Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Orsa of Terminus: News and Events

a part of “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”, a fictional universe by Tiko.

The lull in the war has ended, and the Orsa of Terminus is on the rise once more. Will the battle hardened Patronus remain strong, or fall under the growing might of this renewed threat?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

I feel that with the re-ignition and certainly the level of communication and plotting going on in the background these days, any character deaths that aren't expected will perhaps not be taken well but they should be taken and respected. People die. I've never used the stones to get characters out of dire situations either. Saying that... one of those happened before Callstones.

Nyx, I'm talking to you!

Seriously, I agree. The maturity around is advanced enough and I can think of no reason for the abilities to remain.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:49 pm

I agree, remove the abilities that allow a person to escape death. Although in my humble opinion the callstones themselves shouldn't be destroyed, just relegated to a communication device instead of a Get out of Jail free card. Not sure if anyone agrees, but that's what I feel.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Conumbra wrote:I agree, remove the abilities that allow a person to escape death. Although in my humble opinion the callstones themselves shouldn't be destroyed, just relegated to a communication device instead of a Get out of Jail free card. Not sure if anyone agrees, but that's what I feel.

That was the intention. I only want to remove the escape death clausse from the items. I just don't want to push such a major change unless the majority of the players are ok with it.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Ow, Conumbra, your avatar keeps flashing at me and making me jump ten feet and I'm sitting at my computer.

Anyhow, I agree with Conumbra, and I guess Tiko you've cleared that up. Both the Mark of Orsa and the callstone should remain means of communication -- aye?

Oh logistics question. Are these threads for the fight scenes going to be set up in the Multiverse forum, and each have their own titles and whatnot? If so, what are those going to be?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 am

Ylanne wrote:Oh logistics question. Are these threads for the fight scenes going to be set up in the Multiverse forum, and each have their own titles and whatnot? If so, what are those going to be?

They will be, and they will. No set titles, yet. If you have requests, feel free. I hate naming threads :)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 am

Hey, Patch, I don't know if we had a chance to discuss this, but after talking to Tiko, we can in-characterly assume the outcome of the scene we started, and at a later time when you and I have more time, we can go back and actually finish writing it.

Cameron is not going to be happy when he sees these. Perhaps Krycis won't be either. According to barney_fife, this is the highest wanted status one can receive from the Aschen, and these are going up all around Wing City. (This is the product of receiving a whisper saying "I need some dimensions on Cameron, Height, Weight, etc." which forced me to come up with numbers. :) )

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:22 am

Ylanne wrote:Cameron is not going to be happy when he sees these. Perhaps Krycis won't be either. According to barney_fife, this is the highest wanted status one can receive from the Aschen, and these are going up all around Wing City. (This is the product of receiving a whisper saying "I need some dimensions on Cameron, Height, Weight, etc." which forced me to come up with numbers. :) )

Ouch. He best stick close to Krycis ;)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 pm

And I had just taken the Aschen off of Krycis' hit-list, after they did his job on Aiyanna-A for him. This will not make Krycis happy either, very, very displeased.

Hrm...

I'll just have to do something about this, which is probably going to involve a lot of asteroids being redirected at Aschen planets as an opening move. These guys have been a thorn in my side for ages, even before the Orsa. It will be fun to begin wiping them out for good this time.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:58 pm

I have to run, but would someone redirect barney_fife to this thread? Send him a PM or catch him in the Multiverse? Thanks!

Also, since Patch and I will presumably go back and write the rest of our scene at some point when Patch has time for himself, at the present need to figure out where Cameron physically is -- as in his location -- can you help, Cryovizard? Thanks!

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:39 am

Aright. As of now, the Callstones and the Mark of Orsa no longer offer escape death clauses. They still exist as communication items between team members.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:17 pm

For those interested in a sneak preview for the coming events, check out the new completed scene in the scene links. It's the one titled "The Orsa of Terminus".

For those that haven't read The Final Twelve (Historical), the full weight of this post will probably be lost, but still worth checking out. :)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sottaceto on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 am

wenis wenis

Hey, it's Dai ^^ Just making sure I'll be able to keep my thumb on this one even if I'm on my alt.
And yes, adding it to my subscriptions happens to be too much work.

Sottaceto
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am

Hello! Barney Fife here to give you an update on the Aschen side of things.

Officially the Aschen are not affiliated with the Patronus, however the Aschen have offered to assist the Patronus (Or Splinter Groups) In any way they can. Including, but not limited too... selling weapons, technology, etc. However, the Aschen will not provide any overt or military assistance of any kind.

Secondly, After speaking with Cryovizard, it appears the Orsa of Terminus are going to launch an attack on the Aschen Confederation (Including Langara itself) Which means that it is likely needed in the events listing. As Cryovizard and I plan on this being an all out slugfest between Good and Evil, between the Aschen and her allies, and whatever Patronus that may get involved, and Krycis and Maleficus and any Orsa allies they may bring.

I will need help coordinating this fight event, as I am a very busy man if anyone wants to volunteer.

We'll call it.. Langara's last gleaming.
Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:10 am

barney_fife wrote:Secondly, After speaking with Cryovizard, it appears the Orsa of Terminus are going to launch an attack on the Aschen Confederation (Including Langara itself) Which means that it is likely needed in the events listing. As Cryovizard and I plan on this being an all out slugfest between Good and Evil, between the Aschen and her allies, and whatever Patronus that may get involved, and Krycis and Maleficus and any Orsa allies they may bring.

I will need help coordinating this fight event, as I am a very busy man if anyone wants to volunteer.

We'll call it.. Langara's last gleaming.

Krycis doesn't really speak for the entire Orsa of Terminus, so it's unlikely the rest will be joining him in his efforts against the Aschen. However, as for Patronus assistance, that will largely depend on *when* this happens. The Patronus will be hurting soon, and many of them MIA and out of contact with the rest of their allies, and certainly in no position to help the Aschen. However the spinter group will remain around, if the Aschen have a means of contacting them without the assistance of Sylvire (who will be one of the individuals out of contact)

In a week and a half, the large list of assaults on the Patronus are scheduled to be kicking off, and due to us juggling about 6 or 7 major assault scenes at once, involving every character in the plot, and with no way to know who all will survive these assaults, it's unlikely anyone will have characters to spare until after these scenes are over.

However, if Krycis holds his attack until after this, then as I said, the splinter group will be around and kicking. Sylvire's group will probably be MIA for a few months.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I know, there's a lot of fights planned, I posted here as an interest check.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Woot! Ok. Everything is moving along smoothly and the threads for the assault scenes will be going up next weekend. However I will say that we have a ton of NPC's available, for both teams. This means if your scene finishes early, you are more than welcome to ask to slot into one of the other scenes by taking over some NPC's.

In theory, the smaller scenes will resolve first and people that want to volunteer can slot into the larger scenes to help them go smoother.

If you want to volunteer for this, let me know so I can give you NPC's to control.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Title ideas. Ha, ha, Tiko, you are funny. The Ylanne is not the best one for titles. In the recent past, most of my titles have come directly from quotes. For Cryovizard's and my thread, whatever title most strikes your fancy is probably fine. Did you have an opportunity to read over the post I've written? Cryovizard and I both reviewed it.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 am

Tada. All the threads are up and ready. A complete list of all the scene links can be found in the ongoing scenes list. The post orders are listed next to the links.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot those were going up today. For some reason, I thought "this weekend" meant next week. That was a fail.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Most people already know this, but Cryovizard is taking an announced leave for a week. He said he will try his best to get on this week to post, but that if he can't, he will be back next weekend. Thank you for your patience :)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!