Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Official Dartmud Discussion Thread

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Official Dartmud Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:03 pm

The Official Dartmud Discussion Thread

I know I've often made mention of my MUDing habits, especially with a game called Dartmud in particular. Until recently though I was the only user here that I know of who plays. But now that we have a few other users who are playing as well, I figured we could stand to make a forum thread for it.

What this thread is for:
  • MUD based discussions
  • Posting amusing logs and sharing stories (within the specifications of Dartmud's rules. Anyone using this thread to violate the rules of the game will be reported to the game owners.)
  • Answering questions (within the specifications of the Dartmud rules)

If you're a curious passerby that has no idea what a MUD is but might be interested in joining us, feel free to ask questions! A MUD (Multi-user dungeon/dimension) is essentially a programmed world that people roleplay inside of. It's entirely text based, but with a very interactive system of skills, crafting, and world exploration. Unlike many MUD's, Dartmud has no system of classes or experience, and instead it's designed to be a more natural growth. You learn as you do.

Note: If anyone decides to join us, do not use the telnet connection from the website. I guarantee you will hate the game if you do. Download an actual mudclient. I recommend MushClient as an excellent free client. To connect to the game just go to file, create new world. World name is Dartmud, the host/IP is dartmud.com, and the port is 2525. Once you're logged into the game type 'color on' to enable colors. After that you're ready to go! If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me.

Also if you're a new player and haven't played a MUD before, please be aware that it will probably be very confusing and very overwhelming for your first few days. Just stick with it and after a few days that fog of 'oh god I don't know how to do anything' starts to ease off.

Here's a few screen shots to display how the world interactiveness works. (click images to see the full image)
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Re: Official Dartmud Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 pm

About Me:

Well, you all know me as Tiko a member here on RolePlayGateway for three years, but I'm also a long standing Dartmud player. I joined Dartmud back in 2004 and have been playing there ever since. It was a bit different than the free-form RP style I was used to, but I found the character interactions and style of RP via dialogue interesting. Dartmud has a lot of unique systems that set it apart from most MUDs, and though I've tried many others I always keep returning to Dartmud.

I currently have two characters there, but I'm only going to share one of them here! Rhyandra was my third character on Dartmud and she was created back in December of 2005 and is my primary character at the moment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ranger on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello, I'm a bit new to RolePlayGateway and just started Dartmud. My screen name on RolePlayGateway is Ranger, and I have a character by the name of Roan that is in the Multiverse. I started playing Dartmud on January 31, 2014 and I have to say that, even though the only other mud I have played is Zork, Dartmud will probably be one of my favorite muds. My character is in Dartmud is also named Roan, and is a Rowan. I decided to go down a similar path as my Multiverse character, and am a magic user in Dartmud.

Ranger
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kordera on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Hey there. Im Kordera here on RolePlayGateway as well as in Dartmud! If you choose to come play on Dartmud just look me up and I will help you with what I can!

Kordera
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelticCat on Sat May 24, 2014 2:54 pm

I've recently become addicted to Dartmud, and it's been a wonderful way to get some RP juices flowing. Since I've just started, I don't have much to say about my character yet, but here's a short sketch! I play a catfolk named Lucrais, a softspoken yet polite adolescent who is curious about everything. She enjoys learning all sorts of new things, but is much less interested in fighting than most catfolk. She is proper and modest, though she may have little outbursts of pride if pushed a little. She has a long brown mane, black and white striped fur, and blue eyes. She wears a long-sleeved white shirt and pants under a grey-blue dress with blue belt, and a blue feathered hat. If you see her out and about, feel free to mingle!
*Made by DraconicArcania and all rights go to her.

CelticCat
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat May 24, 2014 4:39 pm

And little does Lucrais know that she shall soon become a catfolk fur carpet! Mwahaha. Enjoy Dartmud! >:)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

As per request, here's some of my more amusing logs of Dartmud antics.

Sparring Session Gone Wrong?
For context, Euros was my character's liege.

