Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room

OOC || Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

a part of “Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

Bootlegging alcohol should be the last of the police's concerns when the bar is run by the devil himself, the biblical apocalypse is days away, the undead are roaming the streets, and it's still illegal for a woman to move whilst topless. COME ON.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC || Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 pm

LINKS: Tab⇞⇞ OOC⇞⇞ Relationships ⇞⇞ Chat ⇞⇞ People ⇞⇞ FAQ & Updates

It's 1926 and The Back Room, located at 102 Norfolk St New York, just so happens to be the most glorious speakeasy a Prohibition officer could ever feast his eyes on. Bootlegging alcohol should be the last of the police's worries, though, as the sophisticated pub is run by none other than the devil himself, the biblical apocalypse is scheduled for one week from today, the undead are roaming the streets snacking on innocent citizens, and, worst of all, it's still illegal for a woman to move whilst topless. Come on.

"Please, just call me Luci."

THE BACK STORY

Image Indeed, about 80% of The Back Room's frequenters are the tortured souls who'd gone to hell and back, literally. These individuals have proved themselves useful, innocent, or intriguing to the man throughout history. We're not talking horrible cruel dictators or mass murderers (because, really, who wants to hang out with Hitler?) but rather intellectuals, martyrs, and artists. These people were saved because when they were delivered to his humble domain deep under the crusts of Earth, he couldn't help but to think to himself, "Man... they really got the short end of the stick, here."

That's right, the he felt empathy for them. He may be the devil, but he's not the devil. They were given punishment, technically - maybe some hard labor and a back lash or two - but nothing like burning in a pit of fire or getting their eyeballs gouged out. From then on, they served as Luci's right hand men and women. They were comrades, or so to speak.

So... what's the problem, officer?

ImageAugust 6th, 1926, Don Juan will come out. It's the first feature-length film and the streets will be packed with men, women, and children alike, all excited take a gander at cinematic magic. Unfortunately, a certain group of three by the names of Raphael, Michael, and Gabriel aren't so pleased with the way the "roaring twenties" have played out, disgusted by the vulgarity and lack of morality crawling around. But it's more than just the humane flaws that are irking the archangels. Evil doing has been on the rise, supernatural style - mostly Luci's work but other creatures that go bump in the night have had their fingers on some pretty dark stuff lately as well. It seems the world is growing rampant with greed and gluttony. They are most displeased with Earth. So displeased, in fact, that they're just about ready to unleash the apocalypse. Termination has been set for the premiere of the film. Granted, they are rather divine and an apocalypse calls for a lot of work, so they've made a deal. If Luci cleans everything up by the premiere (in exactly six days), it will be canceled and the world can continue to writhe forever more. Or, you know, until they slip up again.

Well, that seems easy enough. Image

"Right... about that... Look, I may have dabbled in... a little bit of necromancy. Just a little though."
        Luci's had a project he'd secretly been working on for a while now. His goal was to create children of his own - super powerful immortal chitterlings. He'd been using some deep and dark magic, and he'd gotten a bit in over his head. To put it frankly, New York may or may not be currently ravaged by a disease... a lot like... zombification...

You're joking.

ImageUnfortunately not, but it's not as simple as it seems. Luci's been dealing with animating the dead- essentially bringing them back to life. A recently deceased cadaver has his/her soul blocked inside their body and the next thing you know, they're up and walking around once more. Ok, it might not be that simple. It's more excruciating than anything else, really. For a full night, they ache and groan and whimper and cry until, the next day, it's like they're reborn. Beautified, perfected, and new, everything about them is heightened - stronger, more durable, faster. The real perks comes in the mind, though. Their senses reach super high thresholds and they calculate 10 times faster than they had when they were mortal. The only problem is their need to refuel. Their bodies become altered so that the harder they work, the thinner their blood becomes. Eating and sleeping do nothing for them. To restock, they have to consume blood... specifically human blood.

Luci hadn't planned on that kink being in the picture, but nothing can be perfect, right?

