Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Starfighters: Opposites Detract!!!

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Starfighters: Opposites Detract!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Augustus Caesario III

Image“The Fighter I am pairing you with is the best we have. I trust you two will make amicable partners in this war. Fly true Caesario.”

“Fight hard General Sir.” A fist crossed over his chest to place itself over his heart as he widened his stance to legs shoulder-width apart. The General nodded at this gesture of salute, and Augustus turned around sharply to exit the office. Everything from his rigid stance to his salute had been executed perfectly; however it lacked, right down to his voice, the power behind it that made people of the military truly intimidating individuals. Augustus had for a long time been allowed to let this slip at the Navigator Academy, the only reason being that he was the fact that he so happened to be the best Navigator in the school. What he lacked physically he made up for in brain power and talent behind the wheel of a Starfighter. However this would prove to be something not acceptable once he got to the base he was to be stationed at, but he didn’t know that quite yet.

What he did know, is that he was proud to have done so well, and while making his way to the deploy hanger to head off to his station, this pride showed in the slight skip in his step and broad smile on his face. He was grateful to have done so well, when he had told his parents that he was enlisting they told him over and over that he was going to die, but with this new partner who was ‘the best’ and him having graduated also as the best, he stood a good chance of helping his planet. All that he cared for was on the brink of an occupation, a all be damned if Augustus the third was simply going to sit back while it happened.

“Caesario! So we heard out little Star Girl got top pick of the Pooches…” A mocking voice came to Augustus’ ears, the voice of one of many men and women in the Academy who called him a Star Girl, basically a military whore, and did various other things such as groping his buttocks whenever he passed them in the hallway. They picked on him ever since he began coming to school, singling him out as a gorgeous rich boy that didn’t know what he was getting into. Their ridicule was widely ignored by Augustus, and the sexual advances they made were also ignored, but more so because Augustus had no idea what a sexual advance was. Luckily they were strapped to their seats this time, so he didn’t have to respond in the least bit to his former classmates.

“You’ll be grateful for my skill on the battlefield Connell, don’t worry, I’m not mean. I’ll be sure to come to your rescue.” But Augustus could not help but make a retort anyway. Those annoying jerks weren’t going to get to him today, not today.

-Arrival at the Station-

They arrived at the station some time later, Augustus had allowed himself to doze off, which was a mistake because while traveling they were allowed out of their seats. Augustus had the misfortune of waking up to one of his mockers slowly unzipping his white battle suit, his shocked and angry face made him and those watching roar in laughter. But besides that it was ok. He just wanted to get to the station so he could get to his post, hopefully he wouldn’t even have to see most of these people after today. His wish came true, but in a different way then he was expecting.

They arrived at the Station yes, but while everyone was getting off, he was instructed by the Master on base to stay on the Hyper-Plane. His base was further into a danger zone apparently; well it made sense if he was being paired up with a Fighter who had made a reputation for himself. While the other Navigators and classmates had new ones, Augustus was assigned to one whose Navigator had died already, or that was what he assumed, since he was in commission and in need of a fresh Navigator.

He arrived again some time later, to be woken up this time by his new commanding officer. “Wakey wakey Sleeping Beauty, your carriage into hell awaits!” Came a cheery voice, despite the words. “Oh! Sir!” Augustus half-hazardly stood up at attention, blushing at being like this in front of his new commanding officer, with his luck also the leader of his particular squad. Although he was dressed in a pitch black battle suit, the marks of a Fighter, he had a red cross pinned to his shoulder, signifying he was also a healer. So he wasn’t the Squad Leader, thank goodness. The Blonde leader gave a completely candid pat on Augustus’ shoulder and shook him loose.

“Calm down, you ain’t in the Academy anymore Doll Face, so chill out.” He wrapped the still blushing Navigator in a hearty half hug, dragging him off the ship and out into the base. “Your bags are hear already, and basically you’re set to go, but since I lost a game of holo-cards to your new uh…partner, he basically held the I O U over my head to come get you.” The Medic explained, still half carrying Augustus around.

“Um, so where is he now-!”

“Hey Chad! Look, I gots me a new bitch! Pretty ain’t she!” The medic seemed to be playing some sort of game, which Augustus took offence to, he did not get out of the Academy to be hassled by a new set of people all over again. His blushing face scowled sourly.

“I am a man thank you very much…Sir.” He said grumpily.