Mym says in common, 'Okay, so maybe I spar Rhy spar Euros spar me.'
Euros says in common, 'Okay.'
Euros attacks Mym the catfolk!
Mym attacks you!
You attack Viscountess Euros the elf (attacking Mym) (sitting on the fountain's rim).
Euros gets up from the rim.
Euros asks in common, 'Conc okay, Rhy?'
You nod.
You smashed Euros's head with destructive force with your staff.
Euros's head is destroyed!
Euros died!
Euros falls over, but something escapes her body first.
You ponder the situation.
Mym says in common, 'Oh shit.'
Mym says in common, '...'
You say in common, '...'
Mym says in common, 'You killed Euros.'

Awkward Moments?
These were a pair of amusingly named NPCs I happened across. NPC names are randomly generated, so this was a one in a million combination.

l
Market
This is an open market square in the center of a burgeoning town on the shore of the Sea of Eris. The tents of refugees have been replaced by the more colorful tents of merchants, tradesmen, and entertainers and the square is surrounded by shops and other buildings. There is little activity in the market at this hour except near the taproom of the inn. This appears to be the northwestern corner of market. To the north is a low stone building with a slate roof and to the west is a sturdy limestone building with a red tile roof. It is blindingly bright here.
There are five exits: east, southeast, south, an open oak door leading
north, and an open walnut door leading west.
Sheridan the wolf.
Storm the spyder.
Stormslayer the spyder.

Don't Play With Fire
Yoru was one of the Dartmud Creators AKA Game Masters. Occasionally the creators are known to drop in on players to goof around. In this instance he was showing off a toy of his.

Yoru gestures at Rith with a dark indigo glove (worn).
Yoru charred Rith's head to a crisp with his yellow fire bolt!
Rith's head is disabled.
Rith collapses!
Yoru says, 'Oops.'
Yoru says, 'Crap.'
Yoru twiddles his thumbs.
Rhyandra looks somewhat amused.
Prometheus laughs.
cast ho @200 rith head
You begin to cast the spell.
Yoru asks, 'Is there a healer in the house?'
You continue casting.
You continue casting.
You continue casting.
Rith regains consciousness.
You heal Rith's head. It is now bad off.
Yoru begins to incant a spell.
Yoru lays his hands on Rith's head.
Yoru nods.
Jasi says in common, 'I knew that acohol and fireballs were a bad mix'
Yoru says, 'Yeah uh.'
Yoru says, 'Don't play with fire kids.'
Yoru removes a dark indigo glove.
Yoru lays his hand on a dark indigo glove and it explodes into smithereens.

Troublesome Gnomes!
Ogma was another one of the MUD creators, hence his ooc usage of conversation here.

Trouble flies toward you from the north.
Slayla bounces in from the north.
Donovan bounces in from the north.
Ogma shakes his head.
Ogma says, 'That's really a redundant message'
Ogma says, 'Trouble flies towards you from the north. Slayla bounces in from the north.'
Donovan grins.
Angelica grins.

Medieval Castration?
One of the spells in the game, Mark, will disintegrate any item you cast it on if the item isn't of sufficient value to store the runic mark on it. This was one of the better displays of player maturity in regards to this spell.

Mym begins to incant a spell.
Sparks shoot out of Mym's fingers and envelop his nuts.
Mym's nuts disintegrates.

Sparks shoot out of Mym's fingers and envelop his balls.
Mym's balls disintegrates.
Mym says in common, 'Oww.'
Euros claps.
Mym bows.
Theodor says in common, 'Ouch, indeed.'
Euros says in common, 'Okay.'
Theodor says in common, 'At least now you don't have to neuter him.'
Jask says in common, 'That doesn't look good...'
Euros says in common, 'No neutering.'

Euros takes a spotted dick from the bearskin rug.
Euros begins to incant a spell.
Sparks shoot out of Euros's fingers and envelop her dick.
Euros's dick disintegrates.

Mym takes the corpse of Hithere the hazozat with a ghostly figure above it from
the bearskin rug.
Sparks shoot out of Mym's fingers and envelop his corpse.
Mym's corpse disintegrates.