So... vampires.
        ­­­­ Image
        Yeah, vampires. Luci's rather fond of the things- like they're his children. The worst part is that most of the people he's worked on didn't even become vampires. Let's just say there's been more than a couple failures. He'd bring them back and was unhappy to find that they did not regenerate. In fact, it seemed they began to decompose at a quicker rate. Even worse, the only brain parts that seem to work are the thalamus and hypothalamus - responsible for sensory and motor functions, thirst, hunger, circadian rhythms, and control of the autonomic nervous system. Essentially, they're absolutely mad, brainless and starving. The same hitch with the vampires can be found in these flopped dishes, too. All they crave is blood... specifically human blood.

Do you get it yet?

"Furthermore, these guys are spreading the dark magic to whomever they eat - just like a disease. I've managed to keep the Times and stations out of it (for a real hefty price) but nonetheless they've agreed not to cover the spread of the zombies. I'll tell you what, son, it looks like we've already got a foot out the door into the apocalypse. If we can't get these things under control... it might be best to let Mikey, Raph, and Gab do their thing. It's getting gnarly out there..."

Wait, wait, but you can kill 'em, right?
          "Ah..."

No can do, buggaboo. The reanimation takes place because Luci's trapped their soul inside their body - for the rest of eternity. They're never passing on, and so long as their body is still functioning, they'll be there for good. You can never kill the undead. You can destroy them, though. Completely pulverize their body until there's no more than a heap of blood and guts, and the zombies'll be out for good (though their soul remains in the location forever) because they don't regenerate. Vamps will be out for a solid hundred years or so, but will eventually piece back together.

Then what the hell do we do?

A vamp's weakness comes with its biggest need- the blood. Here's a chart of how their strength goes in order of hunger.

Play off of this and destroying one is simple enough (in theory). It's really letting them free that's the goal here, though. If he can find a way to undo his spells and unlock their souls, all of the zombies'll go ker-split just like that.

WHY, LUCI, WHY?
        Why create them? It's a good enough question, though hard to answer. He seems to genuinely have attachments for them. He claims that he was just trying to get a little spark back to earth, but it very well could be that he wanted more capable servants. You see, demons are nice and all, but they're no vampires. They're good to talk to, but not so much to fight along side with. They're a lot like ghosts. They're solid when they want to be, but it's more natural for them to be somewhat transparent. They can fade through walls, become invisible, move things telepathically with their minds, but they have no boosts to physical manifestation, nor any fangs and claws to rip at others with. They cannot move at super speeds. They cannot smell a man from a mile away. Furthermore, they have to frequently visit hell or else they start to dissipate. With all of these factors, you have to wonder if Luci isn't aimin' to make an army. He's quick to wave off the question.

"Look, the apocalypse isn't set in stone. They've been sent out here to snoop around for any trouble. They found the trouble and they're mad. They gave me the deadline to fix up my act but I can't do anything with them breathing down my neck. It's creepy. We gotta stop this. They've been pestering me all weekend and I'm really tired of hearing about 'em. They're such spoil sports."

Can we just... stop the archangels...? Please...?
        Ha, if only.

"Those bastards do whatever the hell they want. Are you forgetting that they're the ones who kicked me out of heaven? You think I just mozied on out of there and into the abyss for fun? They beat my ass and they'll do the same to you. I know they look like a coupla queers but they're not the people to be messin' around with."

Furthermore, they'd be quite happy to see Earth burn regardless of whether they'd sinned or not. (Alright, that may be a bit of a stretch). God favors humans over his archangels, even going so far as to grant them freewill. Jealousy is inherent.

