Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Orsa of Terminus: News and Events

a part of “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”, a fictional universe by Tiko.

The lull in the war has ended, and the Orsa of Terminus is on the rise once more. Will the battle hardened Patronus remain strong, or fall under the growing might of this renewed threat?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:51 am

I believe the magic types are differently also. Everia has a system of specializing in a single element, but as mentioned they're more military focused battle-mages. Celestia is more healing focused, but I think they both cover other fields of magic, for more well-rounded mages. I dunno, maybe Parabola and Arrow can give a better rundown.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:56 am

Argh the same dilemma arises! At least the lack of trust will add an interesting dynamic to my side of the story. I'm hoping to be more involved than I have been in the past, what, year? Well, let me know so I can work on finagling from my end.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:21 am

The main difference between Everia and Celestia is, as the others said, that Everia is the magical equivalent of military school - mages go there to learn to become battlemages, and a good number of the graduates choose to become part of Everia's standing army. In the non-multiverse setting that Everia is in, it's based in a country and therefore that army is loyal to the ruler of said country, but in the multiverse the army is standalone and the headmaster or headmistress chooses where to direct it. The army is also a lot smaller than in the other 'verse setting, as both Everia and Celestia are the focal points of entire cities rather than simply academies.

The magic of Everia is just as varying as Celestia's -- it's different methods, same source, same background, and mostly same results. Both academies have universal magic -- in as much as is normal for magic, i.e. ranging from common things like elemental manipulation or more obscure things like divination, transfiguration or warding. Everything learnt at Everia is geared towards either direct application in battle or linked into a general understanding that is necessary for more complex magic, again to be used in battle. Elemental magic is limited to a single element unless you're amazing. Everia itself is built a lot like a fort, with thick and high walls around an outer area, then another set of walls around an inner area. It's built to be defended.

Celestia, on the other hand, is an academic institute, like a university combined with a high school (secondary school/sixth form/university for Brits). People come to study degrees there as well as for earlier magical education. Celestia deals in academic subjects as well as magical ones, to provide a well-rounded education while also training people to use magic safely and well. It has a larger campus, with green park area as well as outbuildings (all contained within the walls).
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 am

My brain hurts from attempting to assimilate all of that information. Despite the fact that it's been now over a year sine delving into the world of magic (or dabbling, perhaps, to be more accurate), I still feel terribly underinformed and ignorant when it comes to different forms and abilities of magic. For the most part, I've been pretending to know what I'm doing (I really don't.) So on that terribly encouraging note (kidding), does anyone have any suggestions for how precisely I might be able to involve Amira in the post-splinter plot?

By the way, thanks for the information, Parabola. I'll definitely have to read it again, closer, and later. C'est possible qui je vous trouver une maniere a se joindre. (Forgive my terrible French.)

Imehal -- yep, as noted above, that is an in character problem with which I will be forced to contend. Whisper and Sylvire are the only two who had much interaction with Ayasha at all over the past year. Drakus did too, but he's not Patronus to my knowledge. So with Whisper's mind entirely ravaged and her a prisoner, and Sylvire inaccessible because her party will be in her homeworld, Ayasha doesn't really have any actual contacts in the Patronus at this point. She knows some of their names, but does not actually know any of them well or personally. Thus, she will instruct Amira to seek out the Patronus and warn her that she may have to prove loyalty in some fashion or another.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Alright, I updated the active character/players list. If you're not on it, let me know. Ylanne I removed Ayasha, and replaced her with Amira, largely because given Ayasha's position, I don't think she really qualifies as an active main character anymore. You're still welcome to of course have her involved as is actually feesible should the opportunity come up.

Also, the current activity count sits at... 13 active players, and
90 listed characters. That's well over 100 if you account for the unlisted ones! I am thoroughly impressed with everyones activity levels and making this possible.

Special thanks go to Script for making Aelora possible. You should all send him gift baskets.

P.S.

For those that aren't aware, we hit the one year mark this month. Orsa of Terminus has been running for a full year now. Kudos to everyone :)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Here is the link to Amira's profile. My roleplay When the Lion Wakes hit its one year mark last month. :)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:09 am

I would like to announce that we now have our very own sub-forum :)

It can be found here. This means I won't be posting lists of completed scenes/ongoing scenes anymore. Instead I will merely lock completed scenes. If for some reason anyone wants to go back and add to a locked scene just let me know. Likewise let me know if you want something locked.

Everyone is of course entirely welcome to use the sub forum however they wish as long as it's plot or character development oriented. Enjoy!