Om Nom Nom Crunchy Elves
Most NPCs, and even wild animals will randomly emote actions. In the case of wild animals these are typically random, but every so often one happens at just the right time to add a touch of humor.

l
This is a large open plain. Dust blows in the wind and you can see for miles. Some lonely footprints indicate that people sometimes pass by this area. It is extremely light here.
a pair of horns, and a pair of horns.
Viamar the elf.
a lion.

You pat Lion on the head.
Lion paces back and forth.
You say in common, 'You go first so the lion doesn't eat you when I leave.'
Lion watches Viamar with narrow eyes.
Viamar purposefully paces off, heading for the southeast.

(Alright, there's a few to start off. More logs coming!)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Asploding Hamsters
This one's a bit long. How commanding pets works is you say the pets name, and then give it a command in parenthesis. There's a list of commands that a pet will accept. If you give it a command that's not in the list, nothing happens. Usually anyways, unless there's a bored creator lurking around to cause a bit of mischief.

l
Healer's Hall
This is an open and airy guest hall with a lofty ceiling. The walls are gleaming white with a geometric rose design border at the ceiling and the travertine floor is covered by a thick, soft rug. Cushions have been placed about the room to offer weary patients and travelers a place to sit. The room is furnished with an elegant rosewood cupboard, a low table and a bookshelf. The purple light of sunset streams in through broad windows on the east and west walls. Near the door to the south is a small silver gong, no more than two handspans in diameter and a pair of signs are posted on the door itself. A set of broad stairs ascends in a gentle curve to the north. The area is glowing faintly. It is blindingly bright here.
There are three exits: north, an open rosewood door leading south, and up.
a bulletin board.
a rosewood box, and a rosewood trash barrel.
Asplode the hamster.
Serene the cat (sitting on the rug).
Master Lanthus the gnome.
Boriat the gnome.
Musashi the catfolk.

You say in common, 'Asplode (asplode)'
Serene rubs up against Boriat and purrs.
Serene licks her paw.

Asplode's right hind leg is destroyed!
Asplode's left hind leg is destroyed!
Asplode's right foreleg is destroyed!
Asplode collapses.
Asplode died!
Musashi blinks.

ex corpse
The corpse of Asplode the hamster. A small rodent that appears to be little more than a ball of fur with a stub of a tail and a pair of buck teeth. He was a youthful hamster and extremely small compared to you.

Boriat laughs.
Boriat pats you on the head.
Boriat says in magic, 'Nice one'

You ask in common, 'Does that mean he's learning?'
Boriat says in magic, 'Maybe'
Boriat chuckles.

[Lots of healing spam cut out of the log as Boriat and Lanthus healed up the hamster corpse to resurrect it]

Lanthus begins to incant a spell.
Lanthus gently presses the ghostly figure of Asplode back into his corpse.

You poke Asplode in the ribs.
Lanthus says in common, 'Okay. do it again'
You poke Asplode in the ribs.

Asplode's right hind leg is destroyed!
Asplode's left hind leg is destroyed!
Asplode collapses.
Asplode's right foreleg is destroyed!
Asplode died!

You roll your eyes.
Boriat chuckles.
Lanthus frowns.
Lanthus says in common, 'What the hell'
Ogma pats Lanthus on the head.
Boriat says in magic, 'I think Kat was asking for that to happen'
You grumble.
You comfort the corpse.

You say in common, 'Katsumi (asplode)'
You peer at the sky.
Lanthus says in common, 'Curiosity killed the cat'
Lanthus nods.
You say in common, 'No asploding.'

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 am

Roleplaying, the fun way to experiment?

read 2
2 [Hvt 13, 540] Chronicles of Aelora
Aelora is a land forgotten. Legend tells of a blight known only as The Void
that spread through the continent of Aelora two millenia ago. As nation after
nation fell the last of the Aeloran races joined together to seal Aelora away
in a final effort to contain the blight from spreading to the other continents
of Valore. A veil was erected and Aelora was lost to time and memory.