THE OBJECTIVE

Luci claims he has a plan. He's always been such a good leader. Image
          "We gotta take out the zombies. I'm gonna work with some of you smarter bunch on finding a way to undo the curse, but until then, we need ammunition and hunting parties. We've also got to keep the archangels away from the knowledge that vampires exist. If they found out... man, they'd flip a shit."
        Luci wants to preserve the vamps if he can. For that, maybe a little burlesque'll do the trick.
          "I haven't spoken to those jackasses in a while so I don't really know what'll suit their interests, but we're gonna have to take turns puppy guarding the angels to cover up our tracks. We've also got to be conscience of how we handle this. I know it's not in our nature... but we gotta try to be a little good. Meaning no prostitutin', no vandalizing, no murder, no robbery. Find the most sensitive way to blast the brains of zombies and save as many "innocents" as possible. If we don't play our cards right, we very well could take care of the zombies and still have those trumpets ringing through the air before Don Juan can woo anyone at all."

"Basically, we're juggling a load of horse shit while walkin' a tight rope."

THE CAST
        Alright, I don't normally do "roles", but there are some specific slots that need to be filled for this to work. I'm gonna give some loose guidelines.

Archangels
        Alright, these peeps are vital roles. I want them to be more of characters than just all powerful angels. Give 'em some spunk! Do a couple twists. I'll give some brief info for each of them and then go balls to the walls with it. I'm telling you my silly-fied version, so feel free to look up more info if you want, ahahaha.

• Michael: [reserved by Wudgeous] Michael is known as the leader of war against evil, and was the one to kick Lucifer's ass time and time again. He's got a pretty baller sword and is the most combat heavy of the angels. He, no joke, has the role of supreme enemy of Satan , so when I say the guy's got some serious enthusiasm about conquering evil, I mean it. He's also the angel of death, the one to appear before a person as they die to weigh their soul. Yup, he's got that silly little scale and everything. Also, he tracks down fallen angels and puts an end to them. Basically a bounty hunter assassin with wings.

• Raphael: [open] Raphael offers the softer side to the archangels, the one with the role of "healer". He's been known to travel to Earth and live amongst them when they went on adventures so as to protect them on their journey and then at the end be like, "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you yeah um I'm kind of an archangel so I'll see y'all up in heaven if Mike doesn't spite you or something CYA". He's the patron of medical workers, matchmakers, and travelers. Furthermore, he's the guy who blows the trumpet to signal the apocalypse. He's basically just a pretty nice guy, hahahaha.

• Gabriel: [reserved for Kurokiku] Gabriel's kind of like that weird, trippy middle sibling. He/she serves as a messenger from God, delivering explanations of divine visions people would have. Gabriel also had a penchant for predictions, having seen the brith of Jesus and John the Baptist before it happened. It is also believed that Gabriel at one point lived on Earth as Noah. Many think Gabriel to have actually been female. I think it'd be interesting to make Gabriel female and/or androgynous, but it is not mandatory.

Luci's Crew

• Psychic character: [open] We just need someone who can get vague visions about the future, including multiple alternate possibilities. This character would be kind of like their compass, so when they were like "HEY, WHY DON'T WE TRY THIS OUT AND SEE IF IT WORKS?" they'd be like "Guys, I got a vision and I hate to be the one to tell this to you but... your idea is retarded."
        [0/4] You can pick any one from the start of time to 1926 who would have somehow gone to hell but perhaps not deserved it. I personally had in mind Nostradamus (for the premonition character), Michelangelo, Lord Byron, Hatsheput, Alexander the Great, Edgar Allen Poe, etc, etc. However, we might as well let everyone pull out their own creativity. (Feel free to use any of my examples, though)

Luci's Vamped Up Kids
        [0/4] You already know the drill. Just make a bloody vampire! Keep in mind that this is in 1926 and these people have died within the past couple months. Furthermore, they cannot be famous. It'd be too suspicious on Luci's part. They must have somehow been affiliated to Luci beforehand and then have agreed to let him kill them and bring them back. Whether they were really aware of the risks, the procedure, or the cause for it is up to you. It'd make sense if they were at least somewhat aware of the demons that crawl around the speakeasy. Perhaps some of them had been frequent visitors because of the supernatural junk going on, or maybe they were simply a victim - a poor waitress of something. UP TO YOU.

