No apologies needed, it's great for you to have questions like those; even more so if they'll help you out when role-playing. In bold are my answers.
1. The setting, based on your intro, seems to be mostly set up in the states. So my first question is with regards to the scale of the rp. Do you plan on traversing across countries involving different government politics, terrorists, etcs? Or strictly as introduced with the House, the Gangs, and the Government as the three primary factions and the performers within one city in particular?
We do not plan on traversing countries, nor delving in politics and terrorists, save for the Rebellion's gangs. The three factions are the center point, based on yes, a city. It's a huge one with suburbs on the outskirts and about 5 miles away is the House.
2. Is searching out the truth behind the escape of the virus a playable agenda? Or is that an abstract that we can ignore? If it is not a playable agenda perhaps a bit of details of when and how the virus was first released would be helpful in terms of background check. Other than being a teen what is the condition for infection? Contagious via contact? blood? air?
Searching for the virus' escape sounds like an ever-existing plot for the Government chapter(s), but I'll be giving some information on the virus in the OOC. For now, know that the virus is not contagious.
3. How much of the population of Teens have been infected? Were the mutations a series of painful genetic restructuring? Or did it occur silently over time? Do all the infected teens know they have the powers already? Or is it a playable facet to have teens just discovering their powers?
Any playable character will likely be an infected and they'll be around mostly infected people. At the House, everyone's a mutant, whereas some normal humans work in the Government and very, very few with the Rebellion.
4. While it is assumed that the gang faction is warring against the government I don't believe the gang's true intentions were ever stated clearly. Do they just want revenge? Are they just a bunch of kids gathering because they don't' like the government? Have they begun participating in illegal activities? For money? For power? For mere amusement? Or do they have a hidden agenda within their ranks unknown to the government and the house?
The Rebellion wants the freedom of being considered a normal person, without having to go to a facility to learn how to use their powers. Revenge? Yes, some of them for what's been done to their relatives or friends through (previous) experiments or undercover ones in modern day. They've currently taken over a sector in the suburbs, and most live in a set of apartment complexes there; they'll go raid homes and businesses for money and expansion.
5. What are the leadership roles and the power hierarchy within the gang and the house? Presumably house consists of teachers and different year students. But the gangs? Free for all? Full democracy? Strongest takes all? Ring of masterminds? Or is the chain of command up to the roleplayers to decide?
The House's hierarchy? I guess it'd look something like...
- Headmaster (note there's little interaction with House members)
- Everybody else, though the possibility of internal hierarchies shouldn't be ignored. On that matter, there's no specific school year, as I said, -to avoid making emphasis on the school area- the system they use is a lot quicker, allowing more focus to go to training. The gangs? They'll vary amongst themselves, in the second thread (where emphasis on this faction was placed) we only played out one gang, with a leader and no explicit positions aside from that one.
6. How far has the gang reached? Into corporations? Or just by themselves a bunch of rebelling teens? What other factions can/may participate in this rps? Supporters for either end with hidden agendas of their own? Any designated head quarter for the gang? name of the gang?
They have that section of the suburbs, really about half the place. They're around 500 or so, but we'll likely play out a single gang with all the role-players in it and npc factions. Their headquarter? Huh... Certain apartments could do; names are up to players' creativity, or I'll name ours later on.
7. Main locations that can be played? (randomly naming a few: hospital, super market, base ball field, apartments, etc) Naming specific locations for major roleplayer usually helps players organize. Setting up events in those specific locations and letting players be familiar with them is also one technique the gm can or might use. Requiring players to clearly indicate their location is helpful for others just to see where everyone is and who they can interact with.
For the House faction, it's any place in the House: from the first floor to the third, from an arena to classrooms (note we're not taking classes in character) all the way to some of the outside, and traveling to another faction. The Rebellion's mostly the apartments and suburbs, going into the city for raids or leaving for a Government HQ.
8. Any major events that have happened recently? Over the past? Scarring events that set bitter tears or warring determination... any history that you might want to hard code into the story to set some parameters into each faction? etc etc
None in particular, unless you count the taking of the apartments/suburbs. A few attempts at containing them have been made by the Government, if you'd like to add those.
9. How much support does the house have from the government? Are we to have different weapons depending on the alignment? What level of technology are we allowed? or is this rp fully intent on powers only and weapons can stay in the shack?
The House gets their funding from the Government, and has their officials bring new kids most of the time (some make their way on their own.) Weapons will vary according to alignment; technology is modern-day and a slight futuristic approach towards weapons centered on powers.
On another note, I feel like playing out the Rebellion as well. I'll be posting the OOC tomorrow and decide from the votes we have by then (or maybe even later today.)