Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sector Konig Chapter Two: The blind leading the blind

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Sector Konig Chapter Two: The blind leading the blind

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:10 am

Leonide slammed Wrath into the opposing warrior cleanly, but nearly fell down an incredibly high crevice as a result. Ironically enough, his life was saved by the very thing trying to kill him. It kicked into some sort of overdrive, actually counteracting Wrath's forward momentum and pushing both pilot and mech back. This happened for a fair bit of time, to the point where Leonide was in danger of falling over the other side of the bridge-like structure, but yet again, the warrior's misfortune saved him. The machine suddenly ceased movement, and appeared to shut down.

Unexpectedly, the rest of the warriors consequently fled, even though they likely would have killed the group in almost no time flat. Such an event puzzled Leonide, but simultaneously gave him hope and started a cycle of thought. "If they mourned a comrade upon powering down, all we have to do is single out the weakest unit and drain it. At least, that's how it would work in theory. But those bolt fuckers evolve constantly, so they would likely find a way to cover up their weaknesses. Perhaps something similar could be incorporated into Wrath's OS..."

The heavy contemplation and thought almost completely drowned out Leonide's perception of the bridge exploding. Thankfully, he had subconsciously followed Reaper instead of standing still like a dimwit, and therefore survived to fight another day, again.

"All done. C'mon lads, not much further."

"In before another ambush when we get there." Leonide joked.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 am

"Wait." He picked up then nearest fallen warrior, using his heavy hands the sound of tearing sounded. He removed a talon from it's hand, and handed it up to Brenda. He dropped the body with a snort. "That's right, there selling something." He laughed and shook his head, he was prone to mood-changes. Ever since he had his jaw ripped off by a warrior. It had hurt like hell, he could barely remember his squad coming back.

He tapped his hard-drive hovering over his seat. "You ain't seen nothing yet." It hummed to life, giving power to the mech. Making the hands crackle with electricity. He flex his fingers. "There's a port on the top of the mech, covered by a shell head." He pointed towards it. It was underneath brenda's feet. It's hollow eyes staring up at her. "Don't pretend your not freaked out by me, anyway." "Eventually, this group is gonna start asking."

"Oh, why are you a freaking freak?!" "Or, your an ugly motherfucker, why can't they just looking at the eyes and the nose. "I'm pretty happy with my looks, it's not like i'm as ugly as a bot." He advanced the bot forward. Probably knocking brenda off the top and into the pilot seat, he needed something to cover him while he pilioted the mech.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Brenda wobbled back and forth as he stopped the mech, and grabbed the talon he handed up to her. "They're selling what?" Brenda asked confused, he wasn't making much sense to her. Hearing his laugh only confused her more, what was wrong with him? He seemed pretty sober only a moment ago. She looked under her feet and sure enough, there was the head. "What do you want me to do with it?" She asked, talking about both the talon and the port.

Then as Marcus started talking about being freaked out by his appearance, Brenda said, "Alright, time to start setting some heads straight." She then laid down on the top of the mech and hung her shoulders and head over the edge so that she was looking at him, upside down. "I don't care about what people look like. I care about living and that's exactly what I'm doing." Brenda said, her bag and gun slid down by her. "Blasted things, always getting in the way." She grunted as she pushed the bag and gun back up by her side.

Then as the mech started moving again, Brenda felt herself slide forward and in a desperate attempt to keep from falling off, she clung to the edge. This did little good aside from keeping her off the ground. She did fall, but instead of falling all the way to the ground, she fell into the cockpit. If anyone had seen her face, they might compare it to a cat that had just fallen into the bath. Her eyes were big and her mouth was pulled into an awkward frown, as she fell.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Kaun crouched down on top of the roof, he gazed down the street to spot Kris running down. Luckily the kid wasn't in sight of the Warrior. He turned his eyes back to the Warrior, who was heading towards Kris's street corner. :: Must have heard him. :: He thought to himself, preparing to jump and ambush the Warrior. He picked up a piece of the roof he was on, seeing as it was only made of put together metal and other things. He raised his arm, chucking it through an opening into Kris' building to alert him. Right after Kaun rushed off the side of the building with a small leap. He came down on the robot, striking it in the chest with his feet. As both him and the robot fell, he had his sword in hand using it to balance out his fall. He was above the robot when it hit the ground, bringing his sword down, impaling it through chest. "Kris, let's go." He said, stumbling slightly as he felt the shock he put his legs through. He shook his head, once the pain was gone. His sword coming out to finish off the robot. "Before any more show up." He said, walking towards the gate.