Anyone interested in a collaborative Roleplaying Game contact Katsumi. Limited
spots available! The game will be played around an intricate set of rules,
character sheets, and dice.
*** DONE READING NOTE 2 ***

Rune says in common, 'Huh... numbers ain't my strong point either, but sounds like it could be fun. And I've always been open to experimentin' with new things.'
Rune pauses.
Rune ponders the situation.
Rune says in common, 'Er, that sounded weird. But y' get what I mean.'
You say in common, 'What you experiment with on your own time is none of my business.'
You nod solemnly.
Rune pulls a face.
Rune exclaims in common, 'I didn't mean it like that!'
Hum de dum de dum!
You say in common, 'I hear Danor likes to experiment too.'
Rune asks in common, 'Who's that?'
Rune asks in common, 'And er... what d'you mean by..?'
You say in common, 'The Guild Master of the Mage's Guild.'
Rune says in common, 'Actually, I'm not sure I wanna know.'
You exclaim in common, 'At roleplaying games!'
You say in common, 'Get your mind out of the gutter.'
You eye Rune suspiciously.
You say in common, 'He's going to be playing.'

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Target Practice?

Maia asks in common, 'A size 10 crossbow would not be too lethal, would it?'
You say in common, 'I'm not sure.'
Shyntel says in common, 'Barring a head shot on a gnome, no.'
You say in common, 'I'm not volunteering to be tested on.'

A while later testing at the archery range...

Maia begins to incant a spell.
You are surrounded by a shimmering green field.
You say in common, 'Erm.'
You say in common, 'A dog might work better.'
Maia says in common, 'Don't retal.'
You sigh.
set retaliate to off
Auto-retaliation is off.
Maia says in common, 'I'll try aiming for something unimportant.'
You say in common, 'Very thoughtful of you.'

Maia raises a very small ivory hand crossbow.
Maia takes aim at you.
Maia pulls the trigger on the hand crossbow.
Maia shoots a pine quarrel at you from a very small ivory hand crossbow.
Maia speared your head with destructive force with her quarrel!
Your head has been destroyed!
You have died!
You fall unconscious!
You regain consciousness!
You cannot do that in your present spirit form!
Maia takes you from the corpse of Katsumi the catfolk.
Maia wears you.

Maia says in common, 'The head was a bit important.'
Maia drops a very small ivory hand crossbow.
You say, 'Well yeah... contrary to popular belief.'
You say, 'I do need my head.'

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelticCat on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:45 am

Since I figured out how to log sessions, I decided I'd post up bits of a stoned adventure in the village square!

Aethelred, Ataan, and Lucrais went on a quest, harvested logacha, then returned to the village square for a celebratory smoke. It quickly devolved into stoned ramblings. I cut out the spammy smoking emotes for readability sake, but they're constantly smiling vacantly, giggling, and whatnot.

Big Wedding

Village Square
This is an open area within the center of the small, rustic village of Thornwald. The ground is hard packed earth, and the surrounding buildings are of half-timber and stone construction. A stone well is situated at the center of the square, and the village smithy and village bakery lie to the east and the west. Nestled deep within the heart of Blackwood Forest, nothing but trees and swamp lay beyond the village borders. The area is glowing faintly. It is blindingly bright here.
There are four exits: south, north, a closed wood door leading east, and a closed wood door leading west.
a bulletin board.
a stone well.
Aethelred the centaur.
Ataan the centaur.

