Roleplay of the Dead (ic)

Topic Tags:

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Roleplay of the Dead (ic)

Postby Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Please do not post here unless you are whitedarkangel2010 or Jake_o

It was very strange when all this happened. I mean everyone had seen the movies like Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, but we never truly thought that it could happen to us. Everyone just knew that zombies were movie horrors but there was no way for it to happen in the real world. I guess that's why it took so many of us by surprise. The disease, curse, plague, or whatever you want to call it swept through the nation quicker then we though possible. We should have seen something like this coming after the swine flu scare but its easy to be wise in retrospect. It all started as an isolated case in a small town. The news was there the next morning filming everything. Some sort of attack had happened in the town fifteen were dead and the person that did it was mad. They showed a picture of the suspect. He had dark skin, not gray movies had that one wrong, his eyes were blood shot and had small pupils. The man was stumbling around the place in no apparent direction and his eyes were fluttering all over the place. There were a few of use, some called them paranoid, that had seen this coming. Me and my sister however had not been among the few and I watched in amazement as the man turned and bit the neck of one of the officers. It was a horribly gruesome scene. The bit went straight through the esophagus and when the man pulled away there was a giant hole full of blood and black liquid in his neck. The disease took over the entire 72 hours after that. All it took was one bite and you fate was sealed. Some believed that this was the doing of the government and that with disease there are cures but I couldn't care less. After having to watch my parents become zombies I just ran and fought. I was with my twin for awhile after it all happened but we soon got into a fight. Its funny I don't even remember what it was about anymore. After that though we went are separate ways. It has been about a month sense then and there are more zombies out in the streets then humans left. For a while I was out there fighting and killing as many of the zombies as I could. I was getting fairly good at it to. I had raided a few pawn shops and gun shops the were in town and had a good arsenal at my disposal. I had found a sword, six daggers for closer combat, pistols set inside a jacket I had scavenged, two shotguns and a sniper. After I had been fighting in the streets for about five days I came upon a building that I could easily defend. The only time I left for the next three and a half weeks was to go back to one of the many gun shops to load up on ammo or get food. All I have to say is thank god, Buddha, or who ever for the second amendment in America. After the first week I had a stock pile of ammo to last me a year if the zombie population had stayed the way it was. The cool thing about the building I was in was it had a radio broadcaster inside. I had used it scene I got here broadcasting on all frequencies I could, it took me a little while to figure out the whole set up, letting anyone alive know I was here and willing to help. It wasn't long before a few people had tried to make it to the building. Some of them made me wonder how they survived as long as they did, they seemed to be pure retards at the hope of a safe haven being bit and dieing before the could get withing 50 yards of the place. There was one that made it though and he has been helping me keep the zombies as bay. His name was Tim, he had a fairly muscular build looking like he could rip a zombies head off with no problems and was good with almost any rifle he was given even brought a few with him on the day he arrived weeks ago. He came up to the roof about five minuets ago, it was my turn to broadcast out to anyone alive. "Hello anyone living, your listening to Jake on hope radio. If anyone out there is alive I have secured a building with a friend and if you can make it here we are offering sanctuary to anyone. Also if your out there sis, I'm sorry about the fight. come find the building, I miss you." I always added the call to my sis but I haven't seen here yet. My hope has started dwindling slowly over the month and my heart falling at the prospect of her zombification. That would make my entire family zombies, one of which I killed.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Re: Roleplay of the Dead (ic)