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Ok, so Parabola organized all of our etherpads under one ietherpad account. ^__^

http://orsaplotline.ietherpad.com

If you need an account still, PM me or Parabola your e-mail and the name of the account you want, and one of us will get you added. As always, the etherpads are entirely optional, though most everyone has taken to using them, and we do keep some current news updates on the main pad.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Deadline Notice: I want to aim to have these current active scenes done by the end of May. This doesn't include the individual scenes that will be ongoing within Amarathia (spanning 1 week in game time). I will note that once these last few scenes are done, I won't be chasing everyone down constantly anymore. If you want your character to participate, you really need to step up and arrange it with another player. I've kept on everyone so far, because these scenes *needed* to be done. Also excellent output from everyone during this insane grind of scenes, I'm extremely impressed. Keep it up :)

As for all of the unfinished scenes... if they aren't done by the deadline, then outcomes will be determined and the scenes resolved one way or the other. It's not fair on everyone else to hold the entire RP up.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:57 am

For those that don't know, we recently lost two players. Veji and Gasmask. Their characters have been phased out of the RP, and any ongoing scenes involving them have been dropped. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Due to the loss of two players, we decided to bring two new ones in, XavierDantius32 and RedRaine. Please make them feel at home ^___^ Blood, violence and mayhem, you know the drill.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Notice: Looking for Co-GM

With Vyral's extended absence, I'm looking for a third GM. The workload on Script and I is pretty heavy, and as a result we have had to drop a lot of the Orsa side player involvement in this story.

Ideally, what I'm looking for is someone who can work with Script and I to arrange and run Orsa affairs and activities within the Wing City area of the RP. You should be capable and willing to head a lot of background RP involving wide-spread cult activities and mooks, as well as more central key NPC's. You should also be prepared to push ideas forward and make sure that the story doesn't stagnate on that end. Ideally, I would like someone who is already in the RP to take up this mantle, though I would be open to bringing in an outside player with a good enough application.

And yes, I'm doing this on a competitive application basis. I care a lot about this RP, and I don't want someone who's going to bail in a week. If you're interested, PM me an application. If you have GMed before, feel free to include things like the sorts of games you have run before. If you're not already involved in the RP, be capable of presenting some of your past RP content.

Edit: If anyone has any ideas for players they would recommend for this, feel free to let me know via PM.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Re: [OOC] Orsa of Terminus: News and Events

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Starting tomorrow I will be taking a vacation for two weeks, so my posting will be erratic at best. If the General Training scene is started before I return, then I will try to post (I'm bringing my laptop along) but there's a good chance I won't be able to. Sorry for the short notice, but I don't think Marxan is needed in any more scenes for the moment, so all my posts for the moment should be done.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Notice: Tiko is going swimming in hurricane Irene.

I may be MIA for the weekend.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Ok, as some of you already know, ietherpad has gone down and taken much of our recent content with it. Imehal has much of the Aelora content saved, though none of the Academy content.

So here's the plan of action. We already Rped the content, we know what happened, and many of you don't log every chat scene you do anyways. So, the finished scenes that were lost, while unfortunate, won't need to be rewritten.

What I will be doing is posting the mostly finished scenes that Imehal had, with a summarized explanation of the outcome of the scenes that she didn't have full logs of. I will also do a posted summary for the Red/Snow/Lucas/Van one that got lost.

If ietherpad ever recovers, we can edit the missing content in at a later date, but for now we will simply forge ahead.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and for not having backed up the etherpad content more recently. But what's done is done, what we need now is a new place to setup shop. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Update on the situation.

After getting all of the logs posted up I'm pleased to say that our losses aren't as great as it first appeared. Please extend thanks to Imehal for that.

Here's the status of all the posts that were still in the etherpad.

Emma/Talos/Parlina/Marxan - Mostly intact, only missing the last two posts.
Kirae/Niv/Brent/Amber - Intact
Natalie/Nihm/Raedan - Intact
Narruk/Aliana/Aren - Intact
Ruan/Shana/Elante/Lianna - Lost
Snow/Red/Lucas/Van - Lost

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm

We can do GoogleDocs, which is incredibly stable, or we can use RPG Write, which apparently does not crash when the site does.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Ok. Remaeus was kind enough to embed some RPG Write pads into a thread for us. I have one setup for the Aelora group, and one setup for the Terra group. For the time being, people will just have to play nice and share pads.

Embedded Aelora Pad:
orsa-terminus-progress-posts-t65091.html#p1553151

Embedded Terra Pad:
orsa-terminus-progress-posts-t65091.html#p1553152

Non embedded links, for people who want them:
http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Orsa ... :%20Aelora
http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Orsa ... s:%20Terra

This does come with the added benefit that once a post is completed, you can post into the thread that you're done, that way people subscribed will get updates. Please try to keep idle chatter or unnecessary updates to a minimum in that thread. For discussions about the scene or anything minor regarding in progress updates, please utilize the pad chat itself and not the thread. If peoples subscriptions and/or bookmarks are spammed out with step by step updates it will defeat the purpose.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Ok, everyone should have an e-mail invitation to the titanpad. If you don't, let me know.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

I have not received the email invitation. I'm also not sure where I'm supposed to be in-character.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!