Mortals
        Image[0/4] If you want, you can pull someone from this time period. Wikipedia says Albert Einstein would be about 45 at this time, for example. Charlie Chaplin, Fitzgerald, Al Capone, Henry Ford, Faulkner, Madame Curie are all important people hootin' and hollerin' during this time. I personally think it'd be rather fun, but if you'd prefer to just start from scratch, there's no harm there. :) I know it's easy to skip over the mortals because bein' a vampire or demon is more exciting, but there are so many cool people during this time and, as a character, it'd be neat to be running around with all this crazy shit happening and thinking, "WHY AM I HERE?" ~~~less limitations~~~

Note: If you have any other ideas that don't fit into these categories, let me know! My good friend onetrickpony was contemplating playing Job who certainly fits the theme of the roleplay but has no real place in these organizational bins. If you come up with any other ideas like this, just PM me or contact me through the OOC board! :)

THE SETTING
      Places
        We're in New York in the roaring 1920's. We'll spend a good deal of time at Luci's speakeasy, The Back Room. The place is hidden. You have to go through a narrow alley and down some sketchy stairs to get in, but once you're inside, it's marvelous. There's glittering chandeliers and decadent furniture, a warm light, classy bands playing, a lounging area, a bar, etc, etc. It's pretty formal attire, suits and gowns expected of the high-class visitors. It was common for speakeasies, despite being very illegal, to have become a grandiose affair.

Another place we'll be visiting is the Minsky brothers' National Winter Garden on Houston Street, a run down burlesque house on the sixth floor. It's a hassle to climb up the stairs, but the shows are sensational. The Minsky brothers were terribly stupid and their clientele were all immigrants. Their show wouldn't have started up if it weren't for Luci's intervening. He gave them the idea of the stripping in burlesque and, by now, the place was running rampant with vampires and demons alike hoping to sap out the profit out of the half naked women. They are one of the first Burlesque shows to feature the strip tease. Later on, Gypsy Rose Lee would perform for the Minsky brothers but she's only 13 at the time so she doesn't appear in this roleplay (Again, thank you, wikipedia).

Keep in mind
      • Prohibition is a really big deal right now. The government is frustrated by how difficult it is to enforce and are trying to crack down because of this.
      • In just three years will be the collapse of the economy and the nation will find itself in the Great Depression
      • This period contradicts itself quite a bit. It's known for its high optimism and innovation, but for every festive person, there was another one suffering from post traumatic stress disorder or grieving over a loved one. With the rise of positivism, you find an equal tug towards cynicism. It's just after the WWI and the birth of "The Lost Generation."
      • This was also known as the age of consumption and over production - a surplus of spending and increasing gap between the rich and the poor. Media is booming. The use of the radio has ravaged the nation.
      • There is a huge increase in intolerance - the Ku Klux Klan has grown larger than ever and there are many new immigration laws including deportation of Mexicans.
      • Morality is being stretched thin, what with the scandal of female promiscuity and independence. New laws are being passed to snuff out the risque.
      • Flappers! Need I say more?

CREATE

Ooookay! Here's the skeleton. Feel free to pretty it up and include more than one picture. This is simply a template~ I'm more than happy to help with any of this. Just send me a PM and we can chataroo.

Code: Select all
        [center][size=200](CHARACTER NAME GOES HERE)[/size][/center]
        [img](A picture of your character.)[/img]
        [font=algernian][size=120][u]BASICS[/u][/size][/font]
        [b]Name:[/b]
        [b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Status:[/b] (Living, dead, or undead.)