Megraw
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, that certainly was interesting. Bots can stop mechs with their bare hands...er, claws. Reaper glanced towards the Russian for a moment, before shaking his head. No...he couldn't have... he let out a quiet gasp, as if realizing something that should have been obvious all along. His baleful gaze shifted to rest on the mecha that housed the mage woman. What had her name been? While scouring his mind for that bit of information, the question popped up in Reaper's head. How, and furthermore, why would she have any reason to increase that warrior's strength? Then, the man sighed and shook his head once more, continuing on down the winding tunnels. It was an outlandish claim. No human would ever willingly help a bot...no matter how insane.

Moments turned into minutes, minutes to hours and the the lighting from the grates and tunnel lights finally waned to nothingness. The party was much deeper now, several miles beneath the surface. They approached a wall that seemed to be composed of a single, very large metal door, one rusted and pockmarked from wear, time and water. Reaper came to a sudden halt just before the aged portal.

"Open," with a vicious kick the massive door swung off of it's hinges and slammed to the ground. "...sesame. Well, don't just stand their gawking. C'mon..."

He proceeded through the grounded door and into what appeared to be a particularly large room made of interlocking metal bars. The grated room was large enough to accomadate four mechs and still provide breathing room, so a trio of them and some people were no problem. He stood in the middle of the box and calmly waited for everyone to come in and get situated in silence. Once they had finished stepping over the downed door, the great slab of metal raised back up again on spring-loaded hinges to stand back in place. Within moments, the entire room began to ascend on a series of metal pullies. An elevator. The ride was mostly silent for the most part, and the englishman coughed and smoothed out his fur coat.

"So...how bout them Yankees?" he asked to nobody in particular. The elevator jerked to a sudden halt however as they arrived at their destination. Repear smiled broadly for the first time in a while, and opened the door once more. Past the elevator was a large room that seemed to be filled with machinery and some docking ports, a mecha garage.

"Set those metal beasts in one of the ports..." he said, indicating the open spaces. One might notice to the far left of the room a pen with several pigs and a cow were stabled stood. The animals made little noise, mostly feeding on an obscenely large sack of grain. The saboteur made a swift pace for the wooden door at the end of the garage and opened it with vigor. He was home. Devlin immediately made an about-face to address those who'd followed. "Alright! This, is my humble abode. First and foremost, the living room. It's big, it's got a big-ass flat-screen tv and a ton of dvds. Two sofas too. Break my stuff, and I break you. Second and third; the kitchen is to your left, lots of dried food, a sink and a small organic garden on the counter. Only one, I repeat, one fruit or veggie per person. To the right is the bathrooms. There's three, each with a toilet, shower and bathtub. In the back, past the liviing room is the...well, I guess you could call them dorms...nobody has used them for a while so don't mind the dust. There's only a bed and an airmoire in those, so don't expect Gand Lux type accomadations. the last room in the dorms is mine. Do. Not. Touch. G'nite, you're all welcome."

With that, he disappeared down the hallway and a slam could be heard as the man entered his room/ The entire facility was powered by generators in some unseen location, while the piping was quite obvious, as the pipes themselves sometimes jutted out of and ran into the wall. In any case, it was free time for the moment.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 am

Kris looked up as a chunk of stone flew into the building, just barely missing his head. So Kaun wasn't dead then. Good, but if he didn't improve his aim Kris soon would be. Still, he realised that the man must be trying to send him a signal. A warning? Kris looked around. He couldn't see anything, and if he listened then...He froze as he heard it. The slight whine of servos that a warrior made when it was moving quietly. Suddenly it was there, its head level with his. He didn't dare move as it searched for him, and then it began to slowly turn its head towards him. If it saw him he was dead-
He didn't have to worry about that though, as Kaun suddenly leapt onto the robot, driving it down and quickly finishing it.
"Kris, let's go. Before any more show up." he said, heading for the gate. Kris walked quickly down the steps, catching up with the man in time for them to both pass through the gate together.
"Here here." he replied.

