Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

No More Lies!

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

No More Lies!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 pm

The cold dark days fall upon the sandy ground as the buildings around them show no signs of life and hold only reminants of what was Earth. Wires sparking, walls falling, what happened that caused this horrible sight? Well, people used to know, but then a radioactive spark killed many people and luckily most were immune to it, but their children were born with a gift that was blooming too late. Now, nearly 20 years after the war, heroes stand to fight against a corrupt government that holds all technology and the key to man's survival.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kokyoquu, sitting against a crumbling wall, lets his black coat get dirty with the damp sand was the sun rises from the east. This pathetic planet has been like this for too long. He thought as he cool breeze of the passing monsoon whips his long, black hair around his head. Nothing this horrible has ever happened in the history of man. The holocaust? That was long ago, but even that was not half as bad as this. The Earth is almost dead, if not dead by now, and the government is letting it die. We only have running water and barely any shelter. What happened to equal rights? he continued thinking, then got up and looked up into the dark sky. It radiated a pink from the east, then grew to a dark purple that surrounded them from above. The sky was beginig to light up, but Kokyoquu was more nocturnal since he trained during the nights when no one was around to see him. He lived away from most civilizations, but was close enough to one that he could walk about an hour to reach it. In this time period, it's almost the 12th century with broken technology. A waste, some poeple call it, but others appreciate the life that they've been granted. Kokyoquu was something else. He always felt alone ever since his mother dide giving birth to him and his fath was one of the unlucky people who died from the radiation spark days after getting Kokyoquu's mother pregnant. Now he lived with an old man, who attanded the birthing ceremony, along with the 3 other teens he cared for. Kokyoquu never developed a strong bond with them, but never really tried either. He prefered to do this his own way, and that was the way with force.
"One day, force will consume you with hatred, then you won't be able to control one aspect of your senses." said the old geezer one time, but Kokyoquu cared not for his words and filed it in the back of his mind. But during times of isolation, such as right now, he'd always dig around and bring up unwated memories and advice. Today, the death of his older brother was the memory...
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: No More Lies!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Kross walked through the desolate wasteland that had once been a large blossoming city. But that was before his time because he was only 19. "Why can't the world just be a happy place full of flowers man..." He said as he brushed his shaggy dreadlocks around to the back of his head. Kross believed in nonviolence.
As a child he had come across a rare book that depicted the hippy life, and it was the one he was now living. He believed in the power of peace not war, it would probably get him killed someday.
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 pm

"Such a waste...if I would have just been born a generation or two earlier, I could have saved this place..." Vincent thinks sadly, picking up what used to be a book and watching as it fell apart in his hand, a strong wind blowing the remains away. Standing he wipes the dirt from his hands onto to worn and ragged jeans, thrn runs a hand through his long brown hair and tied it back yet again with a strip of leather. He'd been told once that they used to have these stretchy bands to hold hair back that almost never came undone. Oh well. Now that he was standing once more he ran his dark eyes over his surroundings once more.

There was an old stone sign in ruins to his left, mostly unreadable, but he could tell that it once said these ruins before him used to be a library. That explained all the moss and fungi growing here, the books had rotted and fed them. However, as he looked the mushrooms over he noticed a few that were of an edible species, and so he sat to work picking them, tossing them none too gently into the large leather satchel he carried over his left shoulder. Inside this bag there were quite a few of his treasures, as he called them, though most would call them junk. A child's toy robot, a card with a picture of what looked like a yellow mouse on it preserved in a platic sleeve, and a makeshift dagger, made fromsome sort of tough, green glass which the old man had told him had come from a car, which he assumed were those large rusted things he saw every now and then in the ruins of the cities. He'd never been one to listen to the old man's history lessons.

"It's getting early. Should head back for breakfast I think, otherwise the old man might worry." Vincent says, shifting his satchel and turning around. Now that he's facing into the wind he fastens a few of the buttons on his worn denim jacket, which was covered in odd patches he'd found in a box one day and sewn on himself. A burning rose, skull and cross bones, a small black cat with large green eyes, with the phrase KURONEKO below it.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Kokyoquu tried to remember how he was named, but no matter how hard he tried, nothing could pop into his mind. Damn... and here I thought I was smaarter than that. he thought to himself as he bunched his right hand into a fist. He looked around and felt a cool breeze on his face again. Last night... was amazing. he said to his subconsious as he remembered the storm. The ground soaked in water that fell from the sky. He asked one time, "Why does the sky cry?" He was just a little boy back then, no older than 14. He remembered the old man's response quite well.
"Because up there, where the ground isn't sand and the skies go on forever, lives a man named Elrich. He is the one that waters our planet so we can live a longer and possibly better life." Kokyoquu was puzzled by this answer back then, but now he only sees it as a fairy tale.
A man who waters the planet? If he truely wanted to help us he'd send a rescue down here. he thought as he turned around and moved the broken door to the side to get in, then leand the wooden door against the opening that the old man called a "door way." A way for the door to go. Makes sense, but what's the point when you have to lift the door? he thought yet again. He always questions the old man's previous life-style and if anything he's telling him is true or not. Boxes that play picture and sounds, boards that have keys on them, cans of flavored liquid? C'mon old geezer, try telling us something believable! he shouted in his mind, enraged with the nonsense babbling the geezer would induce upon the children.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:56 pm

"Are you in a bad mood again brother?" Vincent asks with a yawn. He had arrived only moments before Kokyoquu, whom he always refered to as brother because he could never quite get his name right, often ending up calling him Koko by the end of it. "I see you've been out all night again, went to watch the storm, didn't you?" Vincent had seen very few people, there just simply weren't that many around anymore, and he'd never spoken to anyone but his 'family.' He knew they weren't actually a family, they all looked so different, but he never questioned it when the old man called him son, and never bothered to call Kokyoquu anything other than brother. In his mind it made sence, but then again, they often told him his mind was a bit...off.