[b]Role:[/b] (henchman, vampiric child, archangel, poor dope who got dragged into this mess...)
        [b]Age:[/b]
        [b]Gender:[/b]
        [b]Sexuality:[/b]
        [b]Race:[/b] 
        [b]Nationality:[/b] (As long as you wind up in New York somehow, feel free to make your nationality whatever you like)

[font=algernian][size=120][u]APPEARANCE[/u][/size][/font]
        [b]Eyes:[/b]
        [b]Hair:[/b]
        [b]Height:[/b]
        [b]Weight:[/b]
        [b]Skin Tone:[/b]
        [b]Build:[/b]
        [b]Body Markings:[/b]
        [b]Voice:[/b]
        [b]Description:[/b] (at least a paragraph)

[font=algernian][size=120][u]MENTALITY[/u][/size][/font]
        [b]Quirks:[/b]
        [b]Fears:[/b]
        [b]Likes:[/b]
        [b]Dislikes:[/b]
        [b]Personality:[/b] (at least a paragraph)

[font=algernian][size=120][u]EQUIPMENT[/u][/size][/font]
        [b]Casual Clothing:[/b]
        [b]Carried Items:[/b]
        [b]Weapon:[/b] (only put this if you [i]have[/i] a weapon, silly!)
        [/list]

[font=algernian][size=120][u]USEFULNESS[/u][/size][/font]
        [b]Skills:[/b] (at least two) [list]
        [*][i](useful attribute name):[/i] (description of attribute)
        [*][i](useful  attribute name):[/i] (description of attribute) [/list]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (at least two) [list]
        [*][i](something you're lacking ):[/i] (description of weakness)
        [*][i](another thing you're lacking ):[/i] (description of weakness) [/list]

[b]Abilities:[/b] (This really varies from person to person. During this mission, what in the world can you contribute? Maybe you're just a human with a whole mob of gangsters to back us up and shoot zombies. Maybe you're a burlesque dancer capable of distracting the archangels. Maybe you're a demonic philosopher who can help figure out a way to undo the zombie curse. Yada, yada, yada.)

[font=algernian][size=120][u]HISTORY[/u][/size][/font]
        [b][i]Martial Status:[/b]
        [b]Family:[/b]
        [b]History:[/b]
        [b]Opinions on the Situation:[/b] (Whatcha think about Luci, the vampires, the zombies, the archangels, the chance of an apocalypse destroying everything, the weather, how angry you are that your favorite toothbrush has gone missing... just let it all out, buddy.)
        [b]Relations:[/b] (If you want any pre-existing relations between your character and someone else's. If you've been associating with Luci then you probably know most of the others simply by contact. Mingling in the the speakeasy is inevitable. If you've been a lackey for a while, then you'll [i]REALLY[/i] know the others. If you're new, though, maybe you don't know anything at all. This only applies for relations at the START of the roleplay. )

THE RULES

s e n s i t i v i t y
        First and foremost I want to say that I AM NOT INTENDING TO OFFEND ANYONE OF ANY BELIEF. Despite the content of the roleplay, I'm not trying to start a religious debate. In fact, THAT'S THE LAST THING I WANT. PLEASE DON'T EVEN SHARE YOUR BELIEFS 'CAUSE IT MIGHT END UP BEING REALLY AWKWARD. I just thought this would be a neat story to tell and I've always been somewhat fascinated by the craziness of biblical stories, specifically Revelations. Why not make a roleplay about it? I realize that this may or may not be crossing some boundaries, especially due to the mature themes incorporated into the story. I honestly hadn't even realized how insulting it could be seen as until after I'd already typed everything up so the best I can do is apologize to anyone who read this and was left outraged. SORRY.

c o m m u n i c a t i o n
        A healthy roleplay lasts through communication between the players and GMs. It’d be nice if you engaged in any conversation in the OOC thread, ranging from polite to batshit crazy. Try to be active and friendly with one another! Never get sassy with another roleplayer in the OOC. Never ignore someone. Remember that if you have any concerns, questions, or problems, I’m just a PM away. I’m always willing to help.

b e l i e v a b i l i t y
        Ah, this really stretches over a broad topic. I know we're dealing with the fantastical, but I don't want to be yanked out of this alternate reality by glaring errors or pure ridiculousness. Don't pull something out of your ass, basically. Also, research is your frieeend!

