Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Petition: Create a Specific Subforum for High School RPs

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Petition: Create a Specific Subforum for High School RPs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:06 am

I'm going to keep it short and sweet, so the title says it all. Currently, the realistic section is absolutely dominated by high school roleplays. There's no point in calling it the "Realistic" forum if it's simply code for the "High School Roleplay" forum. So... can you guess my suggestion?

Let's make a subforum! Yaaaay.

I am serious, though. I'm not the only person to complain about this phenomenon and I know I'm not the only one who finds searching through the bog of high school roleplays to be an annoying experience.

And you know the best thing about this suggestion? No one loses.

These roleplays clearly appeal to a certain set of roleplayers. I'm cool with that. Creating a subforum makes it easier for these sorts of roleplayers to find this genre of roleplaying they enjoy so greatly, and it removes a very widespread genre that does not necessarily appeal to all individuals who enjoy realistic roleplaying.

So, here it is, my wee little petition to create a subforum for High School roleplays. Who's with me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Petition: Create a Specific Subforum for High School RPs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilina on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:07 am

I agree to this motion fully ~desu ne

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lilina
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 am

I also agree with this, if only to move these High-School RPs out of Realistic.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 am

Yea, but that would be a waste of space devoted to something that shouldn't exist in the first place. :)

Rachelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:39 am

Sure, why the hell not. I'm all for having a subforum for the High school Rp's since people are going to continue to make them despite there is a hundred already. =]

Keep writing!

You should probably use our chat, and save the forum for longer posts.

Ah, kiss mah arse, you stupid prompt.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de mÊtal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 am

I agree completely :)

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 am

This Petition has the complete and total support of Ottoman.

The Highschool RPs should be depor-I mean moved. :)

[rant]So long as I don't have to break my ass, digging through all the Highschool RPs to get to the one Militaristic, Realistic RP that I might be interested in. And so that I don't have to deal with any one who are used to Highschool RPs, in a militaristic RP or anything relatively Right-Wing, who thought it to be something else. No offense intended.

*cough*
eternalfaithx wrote:.....

:shock:

what.

the fuck.

is this.

*cough*

Who just don't know about the rule of,

If you don't know about it, and don't like it, just don't post.[/rant]

Enough of my ranting, on with the Concentration Camp Subforum! :D

On a side note, in this future HS Subforum, can we move all the Futuristic and Fantasy ones there as well?

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

I agree. Things are a big disorganized in my opinion. It would make things a lot easier.

My Life Is Yours
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 am

If people keep on maki ng these Highschool roleplays, I know the best way to fix it.

Send em all to highschool! Let's see how they cope =P
Please join my new role play, it's my first here. monster-hunter-t8736.html

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

I agree completely. I'm fairly certain that we are all aware how unpopular/popular high school role plays are. You either loathe them for their lack of creativity in escaping the real world and mass production, or adore them for...well, I'm in the first group, so I couldn't honestly tell you why they're so popular. Let's just move on.

The point is that there are thousands (I don't think I'm exaggerating there) of high school role plays. Some of them are really thought out and have unique quirks and good players involved (one of them is one of the most popular games on the site, amirite?) but I feel the better part of them are just your basic 'I'm picked on at home and unpopular, ur kawaii, let's hang and make a band' kind of cra...stuff. Some people just eat that up. But it does clog up the rest of the forums, and it can be frustrating trying to sort through them all to get at something...different.

So I'm all for it. Games that have anything to do with high school, whether it's "emo high" or "monster high" or "super power high," should be in a separate forum. Some people might find this unfair generalization, thinking that THEIR version of monsters in high school is WAAAAY more speshul than the dozens of others, but think of it this way: in the realistic forum, we have 1920's mobster games, military games, games about everything and anything that could or would happen in real life. And the fantasy forum? Woah.

Oh, and..

Good work!

Now just make sure that you've checked spelling and grammar, and proofread at least once - then hit the submit button below.

Thank you, gentle prompt. I appreciate your concern with my posting quality =D

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:53 am

I actually never knew we had all these highschool role plays...

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:10 am

[quote=Ottomon]Enough of my ranting, on with the Concentration Camp Subforum! :D [/quote]

You stole the joke I was going to use!

[quote=Ottoman]On a side note, in this future HS Subforum, can we move all the Futuristic and Fantasy ones there as well?[/quote]

Seconded.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

Personally, I have to say that I'm rather frustrated with the fact that I can no longer find a good realistic roleplay. Don't take me wrong. I know they're out there. But I go to college, and so don't have enough time to wade throught the ocean of sh... crap that's out there in the realistic forum. I know this is slightly off topic, but I have to say it. It's not just the highschool roleplays. I found one in the realistic forum that was called:
"To much stress (Romantic, vampire, wolf, mature)"
Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that there were no such things as vampires. Wouldn't that make them... I dunno, fantasy maybe?
Oh, scratch what I said before about not just highschool RPs. That one's also a highschool roleplay.
So, as for my two hundred thousand cents, please add my name to this petition, if only to improve this wonderful site.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 pm

The users have spoken, and their will be done. The "High School Roleplays" subforum of realistic should be up shortly. I'll need some assistance in thread-moving, however.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Huzzah, huzzah! Let us all rejoice for democracy or...whatever it is we consider ourselves to be!

And Kouketsu, I shall gladly assist with the moving process, of course, as I'm sure all of the other mods with the ability to do so will say as well.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Kou and I have moved most of the threads. GMs and Admins, if you see any school-based RPs in the REALISTIC forum, please move them promptly.

I'm making an announcement now to alert all thread creators that their threads may have been moved.

Ghost, I understand your pain. In going through the 12 pages of RPs in the Realistic section, I found many fantasy ones, as well as several OOC threads. Now that I know these forums are a little more disorganized than I thought, I'll be working to make sure things get organized and stay that way. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Kronos wrote:
Ottoman wrote:Enough of my ranting, on with the Concentration Camp Subforum! :D

You stole the joke I was going to use!

Hey! I'm the board Kraut, you're the Russkie, you get a Gulag. 8)

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyasama on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:08 am

Well played. I was actually thinking of the same thing. Thank you admins.
ImageImage

Kiyasama
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!