Ataan says in common, 'Lu... when are we gonna make... the wedding cake.'
Ataan says in common, 'We're supposed to get married when we make it.'
You peer at the sky.
You say in common, 'Later, Attie, later...'
Ataan nods slowly.
Ataan sighs.
Ataan lies on the ground.
You say in common, 'We have to, um...yeah, together...'
Ataan says in common, 'Riiiiight.'
Ataan says in common, 'Wedding...'
Ataan says in common, 'I want to... marry a lot of people.'
You nod lazily.
You say in common, 'We'll have to...make a lot of cake.'
Ataan says in common, 'So much food'
Ataan smiles.
You say in common, 'Yeah...Lots of cooking...'
Ataan says in common, 'I want... to marry...'
Ataan says in common, 'Zzz...e...'
Ataan thinks.
Ataan blinks.
Ataan says in common, 'Mhm.'
You say in common, 'Yeah...'
Ataan says in common, 'And I want... to marry you, too...'
You nod lazily.
You say in common, 'Yeah...All get married all together...'
Ataan says in common, 'All of us... big married.'
Ataan says in common, 'Big cake.'
Ataan says in common, 'Big everything.'
You nod.
You say in common, 'Big dresses, too...'
Ataan says in common, 'Biiig dresses.'
Ataan says in common, 'And big dancing.'
You say in common, 'And, um...Big...'
You tilt your head slowly.
Ataan says in common, 'Big.'
Ataan nods.
You nod.
Ataan says in common, 'Taiasa... awake...'
Ataan says in common, '... and Kogan...'
Ataan says in common, 'Want to marry Kogan too.'
Ataan nods.
You say in common, 'Lotsa...lotsa people awake...'
Ataan says in common, 'Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhm.'
Ataan says in common, 'Yeaaah.'
Ataan says in common, 'Loofwyr is awake toooo..'
You say in common, 'Lynn's not....not one of the awakes, though...'
Ataan shakes her head.
Ataan says in common, 'Soooon.'

There are probably three of four more interesting parts from the log, so I may post them later. Too bad Aethelred's player was AFK for this. >.>

CelticCat
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:29 am

Enlightenment +

You say (OOC), 'hm..'
You say (OOC), 'can I rfb you ogma?'
Ogma says, 'You can. You might get knocked out if you do.'
You say (OOC), 'I figured I would ask on that one'
cast rfb @300 ogma
You begin to cast the spell.
You continue casting.
You singed Ogma's right hand slightly with your red fire bolt.
You think.
You shake your head.
Ogma exclaims, 'You beat up my clothes!'
You say (OOC), 'Unless you meant you would knock me out after'
(OOC) Rhyandra grins.
You take a seat on the fountain's rim.
Ogma nods.
Ogma pulls a clue-by-four from an extradimensional pocket.
Ogma whacks you upside the head with a clue-by-four!
* You think your enlightenment skill has improved. *
You have received 6 improvements in the following skill: enlightenment
You're too dazed and confused to stay upright!
You fall unconscious!
You regain consciousness!
Ogma lays his hands on you, and you feel refreshed.
Your concentration is shot to hell.

Not included in this log was that it was some ungodly hour of morning and I went to log out shortly after, only to discover you can't log out for an hour after commiting pvp violence, so Ogma got another laugh :P

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Well, well.

> Rune saunters in from the south.
You say in common, 'And your sisters didn't ta-'
You cough.
You wave.
> Rune waves.
You exclaim in common, 'Hi Rune!'
Ataan steps away from Aethelred.
> Rune says in common, 'Hey guys.'
Ataan rubs the back of her neck.
> Rune frowns.
Rune eyes you suspiciously.
whistle
You whistle.
> Aethelred briefly looks disappointed, then smiles.
Aethelred says in common, 'Hello.'
blush
You blush.
> Rune blushes.
Rune says in common, 'Am I...'
shake
You shake your head.
You say in common, 'No! Nono.
You say in common, 'Nonono.'
"'I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly. Do you understand? Being the fact that you're alive is amazing, so you don't get to be bored."

-Louis CK

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donny21 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:05 am

That looks pretty awesome, i'll have to get into that. I've been messing about with IronRealms.

Donny21
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:06 pm

If you have any questions, let me know :) I like running about with new players and helping them learn the ropes.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 pm

A day in the life of a mohnkee
Some context for this log... mohnkees have a notorious reputation for being thieves, so Kyriel (a mohnkee) has been hazed ever since he moved into Thornwald. The use of the phrase 'Dweezle's' in this log is referencing a thief guide book that Ordonius and Rhyandra teased Kyriel with by stashing it in his bedroom to find when he woke up. This is a conversation a few days later.