The rest of the journey North through the woods was made in silence. They were about half-way there when Kris stopped him.
"Kaun, do you hear that?" he whispered. Just faintly, he could hear the sounds of terrified animals and crashing trees. "Shit, I think there's bots further ahead of us. Lots of them." Crap. What were they going to do now? He most definitely did not need any more combat today. He made up his mind pretty quickly, reverting to the plan B he had made when he had first entered the ruined city.
"Kaun, I don't know about you, but I don't want to take on that many of the bastards. I'm changing routes, heading South-West, towards the Portsmouth Bastion. I hear they're trying to turn the Isle of Wight into some sort of fortress, and there might be a place for me there. You can do whatever you want, but I want you to know that I appreciate your help- you've saved my arse twice today, and some day I will repay you. If you want to come with me, the first stop is Convent Reaper." and with that he turned, trudging off into the forest once more, this time away from the bot column.
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:39 pm

The trek had taken a bit, but after hastily switching with Emily, he let her rest in the Scout seat as the Sniper took up controls. It felt good to be back in control again, even if the controls are a little bit sticky from either the heat from her magic or just her perspiration.

When the man single-handed kicked down a door that a mech could fit through, something was definitely wrong. That door would have been... at least a foot thick. The Sniper debated whether the man had taken some sort of experimental drug or if he was just some alien. However, he conceded that he had no other place to live, therefore squeezed his mech in without much complain. Sitting through what the Reaper said, basically the man was letting all of them stay. How long? that was indeterminable. The man was so unstable he could be kicking out any one of them on the spot. Certainly, Fong hoped none of that would happen. He was gone, so the chance of that happening is slim unless somebody decided to break the rules.

Gently, he notified Emily. "Hey, get up. We're here." He said, his voice a medium between too loud and neutral. He wasn't sure where to grab her to get her attention without fire magic melting his mech, so he simply opened the cockpit up and hauled himself out. Lowering himself to the ground with the rope crane, he stretched and got a feel for his chest. On the mend, but any hard fighting and he'd be coughing up blood on the ground.

The Sniper, being so used to rationing his food during his long missions, didn't feel particularly hungry, therefore rejected the idea of consuming excess food harshly. He sat down on one end of a sofa, staring at the large TV. How in the name of god did he get this here? Nevermind, Fong didn't really want to know. What he was interested in, however, was speaking to Leonide about that mech that nearly pushed him off the bridge.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 am

Cyber grinned. Attempting to catch her with a metal hand. He simply shook his head. "Forgive me, I was rambling." He simply stated. When he saw somebody kick a door open his mech zoomed in, replaying the recording in the monitor on the left of his room. He simply shook his head. "That's crazy man." He muttered. He dismissed the video and pushed past Fong's mech He extended his hands and walked his mech over to the dock. He turned his head. "If your weak in the stomach, Look away."

The pipes and tubes would then hiss as Cyber started to remove them manually. They hissed and shrunk into the mech's armour. The implants in his back closed shut, skin colored plates moving over them to hide it. He flexed his hands and streched as he kicked the stairs at the back of the mech down, opening it up. He jumped down as he stairs hit the floor with a loud Bang!. He flexed his jaw casually. He moved it up and down and yawned. Then he turned back to Brenda He went back to the first step and extending his hand, the normal human one.

"Come on, I'll fix you something to eat?" He glanced at Reaper. That was some human.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Brenda was glad she'd been caught, but she hoped it wouldn't have to happen again. She didn't really like to be touched, she didn't really trust people too well, but she hides that, and being caught sure did beat falling. So for the time being, she internalized her discomfort, and kept quiet about it. She removed herself from his arm and stood to the side of the cramped cockpit. "Eh, everyone rambles every now and then." Brenda said with a slight shrug. As the mech zoomed forward, Brenda lurched forward, but she caught herself and got her balance back. Brenda hadn't even seen Reaper kick down the door, but she heard the door crash down, she hadn't really been paying attention. She just thought he'd blown it up or something.

"In the world we live in, anyone with a weak stomach should have gotten over it by now." Brenda said in response as the pipes and tubes disconnected themselves. Brenda was planning on running down the stairs as she usually did with stairs, but before she could Marcus had made it out of the mech, to the ground and then back up. She stared for a moment at the hand out stretched towards her, contemplating what she should do. It was sort of an insult to her, she was a little too proud to act like a helpless, dainty little thing. Not only that, but it was the whole touching thing again, a lack of trust and all that kibosh.

"Um, sorry, I'm -uh- a bit to proud for that sort of chivalry. I can get myself down stairs safely enough." Brenda said with an awkward smile as she side stepped towards the edge of the stairs. She dropped off the side, grabbing on the edge to shorten the distance between her and the ground. Then she dropped down to the ground, her knees bending to help absorb the shock. "Come on, I'll fix you something to eat?" He had said only moments before she jumped down. "No, that's okay, I'm all set." Brenda said patting her bag, then she started walking away, and said, "I'm going to go check the place out. See ya around."

