Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Raise

Raise

a part of “Raise”, a fictional universe by Aro.

Never Forget. They'll Make You Remember. You cannot train the untrainable. You can't kill what has been around for millions of years. They are back from the dead and they won't let you forget.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Raise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Raise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 am

Hello everyone and welcome to Raise! If you have any questions, suggestions, correction, or simply want to chat go right ahead! ^^

I'll wait until a few people submit before I post an intro for my characters. I'd like to see what you guys had in mind before we go ahead and get started.
Kids these days should just Quit life and become Zombies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Raise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 am

HI!
this looks really cool :)
Doubt thou the stars are fire
Doubt that the sun doth move
Doubt truth to be a liar
But never doubt I love

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

showers in april
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:49 am

Post-apocalyptic world with dragons. I like the sound of this, I think I might stick around.

Arcanus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am

Submitted a character; hope you like her. What's your plan for our intros? How will we all meet?
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 pm

One question. I know humans have a limit on technology and parts, but what is their limit on electricity.

I'm playing 3 humans, and one is a genius and an inventor, who's biggest problem is lack of parts, and he needs to find a way to steal parts from the City.

I am deciding wether or not to play as a dragon. As for a hybrid, no idea.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 pm

By the way, ideas for dragons. Why not making a Hydra?

A Hydra has multiple heads, usually 5 or 9, and long necks. A Hydra has the ability to regenerate and multiply a head when it is cut off, and one of it's heads, the middle one, spews fire, while the other ones have poison.

I don't know how it might work but maybe a Hydra will be like the one above, or maybe all it's heads can spew fire, or all of it's heads have poisonous breath or venom bites, or maybe none of it's heads have anything special, but I was thinking that Hydra might be a good idea, it would likely be an uncommon dragon, likely large in size, and likely wont have wings.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mugenn on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

This looks very promising. I think I will create a character. How advanced is the technology by the way?
"Forget all that formal crap 'bout comin' at me one at a time. I'll take all you bitches on!"
Mugen - Samurai Champloo

Mugenn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 pm

@showers in april: Thanks!

@Arcanus: Glad you like it! ^^ Couldn't find one like it when I searched around and all the other Dragon Rp's were dead so I MADE MY OWN! o.o

@Reianna: lol Hello there. Thanks for joining this Rp too. Intro's... I'll make a separate post here with my idea on that.

@Lloyd999: The limit on electricity is simply harnessing enough to power larger objects efficiently. They had lights, radio (to communicate mostly but there are starting to be radio shows for families), small motor bikes and maybe even a full sized motorcycle (think late 1880's to early 1900's). Your character can steal parts from the boarder of the city. I'm sure lots of things go flying out of the City when the dragons fight. Also they can salvage the cars that surround the city and litter forest... which according to the map of the world in my head use to be a freeway.
As for the Hydra that is a possible character. Perhaps don't make it as invincible as it is in Myth. It would be a mix between a water dragon and a fire dragon.

@Mugenn: Not too advanced. Think of being like the late 1880's to the early 1900's but mostly underground.

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Also, guns are still a main weapon. If the town is protected by some high powered missiles then their smaller guns have advanced a lot to take down much larger prey, though anything smaller then a missile won't harm a dragon.

As for the intros. I think that the humans should just go ahead and start near the river. Most people have to get their water daily from the river in the morning so character interaction is bound to happen. Maybe a water dragon could appear and I know that my character would try to talk to it, but maybe it could snap and the humans will kill it? Some conflict and stuff. How about you? Any ideas?

And for the dragons. Since the only two dragons so far are both thunder dragons we can have them interact. Maybe they could be hunting and one of them gets in the way of the other. Dragons are so territorial that a fight could erupt. Hm?

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm think of submitting a fire dragon with a particularly nasty temper. I'm going to read over this some more but I like the idea behind this rp.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 pm

@Wake: Sweet. That's exactly what we need. :) Glad you like it and I'm looking forward to looking over your profile and meeting that dragon.

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:15 pm

I've updated the first page and um... if anyone has any more ideas go ahead and post them otherwise I'm gonna be gone for about two hours and if no one else has suggested anything I'll go ahead and introduce my characters in the "Outskirts" and the "World". As of right now we're just introducing the characters so no one should get "lost" yet... um yeah. Okay! I'm gone for now see you guys later.

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Drogah has been made. just waiting for an accept and it's BURNINATING ready to start off.

[edit] Oh and I claim responsibility for any "family member killed by fire dragon". Makes it easier for my character to become a bastard.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mugenn on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:04 am

lol you bastard im going to kill you :D

Mugenn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:07 am

Tell it to the giant torrent of fire coming out of my nostrils. :P

[edit] shame your character isn't named Inigo Montoya :D

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mugenn on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 am

lmao how about "You killed my father. Prepare to be shot in the face" :P

Cant wait to get this RP started its going to be epic :D

edit: How would you go about taming a wild water dragon?

Mugenn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am

One character down and another to go. Just posted my intro for my human Kaylani and now I'm working on my dragon's intro. ^^

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am

Good, and that's my cue to open up Drograh's intro... which means some village somewhere is probably going to get the trogdor treatment.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 am

Go for it. We're keeping the dragon posts in the "World" section for now right? They aren't really interacting with the humans yet unless they're bonded with a human already.

Aro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mugenn on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 am

Just posted my intro bit short but think it suits my character well. Are we all going to group up or are we staying solo?

Mugenn
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!