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Ever since the outbreak of the undead zombies she was on the run and had very little time to stay at one place. These were very good at finding human flesh and a lot of them would be surrounding her in a few minutes. Right now she was in a grocery store that was locked and no one was in there so she was lucky. Her stomach was growling and she needed food so she broke in but no one would care everyone was fleeing for their lives at the moment. She had a long sword attached to her belt so she could get to it in case she had to in a few short seconds. Her mind went back to when she saw the man on the news and how he looked so dead but alive. How could that be? The shocking picture of the man with his neck cut open by the zombie flashed into her mind and she made a sickened face. A few moments later she could hear the zombies moans outside so she needed to act fast. The radio crackled and it made me jump I could hear his name and that he had offered some kind of protection then it cut out about the sister part. There were only a few big building's in this are and she could easily get to them from here. Soon she heard one of them coming through the front door and she grabbed whatever was closest even if she did not like it and started heading out the back door. Jake rang through her mind because of the man who sent the message had the same name, but how many Jake's where there in the world? Even so he had a safe building or so it seemed and she was going to head there brother or not. As she ran she stuffed her food into a backpack she had picked up a little while ago. The food would not last long but maybe she could find another place on her journey. A few tears slid down her face as she wished she had not fought with her brother in the last few moments of their time together but nothing could change that right now. When she was thinking about that a zombie almost caught her arm and tried to bite her but her sword slammed right into the brain of the zombie and killed it instantly. She knew now she had to run fast fresh blood on the zombie and on her sword would only attract more and more. She decided to try the closest building that was only about a block away and she might be able to rest there. It had been a few nights since she had sleep and she was feeling it. Her legs picked up speed even though she was tired and started heading for that big building. Even from where she stood she could see the tall peak of it and it gave her new hope to reach someone that was a survivor like her.

(I got to go I will reply to your next post later when I get home from work)
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Jake finished up with the broadcasting machine for the night. It was a dangerous time right now the sun was starting to go down and the zombies were getting restless. From the room he was in he could hear the sharp crack of a gun going off on the roof. Tim was mowing down zombies as they got two close. He left the room and headed to the bathroom. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror the last month was hard on his face, what was once smooth with the occasional pimple now had large wrinkles, dark black bags under his eyes and a shaggy chin full of hair. the yellow blond hair that he had when he left his house was now stained light red brown from all the blood in it. The water had been off in this house for a while but even if it was on he doubted if he would use it. whats a shower when there are hundreds of zombies roaming the streets trying to kill you. He went back up to where Tim was on the roof and picked up a sniper rifle. It wasn't the best sniper rifle out there but he had gotten use to it and this was the one he preferred to use. Tim and Jake took to the zombies and cleared the streets and parking lots around the building. Even though more would come they tended to be a bit slow. After they had cleared the last zombie for now Jake took his turn to go to sleep. The two worked in shifts so that they were never really over run with zombies like he was when they found the place. Jake went down to the first floor and checked on everything that he had installed on the doors and windows. It was a virtual vault now. You would be surprised what you learn to do when its life or death. He then went to what used to be a waiting room on the first floor but has now become a pantry for all there food and supplies. They were running low on food and he would have to go out tomorrow and re-stock everything. For now he headed for the second floor and went for one of the rooms that they made into a bedroom. He laid in the bed for a little while before the heaviness of his eyes took him to the world of dreams.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 pm

The shot almost went right past her as a zombie was getting to close. Thinking that the person might think she was one she hid behind a wall from a store. "Help me." She called out to the man on the roof not knowing if he could hear her but hoped. "I"m not one of them please help." Her voice echoed throughout the cold night. Slowly she peered out from around the corner now her brother had gone downstairs by this time and went to bed. Her hair was not blood streaked but it was quite dirty and so were her clothes. The sword hung loosely in her hands waiting in case something came up and tried to attack her. So this was the apartment from the broadcast on the radio. So there were people in the apartment building but she did not know how many people. For the first few stories the windows looked boarded up and then the last few stories didn't. She guessed because zombies cannot climb that high and she was sure now this was the safe place nothing could get her in there.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Tim stood guard picking off the occasional zombie that walked by drawn to the smell of blood. Together they must have killed at least 300-400 zombies there were more people in town but this part didn't have much more the 250 people so he started to wonder where all of them came from.