Yes, her departure was abrupt, but she wasn't really good with people and needed some time to herself anyway. Brenda walked through the wooden door that Reaper had and got there just in time to hear, "...flat-screen tv and a ton of dvds. Two sofas too. Break my stuff, and I break you. Second and third; the kitchen is to your left, lots of dried food, a sink and a small organic garden on the counter. Only one, I repeat, one fruit or veggie per person. To the right is the bathrooms. There's three, each with a toilet, shower and bathtub. In the back, past the liviing room is the...well, I guess you could call them dorms...nobody has used them for a while so don't mind the dust. There's only a bed and an airmoire in those, so don't expect Gand Lux type accomadations. the last room in the dorms is mine. Do. Not. Touch. G'nite, you're all welcome."

Brenda watched as Reaper walked down the hall and slammed his door behind him. Well that certainly was interesting and convenient. She thought, looking to the t.v. She could probably turn that in to something more useful than entertainment. Just thinking about it made her hands itch to work. Then Brenda walked down the hall to pick out a room and claim it for herself. She realized that she hadn't done any sort of normal work all day, it felt strange. Even when she was traveling from camp to camp she did some sort of work, working just felt right. Nothing she could do about it now though.

Picking a room, she set her bag and gun on the dusty bed and closed the door behind her. Reaper must have been keeping this for years, but why? She would have thought a notorious madman would want to stay alone, not prepare for guests. Who really cared though? She had a bed, that was good enough for her. With a sigh, Brenda sat down next to her things, a puff of dust clung to the air as she did. She undid the vest and pulled it off, lying it out next to her too. It felt good to be free of the rigid thing for a little while.

Feeling her back, she outlined where her bruises were, and they certainly did smart too. She was sure that they were a nasty purple, and an even nastier reddish purple where it hit her scars. Brenda began to relax more and she pulled the boot knife out of her boot and started to unpack her bag. She threw most of her things in the armiore, stashing her pistol under her pillow and keeping one of the silver wrapped rations with her. The boot knife, she moved to the floor with her vest, while she pulled off her boots and laid back onto the bed. She opened the package and started nibbling its contents. However much she'd like to work, she knew she needed to relax, and as she did, she could already feel her back unkink. For one moment she would relax, and unwind, allow herself the imaginary luxury that nothing was wrong in the world, nothing was seeking to kill her, everything was at piece. For one moment at least, she would allow herself that, but soon the fantasy would be over and she'd start to look for something useful to do.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 pm

After about ten minutes of lying in the darkness it was quite obvious that Reaper wasn't going to be getting any sleep this evening, and the man let out a profound sigh before sitting up. Most of his clothing and equipment was on the floor, save for the black jeans. With a couple claps the lights flickered on to reveal a rather large room filled almost entirely with...junk. Old computers, broken toys, pitted and tarnished jewelery, simply a random assortment of items. These, were his mementos. Reminders of what he had once had, and what he had failed to protect. Reaper slid to the edge of the bed, hanging his legs over and with a glazed look reached for something within a nearby pile. Abselntly, he gripped the object in his hand, staring down at it. It was an iPhone, one of the newer models. Well, as far as they got before the bots arrived. Realization dawned and his chocolate gaze lit up with understanding. Quickly, almost frantically the young man sifted through the knick-knacks and curios searching.

"Ahah!" he called out in triumph after a few minutes, holding up his prize; an iPod charging cable. He blushed slightly though, remembering himself to be alone. Oh, like it matters anymore. Now I just need to ask her...

The englishman hopped off of the ground and headed for the door, the little accessories in hand. In another few moments he was in the dimly lit hallway of the dorms. It seemed that most of the people he'd brought were content to relax, due to the minimal amount of noise coming from the kitchen. Ok... First, Reaper walked into the living room. He was still without shirt and shoes, but it was his house. What did he care? She wasn't there though, although that pilot was lounging on the couch. He moved on to the kitchen, and quickly switched to the garage seeing as how only the mechanical man was there. In the garage, a few people still lingered, but not her...he came to the conclusion that Brenda was in one of the dorms because he hadn't heard any water running for a bath or sower.

In a few minutes Reaper had checked all of the rooms but one, and politely announced himself before entering.

