his pinky the chair beneath him launched upward and shattered the glass bulb to floor with sparks flaring in every direction and exhibiting his dreaded tone. " I say mister, because we want to establish that you are not a child any more. We have waited long enough, These games you play, they end now. You WILL play my games." The vampire's irritation showed the wrinkles that gave only a minor hint to his true age on his young skin. The cage that held Gespie rattled at the force of the Orange haired vampire pounding his palm to the bars, he repeatedly abused the cage as much as was necessary to get Gespie's attention.

"OH YOU LITTLE .. IN The next fight, you better kill !!! THINK about your father's reputation. You just sit there in your little day dreams, Grow up boy!", The green eyes of the vampire easily saw Gespie's 3 year old body laying in the darkness of the cage. Gespie was no older than those 3 years in vampire years or human, his features showed no sign of him paying any attention to the vampire's words. "You dont care if you bleed to death, but your father will have to watch you die tonight, that will break his heart! Think on it, make your decision wisely"

Gespie's insanity unleashed a number of murderers from his past, vampires Jo Mcgreggor was guilty of slaying. Deep in the coffin both the child and his mother were hidden from their pursuers. The clan of vampires walked about the warehouse, searching for something, they didn't know what it was they desired. Possibly the vampires did not really desire anything, they were only hallucinations conjured by Gespie's insanity, with no real soul of their own, completely submissive to Gespie's insanity. Gespie's father leaned his head back, his hand caressed the secret door over the coffin hidden in the ground that he sat upon, as if he knew to protect this coffin was his duty.

"Why are you not helping us Streiter?', A vampire covered in pure black skin with blue neon paint tracing his facial features, grabbed Streiter's jaw with his claws buried deep in skin. Gespie's father ignored the vampire's grip, no matter how hard he squeezed, "I am helping, by showing you how to chill. We don't have anything to find, we should just stop searching. Follow my lead and just relax." ....

Night slid through the deepest reaches of the city, it seemed like even the buildings themselves huddled against the cold. Most people hid within their homes or in their cars as the streets teamed with life. People bundled in thick coats and long jackets slid around the sidewalks, however not everything huddled from the cold, some seemed to embrace it. Jo's hand slid about Gespie's as they walked down the sidewalks.

The Gespie Munterkeit trotting along Jo's side was not the lifeless caged angel from the dream, but a killer with an innocent charm and many souls destroyed by his hand. Gespie glanced back as a scale covered snout nuzzled his leg. The crocodile appeared to be smiling at Gespie, but how could you really tell if such thing happened, it was after all just a powerful spell of Gespie's insanity. Gespie's hand dropped to the crocodile's snout, his fingers waved bye as Jo heaved the child onto her back and took off in the direction of Ryoko.

Gespie faintly remembered being promised food, he gave notice to Jo's words, but as for if any one else attempting to communicate with the child, that wont get any where near as close to him in his day dreams as Jo's words. The crocodile waltzed over to Gespie as if it had never been left behind so many blocks ago. Gespie leaped in the air, his feet touched the scales along the back of the crocodile, as he settled into place. The crocodile and child lumbered over to Miyu, Gespie's tongue hung out as he painted like a canine.

The boy would look like a cute child dressed as a small wolf to all the occupants of the alley. His hand reached out to Miyu, and his finger uncurled to poke her lightly. Gespie couldn't feel any emotion from this girl, he almost thought she was dead, Gespie rarely pays attention to physical aspects of vital signs, so emotion is the only way he gauges a person's state of life or death. "Dies frau ist toten", the cute child's voice called back to Jo Mcrgreggor. The crocodile was not fooled by the emotionless mask of the Miyu, its tail wrapped around Gespie, then uncoiled into a whiplash at Miyu while its teeth made an assault on her by the snaps of its long snout.

A large bat carefully landed next to Otto, the bat appeared to be spectating the alley way with Otto. The sound's of paws filled the air behind OTTO, as wolves walked along the roof top in his direction, snarls giving him a strong hint of their hunger. The bat's wings melted into its skin, the face changed into furry lupus, the bat stared at OTTO with its from now in wolf shape. The walls began to move outward into stone arms, the hands reached up and grasped the wolves as they stared down on Otto. Soon the hands held the wolves at the same level as OTTO, their eyes met with his, their teeth bared and launching at OTTO.

Gespie's insanity was growing as he hunted for his meal, Gespie would not hurt the humans Natalie and Brian, but his insanity infected and attacked everyone around him. Although Gespie didn't have conscious control over what his insanity did, deep down his subconscious commanded his secret will to his insanity and its manifestations.
Last edited by miyavi mortifiedmoon on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miyavi mortifiedmoon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Shortly before Gespies attack

The Asian guy was really not interested in the woman, but rather in the hospital. He could feel that he spoke the truth, at least partly. But how could he trust him? Was it not likely that he will just lure himself into a dark alley? Would the government not guard the hospital? Be careful Otto, this could be a trap!
Again, like so many times before, Otto stood at a crossroad which forks into many possible futures. Choose the wrong one and you may get lost. Pick the shortest and you will reach your goals. Yet, each path is fogged by his steaming paranoia and wherever he looked he suspected man hidden by heavy mist. Seeing only their silhouettes, grey and shady frames in the dark, he stopped walking and turned around, fearing they are the demons hunting his dreams. For six-hundred years Otto never recognized that he is trapping himself at that very crossroad.
“Never leave your cover. Act slowly, think before you do something. You have all eternity. This is the blessing of the undying.”
The words of his master are branded into his soul like a burning mark.