As he was looking through the scope to find the next target he heard someone calling out from the street
"Help me. I'm not one of them please help." He stood up moon light glinting off his bald head. Then in a scruffy, under toned voice called out, "If you can make it to the door your more then welcome here. Ill be down there waiting. I wont be able to provide back up so your going to have to make it across on your own." As soon as he finished he turned around and headed for the first floor door it would take a few minuets to remove all the safety locks and pads that Jake had put on the door. Tim had done it enough times though that it was almost like second nature. He didn't even notice that the door was not the same one that they originally hung here anymore. when he first came he was surprised at what Jake had made out of it but it was not entirely finished. Together they had finished the first two floors but were planing a few things for the rest of them if they could get more people to come to this safe haven.

Tim finally opened the door pistol in hand ready to shoot what every tried to attack them. It wasn't just zombies you had to worry about anymore but some of the people that went completely off the deep end. some of them are out there and even though we have know idea how they lasted this long with all there reckless choices they have and most are scarier and more dangerous then the zombies themselves
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Maybe she shouldn't have screamed it would just attract more and more zombies but she needed to get somewhere safe. "I'll try." She nodded toward the building and saw there were a few gathering at the door not many but she could easily pick them off. Slowly she made her way through the few steps before the first zombie started approaching her. When one of them got to close she raised her arm and hit the zombie dead on in the head which made him fall to the ground. She was never good with aim until now since she needed to be fast and quick on her toes. The man that was on the roof she could see now and hoped he would kill a few that started surrounding the doors. Just another few feet maybe 10 and she would be home free.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Tim poked the gun out the door and quickly took care of three zombies near the door. There were a few more but there was no time for the gun, they were two close. he took a sword of a counter near the door and started swinging at the rest. slicing of heads and limbs as if they were nothing. Blood was flying everywhere but he was careful not to get any in his eyes or mouth, he had seen a few tern that way. The girl that was outside was now closer to the door so he switched back to the pistol and hammered away at the few that were behind her.
Last edited by Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:07 pm

She covered her face with her hands as she saw him try to kill the last few zombies that were trying to get close to the door. Moments later she was behind him and finally safe from these undead creatures. "Thank you." She said leaning against the wall waiting for the door to close and her to be safe so she would not need to be in fear anymore. Was anyone else here? The two twins used to have a psychic connection when they were younger but now that was gone but she still wished she had it.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Tim shut the door after eliminating the last few heading for the door. He worked in silence and he re-secured the door. After he closed the door he put a hand out, "your welcome" a smile spread across his face "I'm Tim. Your the third person to make it safely here. Bold move trying to get here at night." He then moved to the pile of supplies and grabbed something for the both of them. without looking at what he got he went back to the girl and handed her what was in his right hand then went back to re-load the pistol that now hung from his left hip.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Looking at the hand she put hers out and shook it slightly at least she was welcome here. The sword she placed near the door in case they ever needed it again. "Well I was just at the grocery store and I heard the radio call. So I was like a block away and decided to try to come here." She took the pistol knowing it was a lot better then the sword she was using. Also it wouldn't use as much strength. "Who else is here?" She wondered having no clue that her brother was only a few doors away from her.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Tim looked at the new girl, "Like I said just three of us, you, me and Jake upstairs. Feel free to use any of the food or supplies here when Jake gets up he'll get you up to speed on everything here if you want to stay. First floor is supplies, second floor is radio room, third and forth floors are rooms, you can have any one that you wand as long as its not already taken and chances are its not. I have to get back to the roof before the zombies come back in mass, if there is anything you need just come get me." Tim then moved away from the pile taking some ammo and a few cans of mystery food leaving the new girl to herself.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 pm