"I'm coming in." he said with a blank tone. The tall man stepped into the room Brenda was occupying barefoot, heedless of the fact that he wore nothing but pants. It wasn't like the survivors hadn't seen worse than a man's body...although the multitude of scars might put some off. He stopped at the foot of the bed, spilling the iPhone and it's charger onto the blanket.

"Um...could you...fix this? I saw some of your equipment and how you stared at the mechs...you obviously know something about machinery...so...uh, please?"

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:38 am

The sound of someone's voice made Brenda jump, and her hand went instinctively to the gun under her pillow. The safety was still on, she could feel it with her finger, but if need be, she could quickly flip that off. The exact person she was not expecting to come in did, and Brenda let laid there for a moment, her hand still reached under the pillow. As he asked her to fix the iphone, she snapped upright, letting go of the gun. It was really quite convenient that something that needed her skills would arise. She started with the cord, thinking it was best to take care of the simple stuff first.

"Yeah, sure, I'll do what I can. There won't be much I can do if the logic board, and its chips, or the touch screen module is fried." Brenda said, turning to the actual iphone as she decided the charger was fine. "It's not really the mechs I'm interested in but their computers. I could probably do a lot with those, might take a lot of reprogramming but that's good enough for me." She said, her voice fading off a bit as she used her nail to pull the back off. Inspecting the inside, she muttered, "This'll take a lot of cleaning." She blew on it gently and, then looking for something to ground her, Brenda grabbed onto the frame of the bed. She started with the logic board, and one by one she inspected the chips.

"You're lucky, the logic board looks good, all three power amps should be fine, same with power management, and your processor. If anything's wrong there, it's because I can't see it." Brenda said and then turned to the battery and where the wires met the board. "When was the last time this thing was charged?" She asked, although the question was too relevant, she was just curious. After scratching away some battery acid, and repair the wires that connected the battery to the logic board, Brenda moved on to inspect the rest of it.

((Note: I got lazy about putting all the technical stuff in this next paragraph. You would be too it you went about conducting a butt load of research to make your post a little more accurate.))
Then with a little bit of tweaking here and there, Brenda reassembled the phone, and let go of the bed frame. Then she handed the whole thing back to Reaper and said, "Charge it for twenty-four hours, at least, before trying to mess with it too much." Then she paused for a moment and asked, "How'd you get all of this anyway?"

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 am

Kaun stopped upon hearing Kris whisper. He would tilt his head, now hearing the bots coming. Nodding to Kris he listened to his idea of changing routes, not much caring where they were going to begin with and fairly stuck with the boy till his leg was fully healed. "Right, then let's get going before they find us. But convent Reaper? I think that was one of the men from Alpha." He said, thinking back. "Hmm... Let's just get moving." He said, taking up his sword he would start heading South-West. Kaun then thought about their destination Portsmouth Bastion. :: If you build yourself into a fortress you're just going to be a beacon asking for attack... :: He thought, already he didn't overly care for convents and preferred being out on his own or with a small group.

Megraw
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Reaper simply nodded as the woman agreed to repair the little piece of technology, not even showing the slightest hint of emotion. He disregarded nearly every bit of machine-related informatin Brenda spoke, and sat down on the edge of the bed to watch her work instead. Ever since before the invasion, he had found watching people work with technology to be fascinating beyond words. Of course, he didn't know a circuit from a microchip, but it was still interesting to watch so many parts come together to form something that seemed so complex on the outside. Soon enough though, she finished her work. He hadn't noticed it, but Reaper had managed to edge his way further onto the bed and sat crossed-legged barely a foot from Brenda. He rubbed the back of his head and took back the iPhone and charger, nodding to her words of wisdom.

"Thank...you..." the words seemed unfamiliar in his mouth, as if saying them for the first time. "Brenda. That's your name...oh, I'm Dev-" he stopped midsentence, realizing that that's what one would say in a normal greeting. But this wasn't normal. The world had ended, and giant robots roamed the land eating people...but for some reason, he could help but say it, albeit in a quiet voice. "Devlin..."

For a long moment the shirtless man stared at the bed between them, the silence stretching into what would probably be seen as an awkward moment. Slowly, his gaze traveled upward to meet Brenda's eyes. She was pretty. But, he tried to keep his mind away from those thoughts.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you escape Garrison?" his question was sudden and forward, and Devlin stared at the woman inquisitively. "I know how I did. But i'm me...I have explosives and extensive knowledge of the convents...but what do you have? A computer? A rifle?" for the first time in a while he showed some emotion. The edge of his lips set into a smirk, and his eyebrow quirked in silent question. "You're a human, if i'm not mistaken. The others were all metahuman, mages, armorslayers and pilots...a little girl with a pea-shooter would've had zero to no chance of getting out of the hell hole alive. So how...?"