“Hm? Oh I thought you were just flat…but yah I don’t care, I figured I’d have fun with newbie while I can still talk to you. Now how ‘bout you give me a kiss hm? Haven’t gotten a taste ah sugar in a long while.” He brought Augustus’ face up forcefully, still looking cheery.

Augustus quickly decided that this man was psychotic, and threw a punch at his face, which didn’t seem to faze him much.

“You punch like a Navigator sweetie.” He let go of Augustus suddenly, smiling, he laughed as he walked away. “Enjoy your stay!” He left Augustus confused and in the middle of the compound, he looked around uneasily, everyone seemed to go back to what they were doing. “Um…” God this wasn’t going as planned.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Starfighters: Opposites Detract!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Alister McLoughlin

Image "Hey, Ali! I hear you're getting yourself a new Navigator today."

Alister sighed even as he heard the words come out of one of his fellow Fighters and mumbled, "Yeah...Sure. I'd be better off without one of the pathetic little pussies, but sure."

The dark haired woman shook her head, "Yeah, Ali, I'd like to see you fly a fighter."

"You don't think I could?"

"Not at all."

He shook his head and said, "Shut it. And as far as the Navigator goes, I'm not going to get them. Somebody decided to play cards with me. I figured this was about as good as any money he'd give me." Besides, He thought, They probably won't be here for an hour or two.

The Fighter chuckled and said, "Yeah, be more careful with this one, alright? I don't think we can afford to keep replacing your Navigators." And then she was off. Alister frowned, It was just one. I've only lost one.... His mind strayed to the last Navigator he'd gotten and he glared at nothing in particular. Idiot hadn't listened to him and gotten herself killed. He just couldn't work with that. Not at all. He hoped this new one could hold their own...Or was at least capable of staying put when he said so. He'd prefer to not always be babysitting their ass, but it was true, he couldn't do it all on his own, no matter what he told anyone else. He was the best fighter around, but he was lacking in the navigation business.

Though, he knew he was the best of the best in his field. But he didn't let it get to his head...The moment he let himself get overconfident and let his guard down; he'd be dead. And he knew it.

So, those thoughts in mind, he decided to train a while, better himself while waiting on his new "partner" to get there, and probably for a few minutes after they did arrive. He was in no hurry to meet them. They'd be just fine, he was sure. And if not, well, perhaps he'd just have to be sent another new Navigator. Maybe one with some balls for a change. Ha! Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen.

Thing was, he didn't have an easy time throughout his training. Life was never handed to him on a silver platter, and he'd always been violent. He was a perfect pick to be a Fighter, really. He'd kicked, scratched, punched, clawed and shot his way to the top, and he'd still be more than willing to punch out anyone who stood in his way, regardless of who they were. Though, he never got lazy. Sitting around doing nothing wasn't for him. Idle time makes you soft. You have to fight to live, and he certainly lived to fight.

He was born to fight. Bred to fight.

After a while of training himself he figured, Okay, don't want the poor whimp to die or anything, better go find 'em. So, he set off to find his new partner. Really, he just had to ask around a bit. Find that crazy medic who owed him one and ask what the bitch looked like.

Though, really, he didn't have to. It just took a little bit of walking to find the Navigator with long...And very light colored hair. Brushed a bit of his own black hair out of his face, Alister sighed and mumbled, "Great, well..." Before walking over and saying, "Please don't tell em you're my Navigator. Could they maybe have sent someone who hasn't ever had to fight once in their life? I thought I said I wanted someone who couldn't stand up for themselves!" He sighed, "Honestly! The last one died because she was a pussy who couldn't hold her own for five seconds while I was risking my ass. So, tell me, are you really who they've sent me? Really?"
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:01 am

Augustus Caesario III

Oh the embarrassment! Augustus had never been treated so candidly since he was very young, since then the insincere cordiality was a stifling reality he had to live in. In a way, the blush in his face was out of happiness for this very friendly and personal treatment. To be treated like, well he wouldn’t say friend, but it was safe to assume it was nothing like an enemy.

Augustus had no idea if it was worse to have fingers pointing at you, people whispering about you, or the opposite. Because right now he was being completely ignored, no set of eyes were on him directly. People mingled, either cleaning lasers or carrying tools, playing cards, he could even see one couple, two fighters, snogging shamelessly in the shade of a corner. A closer look told him that they were both male. His heart constricted and raced as he watched them, surprised more than anything. Two men!? Those sorts of relationships were looked down on by society, warned against and thought of as immature. You were only considered accepted by higher ups if you accepted responsibility to have a family and contribute to society. Homosexual relationship weren’t exactly looked down on in this day and age, but they were expected to be flings.