s u b m i t t i n g
        If you're interested or in the process of making a character, post in the OOC to let us know to look out for ya'! I'll reserve a slot and stuff. Post your WIPs , however, in the tab or through PMs, not in the OOC. Don't want to clutter up the board, now do we? If you have any questions or concerns about the skeleton, just ask away and I'll be glad to answer. You can also feel free to ask your fellow roleplayers their opinions on your character as you're creating. You can submit the character to the tab, but if you're still working on it, make the character synopsis "WIP". Once you're finished with your character, change it to whatever you damn well like. Also, please try to upload that nice little icon for your character. If you're not sure how to make a 100x100 icon, I can definitely help. After submitting, it won't be long before we're PMing you with constructive criticism and/or praise. :)

ALSO, character approval is juried. For the important roles (the archangels, for example) you could very well be going up against another roleplayer for the slot. While I will reserve the role to show it's being considered, if someone else wants to take a jab at it, then I ain't stoppin' 'em. Just because you submit does not mean you will be automatically accepted. If there're problems with your profile, we'll ask you to change something and then accept you. In some cases, we might tell you that you're just not right for the roleplay.

OKAY, I KNOW THAT SOUNDS A LITTLE CUT THROAT BUT I PROMISE IT'S NOT SCARY AND I'M NOT MEAN SO SHOOT FOR THE STAAAAAAAAAAAARS.

Last edited by Averagebear on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: OOC || Luci's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm

...!

AVERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:03 pm

CYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPH

ARE YOU SPLASHING, TACKLING, OR FLAILING RIGHT NOW? I CAN'T REALLY TELL BUT I LIKE IT REGARDLESS

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 pm

I'm flailin'. Erryday I'm shufflin' flailin'. Monday flail, Tuesday flail... You get my point, non?

I'm reeeally tempted to play a 70-year-old Nikola Tesla, but from what I recollect he wasn't very tightly secured in his right mind by this point in time; and he'd be a freaking sectigenarian (correct?) which would prevent him from doing much that didn't require a wheelchair and/or 1926-era Teslafied power armor. D:

I'll think of something. Seriously though, really really good to see you again, Av. Here's hoping the others trickle in. I may have to flag down Wudge and get her involved. :P

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Fffffff I see my name. Why you guys gotta do this, I can't say no when I feel all ~WANTED~. u_u -coquettish shoulder waggle-

Anywhooo, haven't read the content yet, just looked at the rules (IDK WHY I ALWAYS LOOK THERE FIRST) so I'm gonna go do that brb.

[moments later]

.... I have no concentration--I was skimming and I see Michael and Raphael and I'm just like CAN WE MAKE THEM BASED ON THOSE FUCKING NINJA TURTLES--okay, okay, gonna focus and read it proper now.

Flappers?

[some time later]

Dibs on an archangel, probably. :| Maybe.

Uh, Mikey. Cowabunga.
ImageImageImageImage

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Aha! I don't have any problems with you playing a wacky Tesla rollin' around and being crazy. It'd be neat to have him... pretty much anywhere in the roleplay. If he was helping brainstorm, everyone would be like "alright, pops, calm down." and if he killed a zombie they'd be like "jesus christ tesla WHAT ARE YOU DOING" but my favorite scenario is if he's at the burlesque show. SUCH A SILLY JUXTAPOSITION.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to play that as a roleplayer, though. Hahahaha. If you want, you can have him as an NPC that you control when the time feels right. Or not at all. WHATEVA, WHATEVA, YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Wudge, and you know we can't not want you when you're all coquettish like that.
I have never met someone who read the rules first. Ever.

Ninja turtle Michael is so funny to me. A gnarly, pizza lovin' archangel. Hahahahahahaha.

And, yes, flappers.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Re: OOC || Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 am

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,
~*~*~*~super excited for this~*~*~*~*~

I'm either going to play Job or Hypatia of Alexandria.