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 pm

"Yeah, sure, no problem." Brenda said in response to the thank you, then was taken by surprise as he already knew her name. How did he know already? She was about to ask, when he started to say his name, his real name. Of course his real name wasn't Reaper, who would name their child that? "Uh, nice to meet you Devlin." She said, her voice exposed her surprise quiet efficiently, she wasn't exactly the best at hiding how she felt.

Not the most social creature is he, and when the heck did that happen? She thought as she looked down at the space between them, and just realized that he was sitting on her bed, and only a foot away too. How unobservant could you get? Her gaze there lasted no longer then a second, and shortly after looking back up, his gaze met her's. It was a bit of an awkward moment, but it left quickly as he began to quiz her on how she made it out.

"Well, I'd like to call it sheer dumb luck. I've tried to train myself since this whole mess started. I've done a pretty good job too, sort of." Brenda started, pausing as she remembered the scar her muscles were still recovering from. "Anyways, I tested a virus on a shell and found that the warriors are unaffected by it. It made a great distraction though, and then I ran for it. So yeah, basically I was really lucky." Her explanation was really simple, and it still left open the question of how she had managed to test the virus on the shell in the first place. Then she continued with a short little explanation of, "And, I actually had to leave my computer behind, that's why I was interested in mechs. They have computers, I'm sure I could do something useful with them."

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am

Fong had graciously switched with Emily after her little speech. It wasn't completely necessary, but it was nice to take a break from the steep learning curve she had shoved herself into. She sat down in the scout seat while Fong drove the mech. She was tired, yes, but she wasn't prepared to sleep just yet, not until they were to some sort of safe place. Instead, she had brought her mind to other issues. Contemplating the sudden downfall of Earth's greatest stronghold. Emily couldn't help but wonder if the attack had been brought about by someone on the inside, with something to gain from the fall of such a powerful covenant.

Emily had plenty of time to dwell on the issue, but was unable to come up with what could be gained by destroying Garrison Alpha. Instead, she watched Fong drive, and let her mind work on other issues that had been bugging her.

Before she knew it, they had arrived at some type of door. Emily watched onscreen as Reaper kicked down a solid door and laughed to herself. Well Mr. Reaper, you've let on more then you think there. Emily mused to herself as the group entered and rose up an elevator, You're some type of metahuman yourself aren't you.

The mech parked, and Fong was up. Emily must have looked like she was sleeping because he spoke fairly softly to her "Hey, get up. We're here." Emily yawned and stretched out her weariness as she stood up and followed Fong down the Rope crane. Having heard there was food around, Emily's stomach gave a tiny rumble as she realized she hadn't eaten an actual meal since she had cooked a rabbit, BEFORE coming to Garrison Alpha.

Without a word, Emily turned and headed off to the Kitchen. It actually had running water, and the organic garden bit was better then she had hoped. Naturally, there weren't any fruit trees, so an apple was out of the question, but there were a few Tomato plants which would suffice nicely. Emily searched the plants for a large tomato, one that was red, but still had a tough non spongy exterior. After a minute, she settled on a particular tomato, and picked it off the plant, placing it on one of the counters after wiping some of the dust off.

Opening a few cabinets and drawers, Emily found a knife, a plate, and salt and pepper. She sliced the tomato into thin sections, and placed each section on the plate, sprinkling both condiments onto the tomatoes. Taking one of the smaller slices, she bit into it, savoring every moment. It had been years since she had a good tomato, even more then that since she had been able to find spices that complimented they tomato's natural taste. Emily took two glasses from the cupboard, and filled them with water, before leaving the kitchen in favor of the crowded living room again, plate of chopped tomatoes and water glasses in hand.

She set the plate and glasses down on the table in front of her, and sat down into a swiveling padded reclining chair, about 2 feet from fong's position on the sofa. "Here" she said, sliding one of the glasses of water over to him. "Feel free to have a slice of tomato too if you want. He has salt and pepper in the kitchen. I haven't seen spices like that in ages" She mentioned excitedly, before taking a bite out of another tomato slice.

