Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Rewrite the Future: Preventing the Apocalypse

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Rewrite the Future: Preventing the Apocalypse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karazura on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm

“There is a large horde of undead at our gates, and our men can’t hold them much longer. What are your orders?” A courier informs me.
I glance out the window from my tower, and look upon my facility.
“Evacuate the facility, when everyone else is clear I’ll leave.”
“But, the horde might have gotten too far for you to evacuate except by helicopter. You aren’t in that good a condition anymore.”
“So be it, you have your orders. Any word on the Vampire Legion?”
“They have responded to our calls and are sending a small force to deal with the zombies. They will be here in five hours however. Long after we will have needed to evacuated.”
“The order still stands, evacuate the men and lock down as they get clear stall them as long as we can.”
“Of course, I will inform them right away.”
How did it come to this? How did so many die to gain our freedom after the end? How? The vampires, I knew since before the end, were a small underground organization of true vampires trying to prevent the destruction of the world. Their secrecy kept them safe, and more importantly alive. The zombies, good lord, were a true surprise. How did so many come into existence, and how did containment fail? How did the government screw up so badly that entire states were consumed by the horde? And they got angry when I led the rebellion that left them as a weak alliance of twelve states. Sixty eight years ago the pandemic reached critical mass.
I never expected to become the leader of this way of life, I couldn’t see this coming if I had a crystal ball. Mankind never deserved this lifestyle.
“If you feel that way, how about I give you a chance to stop this?” A dark booming voice echoes in my head.
“Who are you?”
“I have gone by many names. To the Greek I was Kronos, more recently I’ve been known as Father Time, much less intimidating, but an accurate title. I have grown weak, that is why time seems to drag on lately, and that is why aging has slowed. You only have this one chance to stop the event. You have one week until the virus is released and a month before it hits the point of no return. Do you remember your contact in the Legion?”
“I do remember him; he died trying to protect me eight years ago.”
“Ask him what happened on the Seventh of December? He will know what it means and he will trust what you say next.”
“Who are you?” My courier asks the man that formed from a mist.
“Are you ready?” Kronos asks.
“What all will I have to prove myself?”
“All that you need will be next to where you wake up. You will be in your body as it was sixty eight years ago. Are you ready?”
“I’ll be in my twenties again? Do it.”
“My…”
I feel myself being cast through time, I see events reversing themselves. I am watching from outside my body. I am being cast back through time. All my work is undone state by state, township by township, block by block. I see my destination, my bed sixty eight years ago. I feel my conscious collide with my body and I jolt into awareness. I am in my apartment and it feels like I had a long vivid dream. On my dresser lies a pile of photos, war photos from my past… future. In the pile are war photos against the horde, against the United States Armed Forces that abandoned us for nearly ten years to deal with the growing horde on our own, war photos that even had the time stamp on them. I realize then, it all happened.
I pick up my phone which is lying next to my bed and dial in the number of my contact from the Underground Legion as they call themselves right now.
“Hey. What’s going on?” My friend inside the Legion asks.

The events of this RP would take place February of the year 2023. I am not planning on playing the time traveler. Exact age of that character is not predetermined, just in their twenties, so please work around that. I avoided stating a gender so that it can be decided by whoever plays that character, who, if it gets to such a point that I determine that the virus still escapes and reaches that critical mass, will become the ruler of the greater half of what was the United States. You can choose sides in this. Either trying to cause the apocalypse or trying to prevent it, you can be a vampire or human. I will be the contact in the Legion so that roll is filled. And any great army needs its generals.

This is more of an idea thread.
Don't be afraid to Ask about The Eternal War, or Project Aries, rps I am looking to get off the ground.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karazura
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!