Aidan says in magic, 'Hello'
Aidan says in magic, 'Hoping Switch wakes up'
You nod.
You say in northern, 'Moved some of the villagers into the barracks today.'
Aidan eyes you suspiciously.
Aidan says in magic, 'Not that mohnkee...'
You think.
You say in northern, 'Not yet, but he's among the five. He's a bit younger than I would have liked, but I didn't really want to split him up from his two roommates and have him go rent his own lodge while they moved into the barracks. Especially since I probably would have invited him in another year or so anyways.'
You say in northern, 'Ordonius, Lucrais, Ataan, and Aethelred are the others. There's a few more in the village that might make good candidates, if they woke up more often.'
You say in northern, 'But for now those five are plenty.'
Aidan nods.
You say in northern, 'The mohnkee is oddly tolerable for a mohnkee. Bit spunky though. Hopefully that energy stays channeled to healthy pursuits.'
You say in northern, 'Though when he wakes up later, we're planning to blame him for all of Ordonius and Lucrais' things being missing from their lodge.'
Aidan grins.
Aidan says in magic, 'Good one.'
Aidan asks in magic, 'So was it Ordonius or you who put Dweezle's in there?'
You say in northern, 'I gave Ordonius the book to put in there.'
Aidan nods.
You say in northern, 'I almost feel bad for him.'
You say in northern, 'Then I remember he's a mohnkee, and it's okay.'

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 pm

The Bonds of Fealty

Throneroom
This is the throneroom of Castle Blackstone. Constructed from black stone, an array of sturdy pillars line the sides of the chamber, upon which silver cressets flicker with orange light, casting dancing shadows across the room. Large banners hang around the room, and fresh rushes have been strewn across the floor. A long walkway leads from the large oak doors to the throne, which is set upon a raised dais of black marble. Over the throne is a shield painted with the insignia of Blackhold. Display cases and stands containing weapons and suits of armor fill out the large chamber. It is blindingly bright here.
There is one obvious exit: an open pair of oak doors leading west.
a black stone throne.
a bulletin board.
Drifter the wolf (lying on the floor).
Roamer the wolf (sitting on the floor).
Jask the elf (blurry).
Sir Kogan the orc.
Rune the human.
Ataan the centaur.
Kordera the human.

You seat yourself upon a black stone throne.
You gesture for Kordera to approach.
Kordera approaches the black stone throne.
You listen to Kordera.

ex kordera
He is a typical being with pale blue eyes, long black hair, and ivory skin. He is a hardbitten veteran with a number of scars. He is wearing a black wolf fur hooded cloak, a pair of black leather pants, a grey wool shirt, a black wool tunic, and a pair of black leather boots. He is a human and about your size.
HELD: a steel spectacle helm (right hand)
WPNS: a leather heater shield, a steel cestus, a steel cestus
ARMR: a steel brigandine hauberk, a steel chainmail chausse, a steel greave, a steel greave, a steel bracer, a steel bracer, a steel chainmail coif
WORN: a leather thong with a bronze wolf charm on it, a small black bag, a rose quartz pendant, a hunting horn, an open black wolf fur backpack, an open linen moneybag, a black glass key, a cast-iron key, a large iron key, an amulet

Kordera says in northern, 'My Liege. I am Aesier.'
Kordera says in northern, 'I am your student and a warrior of Black Hold, survivor of the tarnished ring, and former yeoman of Silverwood Reach during the uprising. I am the one who sacrificed himself to locate yourself and Countess Euros the elf when Isone the traitor struck.'

You ask in common, 'Indeed you have proven a faithful and loyal apprentice, both in times of peace, and in times of hardship. To you I owe my life. Into my house will you remain, to serve and counsel wise words?'

Kordera says in northern, 'Aye'

You say in common, 'My hammer.'
Kogan gives a somewhat large steel war hammer to you.
You nod.
You say in common, 'Speak then your oath.'

Kordera kneels and places his hand on the haft of the war hammer.
Kordera says in northern, 'I, Aesier , make this oath: that I shall be in the forefront of fierce battle, forging ahead with my lord and brothers, coming to the war-call carrying my weapons of steel or magic'
Kordera says in northern, 'And when no battle causes the war-horn to blow, I shall not forget my lord's generosity, but will offer wise counsel as I may. And though I would liefer lay down my life than see harm come to my lord'
Kordera says in northern, 'Should the poisoned point or aged edge strike her down, then I shall not flee a single footlength, but rather shall advance upon the enemy, slaying as I might, to avenge the protector of Blackhold.'
Kordera says in northern, 'And by Tanasae, and the mighty Sulonae, may this hammer smite me, may my own edge twist and turn against me should I fail to keep this oath.'