In his small room, for he had choosen the smallest room in the place they called home for himself when the old man had let him choose, he had a shelf covered in his treasures, which were mainly shards of rarely seen metals, shiny stones the old man had called crystals, and a few books, something he truely treasured above all else. A book that could actually be read was very rare in these times, but he knew they used to be plentiful. The one he had managed to find that was legable was comething called Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. He'd dreamed for the first time that he could remember after he began reading that book. Dreams were so odd. He saw tall buildings that gleamed in the light, metal beasts that raced along the ground, some that traveled along tracks, they were like huge serpents. Kokyoquu often called him mad because he used to tell him about his odd dreams, but eventually he stopped and kept them to himself. Sometimes his dreams seemed to real.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 am

"Indeed." Kokyoquu responded remembering the great storm that brushed over them with the God's Tears. Kokyoquu was always curious about this Elrich the old man spoke of and in time Kokyoquu wanted to go up there and see him for himself. "Do you remember the stories of Elrich?" Kokyoquu asked Vincent. If there was anyone that heard more of the geezers stories than Kokyoquu, it was Vincent. Kokyoquu remember lots of the stories of Elrich, but one specific one intruiged him so that it was his inspiration to go out into the world and find supposed long-lost Elrich's brother, Alzen. "The story about Elrich and Alzen... can you repeat it for me?" he then asked after the long pause during which he was thinking and blocked out anything Vincent possibly said.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Brother, asking me about one of the old man's stories? That's odd. I wonder what he has on his mind today? Vincent wonders, looking over at Kokyoquu and running a hand through his hair before tying it back again. "Well, let me see...the story of Elrich and Alzen? Yes, I believe I can recall that for you. Wasn't that the one of how he became the 'god who waters the earth?'" There were so many stories that he had a hard time keeping track of them, and ontop of that there were several about Elrich, but only a very few to actually mention the supposed brother Alzen, though there were refrences here and there if one were to listen.

"Let me see, as I recall, Elrich was wandering through our lands, which were even back then little more than deserts. He had heard the rumors of a man who could heal the sick of anything, and wanted to see for himself, but when he came across the town mentioned he could find no one there. It was a ghost town," Vincent says, closing his eyes, trying to remember. "Looking more closely, however, he found that all the townspeople had gathered in a makeshift chapel...whateeve those are." Another word the old man had used which he couldn't recall the meaning of, like a key-board. "Anyway, as he entered there was a man, a slight bit taller than himself, dressed strangely nice, kneeling beside a boy. The boy was sick, dying, and anyone could tell this, but as the man placed a hand on his head, the boy slowly opened his eyes and took a deep breath. They called it a mirror, or something like that, and praised the man...and when they asked his name he said Alzen."

(sorry if this is crap, i couldn't really think of anything cool ^_^')

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 pm

A man who could heal the ill? Kokyoquu thought as he closed his eyes and covered his face with his right hand, letting his closed eyes be the only thing seen. I wonder if such a man could heal the world. This planet is dying, ill, troubled. If we can find Alzen, could we heal the world? Kokyoquu thought and opened his eyes and looked at Vincent, then moved his hand away from his face. "A Ghost Town?" he asked then rememberd some of the story he was just told. "The town... What was it called?" he asked himself and turned away and watched as the sky began to light up. When the sun was out, the sky was the clearest, though still very foggy since the destruction of technology and such back then. The air was filled with debris, nothing serious in a normal person's life span, but for some people, their lungs would fill quicker and eventually suffocate to death. though that was very unlikely in most parts of the world, where the most technology once was, it is said peoploe cannot even breathe there. "If I remember correctly... the place was once called... Vatikan Sity?" Kokyoquu asked Vincent, his back facing his brother.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 pm

"Alzen the healer, yes, that sounds right in a way...I suppose." Vincent says, leaning back in his chair and looking out the window to watch the sky brighten a little. "Hmm...I don't think I remember seeing the skies so clear before, but then again maybe I just don't usually get up this early." When Kokyoquu opened his eyes again and spoke Vincent looked back to him and smiled a little. "Vatikan Sity, that's right. The old man said it was once some grand place, that people would come from all over to visit, to talk to the old god and such...I wonder, Brother, do you think we could find it?"

He sits up now, a rare, serious look on his face usually only reserved for when the old man says something incredable then produces proof of such a thing. Something inside of him felt it was time for something new, maybe for a new tale to be written, one by their own hands, something that, one day, when they were old men, if they survived that long, they could pass it down to their 'children.' In the back of his mind he supposed he'd only been waiting for an excuse to leave this place. The old man was, well, old, and would probably not last but another few years, a decade at the most Vincent supposed, but he couldn't wait that long, as mean as it sounded to his heart. And he and his brothers were always going off, wandering on their own every now and then, so why not go off together and actually make something happen?

"I believe we could Brother. I don't know about Alzen or Elrich, but I think we could find this Sity, and maybe something there could hold the truth, what do you think?" Vincent asks, crossing his arms on the table and looking across it at his brother.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:28 am

Kokyoquu looked at Vincent and closed his eyes. "Vatikan Sity... I don't know where the place once was, but if the old man knows then we might have something to go on." he said and folded his trench coat over his body so it gave him more warmth. Having no windows with glass made it hard to keep the cold ari out at night and dawn, and hard to keep the warm air in during the night.

(sorry, short post. Kinda tired and just used all my brain capacity posting in pokemon.)

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!