In need of a Fighting Game project plot

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

In need of a Fighting Game project plot

Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm doing a fighting game project on Youtube that was originally supposed to be a soundtrack, put people have been suggesting on me doing a m.u.g.e.n. type project on it.

So my biggest problem right now is the story, and I need big help with that.

I also need help with anyone who could write the whole plot, and involvement of characters.

If there's any questions, you can PM me.

Here is the YT page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToshiProject

There's also another character I need help on. Her name is "Lorraine" Codename: "Viper". The person that "created" the character doesn't approve of hoe Viper is being used. As far as the design goes, that person and I are discussing that, but I need help with a story for that character.

This character will be a villain, by the way.
Jaybt9
Member for 5 years

Re: In need of a Fighting Game project plot

Postby Resurgam on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 am

If you still need help with this, I'm always interested in challenging my writing skills. This project looks interesting. I'm not sure how much use I can be, but drop me a PM if you want to brainstorm some stuffs together.
Resurgam
Member for 3 years

Usually what happens with fighting games is that a tournament is held to determine the strongest warrior(s) from an available pool, and the winner earns the right to go after an even more dangerous threat, who serves as the final boss. Of course, each playable character has their own motives for registering: Some are in it strictly for the money, others for the challenge, and others still might try their luck for justice, revenge, or any number of other reasons.

Anyway, a character like Lorraine with a codename likely works for a secretive organization, and her higher-ups have assigned her the task of winning the privilege of going after the boss (which might or might not have wronged the organization in the past) by winning the tournament. Or perhaps the organization is entirely mercenary in nature, and taking home that purse will win it the prestige it thinks it deserves.

Hope that helped.
The war has ended for now and peace has been restored. But those who sacrificed themselves for the victory will never return. Exhausted, X gazes at the destruction he helped cause and wonders why he chose to fight. Was there another way?

Standing on the cliff, the answers seem to escape him. He only knows that he'll fight the Mavericks again before he finds his answer.

How long will he keep on fighting? How long will his pain last? Maybe only the X-Buster on his hand knows for sure...
qbsuperstar03
Member for 6 years

Postby Sheoul on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 am

I'd love to help however I can. I'd also like to ask if any of your songs could be used as an RP character's "theme song" cause this stuff is GOLDEN. (I rp fight a lot!)

However, how about...

uh...

Plot wise. Right. Okay. Codename viper.. Hmm.. Alright! So an elite deathsquad who have unparalleled martial arts skills have kidnapped the President and offer to release him only when their toughest members are defeated in combat. In response fighters from all over have decided to take up the challenge to beat the ever loving crap out of some bad guys.

There's a plot.
Sheoul
Member for 4 years

I'd say just go with the Tournament thing. Fighting games aren't really known for their plot. Viper sounds like some kind of secret agent name, so maybe she could be some kind of undercover agent to spy on the tournament and steal the prize? (Btw, I love Feng Guan HuiZhang's theme :D)
Formerly Foxflare, Calamity, and Truegrit. I go through a lot of accounts.
Image NYAN MOTHERFUCKER, YOU SPEAK IT?
SoulShaker
Member for 3 years

Postby Jaybt9 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Well, I actually have a slightly better idea.

Instead of it being just a fighting game, it will be a beat-em-up game ala Final Fight.

I think the general idea I have is that there is a gang war going on in the city of New York, each gang has a leader, 2 playable supporters, and at least 1 optional assistant.

That's all I could really think of right now.

@Soulshaker-I know right. It's amazing.
Jaybt9
Member for 5 years

remember a day before 9/11, dick cheney(i believe) said that 2.something trillion dollar were gone from the treasury. lets say it was used for a supersoldier making lab. 70 years later the first supersoldiers begin rolling out. To test these a tournament is held.
the supersoldiers are given different powers(for different situations). the player can choose what speciality he wants(which means he will strong in let's say close quarter but weak in underwater combat). add a bunch of different locations, backstories and different modes and you are set.
some modes:
one on one: no explanation required, i believe.
team vs team:
gladiator: here the supersoldier is the gladiator and the mutants(failed experiments) are the enemies.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.
TheFinalOne
Member for 2 years

Just as a precursory twopence, a tournament isn't the only way to approach a fighting game. That's the way Tekken does it every time, and if you go down that route your game is likely to simply be regarded as uninspired.

When you think about it, almost any story in which the characters fight each other can make a decent fighting game. Take Final Fantasy, for example. Final Fantasy stories are the most epic of the epic, with hours of meaningful character interaction and development; yet the battles are still fierce and fantastic. The game Dissidia altered the scope and made the storyline secondary to a dynamic, thrilling fighting system. Unfortunately it used the tournament schema, but that's beside the point.

The point is, you can create a fighting game using the characters from an actual interesting story. A character's epic journey simply "dumbed down," in a manner of speaking to each individual battle.

Dragon Ball Z fighting games are like this. Dragon Ball Z is sort of an extreme case, because literally the entire point of the show is people beating each other up, but it does have a storyline with dynamic and interesting characters who have relationships with each other. The games let you take their struggles into your own hands.

I'm at school so unfortunately I cannot have a look at the YouTube stuff yet, but I will keep thinking about this.

Perhaps an RP could explore possibilities for the storyline.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Scholar
Member for 5 years

Postby viper45 on Wed May 09, 2012 9:30 pm

If there's code names involved, then there needs to be some kind of secret orginization. Maybe they decide to test their agents or something, but several agents are after the same target and they don't know about each other until they all get in a big fight. Obviously, a massive battle would ensue until only one is left to kill the original target.

Also, I approve of the code name 'Viper' =]
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
viper45
Member for 3 years

Postby Jaybt9 on Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 am

Well, the project's "storyline" is surely going to be revamped. Some music as well.

Not sure what to make of it without being "uninspired". Usually beat-em-ups are about a city involved in gang violence, while fighting games are usually about tournaments. It's pretty hard to make of it.

But the time setting is still modern, fashionable, while the genre of music is a range. Mostly Urban, and Underground with a dash of Electronica.

A little more focused on the characters rather than the story itself.
Jaybt9
Member for 5 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.