Wowowowowow, and let the brainstorming GAMES BEGIN.
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Ohholyshit. Avvage. I lurve your silly face, woman!

Can I have Gabriel? CanIcanIcanI?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Tricksy, just do yo thang, girl.

Kuro,

and I yours! YES YOU CAN HAVE GABRIEL. I am very confident that you shall pull him/her off.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Gabba Gabba Gabba Gabba Gabba Gabba Gabba <333333 WE SHALL HAVE TO DISCUSS CHEMISTRIES, KURO. Uh, when my profile's not half-assed. Ahahaha.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm

We shall, we shall! Gabriel's going to be quite different from I think any character I've ever made before, so experiments for the win.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 pm

HADOUUUUKENNN!

I'm so absent, but I still love you guys' with all my little Canadian heart. Shame on me. But, I can't pass this up. I CAN'T I TRIED LOOKING AWAY BUT IT WAS LIKE... LIKE STARING ME DOWN. WITH THAT MEAN EZZIE LOOK ON IT'S FACE. DISAPPROVING MY WEAKNESS.

I mean RAPHRAPHRAPHRAPH.

Ninja Turtles.

The only vampire in my heart is Sable. And he's a little sissy-boy twat. I miss him and don't think I can ever make 'nother without fondly kicking him in the face with my love feet. Man, I'm tired.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:33 pm

I was almost hoping you'd plug Sable in here. :3

LOOK, IT'S THAT SUPER RARE WUDGE KITTY FACE AGAIN, ARUGH. But yeah. Yeah. Ahm. Could totes be an ancestor, man. You know how in manga they're always super lame with time travel and the heroine will meet an EXACT LIKENESS in the form of a great great great grandma and. Okay, I called in lame, but I'm sure youuu can pull it off, ahahaha. <3
Yeah. If you do push for Sable I'll maybe double up with young Abe.

Ohhhh my goodness that first comment on that video. SURE YOU'RE KEN!!!

Wait a minute you changed something. Michael isn't there anymore, and Ra....
YOU'RE RESERVING RAPH?
YOU'RE RESERVING RAPH?
I CALLED IT, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Double post to say Average owes me money now.

Oh yeah, and we meeeess and lahve forever our Yonses with all our multicultural hearts.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh my my my. Well, y'know. Vampires are old and all. He could be slightly older here, but still stupid and incompetent and only slightly less rude. I'll think about it. I really, really, really miss RPing him though. Incompetent characters are almost as fun to RP as assholes are. Assholes. Asshats. Buttocks. If I do, I'll send you a heaping ice-cream scoop of secretive banter involving young Abe. Hm. Young Abe. Abe reminds me of a cross between Tommy Lee Jones and Batman's butler. Ever so serious.

Keeeheeheeheee. Oh, Youtube.

YES.
BECAUSE I'M STUPID AND CAN'T READ PROPERLY.
AND I CAN FINALLY PLAY A NICE CHARACTER WHOSE SILLY AND AN ANGEL WITH FLUFFY WINGS.
YOUUUUU WIN. Ten hugs. From yours truly.

It was a toss up between that and Sable.

LAHVE LAHVE LAHVE. Oh. Are there any demons in this? // goes to double check // No, no, there is not.

Because I recently sketched a character based on a random thing I created on Champions Online (Y'know, that game with the awesome character creator but crappy lag and stranger controls) and I'm sort've in love with him. He and Ezekiel would get along because they're both grumpy. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Oh gawd, I feel like I'm showing pictures of my dog. Weird weird weird. He doesn't have a name yet either. Night, folks!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:09 pm

KURO EXPERIMENTATION, KURO EXPERIMENTATION, KURO EXPERIMENTATION, KURO EXPERIMENTATION!

RAPH, RAPH, RAPH, RAPH!

YOUNG ABE, YOUNG ABE, YOUNG ABE, YOUNG ABE!

SABLE, SABLE, SABLE, SABLE!

SKETCH, SKETCH, SKETCH, SKETCH!