Augustus had been asked out by plenty of women and men before sure, but he never found any that suited his fancy. A sharp voice spurred him out of his thoughts and caused him to turn around and face his verbal assailant. It was a taller Fighter, Starfighter unit, his eyes were a mean shade of cobalt blue, and his hair was darker than any night Augustus had experienced. Had the two not met under such rude accusations, Augustus would probably have taken an instant desire to get to know this person. But as it stood, the blush on his face was instead paled with anger, his would be smile turned down into a pouting frown, and his otherwise smooth face wrinkled at the brow in show of distress.

His fists clenched, and he stood straighter (if that was at all possible) than before. “How dare you show such disrespect to your deceased comrade.” He seethed, not allowing Alister to respond before continuing in a much louder voice, “You aren’t the only one risking your bottom here Fighter, Navigators are constantly at risk and brave intelligent operatives that do their work even when mindless Fighter Dogs snarl at us. And as for not telling anyone I’m your Navigator, too damn bad. By the end of our first mission, you’ll be PROUD I’m your Navigator.” And with those last words said in a huff, a couple of cheers and whoops, even a clap, acknowledged Augustus from the audience before them as he stomped off past Alister.

Before stopping and realizing he had no idea where he was going. “Where the heck is our room anyway.” Damn boarding arrangements…

((the Medic
Sorry it took me so long to respond, The riots are down here in London and I went to a couple of trials with my Officer man, they were interesting and very quick =_= scary though))

That One Guy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:49 am

Alister McLoughlin

Image Alister couldn't keep the smirk off his face as he listened to his partner speak. He decided, somewhere deep down, that just maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Sure, he still thought that his new Navigator looked like a whiny bratty wimp, but the kid knew how to stand up for himself. He nodded as his Navigator began to storm off and some cheering started. So his new partner had guts. Great, he was already doing better than the last one. Did that mean Alister liked him, though? Not at all.

When the question of boarding came up, he smirked. Of course. He walked over to his Navigator and said, "I was actually going to take you there. And now I fully expect you to make me proud to say you're my Navigator. Don't let me down on that one." He shook his head and said, "Follow me and pay attention. I am not showing you how to get to our room again, understand?" And he meant it. He really wouldn't, nor did her really care if his new partner got lost.

As he led through several halls, corridors and such, he said, "Listen, I'm gonna warn you about this once: while you're here, you're never gonna be in any real danger. Your pride, though, that's what you've gotta watch. Us "dogs" will chew you up and spit you out before you can even beg for mercy. And we'll enjoy it. Nobody'll try and kill you or anything, but you have to keep looking good. You look pretty good to everyone that saw that. Pretty damn fearless for standing up to me like that. Something my last partner failed to do when she met me. I'm not saying I like you, or that I ever will, I'm just saying that if you want to survive around here; you're gonna have to learn how things are done."

Then he came upon the room they'd be sharing and opened the door, "Here you go, you're highness. My name is Alister McLoughlin, so you know. And, yes, I will be tormenting you. I hope you enjoy this partnership as much as I'm sure I will." With that he'd wait a moment or two in case the Navigator had anything he wanted to say, but Alister really didn't care about hearing him out, so after he waited, whether his partner was in the middle of talking or not, he'd just turn around and leave.

He had better things to do than listen to the man, honestly.

((Oh, that's fine. I undertsand...Sort of. And I quite like the Medic.))

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Augustus Caesario III

ImageStupid smirk, stupid boarding arrangements, stupid Fighter, stupid stupid stupid stupid! In other words, this little popinjay’s feathers were all puffed out, and the fact that the Fighter seemed not to care at all, completely at ease, made him continuously pissed. ‘[i]Tch, my skills will shut you up sure enough.[i]’ at this time he was embarrassed about his outburst and kept his words to himself. He allowed Alister to walk past him and take the lead; he kept his glare on his back as he continued.

He went on to say that he’d better pay attention to the layout, which was another thing to call stupid, he was a Navigator for Pete’s sake, someone trained for of all things, a good memory. He supposed that his last Navigator must have had a poor sense of direction, and remembering that he had a previous Navigator softened his expression. The poor girl, she must have been shy…

They came to a building that was difficult to miss, and although he had been heading that direction, with the numerous windows and therefore numerous bedrooms, he was sure he’d never find the one he and Alister were to share. Alister then went on to give some ‘friendly advice’, if it could be called that, about how things worked around camp. It sounded a little better than the Academy; at least people would treat you well if you performed well.