"Jake that was my brother's name." She said quietly hoping Tim would hear it but watched him go upstairs. "If you need help let me know." Taking her backpack she decided to go into the third floor to try and get some rest and eat something. It had been since last night that she ate something and her stomach was growling. Also it had been some great time since she had some decent sleep without being awake to run for those flesh eating monsters. She assumed that the elevators were not working so she started walking up the stairs to where he said were the rooms. It was a long hike and her legs ached with each step but soon she arrived on the floor.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Tim was now back on the roof killing the new zombies that came hoping to get a decent meal. He took terns shooting a zombies head and eating a spoon full of the chilly that he grabbed. Jake didn't know how he could stomach that but he guessed after a while the blood just doesn't get to you anymore. It was still a while before he had to get up but Jake had waken up during the excitement that had happened and was now getting up to walk around. he was thinking about getting some more food then going back to his room but had to make a pit stop on the way. He didn't know that they had a new mate in the house just thought that there was a new flush of zombies out on the streets. he was to tired to go down then up the stairs so he rigged the elevator back up to a generator they had there. It was normally disconnected unless they were moving things in the house. as the doors closed to take him to the first floor he thought he saw a girl in the hall, and it looked like his sister! Jake tried to stop the elevator but by the time he came out of the daze the elevator was already moving down. As it went down he told himself that it was just his imagination, there was no way his sister had been there, was there?
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Her eyes were never really good in the dark so she could not see the familiar face of the man nearby but heard the elevator go downstairs. Sighing she looked around and found a nice girls apartment which she could use and at least was safe. Opening the door she noticed the furniture was left neatly and everything was almost of her style which was a good thing. "Home sweet home. At least for now." She said as she put the bag of food on the couch and sat down to rest for a bit. Did the television work? The door to the apartment was left open since she had no fear here at least not yet.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Jake went to the pile and noticed more stuff was gone then usual. There was a hand gun missing and more ammo gone then a typical night. he mad another note that not only would food have to be gathered but he would have to hit up a gun shop as well. Jake found it interesting how in the big panic no one went to the gun stores at all, maybe its because humanity had been soft and no one wanted to kill another human being even if they were already dead. Jake found no problem with it though, to him it was kill or be killed. He did the same to his parents when they tried to hurt him and his sister. "Was that what the fight was about?" he mused to himself while remembering the dark night his parents tried to kill them. he went back up to the third floor via the elevator again. He was still thinking about it as he passed the room he had made with his sister in mind that had its door open. Most of the rooms had been made for guys but there were a few he made for girls. He didn't really know what girls liked so he based all the rooms on what he could remember of his sisters. There was someone in the room and he could swear it was his sis but wasn't entirely sure. "Hello?" he asked in a strained voice.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:43 pm

This room was like it was made for her and it felt weird that she assumed no one would be around that would know her. Taking a bag of chips from her backpack she opened it and started stuffing her face her stomach growled at the smell of it. Soon she heard footsteps coming down the hall and she reached for her gun. Instinctively she thought the man upstairs did not fend off all the zombies and one had gotten into the hotel and she aimed for the doorway. When she heard the voice she put the gun down and peered into the darkness to see who it was. "Hi. You scared me." She said putting another few chips into her mouth.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Jake laughed hesitently " sorry didn't mean to scare you. you must have just gotten in tonight." he looked around the room. "umm if you don't mind my asking, whats your name?" Jake was sure this was his sister but to be 100% certain he had to hear her say her name.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 pm

(I don't think I named her)

It had been so long since she last saw him that she hardly remembered how he looked especially with his hair long instead of cut. "Rebecca. Yeah I just got in a few minutes ago actually." She watched him walk into the room.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Postby Jake_o on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Jake moved to the bed and sat near his sister. His eyes took on a soft quality. "Do you like the room?" He sat quietly for a second and let her absorb everything. "It must feel like home after being out with those zombies for a month." he looked at her and then realized how much different he must look to her she had changed too, but it was less noticeable. She still looked like her old self. Jake smiled at the memory of what felt like ages ago and felt comfort in the knowledge that his sister was here with him.
Jake_o
Member for 4 years

Postby whitedarkangel2010 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Her eyes followed him when he came towards her then sat near her. "Yes I....." Her voice stopped mid sentence and she could not believe what she saw. "J-Jake?" Her voice stammered as she tried to get composure and shook her head trying to see if this was a dream or not. Even though when they last saw each other she hated the fact that he had killed their parents but that was because it was only the start of the invasion. Now she understood that she had to kill them even if they are family.
whitedarkangel2010
Member for 4 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.