CHANTING, CHANTING, CHANTING, CHANTING!

On a less incompetent note, Bunzy, there are demons! They're "Luci's Crew". I need to put a page with ~information~ on it regarding the demons and angels and vamps and zombies. Like, all of their special powers and weaknesses and stuff. u___u OKAY I VOW TO DO THAT TODAY.

Furthermore, if you knew anything about me, Wudge, you'd know I was such a broke bitch with terrible luck that I'd never even begin to bet on anything because I'd undoubtably end up in Vegas with a trillion dollar debt on my collar SO I REFUSE TO OWE YOU MONEY. I can owe you e-smooches, though. Plenty of those to go around.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Avses: OH, THOSE ARE DEMONS?
Oh. Well, oh dear. Makes sense though. So ahm. Mentioned this in Mike's profile last night, but I don't suppose you refresh it every fifteen minutes so: Alllll these folks in Luci's Crew. I supposed they'd of met Michael at least once, huh? Met with him and... had a probably-poor encounter...... ahahahahaaaa that'll be fun.

Augh, man, I've been checking the ooc for extra threads like you have no idea. No, I don't need anything, I just love 'em.

Money, smoochies, smoothies, same thiiiing. Or a hug. Fuck I forgot to sell free hugs this weekend at the con. Ah welp.

Yonses: So Abe is Tommy Lee Jones and Alfred, while Ezekiel is Tommy Lee Jones and Batman. ..... Something feels wrong in the air here
Ezekiel and yo boy will either get along for have a steaming rivalmance. Awwwww yes. Champions Online looks GORGEOUS, and I was halfway gonna sign up (mayhaps solely for the character creators, I love those) before I noticed you had to downroad. Of course. Baw.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

All of those lovely chants. O' course. Oh, oh, oh. Well, then. Maybe, I can throw two character at you, though Raph'll get most of my attention. You guys should help me name this fella' nonetheless, 'cause you guys have great ideas and I name my characters after Japanese drinks and weird plants. Oh, oh. I encourage any new folks to go for a zombie role, if that's possible. I love me some good zombie characters. I'LL KEEP CHECKIN' M'DEAR.

Steaming rivalmance. Yes. With plenty of brofists after they manage to belittle everyone around them with snide comments or mute glares that say that everyone's being a little too silly, therefore really damn stupid and please shut the hell up before I stab you with my sword-like extremity (in Ezekiel's case, anyhow).

KUROOOO ROOO ROOO ROOO.

Here he is! Playin' around with colour scheme. Why always with the white hair? I don't knooooow. It DOES look gorgeous. Unfortunately, it wasn't that great when I got into it but it's creator is fab. I pretty much only downloaded it to play around with making super characters. It was fun. My laptop was way too laggy for it anyway.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Leonardo.

No, no, kiddin', not that a shortened version wouldn't fit. For some reason I thought he could be Andy Warhol in life, 'cept Andy won't have been born yet or something. He could also pass as a dude named David. There's a Goliath joke in there somewhere.

OH MY GOD wait a fucking minute, I've made a discovery.

HWAAAAAAAAAA

Also, discovered Gabba. Read the first bitty. Eeeeeee. <333 You weren't kidding about her being different and I LOVE IT, KURO!!
bothering people (especially Michael)

And he just sort of lets her, like an old cat who's used to being lifted by the armpits when the children are in the house. Or like a one of those British royal guards and a tourist, ahahahahaa~

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Yes. That sounds perfect. I love how Michael's all "srs bidness;" it just has so much potential for unintentional humor. Also, the metaphor about the British Royal Guard is fantastic.

"Come on, Mitch, I know you can do it!"

"..."

"I will make you laugh one of these days. I will."

YONNY... YYY... YYY? Repetition of the last syllable works slightly less well for me than you. But I love you anyway.

I spy with my little eye... Avvages and Tricksies! Why am I so ADHD right now? I have no idea. I think Gabba's getting to me.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!