They came to their door, and it showed a room, the furniture black, with the bed against a wall that held another door. Each room was split in two by a thinner wall at bases, in case of roommates being separate genders, not that it stopped anything if anything was going on though. He walked in, “Augustus Caesario, pleased to meet you.” he didn’t sound pleased. But Alister’s biting condescension and sarcasm was difficult to be happy with. He passed the room, noting the lack of bathroom, meaning that the bathroom would be on his end of the split room. And the welcome of white furniture (the military sure was cliché) showed him his end of the room. He studied the drawers thoughtfully, still feeling bad for the Navigator that was boarded here before him. He imagined she probably curled up in the bed; he sat on it, imagining what she looked like. His image of her was innocent and feeble, with big eyes, though that was just his interpretation; he had no way of knowing what she used to look like. Oh wait yah he did.

He unzipped his suitcase, a clear contraption that made things easier for inspection, and brought out his computer, a foldout machine that worked by touch and holo-imaging. It didn’t take long to get into the databases; he sat back and began to read.

-much later that night-

Augustus had fallen asleep on the bed, the computer curled into his crescent position. He was sleeping as soundly as a baby, until a booming knock came on the door. He startled awake. How annoying, it was probably Alister coming to use the bathroom, given the late hour it looked to be like that. He mumbled that he had a thing or two to say to that Fighter, after reading about his previous partner he was horrified that he didn’t care about her at all. She was an adorable girl with good marks from the Academy, what had gone wrong?

He opened the door, scowl ready, only to find that it wasn’t Alister, it was the Medic from earlier. Augustus looked around, Alister wasn’t in the room. “Isn’t it late?”

“Duh, late enough to party, and to think that you were trying to hide in here all night! We can’t have that I’m afraid.” The Medic winked and grabbed the still groggy Augustus by the arm, dragging him out into the hall. “One on one fights, drinking contests, cards, dancing. It all happens when the sun goes down Doll Face! What in the world did they teach you at the Academy?” He laughed heartily. "Now you get to see why Alister is so respected around here."

“…?” Augustus was pulled away into the night, apparently to fund a taste of what it was like to live on base.

That One Guy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Alister McLoughlin

Image"Haha! Ali, you got 'im!"

And wham! With one, fluid movement, Alister had the latest guy who thought he could take him on the ground, his elbow on the man's chest and said challenger quite done with the fight. Cheers and laughter could be heard all around the room as Alister stood up and just shrugged, as if to say, "Well, that was easy."

Then Maria, one of his- ahem- friends, walked over and said, "He didn't stand a chance, Ali."

Alister chuckled, "No, he didn't. And don't call me that in front of people."

"You're complaining. You need more to drink."

Alister nodded, "I'm not gonna argue with that." Maria smiled, as if waiting for something before he said, "Well, go get me something." The woman grinned, she liked a man that took charge. Being submissive was definitely her thing..But not to just anyone. She was rather picky.

While Maria was busy with that, Alister went to go do something else...He was quite honestly never bored when it came to evening time around the camp. And it kept him from having to be around Augustus, as he doubted the man would be very interested in this sort of thing...And even if someone convinced him to come once or twice, Alister honestly didn't think it would be a regular thing. He walked over to a game of cards that was in full swing and watched for a moment. He was rather good at cards, himself, though everyone he beat said it was his dumb luck. As if luck was what carried him through life, please. Alister believed in luck as much as he believed his hair was bright red. People were just sore losers.

He cleared his throat as one of the men made a move and said, "Damn, Wes...You just gonna let Chester get away with cheating like that?"

The man with light brown hair shook his head, "I'm not cheating Alister, you know that."

Alister smiled, "Yeah, I do. Just hoping to make Wes feel better about losing so bad. He's got a shitty hand."

Wes, a rather muscular blond headed man sighed and looked over at Alister, "What's wrong with you, Alister? My hand's perfectly fine."

Chester obviously believed Alister over Wes; what man would admit to having a shitty hand in a game of cards? At any rate, Alister left them to their game. A moment later, though, it was quite obvious that Chester had lost, and Wes was very happy.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!