Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New and Hello

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New and Hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sol Gris Lobo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Hello, I am new to this site and I'm looking for a role play group (thread?)

about me: I'm a guy that likes to get to know people and invest time into the characters that I make as well as doing things outside the rules if the gm allows it, I'm a bit shy and socially awkward as well as not the best in some social ques but I like to have fun. One thing about me is that I can get confused easy at times on how I read things and other times what I read at times does not make sense its a slight mental thing that I have but it on affects me every once in a while.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sol Gris Lobo
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New and Hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 am

Welcome to RPG Sol.

If it's time you're willing to invest, you shouldn't find it very hard to fit in around here at all!

Having fun is the most important part of it all.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask either myself, any of the other staff members, or even members of the community within chat. Most are always willing to help guide and suggest.

Obviously you'll want to first check out the Interest Check and Roleplayers Wanted threads. These are the places where you'll find new rps and ideas for newer ones.

Happy Roleplaying to you!

CrystalRose
RolePlayGatewayGlobalModerator
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sol Gris Lobo on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 am

I have one question, how do you message someone?

Sol Gris Lobo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am

Well, until you get your five post minimum in on the site, you can't.

If you haven't already, feel free to browse the Discussion & Debate, and Creative forums. You can usually find some random ideals floating around that would peak your interest enough for a conversation, or just start a random one yourself. You do have to get five posts in within the forum before utilizing the Private Message inbox service.

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sol Gris Lobo on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:58 pm

okay, now when I apply to join a RP if the GM accepts my character will I get a notification of it? or will the GM tell me?

Sol Gris Lobo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 pm

You won't get a notification, but you should keep an eye on the Characters tab of a roleplay to see if your character is present. If it is, then that means your character has been accepted. Most often a GM will announce who has been accepted because communication is important.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sol Gris Lobo on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Thank you for the help

Sol Gris Lobo
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!