Chewing on the tomato, She swallowed and lowered her voice a bit. "Hey I've been thinking, I think this Reaper guy might be an armorslayer. His speed and power are both unnatural. He went toe to toe with a warrior bot, and managed to come out without a scratch. And just a minute ago, He kicked down that door. A normal human wouldn't be able to do either of those things. They'd have been chopped to bits by a warrior in seconds in single combat. What do you know about the guy?" She asked inquisitively.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am

The Sniper's reverie was interrupted as the female Fire Mage dropped in, holding a plate of spiced tomatoes. The aroma instantly aroused his dormant stomach, which involuntarily cause his mouth to water. Speaking of water, she had also brought him a glass. Fong was glad of her consideration.

"Here" she said, sliding one of the glasses of water over to him. "Feel free to have a slice of tomato too if you want. He has salt and pepper in the kitchen. I haven't seen spices like that in ages.." She said, offering the plate as well. Fong looked at the dried vegetable, extremely surprised one would have so much in possession to offer everyone at least one. Was this simply just a temporary home? Can't be... there was a huge TV sitting right in front of them.

"Thanks... a lot." The Sniper said, taking a tomato from the plate Emily offered graciously. Smiling, he took a bite of the seasoned tomato, marveling at the sharp flavors that assaulted his head. Being used to eating nothing better than some salted dry meat on rare occasions, the flavor of a tomato was a shock to his body. Pepper as well... how in the world did he get his hands on that?

They ate in silence for only a few seconds before Emily asked him, "Hey I've been thinking, I think this Reaper guy might be an armorslayer. His speed and power are both unnatural. He went toe to toe with a warrior bot, and managed to come out without a scratch. And just a minute ago, He kicked down that door. A normal human wouldn't be able to do either of those things. They'd have been chopped to bits by a warrior in seconds in single combat. What do you know about the guy?"

Fong swallowed what he was eating, going deep into thought for a second. "Not much more than you, I believe. Rumors spread, I'm surprised you feel you have to ask." He began, shifting into a more comfortable position. "He was the leader of a famous Convent, around the time I was mid-twenties, I believe. Of course, I wanted to go over there- the protection and fighters there were the best of the best. We all thought Convent Reaper would be the one to lead us to victory in this war.." He paused, brooding slightly. "Then, two years later, it was attacked. I remember nobody ever finding out about it until Convent Reaper had stopped sending monthly reports. Nobody survived except Reaper himself, and even he wasn't suspected to be alive until we sent scouts over to check it out. Reaper stabbed one of them as a warning."

Clearing his throat, he lowered his voice even more. "Course, I felt just as bad as everyone else when Convent Reaper fell. His Convent was much closer to the Bots than Alpha was, so Garrison Alpha was fairly peaceful for those two years. Now that the genius behind that had more or less gone mad, we had to rely on our current leader, who is now dead. And here I am. That's all I really know about Reaper." He paused, noticing he involuntarily included glimpses of his life with the story. He tried not to notice that, and added something else. "The strain of losing everyone he was supposed to be the leader of in a single night got to him. And the brain causes the muscles to react strongly. The insane are often many times stronger than one who keeps rational thought. It's a trade off for logic. That's what I think."

"What about you? Where have you been?" The sniper asked in return, looking at Emily with a renewed interest. He knew nothing besides her name, since they didn't have much time to talk along the way.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:17 pm

"Sheer, dumb, luck?" the man frowned and involuntarily reached out a hand to poke Brenda's forehead. It was a gesture he used quite often when he was leader of Convent Reaper, and Devlin hadn't even noticed he'd done it. "So...you fucked with bots intentionally, a Shell even, and got through an exploding city filled with hostiles...with luck?" he couldn't help but crack a smile. This woman was either a very good liar, or the luckiest girl he'd ever met.

"Hmm..." he stretched out, yawning for a moment on the bed. "I think I like you. You're...interesting." with a flurry of movement Devlin flipped backwards off of the bed, iPhone in hand. He shot Brenda a faint smile and waved. "Thanks for the repair." he then turned on the ball of his foot and exited the room, quietly closing the door. Devlin immediately hung a right to his room, opening up a nearby laptop to plug in and charge the iPhone. Absently, he remembered the woman had said something about losing her computer. And, it wasn't like he was using most of them...quickly, the man scooped up a dustly toshiba laptop and it's charger and left the room. Without announcing himself, Devlin opened the door to Brenda's dorm and walked over to set the computer on her bed. "Outlet's over there," he said while pointing at the corner, "if it needs charging." and once again, he was out of her room.

