*I did not create this image, sandara of deviantart did.
Name: Naia Starfall
For a Centaur, Naia isn't particularly large, standing at about six foot, and weighting in at only about 280 pounds. Her upper torso is of a light skin tone, and her features fair. Waist length blonde hair offsets her green eyes. Her lower equestrian torso is lightly furred and white, with tufted hooves and tail. Overall, she gives the appearance of elegance, and delicacy.
- Shaman: Naia is a shaman, and has the ability to commune with spirits and to manipulate the spiritual elements.
- Flute: Naia plays the flute quite well, and it can be used in a recreational fashion, as well as to help attune herself to the spiritual realm and to aid with her summonings.
Naia is a shaman, and the spells listed here are merely her most commonly used spells. Within the realm of shamanic magic, Naia is quite versatile. Tier 1 spells are basic spells that take very little spiritual reserve and can be cast as frequently as she wants. Tier 2 spells are a bit more taxing and detract from her spiritual reserves. Tier 3 spells are her most advanced spells but require the use of her talisman and calling on her spiritual ancestors in order to access them.
- Commune with spirits: Naia can commune with the spirits of nature, or a
- Zephyr: Naia can harness the spirits of the air to send messages through
the wind. The distance that the wind must travel influences the length of
time before the message will arrive at its destination.
- Basic Elemental Manipulation: Naia can call on the spirits of nature to
manipulate the elements. This can produce minor effects at limited to no
- Summon spirit animal: Naia can summon a spirit animal forth from the
spirit realm as either a specter or a physical manifestation. Should a spirit
be manifested physically, it can be physically harmed, but destroying a
summoned spirit merely returns it to the spirit realm, where it can be
re-summoned after a period of rest and rejuvenation. Totems may be
required to anchor the spirit in the case of multiple summons.
- Astral Projection: Through a period of solitude and meditation, Naia is
capable of projecting her spirit forth from her body to travel the spirit
realm. This allows her to spiritually travel vast distances and observe
events from afar. However, while in this state, Naia is unaware of her
physical location and is rendered into a comatose state of unawareness
Tier 2 spells:
- Spirit bond: By forging a temporary bond between two living spirits,
Naia protects a target by taking damage inflicted onto them, onto herself.
- Spirit of autumn's reaping: Calling on the spirits of the seasons, Naia
drains an enemy's vitality and restores her own with an equal amount.
- Healing spirit: The healing touch of a shaman can mend minor wounds.
It cannot restore blood loss or fatigue. This spell may also be harnessed
to cleanse the victim of toxins, diseases and curses.
- Primal winds: Naia summons forth a primal gust of wind with varying
force. This wind is spiritual in origin and not elemental, and thus cannot
be physically manipulated or influenced through elemental control.
- Searing wind of the south: Similar to primal winds, only with added heat.
- Frigid wind of the north: Similar to primal winds, only with added cold.
- Elemental manipulation: Naia can call on the spirits of nature to
manipulate the elements. This can create powerful effects such as with
tremor, entangle, stone-shaping, water-walking, rain-dance, lightning-bolt,
chain-lightning, gale wind, and fire-bolt.
- Tempest Storm: By calling on the elements of earth, air, fire
and water in unison, Naia can create a raging storm. Fire, hail,
earthen tremors, lightning and wind all come together to form
a formidable weapon with Naia at its eye. This is an extremely
destructive area of effect spell and indiscriminant when it comes
to friend and foe. Naia can however shelter others within the
eye of the storm with herself, though this requires close proximity.
- Spirit of the Keeper: Naia can call on the spirit of a recently
dead companion, compelling them to live once more. This must
be done promptly upon death, before the spirit has had an
opportunity to move. The spirit must be cooperative for the
process to work, and all injuries the victim sustained are mended
and their spiritual energy rejuvenated fully. This spell will
not work should the body of the spirit have been destroyed.
- Starfall: Calling on the spirits of the stars, Naia can bring
down a meteor shower over the area. This is an extremely
destructive area of effect spell and indiscriminant when it
comes to friend and foe, though it can be directed over a
- Summon spiritual ancestors: Calling on the spirits of her
ancestors (or those of her companions), Naia can summon
them forth to fight alongside her (or her companions). The
spirits must be cooperative and willing to come to her (or
her companions) aid. This is temporary and once the spell
is completed, the spirits will fade once more. Communing
with the spirits is not possible, unless the one attempting to
do so has the ability to commune with spirits.
Outside of the realm of magic, Naia is quite talented in natural and spiritual healing methods as well.
- First aid: Naia is well trained in the art of tending to wounds, though she is no surgeon. She can set broken bones, tend to cuts and burns and other traumas.
- Salves: Naia carries a wide variety of salves and ointments on her that vary from tending to wounds, to simply therapeutic.
- Herbal remedies: Naia carries a wide variety of herbs and remedies on her that can treat various ailments as well as induce spiritual awareness and various therapeutic effects.
- Herbs: Naia rarely travels without her extensive selection of herbs and salves.
- Totems: Hand carved figurines, these totems represent various spiritual animals and guardians. A totem can be used to anchor a spirit to the physical realm, though the spirit is linked to the totem and cannot venture from the area that the totem was placed in.
- Talisman: A piece of meteor several millennia old. Passed through the matriarchs of her line, with this talisman she can commune or even draw on the power of the matriarchs before her. Used only in dire situations, so as to not upset the spirits of her ancestors, this has several effects. It temporarily greatly enhances her available spiritual reserves as far as casting spells, and it greatly enhances the potency of all spells while reducing their cast time. It also grants her access to spells she can't normally cast on her own.
Naia can summon forth several spirit animals to her side. However, without the use of totems to help anchor them she is currently limited to one summon at a time (though she has the potential to learn to maintain more). She is capable of communing and summoning forth spirits of any animals native to the area she is currently in, but the following list she can call forth from anywhere, regardless of geographical location. If manifested physically, spirit animals can be physically harmed, but destroying one will merely return it to the spirit realm where it can be re-summoned at a later time. She may also choose to channel a spirit animal through herself or a companion rather than summoning it. This grants certain aspects of the spirit animal, though she can only channel one animal at a time.
- Mountain Lion: