The Kurland Peninsula
What remains of Army Group North has been encircled by the Soviet Army. In the wake of Operation Bagration, the Soviets realized the chance that they had and struck forward to Memel, cutting off the troops who once proudly laid siege to Leningrad. Having been on the retreat for the past year, the men are exhausted, disheveled and without hope - but they fight on. Still desperately clinging to their hopes of a final victory, one that will never come.
Encircled by the Soviets, the soldiers of Army Group North now only serve one purpose to the German High Command - a distraction. They're buying time for those back home to prepare their defenses for the next Soviet offensive, a desperate gamble for a final stand. Those trapped in the Kurland Pocket, even with the encouragement of their superiors and the 'indomitable' will of the Reich, are faltering. They long for an end to the killing that has plagued Europe for the past five years, to go back their homes that they have forgotten, to visit families who don't know them, to return to a life that they can't remember.
This is the tale of such men. Abandoned and abused by those they swore to serve, are they to stand and fight, the last guardians of a dying empire? Or will they forge their own fate, and strive for the home that they lost so long ago?
Squad Leader: Otto Pfeiffer (Ottoman)
Assistant Squad Leader: Open
Machine Gunner: Taken (Masslz)
Assistant Gunner: Taken (XavierDantius32)
Section Leader: Taken (AzricanRepublic)
Section Leader: Open
Rifleman: Taken (XavierDantius32)
Contact me for other roles if you're not interested in the squad, there are several to fill.
2. Character Actions - Being as most characters will be military based in this RP, going off on your own really isn't a good idea, especially with this group. Sticking together will be the key to survival in the Kurland pocket. Playing hero usually winds you up in situations that don't end well, which brings us to the next rule...
3. Character Deaths - It's Kurland, 1944. People are going to die. If your character winds up in a potentially fatal situation, I'll roll a die OOC to determine the result. By submitting a character to this, you accept that you'll be putting them in a situation where they can possibly wind up dead. It's war.
4. IC Posting - Refrain from posting in the activity thread. All IC actions will take place in a separate forum thread.
5. Realism - I would greatly prefer for this RP to be devoid of anachronisms, but I don't expect you to do all of the work. If you ever need any help detailing gear, uniforms, insignia, or need anything about culture or mentalities of the time, I'm more than happy to provide. Remember, you can wear the clothes, but you have to play the part!
6. GM Power - I reserve the right to make any changes to IC actions or OOC matters for the betterment of the roleplay and the experience of the players. If you've any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please direct them to me so that we can resolve the issue.
7. Roleplay - Remember, this is a story told through collaborative writing... it's meant to be fun. If you're not having a good time, you probably shouldn't be here.
View All »Available Characters
These characters are currently marked as available. Why don't you consider viewing their profiles and making a decision on whether or not you can roleplay them accurately?
There haven't been any official reviews of this roleplay yet!
View All »Available Characters
These poor, unfortunate souls were once a part of this great world, but have been abandoned. Why don't you consider viewing their profiles and making a decision on whether or not you can roleplay them accurately?