You say in northern, 'I have heard your oath. Hear you then my vow to you.'
You say in northern, 'With wealth shall I gift you, granting good gifts as you merit, the bounties of Blackhold rolling from my hand to yours.'
You say in northern, 'Within my halls shall you sit in the sumbel, with sweet mead strong filling your tankard.'
You say in northern, 'Finally, my hammer shall stand between you and your enemies, my strength and my house beside you boldly, for bare is a brotherless back'
You say in northern, 'And by Tanasae, and the mighty Sulonae, let my wroth vengeance fall upon you, should you fail to keep this oath.'

You give a somewhat large steel war hammer to Kogan.
Kogan gives a heavy silver ring to you.

ex ring
A silver ring with a flat oval bezel upon which is engraved a seal.
It has an intaglio that looks like a thorny briar bearing a single five-petaled flower.
Inscribed on the ring is:
A pack's strength is the wolf;a wolf's strength is the pack.

You say in northern, 'May the gods witness our words and hallow these vows.'
You give a heavy silver ring to Kordera.
You say in northern, 'Rise, Aesier, forever more a vassal of Blackhold.'

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarhara on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Plotting A prank

Merek says in common, 'I see the captain waking up with the room full to the
ceiling with ladles someday
Hastalyk grins.
Hastalyk asks Genesis in common, 'Can you get to her room?'

You grin.
> Genesis ponders the situation.
Genesis says in common, 'I think so'
Hastalyk says in common, 'I will personally make 300 ladles to donate to the
effort.'
Hastalyk grins.
Genesis chuckles.
You laugh.
You say in common, 'I think she would be in heaven.'
> Merek laughs.
Merek says in common, 'I'll make a few hundred'
Idril purposefully paces off, heading for the south.
You say in common, 'Just don't make them redwood.'
>
You grin.
> Hastalyk nods.
Merek nods.
Merek says in common, 'Cedar only'

Zarhara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 am

Gender Confusion

You say in common, 'That involves rowing. Or catching a boat.'
> Borgian shakes its head.
Borgian says in common, 'You can find crabs to spar in westmore at the beach'

> Borgian says in common, 'If gonwo was hitting him then id recommend crabs'

Kyriel quirks a brow at Borgian.
> Kyttyra exclaims in common, 'I'm a girl!'

You ask in common, 'Him?'
> Borgian says in common, 'Her'
Kyttyra sticks her tongue out in annoyance

> You tuck a golden metal manriki-gusari into a black silk kataginu with a wolf embroidered in moonsilk.

You slip a golden metal manriki-gusari from inside a black silk kataginu with a wolf embroidered in moonsilk.
> Kyriel thumps Borgian in the head with his manriki-gusari.
> You tuck a golden metal manriki-gusari into a black silk kataginu with a wolf embroidered in moonsilk.

You whistle.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Ataan...stahp

Ataan takes a quail egg from the ground.
You continue searching for quail eggs.
Ataan eats a quail egg.
Ataan bites her lips.
Ataan groans.
Lucrais tilts her head.
You arch an eyebrow.
> Ataan grunts.
You say in common, '...'
> Lucrais peers at Ataan quizzically.
You ask in common, 'We're just cooking right?'
> Ataan arches an eyebrow.
Ataan wipes her tongue.
Ataan says in northern, 'Guugh...'
Lucrais giggles softly.
Ataan says in northern, 'We need to teach you to cook better...'
You ask in common, 'What do you mean?'.
Ataan points at the boiled eggs.
You say in common, 'You just ate a raw one moron.'
> Ataan blinks.
Ataan says in northern, '... so I did.'
Aberdeen nuzzles Lucrais.
Lucrais giggles louder.

Ataan coughs.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!