This time, Devlin walked into the hallway to catch voices coming from the living room. Something about himself, actually. Did one of them just call me and armorslayer? he thought with a slight smirk. That quickly faded. Did the other one just call me insane? With a blank expression, he walked into the living room to see the mage from earlier and her pilot...friend, still on the couch. He shivered slightly, realizing he still had neglected to put on a shirt.

"You know, it's rude to talk about the man whose house you're staying in for the night." he glided past the pair and into the kitchen for a moment, plucking a handful of strawberries out of the organic garden. "And...I wouldn't mind answering personal questions for myself, thank you." popping a berry into his mouth, the man walked off towards the bathrooms and muttered something none-too-pleasant about those two. He grabbed a nearby towel off of the rack and turned on the shower. For a long while, he simply stood under the hot water, thinking.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 am

Brenda tried to swat away the finger that touched her forehead, as she said, "Yeah, pretty much." Then before she could really do anything, he stretched out, said he liked her, that she was interesting, and flipped off the bed. She sort of sat there, her mouth slacked as she was a bit stunned. "Uh, yeah, sure, no problem." She said as her usually "you're welcome" and then he left. Well she knew that he was a strange man, said to be crazy, but she hadn't really expected that sort of eccentricity. "Well, that was interesting." She said with a sigh.

The words had barely left her tongue when he came back in with a laptop in hand and set it down on her bed. Her mouth dropped open and then turned into a grin as he told her where the outlet was in case it needed charging. Then he was gone again and she was left with the laptop to do with what she wanted. She didn't stop grinning until she inspected the laptop thoroughly, cleaned it up a bit, and then plugged it in so that it could charge. She would let it charge before she actually started the real work on it.

Then she put herself back together, strapping on the bullet proof vest and slipping the boot knife back in her boot. She decided to go see what was there in the kitchen, more out of curiosity than hunger. She wasn't hungry, and when she was, she took forever deciding on what she wanted. That's why her mystery rations were better for everyone's sake. So Brenda walked through the living room and into the kitchen. She looked around the room for a moment, and then left again.

She stopped for a moment in the living room, almost wanting to converse with the two there, but decided it wasn't a conversation for her to butt into. So she went back to her room. She lied down on the bed again, and waited for the laptop to charge. She thought for a moment about maybe going to talk to Marcus again, but maybe not, she kind of liked lying there waiting for the laptop to charge.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:06 am

"Right, then let's get going before they find us. But convent Reaper? I think that was one of the men from Alpha." asked Kaun as he followed Kris. The teen was actually really pleased that the guy was still with him, and he gave him a quick smile. The expression just looked awkward rather than warm on him though, he hadn't smiled in so long.
"Reaper? Last I heard he died along with the rest of his Convent. That's why we're going there. The place is completely dead and deserted, like Alpha without the leftover bots." he replied. He had made a stop at the ruins of Convent Reaper on his way to Garrison Alpha, and had been rather contented amongst the ruins, though some may have found them creepy. Once the noise of the bots moving around could no longer be heard, he spoke up again, louder.
"So, you want to stop for the night and rest your leg, or keep walking? I can do either. By the way, what's it like to be an Armourslayer, with all the super strength and stuff? Do you ever wish you were just normal?", it appeared that after months spent trekking alone through the forests his mind had decided that he really needed to talk to someone. Finally he added "Also, why use the sword? I mean I know you're all strong and everything, but why not just carry a really big gun instead?"

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:58 am

Cyber was slumped against his mech. He wasn't hungry, not like he could eat proper food anymore, all this processed shit was disgusting. He could chew and swallow, but the constant warrior teeth biting into the roof of his mouth was getting annoying. He needed to get the heavy weight off his jaw. He lifted a hand to his jaw and slowly it started to hiss. He removed the metal jaw completely, revealing the complete lower jaw-line completely severed off from underneath chin. In all intents and purposes. He had only survived due to a large amount of painkillers and quick surgery.

His breath became lighter, easier. He let out a pleased sigh and leaned on the leg of his mech. Nobody was bothering to talk with him. Typical.

He closed his eyes. Thinking hard about his past. He opened them in a second before getting up from his position. He decided to go check on Brenda. He rapped his knuckles on her door and pushed it open, taking a position next to the door. He waved and simply shrugged, as if saying he was bored. She would probably note the now human looking face, lacking the warrior jaw now.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!