Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Swiftly and with style

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Swiftly and with style

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commissioner Sleer on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Did I catch your attention with that phrase?

Well, the disconcerting news is that you are probably susceptible to catchy advertisements.

I am Sleer, passing here and there looking for this that and the other. At the moment I could be convinced to go after the "colonial experience" type of roleplay, probably SF based but I will keep a free mind.

Otherwise I may consider:

-Mage's Guild (But I rather it be an original theme and not a Fan based work in this case)
-Detective Story (preferably along the 19th century, early 20th century and futuristic lines, not modern crime)
-Post Apocalypse (Nuclear, Alien Invasion, Plague and others but I rather keep the dead in their graves)
-Survival (19th century "Island" themes along with their modern "Lost" and SF equivalent
-Space Ship (The classical Star Trek conception in terms of a space ship as the main setting but an original setting would be attractive)
-Classical D&D Fantasy adventure
-Dynastic Medieval
-Political (I would like to try a political roleplay meaning a roleplay of a political party or the ruling cabinet of a country, House of cards does come to mind (BBC and the American Copy)

Like I said, I can keep a free mind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Commissioner Sleer
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Swiftly and with style

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Well hello there, Commissioner! It's nice to meet you. I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts, much coveted for my rare pelt and pointy horns.

Anyways, glad to see you joining us. Feel free to dive in and have a look around. Be sure to check out the "Our Rules" section, which you can view from the top of the page.

Ahh, House of Cards! That caught my interest. I haven't seen the BBC version, unfortunately, but I'm a huge fan of the Netflix version. I'd love to even just talk about that show in-depth with someone. There's so much going on.

If you have any further questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!