Footsteps, clacking on the cobblestone, echoed through the backyard. He heard her long before he could see the dark frame of the small woman. Spot her long hair reflecting the light of the street lantern in bright red. Then another voice, even more distant. A man.
If he wanted to know something before the whole town is here, he had to act now. “Verreck in der Hölle*, Theoderich”, he cursed his old tutor in German and took the first step on another dusty road.

All at once he sat on the roof as if he had been there all the time. His naked body was pale and cadaverous in the moonlight. His skin spanned over his protruding rips. His cross-legged limbs, barely more than sticks, covered his private parts while his bony hands were folded in front of his breast, his fingertips pressing against their counterparts of the other hand.
“Way to go Otto, go out, make friends, stalk them nude…,” he despised this special drawback of shapeshifting.

“And what may your interest in the hospital be?” A smile cracked over his lips. “For all we know this woman may just have fled her quarantine. Perhaps she is even infected with the Black Hind.”

Out of reflex he reached for the bat. He gently grasped the tiny animal with his long fingers and began to massage its belly while watching Ryoko. Suddenly he heard the scratching talons, deep and hateful growls from behind him. They were on the roof, right behind him. Paralyzed by fear he hesitantly turned his head. Three wolves slowly surrounded him, ensnared their prey like a spider in it's deadly trap. Something tugged at his hand. His eyes were opened with horror when he looked at his trembling fist.
Screaming he jumped back as the wolf snapped at his face. Sour, foul breath filled the air. Without a second thought he jumped from the roof. Ripped, leathery wings replaced his arms, prevented the white, scarred body of the bat from bursting on the ground like a foul tomato. Without looking back he tried to disappear into the night as fast as his wings could carry him.

Back to the crossroad.

* German: “Die in hell”

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:56 pm

There were many of them.

Very many of them, it would not be a fair fight.

It was never fair to begin with. After Ava uttered her warning words it didn't seem to phase the wolves. She felt less than she had ever felt before: unprotected and unable to protect herself. The huge white werewolf from the cave lunged out to her with big wet teeth. All in perfect order for the perfect prey. The rumble in her chest was deep and pure.

Once again the wolf lunged at Ava but did not miss. She grabbed her by the face and for a split second Ava felt as if she were really going to be eaten. But instead she was tossed to the ground stomach-down. It all much too fast to react. As soon as she collided with the ground she felt a burning sensation all over.

From her akiles tendon all the way to her shoulder. She could smell the blood, the new fresh blood. She couldn't make a sound, not a noise.

As soon as it had begun it had ended. There was a loud scream, very sincere. She wasn't sure if it was hers or not but as soon as the alpha wolf ran the other direction she could tell that it was from someone else.

Three wolves remained as they circled and watcher her. They're evil eyes glowing in the darkness. She was laying on the side of her cheek breathing heavily and uneven. Her eyes stayed locked on the wolves the entire time as her heart made music against the warm, but damanged, soil.
They were waiting for a signal to either kill her or let her live. She wasn't sure what to do.

It took her a while to regain enough strength to move. It took even longer to sit up a little. No plan would come to her mind, her eyes were their natural color. Nothing glowed or stood out rathen than the stains on her body.

She was furious now but too afraid to do anything.

After continuing to wait in pain she grew weary of games. The wolves were making her sleepy.

She'd give them one chance.

The last chance.

In a calm, cool voice she spoke. A slight grin on her lips, the twinkle in her shady eyes.

"Do you like to play a game?"
Last edited by Cure on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cure
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkane on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Otto flied through the night like a misfired arrow, left the lights of the city far behind him. They attacked him. They have seen him. They knew who he was. Now they will find him and finally get him.
“Leave the city Otto.”
He still had some hours before sunrise. He could easily sleep in one of the many caves of the forest and be in another state by tomorrow night.

Abruptly he heard a loud scream. Then there was another voice, a woman speaking.

"Do you like to play a game?"

Wolves circled a teenager, perhaps fifteen years old. They appeared tiny. Not threatening at all from up here. But he knew their murderous eyes too well. They hungered for death and freshly ripped meat.
Hate grew inside Otto. They pushed him around far too long. He had fled too often. He screamed into the night. A voice only his brothers and sisters could hear. He called them, commanded them to rally behind him.
No answer came. He circulated above the scene. Then the sound of flapping wings. He heard dozens of his kin coming closer from everywhere around. They gathered around him, infected by his pure hatred for the creatures on the ground. Without noise or warning they swooped down on the wolves. They aimed for their eyes, tried to tear flesh out of their faces, attacked their necks and bare backs, just to retreat again to dodge any counterattacks.

Darkane
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!